Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

you like red hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
red hair is ftw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finished bomb rush cyberfunk. it was okay but i am pretty heavily disappointed with a lot about it, it fixes a few things about jet set radio future but otherwise has all of the same problems, sometimes even amplifying them pretty badly, and despite taking a more story heavy direction the story is... honestly way worse than either jet set radio game. way more thematically confused and for its heavier character focus really lacks any actual characters and the main villain kind of sucks a lot. the bad guy of jet set radio was never a complex character but it's more inherently fun to take down an evil rich guy than, a guy who is just sort of a dick for petty reasons they explain five seconds before you kill him and weirdly gives the whole police force a pass on being evil by being used as a plot excuse for why they're evil instead of them just uh, being evil because it's jet set radio and the cops are supposed to suck. this is the first time i've ever seen a jet set radio-type game portray its major cop character in a sympathetic way and it's kind of surreal. also tries way too hard to be dark and violent sometimes and it always comes off really stupid

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 19, 2023

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
otoh it was incredibly funny to have the main villain appear in a giant death robot (recycled from an earlier boss fight with zero changes) saying "I HAVE LEARNED THAT ART IS WAR"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Look I get Char/Amuro especially if you go with a three way with Lalah but its not on the same level as Garma/Char

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Megamissen posted:

you like red hair

it's true, I love red haired ladies

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/TokeruIC/status/1704119825084395645

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Colonel posted:

finished bomb rush cyberfunk. it was okay but i am pretty heavily disappointed with a lot about it, it fixes a few things about jet set radio future but otherwise has all of the same problems, sometimes even amplifying them pretty badly, and despite taking a more story heavy direction the story is... honestly way worse than either jet set radio game. way more thematically confused and for its heavier character focus really lacks any actual characters and the main villain kind of sucks a lot. the bad guy of jet set radio was never a complex character but it's more inherently fun to take down an evil rich guy than, a guy who is just sort of a dick for petty reasons they explain five seconds before you kill him and weirdly gives the whole police force a pass on being evil by being used as a plot excuse for why they're evil instead of them just uh, being evil because it's jet set radio and the cops are supposed to suck. this is the first time i've ever seen a jet set radio-type game portray its major cop character in a sympathetic way and it's kind of surreal. also tries way too hard to be dark and violent sometimes and it always comes off really stupid

The biggest thing I remember about JSR is spending hours upon hours completing the last few missions, where each area is finally rendered as big gigantic maps and I had to seek out the big murals to complete first before just doing the small and medium ones real fast.

Mew was the best because of her incredible paint capacity and overall style.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I seem to remember Evangelion having more robot fights

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I seem to remember Evangelion having more robot fights

jet alone is only in one episode bro

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He mother never really love him.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

badass

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just realized this week is the perfect time to start the challenge because How Do You Live comes out in 12 weeks and it's his 12th movie. One a week.

You could make a thread out of this.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 19, 2023

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Work today has obliterated any desire I may have held to be a person and not semi-conscious sludge

New priority tasks have also been created for after work, which I must do rather than lay in bed and groan for 3 hours

My commitment to writing about women's hairstyles in gundam thunderbolt today is wavering, however, for now it remains intact

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized this week is the perfect time to start the challenge because Boy and the Heron comes out in 12 weeks and it's his 12th movie. One a week.

hell, i will

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I just realized this week is the perfect time to start the challenge because Boy and the Heron comes out in 12 weeks and it's his 12th movie. One a week.

thats not what the film is called

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im going to kick your rear end

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

Work today has obliterated any desire I may have held to be a person and not semi-conscious sludge

New priority tasks have also been created for after work, which I must do rather than lay in bed and groan for 3 hours

My commitment to writing about women's hairstyles in gundam thunderbolt today is wavering, however, for now it remains intact

please feel no obligation. however, if you'd like, a sense of challenge and adventure in writing about women's hairstyles is out there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes, pardon me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Even Daisuke Ono is taller than me...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i made the thread. lets all get in a big pillow fight about which miyazaki movies are best

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the only miyazaki im particularly fond of is castle of cagliostro. the rest are fine. though i havent seen ponyo or the new one

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Even Daisuke Ono is taller than me...

looked this up and they're 5'9" which is pretty much average for male height even in America. 5'4" is average for a woman, so you're probably fine

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ohtori Akio posted:

i made the thread. lets all get in a big pillow fight about which miyazaki movies are best

I have never seen one

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
noooooooooo
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1704220066194116670

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

verbal enema posted:

I have never seen one

sounds like the perfect thread for you then

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Stairmaster posted:

thats not what the film is called

Nerd

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if youre watching the miyazaki canon you should also watch the film thats extremely mad about the miyazaki canon, one piece and the island of baron omatsuri

especially if youre a big fan of howl. it exists because hosoda was originally going to direct howl's moving castle but he and miyazaki kept disagreeing on it. according to hosoda despite miyazaki saying his ideas were terrible some of them still made it into the final script. so omatsuri is about an old guy who refuses to move on from the past and steals the dreams of the youth in order to feed an unfeeling, abstract monster. the animations also really cool. its one of my favorite anime movies.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is the anime forum and i have been reliably informed that miyazaki is not anime. off topic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i joke about the miyazaki connections/themes but also baron omatsuri is just a fun adventure movie with a lot of goofy comedy in the first half and a lot of incredibly cool shots in the second half

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Endorph posted:

if youre watching the miyazaki canon you should also watch the film thats extremely mad about the miyazaki canon, one piece and the island of baron omatsuri

especially if youre a big fan of howl. it exists because hosoda was originally going to direct howl's moving castle but he and miyazaki kept disagreeing on it. according to hosoda despite miyazaki saying his ideas were terrible some of them still made it into the final script. so omatsuri is about an old guy who refuses to move on from the past and steals the dreams of the youth in order to feed an unfeeling, abstract monster. the animations also really cool. its one of my favorite anime movies.

oh that sounds like a good time

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is the anime forum and i have been reliably informed that miyazaki is not anime. off topic

perish, troll

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

oh that sounds like a good time
highly recommend it, even in a vacuum its just a cool one piece movie but its got meat on the bones thematics wise unlike most of the others

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
do i have to watch zero piece first will i be lost

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
if you know that there are some friends on a boat and some of them have magic powers that's probably enough to watch the movie.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

looked this up and they're 5'9" which is pretty much average for male height even in America. 5'4" is average for a woman, so you're probably fine

gender is complicated...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i read some one piece in shonen jump a long time ago. i remember santoryu and big freakign titties. so its got a warm place in my heart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

do i have to watch zero piece first will i be lost
lol

nah you dont really need to know anything about One Piece Lore other than theres a goofy group of pirates that go on adventures. its all poking on the basic themes of the series not really specific plot points, so 'a group of guys that travel the sea together probably mean a lot to each other' can be inferred

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

lmao I had no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How am I supposed to know if it's a Hosoda movie if nobody dives into the Internet ti save the day?