Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Tim Scott’s girlfriend (originally titled "Why do we care whether Republican candidate Tim Scott has a girlfriend?")

An oppo campaign appears to be trying to spread media attention on the fact that Tim Scott is famously a bachelor, celibate and, until relatively recently, a virgin. This is in the added context of a much more intense and similar rumor mill around fellow SC Senator Lindsey Graham, who "everyone knows" is gay. Scott doesn't have the same sort of reputation and attributes his status to his taking his christianity and morality seriously. The oppo campaign is likely trying to generate a similar scandalous/dishonest aura around Scott.

Are voters ready for a presidential candidate with a girlfriend who lives in Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
What is it about South Carolina that means it has the two bachelor senators?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have decided to dramatically improve the quality of this thread by taking a picture of every piece of mail I get for the New Hampshire primary and posting it here so you all can suffer with me. Here is what I've collected so far this month. If there is any interest, I will start taking pictures of both sides.

Also, I have no idea who Doug Burgum is or what he is running for, but he's a new leader or something...

daslog fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 19, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I know that it is basically the #1 or #2 issue nationwide for Republican voters, but it is still a little funny that there is so much focus on the Mexican border in New Hampshire.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

daslog posted:

I have decided to dramatically improve the quality of this thread by taking a picture of every piece of mail I get for the New Hampshire primary and posting it here so you all can suffer with me.

These are great, keep it up. I'm glad Nikki Haley, according to the literal meaning of her flier, has a plan to China

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

That's an odd choice for Nikki Haley to say Biden is making Americans more prosperous

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

These are great, keep it up. I'm glad Nikki Haley, according to the literal meaning of her flier, has a plan to China

You cannot strike out the words “strike out”!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

smackfu posted:

You cannot strike out the words “strike out”!

Yeah, that's what got me too.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Maybe she meant to underline "strike out" and now no one knows.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

a plan to china

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

I'm don't get it - why is Haley talking about China in NH? What's the significance?

Also, "woke is what we used to do in the morning" guy sounds like a dum dum.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus, read an e-book why don'tcha?

Bergham is the guy who helped start Great Plains Software, an early ERP accounting solution. They built a big building on the edge of Fargo. Tue company was eventually taken-over by Microsoft and Great Plains Software became Dynamics GP. The building was expanded into what became the Microsoft Fargo Campus.

Newspaper clippings of the Great Plains years are still up to this day in a hallway going out to the smoking area.

Try the portobello burger from the grill.

Ed. Oh, and he was Governor of North Dakota. But everyone rich in NoDak grts a chance at that spot, so that's no big reach.

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 20, 2023

Fell Fire
Jan 30, 2012

SpeakSlow posted:

Jesus, read an e-book why don'tcha?

Bergham is the guy who helped start Great Plains Software, an early ERP accounting solution. They built a big building on the edge of Fargo. Tue company was eventually taken-over by Microsoft and Great Plains Software became Dynamics GP. The building was expanded into what became the Microsoft Fargo Campus.

Newspaper clippings of the Great Plains years are still up to this day in a hallway going out to the smoking area.

Try the portobello burger from the grill.

Ed. Oh, and he was Governor of North Dakota. But everyone rich in NoDak grts a chance at that spot, so that's no big reach.

He still is the governor. Although I've heard a few complaints about him running instead of serving. For the life of me I can't think why anyone would know of him. I'm from Fargo and barely recognized his name.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Today's mail has another Nikki Haley mailer and an anti-Joe Biden mailer from some random PAC

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

daslog posted:

Today's mail has another Nikki Haley mailer and an anti-Joe Biden mailer from some random PAC

I'd hate to be one of all those American farmers who have to live their lives under direct control of Communist China.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I'm a little disappointed - I'm also in New Hampshire, but the closest I've come to the primary circus has been working on a dock adjacent to where Vivek Ramaswamy was giving a speech to a boatload of Republican donors. No mailers. Maybe the fact that my roommates and I are all registered Dems is influencing the spam?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Timmy Age 6 posted:

I'm a little disappointed - I'm also in New Hampshire, but the closest I've come to the primary circus has been working on a dock adjacent to where Vivek Ramaswamy was giving a speech to a boatload of Republican donors. No mailers. Maybe the fact that my roommates and I are all registered Dems is influencing the spam?

It's not all fun and games. There can be severe material and mental costs.

Barack Obama destroyed my very nice umbrella 16 years ago.

I was walking through a park to go to a meeting. I always walk through this park on my way to this side of town.

But, Obama was giving a speech there and the Secret Service wouldn't let me into the park because my umbrella was spring-loaded. He had just made it big onto the national scene and was getting Secret Service protection really early in the process. So, I had to either leave the park and pay money for a cab to get to the meeting in time or watch the Secret Service Officer destroy my beloved umbrella.

