Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I just pulled Something Irreplaceable from the standard banner so I feel like the game is telling me to roll for Jingliu. Which complicates things for me since I’ve been hoarding for Fu Xuan/Lynx and Topaz/Guinafen/Luka. Not sure I can manage all 3 considering I’ve never won a 50/50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

You never know, future content might make her useful again. It's all just baby steps towards having every character fully leveled and traced for swagger

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Swarm made me put more value into status resistance

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
It’s why broken keel is so good in addition to the free crit dmg for your team.

Effect Res is just SO good for your supports.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Dazerbeams posted:

I just pulled Something Irreplaceable from the standard banner so I feel like the game is telling me to roll for Jingliu. Which complicates things for me since I’ve been hoarding for Fu Xuan/Lynx and Topaz/Guinafen/Luka. Not sure I can manage all 3 considering I’ve never won a 50/50.
If it's any consolation, I'm not sure Something Irreplaceable will even be that good for her. Though if you don't have an A Secret Vow, it seems like most of her other options will be truly awful.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I am in the same boat as a lot of people in really liking the next 3 banners. I am definitely pulling for Fu Xuan to bring the mono team home, Lynx is a nice bonus considering the only two healers I have are Nat and Luocha. I'm sitting on about 180 pulls right now, so I know I can get her. From here I like both Jingliu (because she is cool) and Topaz, as my "B Team" is headed up by Clara and Topaz looks fun.

Feels like I can comfortably get 2 out of 3. I have to remember there are 9 more weeks (?) before all is said and done, so I'll be able to reload jade. I suppose I will have to see where I sit after pulling Fu Xuan and see if I want to try for the trifecta.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I’m in a similar boat as well. I have my guarantee that I’m planning to use for Fu and hopefully grab lynx for Blade.

I might still try and go for jingliu just because I do love her design but at this point I have Seele & Blade so if I don’t get her I’m not gonna be too upset.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Luocha is the only character I regret passing on, but honestly I still don't like him as a person.

I just think his anims and the way he plays are really cool

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
yeah Luocha wasn't a flashy or exciting release but he turned out to be hella strong for his role. DPS is kinda dime-a-dozen but those banner supports seem like they're going to be important pickups. Hopefully FX is the same

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Luocha is probably the most quietly powerful character in the game. Very glad I decided to pull for him because he's a total lynchpin of any high-difficulty content team.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, I agree there. I think Luocha is the best character that has been released so far. Pretty much all content in the game is made easier with him.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I regret not going for E1 on him but Luocha has been key to making Blade completely brainless which rules lol.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I am excited that FX seems to be able to solo sustain, I was on the fence for pulling her but she could be what I need to complete MoC. I think I have juuust enough saved so that I could reasonably expect to get her even if I lose a 50/50. Right now my teams are:

Kafka-Luka-Asta-Healer
Blade-QQ-Pela-Healer

with Nat and Luocha, with Luocha going to the team that needs to survive harder. I do hope they get more and more support/sustain 5 stars, things have been very DPS heavy.

That has barely gotten me to 3 stars on the first 8 stages, and then they get killed fast. If FX can be at least 80% as useful as Luocha, then I could have 2 teams with characters that are all fun, cool and effective. Which is pretty satisfying, I can start to look forward to pulling to build different teams for fun, so I'll probably go for Topaz/Guin unless the 1.5 characters look especially compelling. Jingliu is kinda cool but she tortured my #1 boy Blade, which I don't appreciate, and is sorta redundant to my account gameplay wise anyhow.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Those semi-recent changes to the way fuel is stored are so nice. I used to lose significant amounts of fuel due to only logging in once a day, but now I usually don't lose any due to both the 240 cap and the new thing where excess fuel is stored up to a point (I'm not sure if it's 1:1, but it's still better than nothing).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lynx is easily the single most important support for me since Luocha.

At the same time, I still need to finish tracing Pela, SW, Tingyun, Bronya, and Luocha. And I still need to relic grind for the proper stats and sets.

I'm just starting to feel fatigued with it all.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Otto Apocalypse remains best girl and everyone should use Luocha. :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Neither of the 1.4 banner units do it for me design-wise, so I'm safe to save unless they actually do start doing reruns, in which case I'm grabbing Seele.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ytlaya posted:

Those semi-recent changes to the way fuel is stored are so nice. I used to lose significant amounts of fuel due to only logging in once a day, but now I usually don't lose any due to both the 240 cap and the new thing where excess fuel is stored up to a point (I'm not sure if it's 1:1, but it's still better than nothing).

Trailblaze Power regens at 1 every 6 minutes and overcap is 1 every 18 minutes so you're at 33% efficiency (which is infinitely bigger than 0, of course)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kyrosiris posted:

Neither of the 1.4 banner units do it for me design-wise, so I'm safe to save unless they actually do start doing reruns, in which case I'm grabbing Seele.

I believe a Seele rerun was leaked for 1.4 or 1.5. I don't remember which.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Zurai posted:

I'm pretty sure it was 1.4. Which, I think, is a pretty good cadence for reruns, especially given how good all the released characters have been so far.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Walla posted:

Lynx is easily the single most important support for me since Luocha.

