Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Silhouette posted:

Build Xanathar for games at his house instead :getin:

And play the cards that let you play poo poo out of your friend's deck: Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Acquire, Bribery, Praetor's Grasp, Tainted Indulgence, Nightveil Specter, the original Ashiok, and even Breach the Multiverse. Also just cards that'll let you yoink some of his permanents like Expropriate, Blatant Thievery, and that one Rogue whose name I can't remember right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Batterypowered7 posted:

and that one Rogue whose name I can't remember right now.

Zareth San, the Trickster? Whenever Zareth San deals combat damage to a player, you may put target permanent card from that player’s graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.

I stole some enchantment from a Boros deck that gave everything doublestrike. He was a monster that game, pulling 2 permanents a turn from graveyards can get quite powerful. Things like Evolving Wilds are great, repeated value pulling them out.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

Zareth San, the Trickster? Whenever Zareth San deals combat damage to a player, you may put target permanent card from that player’s graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.

I stole some enchantment from a Boros deck that gave everything doublestrike. He was a monster that game, pulling 2 permanents a turn from graveyards can get quite powerful. Things like Evolving Wilds are great, repeated value pulling them out.

No, the seven mana one that yoinks a permanent, then draws you three cards at the end of your turn if you control three or more permanents you don't own.

Agent of Treachery

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sen Triplets gives you Esper and lets you include even more bullshit.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Or Evelyn for Grixis

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Yeah but Evelyn and triplets don't have Xanathar's poo poo-eating grin

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Silhouette posted:

Yeah but Evelyn and triplets don't have Xanathar's poo poo-eating grin

However:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Might I suggest Etrata the Silencer and eun Mari, the Killing Quill and Ravenloft Adventurer?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
A lot of people don’t seem to know this but animate dead, dance of the dead and necromancy are all target creature in a graveyard, not your graveyard.
They also become auras so pretty good for eriette, if you want an infinite combo you could include the creatures for the loop.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

A lot of people don’t seem to know this but animate dead, dance of the dead and necromancy are all target creature in a graveyard, not your graveyard.
They also become auras so pretty good for eriette, if you want an infinite combo you could include the creatures for the loop.

Did you ever come across that article regarding the MoM Knight precon?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I played my upgraded Frodo deck last night. It was decidedly a lot of fun despite losing all three games.

Game 1: I was sat on four lands until my Command Tower got blown up and then I was on three (plus one mana artifact). I had Frodo and Sam online and the Ring tempted to three - probably drew 20 cards and never hit a land. It was unreal. The game was lower power and everyone was remarking how fun it was because nobody popped off and ran away with the game. I was amazed that I still had decisions to make with minimal mana, but there are a lot of low cost cards in the deck.

Game 2: I didn't have any mana issues and was able to come online early. I became an obvious threat and Frodo got shut down early and often, especially when I got Lathiel on the board and started loading him with counters. I ended up getting killed by the gentleman to my right who was playing a Nazgul deck with the artifact that sucks up counters and distributes them back out. He put 14 or so counters on his Lord of the Nazgul and I made the mistake of making table talk and remarking that I could have destroyed it after passing my turn so obviously he swung in the air and killed me with commander damage on his turn. I took it well and we all laughed about how maybe I should keep my mouth shut at the table about some things.

Game 3: There was a mono-red goblin deck that almost onlined some sort of engine to poo poo out goblin tokens but I Toxic Deluged his commander and all his dudes. The table approved of this play. Even the goblin player said he was about to pop off and it was well timed. I was losing board state to a dragon deck that had Tiamat as commander and poo poo out a ton of dragons, and some general removal from other players had me in a weakened board state. I had the Exquisite Blood / Sanguine Bond combo in my hand and based on my analysis it looked like the only way I was going to win. I was a turn away from getting it on the board when the goblin player (who had played Goblin Recruiter and stacked his deck with specific goblins) went infinite with a Goblin Sharpshooter combo and killed all of us. The dragon player knew what was going on but thought he had another turn to deal with it while I was clueless. The format is fun and I learned a lot. I went ahead and ordered most of the cards I have proxied since I really enjoyed all three games.

