Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

extremely hype to play Super Mario Wonder coming out Next Month on my Nintendo Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

An Actual Princess posted:

extremely hype to play Super Mario Wonder coming out Next Month on my Nintendo Switch

Strong sandwich board energy.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

:yeah:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this+Mario RPG remake...ctrl+alt+dlt_year_of_the_gamer.jpg

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
october is pretty stacked

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd eat Nintendo

fixed

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

symbolic posted:

this+Mario RPG remake...ctrl+alt+dlt_year_of_the_gamer.jpg

:hai:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
a new sonic and a new mario within days of each other... i am so blessed

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

We need a revival of that Mario and Link double cereal from the 90s.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

xedo posted:

We need a revival of that Mario and Link double cereal from the 90s.

I ate way too much of that back in the day.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I missed the Mario Odyssey cereal :(

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That reminds me that I think in the mid-90s they had Mario branded soda for a short time. I don't remember the flavors, just the feeling of not understanding why they were there one day and then just suddenly gone.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I'll be in Amsterdam when Mario Wonder releases, sure hope I can find a physical copy of the game while I'm there so I can say I've bought at least one physical game while overseas (and so I can play it on the flight back, ofc)

...Switch games aren't region locked, are they? :ohdear:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Nope

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

otter posted:

I ate SO MUCH drat Pokemon snacks growing up; the main ones I remember are these Poptarts:

And the waffles:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Maroon Hawk posted:

...Switch games aren't region locked, are they? :ohdear:
The handful of ones sold specifically in mainland China are.

Most first-party Switch releases are actually world-wide. Not only are they not region locked, but the actual cartridges are identical save for the label (which contains the CERO/ESRB/PEGI ratings codes). So if you later bought the game on the eShop the saves would be cross-compatible, and you can actually redeem gold points across regions too.

Edit: If you're purchasing the game in person it might be worth asking for a tax-free form and applying for a VAT refund while you fly out. You could probably save €12, which might be worth the trouble if you're also applying for refunds on other goods.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 19, 2023

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Manoueverable posted:

That reminds me that I think in the mid-90s they had Mario branded soda for a short time. I don't remember the flavors, just the feeling of not understanding why they were there one day and then just suddenly gone.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Ok, I want those pop tarts.
I'm working my way through a box of the banana bread ones and they rule.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember those tarts but I only liked unfrosted pop tarts so I never partook. Those waffles were good tho

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
And there were of course these classics:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, with My Time at Sandrock, Detective Pikachu Returns 2, the Resident Evil 4 DLC (not Switch obvs), Disgaea 7, my next couple weeks are stacked for gamings.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Read After Burning posted:

And there were of course these classics:

mario is as surprised as we are

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ahh poo poo nyxi released an upgrade to the Hyperion joycons with hall effects sticks and a gorgeous shade of green: https://nyxigame.com/products/nyxi-hyperion-pro-meteor-light-wireless-joy-pad-for-switch-switch-oled

My original Hyperion set is easily my favorite switch purchase of all time and I'm extremely tempted to grab these. Other upgrades include clear buttons (I love this) and the buttons actually light up along with the ring and line from the previous model

Take note, Nintendo! These things have basically made me a switch exclusive player, they're a ton of fun.

Maybe I'll get back to my ps5 once they release some games for the drat thing as I do love the dual sense controller. For now switch reigns supreme in my household

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I live inside a giant electromagnet. Should I note use hall effect sticks?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like Paper Mario TTYD but I don't know what if anything they could need to improve it with aside from making the map more magical and give it fast travel powers. My only upgrades that come to mind are making Prince Mush an actual fight you can do in the Glitz Pit and letting you take on more than one trouble request or have them active and letting you go back and say 'Oh I've already done that' and collect your reward Witcher and FF7R style. Does anyone have any ideas?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
2 or 3x turbo makes every RPG ten times better, even if it's just to run across maps more quickly.

I bet it's a game changer for Baten kaitos especially since I always felt that game was a little too slow during battles

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

KingSlime posted:

2 or 3x turbo makes every RPG ten times better, even if it's just to run across maps more quickly.

I bet it's a game changer for Baten kaitos especially since I always felt that game was a little too slow during battles

Agreed, I started playing FF7 on the Switch this week and the 3x speed is a revelation

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Nice, yeah it's turning my FF12 experience into a tight insanely addictive playthrough with absolutely zero downtime.