At the same time, I still need to finish tracing Pela, SW, Tingyun, Bronya, and Luocha. And I still need to relic grind for the proper stats and sets.

I'm just starting to feel fatigued with it all.

Supports don't really need super invested traces to perform their roles well even in the highest difficulty content. Your DPS underperforming are much more likely to be contributing to a fail state than Luocha being at 7/10 on his skill instead of 10/10.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Went through the thread and I don't think I saw it but, we never did find out anything about those six-phase ice shards in Luofu that were there before March even set foot on the ship did we

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Traveller posted:

Went through the thread and I don't think I saw it but, we never did find out anything about those six-phase ice shards in Luofu that were there before March even set foot on the ship did we
When was that? I only remember a quest where we go through an area with the main party including March first, and there's six-phased ice where we had a fight when we go through the same area with Dan Heng's party later.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Very early on, Dan Heng thinks the shards belong to March when he goes through Cloudford, but you went through with the main party earlier and they were already there. If you examine them you get a small narration that they remind you of someone you know, but otherwise they aren't brought up that I remember

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Traveller posted:

I would imagine that's going to come up during her companion quest which drops tomorrow.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zurai posted:

It makes a lot of sense to have the Seele rerun in 1.4 because it will be launching alongside the PS5 version, so she will again be serving as the first starter 5-star for any of the new adopters on PS5.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kanos posted:

Supports don't really need super invested traces to perform their roles well even in the highest difficulty content. Your DPS underperforming are much more likely to be contributing to a fail state than Luocha being at 7/10 on his skill instead of 10/10.

No, but my Bronya having 4's across the board and Pela having a 5 in her ult does affect my damage. I will get Luocha to 8/8/8, but my offensive supports come first. And then I can do the relic grind.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

how many units are you leveling up that your bronya is still only 4/4/4

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lol just for posterity this is what i mean when i say this site gives you a very skewed view because i'd consider my luck so far to be very firmly 'average' yet it considers me bottom 7%

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

how many units are you leveling up that your bronya is still only 4/4/4

I literally just pulled Bronya last week.

As for who, I only just settled on my teams that I'm happy with. Welt/Tingyun/Bronya/Luocha and Quinque/SW/Pela/Gepard. I have a bunch of half built characters because I was very indecisive for the longest time, as well as 3 completely built DPSes that I became disenchanted with as hyper carries.

Taking another look at their traces: Welt, Quinque, Gepard, Pela, and Tingyun could be considered complete. SW is 99% done, and Bronya and Luocha could use a little more investment for me to be happy with.

Characters that are mostly built: Serval, Dan Heng, Sushang, Asta, Jing Yuan, and Yukong.

Like I said, I've been very indecisive. I'm hoping to get Lynx because I can replace Gepard. I've found in practice that I prefer healing over shields. If I don't get her, I'll just build Nat instead.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Honestly, it was getting Pela and Bronya that settled my teams for me. And I got both in the last 3 weeks or so.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

Luocha is the only character I regret passing on, but honestly I still don't like him as a person.

I just think his anims and the way he plays are really cool

At the time, I was fine passing on both Luocha and Blade because I didn't like either of their trials, but getting to use them during that mining event was when I went "well, gently caress, these assholes are actually fun to use!"

At least for me, getting to use a trial character during an event goes a long way towards making me want to pull for them since I can use them for more than the one single combat encounter Hoyo gives you during their banner and get a better idea on if I want them or not

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Himeko's trial is only one that made me go "woo, this is fun!" but also she sucks, so

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Walla posted:

All these people posting about bad luck still have some of the best characters. Where's the person with the Himeko, Gepard, Yanqing account who only has Luocha?

my welt's at e2 :shepface:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That doesn't seem like bad luck so much as you've barely pulled.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, E2 Welt rules. Extra damage for 2 turns after he ults, and he gains energy every time he hits an imprisoned enemy. He can ult every 3 turns, or once every cycle with Bronya and enough speed. It's fun not letting the enemy get a turn.

I've got Jing Yuan, Silver Wolf, Luocha, Kafka, Welt E2, Gepard, and Bronya. I also have Welt's 5 star light cone and Himeko's. The RNG has decided I'm not allowed to have a 5 star Destruction character, but both times I tried have been great failures.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 20, 2023

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

1.6 details just leaked, there's gonna be another big SU update, and supposedly Ruan Mei and Screwllum are gonna be the banner characters for the patch. (The Screwllum part is a bit more questionable)

I wonder if when (if ever) we're gonna stop getting 2 new characters per patch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

did they upgrade screwlum to a 5 star becuase last i heard he started off as a 4 star didn't he

anyways big z on that, call me when 1.7 hits with hanabi who is so utterly blatantly disgustingly designed to be a dhil support it is insanely not even funny

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Screwllum was leaked as now being a 5* Imaginary Erudition 3 months ago

guess the positive feedback let them believe he could carry a banner after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'll be pulling for Screwllum.