The biggest takeaway for me is that this group is really great. I played with all different people from those I had played with two Tuesdays ago and they were all really fun and accommodating folks. I could tell they all knew more about the format than me but were helpful and patient as I read most of the cards. There were some laughs on the rare occasion when I saw cards from back when I played Standard and yelled out, "Hey, I know that card! Don't need to read it!".

With that said, I am already looking to add another deck to my repertoire. I sat up until 2am this morning on Scryfall and EDHRec looking at stuff. The latter site is ok, but I already get the feeling that it could be a bit stifling in the creativity department since it looks like it just recommends based on submitted data? Anyway, it's at least helpful to see what is out there. Scryfall on the other hand is super powerful. The advanced search is bonkers. As I learn more I see myself using this a ton.

I really want to build something around a commander / deck identity that copies spells. I'm thinking mono-blue but I'm not married to that idea. I remember playing Standard when Storm was a thing and how busted it was. If anyone has any recommendations or ideas on where to start there I would appreciate it. Since I don't know much about the format, well known decks are okay to recommend but also bonus points for odd/fringe commanders that I can build around.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 20, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EDHrec's Average Deck and synergy is all based on usage, but it also has a bunch of links to other people's decks you can check out.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

kung fu jive posted:

I really want to build something around a commander / deck identity that copies spells. I'm thinking mono-blue but I'm not married to that idea. I remember playing Standard when Storm was a thing and how busted it was. If anyone has any recommendations or ideas on where to start there I would appreciate it. Since I don't know much about the format, well known decks are okay to recommend but also bonus points for odd/fringe commanders that I can build around.

Izzet whips rear end for copying/storm/whacky cheating out of thicc spells

Fake edit: I also like looking at decks on Moxfield with the most views for inspiration, usually a lotta good stuff there

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

kung fu jive posted:

Izzet is the best colours for this with cards like Thousand Year Storm, Storm-Kiln Artist, et al. Look up Izzet Spellslinger Theme on EDHRec, there's a ton of good commanders for it (I use Neera personally and it's great fun)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Neera all daaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm gonna rebuild her next (after I build my next simic bullshit deck :getin:)

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Arcane Bombardment is such an amazing bullshit izzet spellslinger card once it gets rolling, especially if you have an extra turn spell underneath it

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Johnny Truant posted:

Izzet whips rear end for copying/storm/whacky cheating out of thicc spells

Fake edit: I also like looking at decks on Moxfield with the most views for inspiration, usually a lotta good stuff there

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Izzet is the best colours for this with cards like Thousand Year Storm, Storm-Kiln Artist, et al. Look up Izzet Spellslinger Theme on EDHRec, there's a ton of good commanders for it (I use Neera personally and it's great fun)

Johnny Truant posted:

Neera all daaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm gonna rebuild her next (after I build my next simic bullshit deck :getin:)

Yep, that's that good poo poo. I am officially going to get nothing done at work today.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

kung fu jive posted:

With that said, I am already looking to add another deck to my repertoire. I sat up until 2am this morning on Scryfall and EDHRec looking at stuff. The latter site is ok, but I already get the feeling that it could be a bit stifling in the creativity department since it looks like it just recommends based on submitted data? Anyway, it's at least helpful to see what is out there. Scryfall on the other hand is super powerful. The advanced search is bonkers. As I learn more I see myself using this a ton.

EDHRec can sort of lead you towards "good stuff" piles if you're just going from a Commander and scrolling down the list. The "themes" section mentioned above is great, you can click through a Theme and color identity and see a lot of cards you might not otherwise be aware of.

