Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
Who to drop dalvin cook for Kyren Williams or Jerome Ford?
Other RBs are Aaron Jones, Kenneth Walker, and Kamara. I'd grab em both but can only have 4 rbs rostered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
drat that hit looks bad. And all my trade talks kind of went out the window with Chubb hurt like that. I wasn't trying for Chubb himself, but the person who has Chubb and was involved in my trade can't really lose another RB thanks to that hit. Guess I should just be happy with what I've got.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

CraigSlice posted:

Who to drop dalvin cook for Kyren Williams or Jerome Ford?
Other RBs are Aaron Jones, Kenneth Walker, and Kamara. I'd grab em both but can only have 4 rbs rostered

Kyren Williams just dropped major points against a tough 49ers D and looks like being RB1 rest of way for an offense that's looking pretty high powered even before Kupp gets healthy. If he's even available, I think that's the claim.

Ford hit last night but I think the Browns are more likely to go and bring in a free agent that could eat into snaps. I've prioritised Zack Moss over Ford this week.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Anti-Hero posted:

I drafted Chubb but luckily Mostert and Rachaad White as bench stashes, so I’m feeling ok. Ford was gone the second Chubb was injured.

People really shouldn’t play in waiver leagues for exactly this reason. FAAB or bust

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I've been going back and forth on Allgeier, benched week 1, started week 2, and now I'm going to try to drop him and claim either Williams or Ford off waivers. I prioritized Williams, but I think either one will be better. I think Allgeier just had a fluke week 1 and is going to be on the back burner for the rest of the season. Debated about trying to trade him to the guy who had Chubb, but I doubt he'd bite, and I'd rather just try to get Williams anyway.

My team is getting full of middle of the road RBs, so if both of my waiver claims fall through, I'll see if I can package a couple guys to someone really in need and try and make an upgrade somewhere.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm with you on Allgeier. Maybe not *as* down on him. But this is looking like one of those frustrating fantasy deals where for whatever reason he goes off on your bench then nothing when you start him.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

I've been going back and forth on Allgeier, benched week 1, started week 2, and now I'm going to try to drop him and claim either Williams or Ford off waivers. I prioritized Williams, but I think either one will be better. I think Allgeier just had a fluke week 1 and is going to be on the back burner for the rest of the season. Debated about trying to trade him to the guy who had Chubb, but I doubt he'd bite, and I'd rather just try to get Williams anyway.

My team is getting full of middle of the road RBs, so if both of my waiver claims fall through, I'll see if I can package a couple guys to someone really in need and try and make an upgrade somewhere.

You should absolutely not be dropping Allgeier. There's gotta be someone worse on your roster that you can drop instead. What does your roster look like?

Allgeier is probably the best RB insurance policy you can have right now, especially at this point in the season.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 19, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Gearman posted:

You should absolutely not be dropping Allgeier. There's gotta be someone worse on your roster that you can drop instead. What does your roster look like?

Allgeier is probably the best RB insurance policy you can have right now, especially at this point in the season.

Here is who I have:

QB - Tua, Burrow
RB - Walker III, Rhamondre Stevenson, Swift, Zack Moss, Allgeier
WR - Lamb, Olave, McLaurin, Sutton, Jakobi Meyers (on IR)
TE - Kelce, Engram

I guess I could look at dropping Sutton or McLaurin instead, but I figured I was dropping one of those once Meyers comes off the IR. I felt like a lot of my other RBs had more upside, but I get your point that if Bijan goes down then Allgeier will get a ton of carries.

I should probably just drop Engram, I was just still nervous about Kelce's knee. There's some good enough replacements at TE if Kelce goes down.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Need to prioritize a few RBs

Ford
Breida
Reynolds
Vaughn
Dalvin Cook

look right? Not starting any of them but I need to shore up my bench, Zach moss, Kyren are long gone

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I have absolutely no idea who to try and get at RB at this point. This season has been rough on RB's. I'm last on waivers so there is 0 chance I can get Jerome Ford. I'm probably just gonna let it ride and see if someone with a really bad QB slot decides wants to make an offer for Daniel Jones. I'm happy with my WR roster at least. I'm not happy with how I played them. With the exception of CeeDee Lamb, my benched receivers scored more than my played ones. Aiyuk didn't practice yesterday, but I bet he still plays this weekend. I'm probably still gonna bench him and run Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb and Amari Cooper though. I can only guess that Cleveland uses him a bit more now that Chubbs is out.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I should probably just drop Engram

Yup

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Here is who I have:

QB - Tua, Burrow
RB - Walker III, Rhamondre Stevenson, Swift, Zack Moss, Allgeier
WR - Lamb, Olave, McLaurin, Sutton, Jakobi Meyers (on IR)
TE - Kelce, Engram

I guess I could look at dropping Sutton or McLaurin instead, but I figured I was dropping one of those once Meyers comes off the IR. I felt like a lot of my other RBs had more upside, but I get your point that if Bijan goes down then Allgeier will get a ton of carries.