That was when I lost my faith in democracy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the real treasures are those $300 ipads from Jeb's superPAC that only played The Story Of Jeb that were handed out in NH in late 2015

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The next batch of mail came in and my wife is wondering why I'm suddenly taking pictures of junk mail. I'm starting to see a pattern here; Niki Haley has a PAC that seems to be banking on a good NH showing, and there is another PAC that wants to convince voters that anyone is better than Trump because he can't win the General. Or it just could be parasitic consultants bilking rich donors out of their money via overpriced mailers.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Morrow posted:

What is it about South Carolina that means it has the two bachelor senators?

It's a little too "we are all just living in a lazy AI-generated satire" that the OG secessionist state of true blood red rubies would have two gay Republican senators, with one taking the trouble to find a phantom beard the moment he decides to run for president.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Name Change posted:

It's a little too "we are all just living in a lazy AI-generated satire" that the OG secessionist state of true blood red rubies would have two gay Republican senators, with one taking the trouble to find a phantom beard the moment he decides to run for president.

...phantom beard?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fuschia tude posted:

...phantom beard?

Beard's a slang term for a woman who poses as a gay mans gf/wife to put up a convincing cover that the guy is heteronormative. In this case the phantom is Tim Scott claiming he has a gf but nobody being able to confirm that.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
There are no women in the SC GOP who are willing to pretend to be Scott's girlfriend?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

DeSantis in fifth place in new CNN poll of NH, although he is essentially tied with a gaggle of others:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/20/politics/cnn-poll-new-hampshire/index.html

quote:

Former President Donald Trump holds a sizable lead in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination in New Hampshire, but a close contest for second place has emerged among four candidates seeking to gain traction as an alternative to the front-runner, according to a new CNN/University of New Hampshire poll.

Overall, Trump is the first choice of 39% of likely GOP primary voters in the first-in-the-nation primary state. That lags a bit behind his performance nationally, where Republican primary polling routinely finds Trump with majority support.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who stood out as Trump’s chief rival in the last UNH survey on the New Hampshire race in July, has dropped 13 points since then to 10% support. He’s now running about even against three rising candidates: tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy (13%), former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (12%) and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (11%). South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott is at 6% support in the poll and former Vice President Mike Pence holds 2%. No other candidate tops 1%.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

The X-man cometh posted:

There are no women in the SC GOP who are willing to pretend to be Scott's girlfriend?

This is unlikely because unlike Graham, Scott is well-liked and popular within the state party and it’s backers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they have too much respect for him to live a lie

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Haley’s running a really aggressive campaign apparently. We got some ads for her before going on vacation and this nobody fuckin runs ads in Louisiana

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

daslog posted:

The next batch of mail came in and my wife is wondering why I'm suddenly taking pictures of junk mail. I'm starting to see a pattern here; Niki Haley has a PAC that seems to be banking on a good NH showing, and there is another PAC that wants to convince voters that anyone is better than Trump because he can't win the General. Or it just could be parasitic consultants bilking rich donors out of their money via overpriced mailers.

The first group is Americans for Prosperity

Erick Erickson is on the advisory council with a bunch of FL people and the president is a Koch brothers employee.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
All eyes on the very important GOP debate tonight...right everyone....right?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Old Surly posted:

All eyes on the very important GOP debate tonight...right everyone....right?

I'm watching it.

DRILL, FRACK, BURN COAL!!!!!

cats
May 11, 2009
I think they dialed in Vivek's uppers a bit tonight, but he is compensating well with increased volume.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
both Chris Christie and Ron DeSantis straiight up calling out Trump for not showing up to the debate to answer questions. And getting alot of applause for saying that.

The knives are out!!!

But wholly ineffective because Donald is not here to be stabbed, and also nobody is watching this debate

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I do not like Mr. Vivek, in fact I dislike him more than anyone else on this stage

cats
May 11, 2009
For someone who's all about decooooorum, none of these people are capable of following the rules of the debate. Props to the eyebrows guy who knows he doesn't have a chance yet shoehorns himself in on every other question. Would love it if someone at Fox had the balls to cut their mics at least once.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Christ, Vivek sounds like a psychopath about children

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

I do not like Mr. Vivek, in fact I dislike him more than anyone else on this stage

Good God he is a loud smug rear end in a top hat.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

As focus tested nickname insult lines go, "Donald Duck" is fairly good.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Pence was asked about Obamacare, and now he's rambling on about a federal death penalty for spree shooters? "Does that mean Obamacare is here to stay?" *laughtrack*

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

DeSantis 'I'll send the US military into Mexico to solve drugs', which most would consider an "invasion" but perhaps we'll go with "special military operation"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The old white dude whose name escapes me just said "in 2008, under Obama", this is really bringing back the old hits isn't it

Pro-tip old white dude: Obama was sworn in in 2009

Oh Jesus Christ, Ronnie footage :eng99: