Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta change the name of the thread. With this great news and all.

Rude TaleS of Magic: Oh you'll find out soon, my nasty little freaks😘

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Personal I like, Rude Tales of Magic: Fans are wrong, none of you are free from sin

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Hot Roddy is a legend and also sucks

which is why I love him

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, there's only have a few more episodes left to die for Hot Roddy

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Happy Landfill posted:

Hot Roddy is a legend and also sucks

which is why I love him
:emptyquote:

I wonder if they're going to do something else set in Cordelia, maybe at a different time like Come at the King?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

:emptyquote:

I wonder if they're going to do something else set in Cordelia, maybe at a different time like Come at the King?

This would make sense to me - Branson seems to have a good grasp of the world (or it's the only thing that makes sense for his weird brain). They've only explored a little bit, too, I feel like?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

koshmar posted:

Personal I like, Rude Tales of Magic: Fans are wrong, none of you are free from sin

I refuse to believe anyone dislikes Hot Roddy, every time I hear that voice I know something hilarious is about to happen.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Big Mac posted:

This would make sense to me - Branson seems to have a good grasp of the world (or it's the only thing that makes sense for his weird brain). They've only explored a little bit, too, I feel like?

Branson has said Cordelia is a first draft of the world, maybe they'll go to the second draft?

I was kind of concerned when they posted that they recorded the last episode, this group is very entertaining. Glad they're keeping it going.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wanted to yell "just kiss already" but then the foot thing happened and that took care of that

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Boy that is something sans context

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

My body is fully prepared for The Hot Roddy Files

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Mac posted:

My body is fully prepared for The Hot Roddy Files

I will pay money to hear that.

So, Stirfry is a guardian angel now, huh? Yeah, that little girl is gonna die.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Spoiler tags please, it only came out today.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've seen Hellova Boss, that'll just send Stirfry to hell!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Last half of the ep was excellent. First half was, too, but that last half was something else

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Holy poo poo Branson's absolutely incredible description of Looney Tunes hell needs to win a fuckin Pulitzer Prize. Hell, a Nobel Prize. gently caress!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, I think this episode had some of the best writing...which is saying a lot because there's a lot of great writing in this show

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder how long he spent writing that last part. If it was off the cuff he should probably be institutionalized for his and society’s safety.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

VoidBurger posted:

Holy poo poo Branson's absolutely incredible description of Looney Tunes hell needs to win a fuckin Pulitzer Prize. Hell, a Nobel Prize. gently caress!!

I love the clapping and Carly's excited "Branson!" at the end of that. It also really reminds me how bad I want there to be a Cuphead 2 with Branson involved somehow.

As for the end of the latest episode, I wonder if/how Stirfry is going to gently caress up so hard and end up in Hell with the rest of the gang.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 21, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Hot Roddy Files when

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
im always surprised to hear branson talk about the fan reaction to hot roddy bc hes one of my favorite characters in anything ever

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Branson's goblin names consistently cause psychic damage and I love it

RandomPauI posted:

I wanted to yell "just kiss already" but then the foot thing happened and that took care of that

I watched Talk To Me and listened to Rude Tales back to back tonight and man this quote can apply to literally both things

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 21, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Mods, please change my name to Coital Embrace

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In one of the rude talks, Chris teased that he had a character arc planned for debonesby, and I wonder how much of the plan included any of this

That might be a good question for the next one actually

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hot Roddy is the second best character in the show, and it's only because of the existence of Chaste Tools, the polyamorous ship captain who begs the party on his bending knees for just an ounce of sympathy so they don't kill him and he can safely return home to his many wives who are named Marvella, Symphony, Sympathy, Sophie Choice, The Incredible Diana, Pathy, Cowfabrow, Werewolfica, History Knower, The Rachel, Dutaba, Forks, Knives, and Baby Jessica who is not a literal baby.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I would listen to a weekly show of Branson just naming characters. You could have Taylor guest because Carboat Bin Laden still kills me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

I would listen to a weekly show of Branson just naming characters. You could have Taylor guest because Carboat Bin Laden still kills me.

We have that already, it's called Rude Tales of Magic and it's pretty good. They aren't great about the weekly part but them's art for ya.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would listen to a weekly podcast of Branson describing things

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Caldwell is such a nice contrast to Tim Platt.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I want a WolfHead Orb wife :sigh:

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

I want a WolfHead Orb wife :sigh:

get in line, buddy

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
How many characters has Branson done that fake-Scandinavian accent for? I'm sure it's from an old cartoon but I can't place it.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Omnomnomnivore posted:

How many characters has Branson done that fake-Scandinavian accent for? I'm sure it's from an old cartoon but I can't place it.

Rocky and Bullwinkle shorts, maybe?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was going to say Ren and Stimpy, but I just watched the episode on YouTube to check and it didn't sound very much like that at all and also holy poo poo is it less funny than remembered

I based my entire personality around this garbage in grade 6

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It could be Sven from Sheep in the Big City

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm catching up on some oh these thoses, and I enjoy Carly and Ali's dynamic whenever they're together.

Ali: "Her name is Lestercheth Melderfeld"

Carly: *somewhat sternly* "Ali..."

E: haven’t listened to the new one yet but hell yeah https://x.com/jplepore/status/1712476000377028918?s=46&t=zLXh-Sjo2XE-h19N0o-1-Q

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 12, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I want to know how long Branson's been sitting on Anti-Claus

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Someone in the Discord pointed out that Stirfry is the guardian angel of a previously recurring major character in this arc and it flew WAY over my head somehow, haha.

It's Virginia the Witch Hunter, 50ish years ago! Wow! I thought they were saying Jenny this whole time, sheesh!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2s3rgwr9W1s6p69d_720.mp4

Tim Platt is Stir Fry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Huge shoutout to resident Rude Tales pervert Voidburger on the release of Skulltenders! I absolutely recommend it for Rude Tales fans. I've even got a couple coworkers listening to it already.

https://x.com/bransonreese/status/1717261869248139583?s=20