I should probably just drop Engram, I was just still nervous about Kelce's knee. There's some good enough replacements at TE if Kelce goes down.

You almost never need to roster two TEs. Drop Engram for now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gearman posted:

You almost never need to roster two TEs. Drop Engram for now.

Agreed. You could try to trade him cause there are some Engram stans out there but the Jags look kinda poo poo so far (which is not great for my investments in them!) and from what you said there’s adequate dudes on waivers so that’s probably a dead end

But yeah you really don’t need 2 TEs and especially not with Kelce

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea, I switched it out to drop Engram instead, and yahoo made me take Meyers off the IR before I could do it, bastards.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Engram is actually the #3 scoring TE in my leagues

I mean, granted, that was with kelce and andrews not playing week 1. But he's top 10 TE easy. Which...isnt saying much with how much of a wasteland that position is outside the top 3 guys. So yeah he's not worth much of anything trade wise. But just sayin, he's not completely worthless.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Trade Kelce instead :getin:

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Wondering who of my flyers I could drop for any waivers I'm able to get. It's a 3WR keeper league so I got some rookies in the draft. I'll include the round I'd keep them in next year if that came around.

Tyjae Spears - 13
Mingo - 13
Treylon Burks - 9
Rashid Shaheed - 7
Mims - 12

Was thinking it would be Shaheed. Going to try and get Ford (maybe 40-60 FAAB?). Probably get Tank Dell back too since I drafted and dropped before the season started since I needed a Kicker.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Losing Chubb last night was brutal, football aside I hope the dude is okay.

Guy in my league who sniped Addison right before me knows I want him and just sent an awful trade.

Send: AJ Brown
Receive: Addison, Pickens

Only reason I considered countering is because this is a keeper league and AJB can’t be kept. I also still have Tyreek (can be kept), other WRs are MT, Doubs, Zay Jones. At RB I have Pollard and now Conner will now assume RB2 duties, so I was thinking of countering with

Receive: Addison, Pierce

I’m way underselling AJB and overbuying Addison here, right? I’m stressing out after losing Chubb and just trying to figure out RB2 options.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Should I bench Mattison? He was below expectations week 1 and utterly impotent last Thursday. Mattison and Conner have been my two starter RBs the last two weeks, Rachaad White in flex. Thinking about putting White in as RB2 and bringing up Swift for Flex.

I also have Christian Kirk and Drake London on my bench, maybe Kirk in at Flex instead of Swift?

.5 PPR, keep forgetting there's different rules for different leagues.

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 19, 2023

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Whoreson Welles posted:

Losing Chubb last night was brutal, football aside I hope the dude is okay.

Guy in my league who sniped Addison right before me knows I want him and just sent an awful trade.

Receive: Addison, Pickens

Only reason I considered countering is because this is a keeper league and AJB can’t be kept. I also still have Tyreek (can be kept), other WRs are MT, Doubs, Zay Jones. At RB I have Pollard and now Conner will now assume RB2 duties, so I was thinking of countering with

Receive: Addison, Pierce

I’m way underselling AJB and overbuying Addison here, right? I’m stressing out after losing Chubb and just trying to figure out RB2 options.

You're selling way too low on AJB and Pierce stinks. He's not the answer you're looking for.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Should I bench Mattison? He was below expectations week 1 and utterly impotent last Thursday. Mattison and Conner have been my two starter RBs the last two weeks, Rachaad White in flex. Thinking about putting White in as RB2 and bringing up Swift for Flex.

I also have Christian Kirk and Drake London on my bench, maybe Kirk in at Flex instead of Swift?

Hey I have the same 3 RBs, but also Aaron Jones. I'm hoping he's back and I'll sit Mattison sadly. Was an 8th round keeper and thought I could hit the jackpot. Double sad since I'm a Vikings fan.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Gobias Ind. posted:

You're selling way too low on AJB and Pierce stinks. He's not the answer you're looking for.

Thanks, I just needed to hear it from someone else. Alternative is I can try to get Addison, JT from him but that still puts me at a disadvantage for two weeks. I just gotta have faith in the Conn-man I guess.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have Mattison in literally all of my leagues and I'm certainly not happy about it. I somehow got end of the first round picks in every single league and kept getting locked out of all the early good RBs. He was so tempting sitting there in the 4th or 5th round as an unquestioned lead back in an offense that scores a lot. Turns out he was sitting there cause he sucks rear end!

I'm going to have to bid a really obnoxious amount on Jerome Ford

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I traded Mattison for Jeudy, but then Saquon died. Also on that team Kamara is out another game and Dobbins died. So I've got to start 2 of Warren/Dillon/Justice Hill lol

I have regrets.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Hey guys, it’s me. I’m the jerkoff that scooped Ford up as soon as I saw Chubb’s knee bend backwards and Kyren Williams once Cam Akers was benched.

I might try to swap one or both for another qb in my super flex league to replace Carr. Would Jordan Love be a decent target? Or maybe sit a a week and see if they have another good week and try for someone better?

