Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

AngryBooch posted:

What's special about Vivien's or Ajani's stack of pancakes?

I'm so sick of Selesnya being underpowered bro.

Cubes could really use some good cards in selesnya, it is dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

uggy posted:

Cubes could really use some good cards in selesnya, it is dire

Don't get me started on how many times I've seen Knight of Autumn go around the table on a Cube night. What, I'm going to get into WG because of a dang Rec Sage / worse Loran? Come on man.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sickening posted:

Spend a few moments thinking "which company reached out to the other" and then decide which one is more bizarre.

They had the gideon pizza pockets a while ago too, i think some marketing exec at wotc is just throwing poo poo at the wall

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Aphrodite posted:

2 of them are dead.

I can't believe the breakfast doesn't respect continuity.

None of those characters are dead :confused:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

IHOP is open 24 hours so it makes perfect sense to go there after FNM, strong synergy

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Why does Ajani get a taller stack than the other walkers?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

AngryBooch posted:

What's special about Vivien's or Ajani's stack of pancakes?

I'm so sick of Selesnya being underpowered bro.

Vivien's should be you get one giant rear end pancake

Ajani you get a huge pile of tiny pancakes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silhouette posted:

None of those characters are dead :confused:

Jace is*, but apparently they undid Ajani? Lame.

blitzkreig.bmp
Aug 7, 2008

Rottin' and Rollin'

Whooping Crabs posted:

With many many little berries

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Tap your mana, huh.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I get that you’re all upset with me for insisting we move our weekly Magic night to the IHOP, but that’s no reason to blame me for knocking this syrupy stack onto your Orcish Bowmasters.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

TotalHell posted:

Tap your mana, huh.

lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm switching my hunger to attack mode for those pancakes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HootTheOwl posted:

Syrup on the Stack

Of pancakes

Syrup hasn't used the stack since M11.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Vivien's should be you get one giant rear end pancake

If I could get one of those big souffle pancakes at IHOP that would own

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still remember the Horton Hears A Who pancakes at Ihop. It came with a drink that was just a sprite with jello cubes in it. It wasn't good but I'd probably buy it again, don't want Dr Seuss going hungry

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Any goons going to be in Vegas? Come say hi and get some stickers from me, YOUR Commander Mechanic!

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Aphrodite posted:

Jace isn't dead he is just missing, and Ajani was never dead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah Melira died to un-compleat Ajani and Nissa

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I don’t give a poo poo about magic tie-ins unless the pancakes or hot pocket or whatever comes with a free card. Ideally inserted inside the food item. But I’d be ok with it served alongside/it being in the box.

If I’m gonna get Jace pancakes I want a Jace card with those pancakes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Balon posted:

Any goons going to be in Vegas? Come say hi and get some stickers from me, YOUR Commander Mechanic!

Man I loving miss going to Vegas. Wish I could make it this year. I'd be down for Ajani pancakes made with yellow cake batter instead of normal pancake batter. Sprinkled liberally with Meow Mix.

Also none of y'all ever played Magic at an iHop in like the smoking section till like four in the morning during high school in the late 90s/ early 00's? Weirdos.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

You go to Perkins for that

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Balon posted:

hoping to go next year :pray:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Kind of wishing I'd put something together to get to Vegas, but besides flights not being great just now and my not being super engaged with the game lately, the Strip is being hosed with in prep for F1 in a couple of months. Hopefully this "proper" MagicFest will be better than the embarrassment of Magic 30 last year.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Aphrodite posted:

He's literally on the teaser image for thunder junction

Saxophone posted:

I don’t give a poo poo about magic tie-ins unless the pancakes or hot pocket or whatever comes with a free card. Ideally inserted inside the food item. But I’d be ok with it served alongside/it being in the box.

If I’m gonna get Jace pancakes I want a Jace card with those pancakes.

WoTC isn't as cool as cards against humanity so they'd never do that :(

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

cowards couldn't even do a green sauce

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Gonna be in US of A in October, I hope to eat at a International House of Pancakes and enjoy the planeswalker pancakes.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Jiro posted:

Man I loving miss going to Vegas. Wish I could make it this year. I'd be down for Ajani pancakes made with yellow cake batter instead of normal pancake batter. Sprinkled liberally with Meow Mix.

Also none of y'all ever played Magic at an iHop in like the smoking section till like four in the morning during high school in the late 90s/ early 00's? Weirdos.

Waffle House but yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
apparently urza's saga has some wild differentiation in saturation. got 2 back to basics in the mail and they are immediately different. didn't know that!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Couldn't even bother to throw some cinnamon on Chandra's stack. loving lazy design.

Jiro posted:

We didn't have IHOP. It was usually either George Webb or the donut shop across the street for me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why didn't Garruk make it in with the rest of the five

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Denny's was the place for angsty teens to sit and smoke after dark in the early aughts in my neck o' the woods. No Magic was played though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If it was a Denny's tie-in they could have done Blood Moons over My Hammy

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Kashuno posted:

I'm guessing so it wouldn't be four white people and a cat.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just assumed Garruck died, I feel like we haven’t seen him in a while.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Kashuno posted:

Garruk has been canceled for his problematic attitude towards women.

blitzkreig.bmp
Aug 7, 2008

Rottin' and Rollin'
Garruk got weird after he started making tiktoks about eating baloth testicles

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

Denny's was the place for angsty teens to sit and smoke after dark in the early aughts in my neck o' the woods. No Magic was played though.

We created our own kind of magic on those humid summer nights. 20 life? No, life in our twenties stretched out before us, an empty road to the possible.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What are the OP decks or Commanders in a format with infinite life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Khanstant posted:

What are the OP decks or Commanders in a format with infinite life?

Anything that wins with Thassa’s Oracle or Brain Freeze. Rog Silas and Tivit are two commanders I’ve been having a lot of fun with recently.