Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
In a superflex league, I got both ford and k Williams this week (no waivers) and I’m looking to flip one for a better QB2 instead of Carr.

I was looking at someone who has Love as a third QB with his others being Danny dimes and Geno Smith. Are any of these three worth targeting as a trade for either of the RB’s? Or should I be looking higher, maybe T Law but I think that’s reaching a bit.

I could also hold and get Stafford or Russ Wilson for free and have crazy RB depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I also wouldn't be surprised if Ford doesn't have an amazing week against the Titans. The Titans seem to have a pretty decent defense, especially against RB's. I think in week 1 they allowed like 40 rushing yards and week 2 like 70 yards? Something like that, maybe reversed. And they got 3-4 sacks each week. Not necessarily against great teams, but they seem to have a good def.

Their defense isn't incredible or anything, but it's gonna be an interesting week for Ford.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ford is not Nick Chubb, in fact he's closer to Mattison. Granted there's a ton of injuries at RB, but Cleveland's scheme alone won't make Ford a superstar.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Yeah I think I'm just going to put in a bid to keep people honest with Ford, like $25 or something. If I get him great if I don't at least no one stole him for cheap.

I don't need Ford, but my opponent this week had Chubb and only has three RBs on roster. Going in with 2/3 of my remaining FAAB, and same deal--if I get him cool, if not they had to pay for him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Me looking at waivers this week.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

The Big Jesus posted:

I’m in hella underdog best balls. Not much kyren or puka but I was drafting the poo poo out of Ford all summer.

nice. i only managed to get 23 in under my belt, but my best is currently sitting 54th out of 574k or whatever.

obviously going to change a lot, and still like 10 of my teams are in 1st or 2nd in their respective groups. this tournament is nuts, but man, i really love not having to manage a team each week!

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Ugh, Barkley and Pierce are my RBs, and I only have Charbonnet and Bigsby on my bench. Trying to pick up Swift but likely will get hosed on waivers since there are 14 of us. Moss and Ford already taken, but may pick up Spears?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

spears is the probably best rb that's not a starter. if henry ever gets hurt...he's going to be a monster.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

abelwingnut posted:

spears is the probably best rb that's not a starter. if henry ever gets hurt...he's going to be a monster.

yeah I rarely handcuff RBs but Spears is an exception

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Starting Bijan and Pollard, have Pierce, Rachaad White, and David Montgomery on bench. Should I still try and pick up Ford or Moss? Thinking of dropping Pierce since he hasn't done much, but now Montgomery is injured already. However, I was also going to try and pick up Nico Collins to shore up my WR pool. I'm not wanting to drop Zay Jones or Jahan Dotson yet in case they pan out and only have Mike Williams as my other non-starter WR.

Any thoughts on what I should prioritize this week?

Edit: Also, using ESPN, waivers will go in priority if queued up for tomorrow right? So if I'm replacing the same person on my bench it will try and replace with the highest on list, but then if taken will replace with the next one if available. It won't take the first pick if available, then immediately replace them as well since I had another player lined up behind them. Is that correct?

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 20, 2023

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Do not drop Pierce.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'd easily drop zay jones out of that crew. potential knee injury, competing for targets against ridley, engram, kirk, etienne, and bigsby, was never all that great.

oh, and speaking of jacksonville, buy lawrence and ridley if you can. lawrence had a bad game, yes, but it's still one game. that team should come together soon and when they do it's going to be loud.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah I have pierce too but keep in mind his offensive line should get noticeably better starting week 5. If he’s putting up similar numbers week 10 I’d consider dropping him, MAYBE

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I've got Hunter Henry and Muth. Thinking hard about dropping the latter.

edit: After Chubb went down I really want to handcuff Henry in my leagues so trying to make space.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Flexing Collins over White and Harris this week. This guy is the number 1 target in houston, a team which runs the 3rd most plays and 3rd most pass attempts in the NFL so far in 2023. Worth a shot

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My waiver setup is insane this week. 11 pending moves and they're all if-then permutations for three guys and a defense.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Dango Bango posted:

My waiver setup is insane this week. 11 pending moves and they're all if-then permutations for three guys and a defense.

Now you’re playing fantasy. Now you’ve ascended.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fields is fuckin out. I have Richardson on my bench. Do I roll the dice with him, assuming he clears the protocol, or do I grab one of:

Stafford
Wilson (lol)
Baker
Carr
Stroud (ehhhh)

I’m actually leaning Stafford since Puka is going ham and Kupp due back in a few weeks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel a tug to say that Carr threw for 533 yards last game. Two picks but still

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Fields is fuckin out. I have Richardson on my bench. Do I roll the dice with him, assuming he clears the protocol, or do I grab one of:

Stafford
Wilson (lol)
Baker
Carr
Stroud (ehhhh)

I’m actually leaning Stafford since Puka is going ham and Kupp due back in a few weeks.

It’s Richardson szn for you.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

I feel a tug to say that Carr threw for 533 yards last game. Two picks but still

....what?

Anyway, it is Richardson time for all the Fields/Richardson havers. Including myself. Assuming he's cleared obv.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You are combining Carr’s 2 games, he did not throw for over 500 yards in one game lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Remember when it was bannable to drink and post lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

I got none of the guys lol. The two new guys in my league are actually aggressive with FAAB - they've spent 79% and 65% of their budgets - compared to how people have played the wire in the past. Next highest spends are 33% and 19%, then everyone else has spent $0-2.

I didn't *need* a new RB at this point and was mostly hoping to snag Nico Collins :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

EconDad posted:

It’s Richardson szn for you.

Richardszn

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I was lucky to pick up Kyren last week and have a draft and Lions bias investment in Gibbs. I'm just calling it there in terms of RB's until either of them get injured.

I'm holding onto Mattison on the bench because.. why not at a certain point, and might just try my hand on a week to week waiver basis for handcuffs as more RB's go down through the season. I'm sick of worrying about the position and thankfully I have an excess of decent WR's so I can always play one of those in the flex.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

FAAB claims for Jerome Ford in a $100 season total budget PPR league with a bunch of RB hoarders:

30 (me)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sigh, people in my league pay attention more than I thought. Missed out on Williams and Ford, oh well, I'm pretty good at RB so not the end of the world. The guy who had Chubb picked up Williams, so I can't even be mad.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
I’m trying to think of impact players I’ve gotten off of waivers in past years by spending faab and I can’t think of any. Usually I pick guys up before they pop or don’t spend enough faab. I really need another RB so I’m thinking of spending all my faab on this ford character :thunk:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I didn't spend any FAAB this week because I blew so much on Puka last week and there wasn't much on the wire to interest me.

I did not expect Sam LaPorta and Hunter Henry to go to the same guy for a total of over 20% of budget.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I got Ford with all my remaining 96. Other bids were 69, 56, 53, 42, and 0.

Have to pick 3 from Rachaad, Mattison, Conner, Aaron Jones, and Ford.

Also should I get Tank Dell and drop one of Mims, Burks, Shaheed?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Checked this morning, I got Robert Woods for a dollar. And Pats in FA.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Lol the Nick Chubb owner put in a $0 bid on Ford. I slammed down $55 and got him, and I don’t even really need him but wanted to hamstring everyone else. I even play the ex-Chubb owner this week.

Also QB guy asked me for the 4th time if I wanted to trade for Burrow now that Richardson was out and I lol’d at him. Then I’m pretty sure he tried to 4D Chess me on waivers and spent $15 of his last like $30 on Qirk maybe in an attempt to block me from getting him since he was highest ranked QB on waivers? Meanwhile I can’t stand Qirk and I just snuck in a $0 bid for Stafford. I have a decent QB ready to go if Richardson doesn’t clear protocol, and he now has 3 QBs on his roster lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Got outbid on Ford by 1 dollar 426 to my 425

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Someone dropped Najee Harris in one of my leagues :stare:

I know he’s sucked but uhhhhh seems a bit much given the state of RB

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i would not bid much on harris, but he should be owned for a least another week or two. warren does look a lot better, though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of Spears, I have Khalil Herbert sitting on my bench next to Gainwell and Javonte Williams and I can’t realistically see myself ever utilizing him. Worth it to dump him for Spears as a solid handcuff or more time later in the season?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

T-Square posted:

Speaking of Spears, I have Khalil Herbert sitting on my bench next to Gainwell and Javonte Williams and I can’t realistically see myself ever utilizing him. Worth it to dump him for Spears as a solid handcuff or more time later in the season?

I'm in the same spot with Dalvin Cook. I don't see him ever getting into my lineup, so he's on my roster bubble if I ever need to take advantage of breaking news or something like that.

If Tyjae Spears is out there and Herbert isn't ever making your flex, I don't see a problem in dumping him. The Bears won't make you regret it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Beware the ides of Hunter Henry.

Bagels for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

JSN was dropped in my 0.5 PPR league. Realizing every league is different, how much faab should spend on him? Currently bidding $17 of the $76 I have left.