My other RB’s are Henry, J Cook, Mostert, and Aaron Jones who’s technically still in my IR slot

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Do I really need to spend a bunch of FAAB to go get Matt Breida? I feel like we've done this song and dance before and he wasn't... good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Whoreson Welles posted:

Thanks, I just needed to hear it from someone else. Alternative is I can try to get Addison, JT from him but that still puts me at a disadvantage for two weeks. I just gotta have faith in the Conn-man I guess.

While I agree this trade is not enough for AJB, this feels like the time to bring up this batshit insane post (not for the post content, but the fact that it was even analyzed at this level of depth at all) from a Houston Texans fan re:Pierce

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/16lz09v/texans_fan_perspective_dont_hit_the_panic_button/

tl;dr: Houston's O-Line has been ravaged by bad luck injuries, Week 4/5 should actually show Pierce succeeding at his expected ADP level

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Floofy posted:

Hey guys, it’s me. I’m the jerkoff that scooped Ford up as soon as I saw Chubb’s knee bend backwards and Kyren Williams once Cam Akers was benched.

I might try to swap one or both for another qb in my super flex league to replace Carr. Would Jordan Love be a decent target? Or maybe sit a a week and see if they have another good week and try for someone better?

My other RB’s are Henry, J Cook, Mostert, and Aaron Jones who’s technically still in my IR slot

I'd totally swap Love for Carr.

e: oh whoops I totally misread this as FAAB question not trade. Still though, I'd try to swing it if Love's owner needs an RB.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
What leagues are allowing you to add guys whose games are currently going?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

Bad ones

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
blow a lot of my FAAB on Ford, Y/N?

I have Bijan, Conner and Kamara, which is a pretty shallow situation given the current rate of RB injuries.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t like rostering two QBs but I’m tempted to since Trevor Lawrence hasn’t been amazing. I should just hang onto him and trust the process, right? He’s a great QB in the right system with solid pieces around him.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I have Mattison in literally all of my leagues and I'm certainly not happy about it. I somehow got end of the first round picks in every single league and kept getting locked out of all the early good RBs. He was so tempting sitting there in the 4th or 5th round as an unquestioned lead back in an offense that scores a lot. Turns out he was sitting there cause he sucks rear end!

I'm going to have to bid a really obnoxious amount on Jerome Ford

I'm actually running Mattison this week, but that's because my RB's are all performing about equally (Mattison, Stevenson and Allgeier) and I don't like Stevenson against the Jets defense. That's subject to change obviously. Mattison against the Chargers and Allgeier against the Lions just seems...safer.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Freezer posted:

I have Bijan, Conner and Kamara, which is a pretty shallow situation given the current rate of RB injuries.

I'm seeing lots of 100% posts on Reddit. The Chubb owner in my league always gets so mad about injuries so I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes 100%. I only have 96% left but might do it all. Puka was 61% last week and the guy who had him left him on the bench and lost. He only scored like 57% of his possible points if he had played the right bench guys. I'm thinking people are going to notice the big win Puka was and go all out on Ford.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The next leagues I play in I'm demanding FAAB. It's really a crap shoot trying to pick up people on waivers when injuries are just happening left and right.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Thinking of dropping Kyle Pitts for Zach Ertz unless anyone wants to talk me out of it. I don't even like Pitts, I blame alcohol for this situation I find myself in

Vargo posted:

Do I really need to spend a bunch of FAAB to go get Matt Breida? I feel like we've done this song and dance before and he wasn't... good.

Depends how desperate you are. Saquon is only rumored to be missing like 2-3 weeks so I would not splash out 50% FAAB on a rental. Plus, yeah, Breida isn't actually good. Would only do if you are down really bad at RB already (which is possible! This year is a bloodbath)

Freezer posted:

I would/will, yeah. He played well after Chubb went down and for the moment there's not much behind him. He could be one of the best adds for the rest of the season

Of course the Browns could grief us as usual by just being awful or signing Kareem Hunt or something. But at least in the offseason they seemed perfectly happy with Ford as the backup plan

Poque posted:

I was in one a very long time ago. It sucked! I didn't even realize this was still an option you could choose. Whoever has their phone open at the moment of an injury wins the lottery, cool system

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Thinking of dropping Kyle Pitts for Zach Ertz unless anyone wants to talk me out of it. I don't even like Pitts, I blame alcohol for this situation I find myself in

I'm going against pitts this week so if you drop him he's guaranteed to go off. So i say, stay strong!

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Poque posted:

Only league that had this was my first fantasy league I was in like 15 years ago lol

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I would like to somehow lock players on Yahoo and NFL.com from being dropped once their game starts, like ESPN does. We have multiple people who just churn backups like Ford and wait for injuries. It's lame, and a little bit ghoulish.

#notmad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coronaball posted:

I would like to somehow lock players on Yahoo and NFL.com from being dropped once their game starts, like ESPN does. We have multiple people who just churn backups like Ford and wait for injuries. It's lame, and a little bit ghoulish.

#notmad

I don't think I even realized you could do this in Yahoo :aaa: