Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Like right off the top of my head I can recall multiple times where sun glare hosed over the cowboys on a play in a game, it happens like every loving time when my eagles are there during a sunny day game. I can't loving believe the coaches/receivers haven't revolted over that poo poo (its majority receivers losing the ball in the air).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jones is incredibly evil. Where would you even start with him. He’d make the window bigger to spite you

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
^^^same^^^

Really tells you all you know about Jerry Jones because there's zero reason not to close the curtains in those instances except for sheer arrogance. But even then, I don't know what part of his ego he's stroking because all it does is gently caress up the gameplay, often that of his own team.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Reminder that the crown at Texas Stadium was so extreme that someone laying on opposing sidelines could not see each other. There was a two foot drop from the middle of the field to the sidelines on either side. It was nuts, and I'm not sure if any field today is that high.

I never realized that an NFL field is convex until one time I was working the game and got to stand at midfield. 2 feet sounds like a lot though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody’s opinion on the Commanders changed since the offseason? Or do y’all think they’re frauds who should be 0-2?

For me, Howell is a lot better than I thought. He’s progressing each game and the mistakes he’s making are rookie mistakes that are coachable. I’m cautiously optimistic. The upcoming game against the Bills will probably be where reality sets in. But if we beat them too, then game on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^same^^^

Really tells you all you know about Jerry Jones because there's zero reason not to close the curtains in those instances except for sheer arrogance. But even then, I don't know what part of his ego he's stroking because all it does is gently caress up the gameplay, often that of his own team.

I never realized that an NFL field is convex until one time I was working the game and got to stand at midfield. 2 feet sounds like a lot though.

Two feet of crown is a lot. It was ridiculous.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody’s opinion on the Commanders changed since the offseason? Or do y’all think they’re frauds who should be 0-2?

For me, Howell is a lot better than I thought. He’s progressing each game and the mistakes he’s making are rookie mistakes that are coachable. I’m cautiously optimistic. The upcoming game against the Bills will probably be where reality sets in. But if we beat them too, then game on.

Howell looks way more comfortable in the pocket than I would have guess with out O-line. Run defense and pressure looking nice but our secondary still loves to give up 3rd and longs.

I'm glad we're 2-0, but I think this week will paint a true picture against a good team. If we keep it close, even with a loss, I'll be fine. Just don't want to see a 35-6 blowout.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/09/debate-over-future-of-rfk-stadium-and-dc-football-heats-up/

Definitely a good sign. Still doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, I’m predicting it’s ultimately goes to Virginia. They’ll probably be happy to pony up the cash now with Snyder gone.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 19, 2023

Yudo
May 15, 2003

The area around rfk is much more developed and affluent compared to the 80s and 90s. There will be DC stadium nimby, and to be clear I wouldn't blame residents for a second. The flip side is that the rfk site now serves a decrepit, condemned stadium and is a blot on NE DC. The DC government wants it. Fans want it. It would be a triumph for ownership and a massive "gently caress you" to the Danny.

Real estate in NoVA is some of the most expensive in the US, and there is basically zero chance they could locate a stadium near public transit. The idea of putting a stadium in Loudoun, Prince William or Ashburn and the resulting potential for traffic makes my blood run cold. My hope is that they don't go to the hinterlands of NoVA as it will suck for everyone.

My money is still on Landover, MD. MD is going to invest a ton of money into the Largo corredor, and the commanders already control the site. MD wants them to stay. If they can't get DC or it proves impractical, they should build next to FedEx and move into the new stadium asap.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/09/debate-over-future-of-rfk-stadium-and-dc-football-heats-up/

Definitely a good sign. Still doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, I’m predicting it’s ultimately goes to Virginia. They’ll probably be happy to pony up the cash now with Snyder gone.

Are they really talking about the new stadium being a dome? If so, ew. Don't besmirch the NFCE like that, Washington.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Today I learned rfk stadium is still standing jfc what the gently caress you guys

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Today I learned rfk stadium is still standing jfc what the gently caress you guys

It’s because the United States Federal Government owns the site and it requires and act of Congress to pass it off to the city. Nobody was ever going to do poo poo with this because gently caress You Dan Snyder. It’s only now that poo poo is happening because Dan is gone.

Here’s all you could ever want to know about it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Memorial_Stadium

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

I've watched barely any commander's football this year, but as a general rule, I do not trust quarterbacks whose arms are that buff

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

pro starcraft loser posted:

Howell looks way more comfortable in the pocket than I would have guess with out O-line. Run defense and pressure looking nice but our secondary still loves to give up 3rd and longs.

I'm glad we're 2-0, but I think this week will paint a true picture against a good team. If we keep it close, even with a loss, I'll be fine. Just don't want to see a 35-6 blowout.

I mostly lurk this forum because football isn't my main jam but after living in DC and the mid atlantic for 10 years ago awhile back I kind of have this vague soft spot for hoping WAshington can finally put it together and just be...respectable.

Howell at least looks like a guy who can make plays and maybe get better and be a good starter if things come together, which is a huge step up from their past QBs. But yeah their Oline sucks and somehow their secondary continues to struggle at times despite all the fluff pieces about their talented DBs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If RFK is owned by the Feds, why haven't they knocked it down and built some office buildings?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
those clowns in congress. what a bunch of clowns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

:thurman:

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

indigi posted:

:mods:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

Fitting for the Clownball division.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
NFC East 2023: Everyone's a Clowntender

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Redeye Flight posted:

NFC East 2023: Everyone's a Clowntender

An accurate picture of every NFCE fan

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Lighter posted:

that's true--depending on the season the clown is either holding seltzer water or has a gun pointed at its own head

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If RFK is owned by the Feds, why haven't they knocked it down and built some office buildings?

The land technically falls under the control of the National Park Service, an agency not generally in the buisness of building offices. Regardless, the federal government already had too many office properties, and with remote work the vacancies are a huge problem for DC. If anything they need to sell buildings off.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
This may be the first time since RG3 imploded that there were 15 or so posts in a row about the Washington Football Team. We aren't good yet, but at least we are not being completely ignored by you eagles/giants/scumbagteamfromdallas posters anymore. I think I'm going to cry...

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Baby steps!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Black Lighter posted:

Someone with photoshop needs to change the clown's outfit to the four different team color schemes.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone with photoshop needs to change the clown's outfit to the four different team color schemes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:drat:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

:perfect:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can’t be hosed to google it, did he ever get a job?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

:eyepop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

No he's still waiting :rubby:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hahaha

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:perfect:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:captainpop:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cartoon Man posted:

Carson going to the Jets would be a perfect scenario. Dipshit QB going to a garbage franchise to close his career.

Still, I have to think he's better than Zach Wilson so why the gently caress not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Locker room led by two QBs that are absolutely hated by their teammates