I can't believe I never played this entry, one of the better FF games imo

The Postman
May 12, 2007

They should add new FX and appearance badges. And maybe some extra Yoshi colors.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

KingSlime posted:

It's honestly not that great for any non-trivial battle in Baten Kaitos because so much of both games' systems require you to pick cards in realtime, so it just reduces the amount of time you have

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

first time i tried 3xing through ff7 i felt like i was committing a sin. like, the churn and leveling up for hours and hours was part of the experience. i think i put in like 300hr into my original save way back when getting all of the extras and what not. ff6 was similar, but it's inherently nowhere near as long.

but then i realized i'm something of an adult and welp.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

So I'm having a day. I have a couple of work tasks which I need to take breaks from as they are driving me crazy and on my last break from it I called Nintendo to investigate something I was curious about.
Backstory: Ordered an OLED switch for Christmas. It was an import from Japan (purchased through Wal-Mart.com) and it worked fine until January or February. I had bought one of these as seen here and once I plugged it in, it wouldn't detect. Tried it on my kid's switch (non-oled) and it worked fine. Updated the firmware. Nothing. RMAd it, new one was the same situation. Then I noticed my switch also didn't recognize it's own ethernet port. Or a USB ethernet. Or any wired controller. If you plug in a pro controller it only recognizes it as wireless (amiibo still work, which it should not). Called Nintendo, they said "hey that switch is from Japan. Where'd you get it" and I said Walmart, sent them the reciept, they authorized the repair, sent me back the switch. About 2 weeks later, I put it back into the retroflag controller and it didnt work again. I just assumed I'd get around to re-repairing it and didn't.

So fast forward to today. I call Nintendo to find out what they did to repair it. Was it just a complete software wipe? Nope. they swapped out the switch for a new one. So he goes through the diagnostics and sends me a new repair authorization. So that is enough of a flag for me (no dad joke intended) and I will never put my switch back into this controller again. I'd advise everyone else to take the same action just to be safe.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mr. Trampoline posted:

It's honestly not that great for any non-trivial battle in Baten Kaitos because so much of both games' systems require you to pick cards in realtime, so it just reduces the amount of time you have

Oh lame I was thinking it would only speed up animations and not your actual time you have to input

I guess if it's an instant toggle you can at least speed up enemy animations

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

otter posted:

So I'm having a day. I have a couple of work tasks which I need to take breaks from as they are driving me crazy and on my last break from it I called Nintendo to investigate something I was curious about.
Backstory: Ordered an OLED switch for Christmas. It was an import from Japan (purchased through Wal-Mart.com) and it worked fine until January or February. I had bought one of these as seen here and once I plugged it in, it wouldn't detect. Tried it on my kid's switch (non-oled) and it worked fine. Updated the firmware. Nothing. RMAd it, new one was the same situation. Then I noticed my switch also didn't recognize it's own ethernet port. Or a USB ethernet. Or any wired controller. If you plug in a pro controller it only recognizes it as wireless (amiibo still work, which it should not). Called Nintendo, they said "hey that switch is from Japan. Where'd you get it" and I said Walmart, sent them the reciept, they authorized the repair, sent me back the switch. About 2 weeks later, I put it back into the retroflag controller and it didnt work again. I just assumed I'd get around to re-repairing it and didn't.

So fast forward to today. I call Nintendo to find out what they did to repair it. Was it just a complete software wipe? Nope. they swapped out the switch for a new one. So he goes through the diagnostics and sends me a new repair authorization. So that is enough of a flag for me (no dad joke intended) and I will never put my switch back into this controller again. I'd advise everyone else to take the same action just to be safe.

Kinda crazy a random controller can do this. I wonder what's loving up.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I don't know exactly. I updated the firmware (which is from January of this year) and it still doesn't work but I'm not willing to put it back into a new switch unless Retroflag personally guarantees me they will cover any cost. I kind of wonder if it for some reason shorts out some kind of controller chip inside the switch. It's interesting in that you can hold the remap button and press another button - and the vibration motor will buzz. it's getting power, it's "working" at some level, but once it was plugged in, it no longer reads wired data of any type but DOES output to hdmi over usbc...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

otter posted:

explains a lot

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

otter posted:

There’s a new all-in-one controller attachment like this that is either really good or has an incredible marketing budget.

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

There’s a new all-in-one controller attachment like this that is either really good or has an incredible marketing budget.

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg

Mine is the purple GameCube variety and it gets here in like, two days. I'm unreasonably excited for a gaming accessory

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want the nyxi big joycon with hall effect sticks and dpad, except, NOT the GameCube controller layout because that is a stupid controller layout and always will be. Give me the good stuff but with a normal pro controller configuration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I want the nyxi big joycon with hall effect sticks and dpad, except, NOT the GameCube controller layout because that is a stupid controller layout and always will be. Give me the good stuff but with a normal pro controller configuration

Yep the CRKD purple GameCube is exactly that