Something folks on Discord pointed out to me is the EDHRec filtering options. For any given commander there can be a few directions to take them in, by default you'll see a lot of staples. You can add filters, like this commander "with Maddening Cacophony" to focus it on the decks that are trying to do the thing you want. There's also negative filtering, like taking out anything with Temple of the False God to remove the 'bad' decks, but I don't do as much of that.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

JawnV6 posted:

EDHRec can sort of lead you towards "good stuff" piles if you're just going from a Commander and scrolling down the list. The "themes" section mentioned above is great, you can click through a Theme and color identity and see a lot of cards you might not otherwise be aware of.

Something folks on Discord pointed out to me is the EDHRec filtering options. For any given commander there can be a few directions to take them in, by default you'll see a lot of staples. You can add filters, like this commander "with Maddening Cacophony" to focus it on the decks that are trying to do the thing you want. There's also negative filtering, like taking out anything with Temple of the False God to remove the 'bad' decks, but I don't do as much of that.

This is very helpful and makes EDHRec more understandable and powerful as a tool. Thank you.

I am sifting through Neera lists and this is 1000% my jam. I love that there are a bunch of directions you can take this. The multiple turns route looks appealing and the cheating out thicc creatures route also looks appealing. And then there is the Neera + Kitten combo which is nutty. I also found this list which looks like it does both thicc creatures and spells matter (with play the entire deck potential).

Double edit:

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I really like your list. Taking some inspiration from this.

EDIT:
A few things that I am trying to understand about playing this commander:
1. How does the early game look? You just ramp as fast as possible into Neera, hope you don't get countered, targeted with instant removal, and have enough mana to start triggering out value? So much of the deck relies on the commander. If she dies and has 2+ tax counters I'm stuck with a pile of extremely expensive CMC cards + cantrips and an increasingly expensive commander.

2. What do you do against stax? If someone resolves Deafening Silence you just scoop?

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 20, 2023

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Deckbox is introducing tagging cards for premium accounts and sunsetting the selling features. I'm psyched that I have an easier way to track card location (out getting signed, loaned to a friend, etc) and hopefully removing the selling part will make it easier for Deckbox to get tcgplayer data again, now that they're not in direct competition.

EDIT: you can also export set codes and collector numbers with inventory cards. Haven't tried it yet.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

kung fu jive posted:

This is very helpful and makes EDHRec more understandable and powerful as a tool. Thank you.

I am sifting through Neera lists and this is 1000% my jam. I love that there are a bunch of directions you can take this. The multiple turns route looks appealing and the cheating out thicc creatures route also looks appealing. And then there is the Neera + Kitten combo which is nutty. I also found this list which looks like it does both thicc creatures and spells matter (with play the entire deck potential).

Double edit:

I really like your list. Taking some inspiration from this.

EDIT:
A few things that I am trying to understand about playing this commander:
1. How does the early game look? You just ramp as fast as possible into Neera, hope you don't get countered, targeted with instant removal, and have enough mana to start triggering out value? So much of the deck relies on the commander. If she dies and has 2+ tax counters I'm stuck with a pile of extremely expensive CMC cards + cantrips and an increasingly expensive commander.

2. What do you do against stax? If someone resolves Deafening Silence you just scoop?

The vast majority of people aren't going to be playing stax pieces. You might run into the odd Blind Obedience, but there's practically nobody playing Rule of Law effects and the such at casual tables. That's a really easy way to piss off a bunch of randoms that were hoping to just goldfish their decks.

I've gotten dirty looks for cards like: Dauthi Voidwalker, Opposition Agent, and Notion Thief (they're all in my Rogues deck). I could play Elesh Norn, Mother of Machines out on an empty board with no cards in hand and casuals will still start sweating bullets.

If someone resolves a Deafening Silence you should probably just bounce it at the end step of the player that goes before you with a spell or Otawara.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Play stax pieces as scapegoats for your REAL game plan.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I run a Notion Thief and have wheeled the table into it before. Rule 0 covered it though, someone was testing a K'rrik cEDH deck and folks were fine with higher powered things. One player was happy to keep the 1st draw of the turn after assuming it was shutting off all new cards.

Khanstant posted:

Play stax pieces as scapegoats for your REAL game plan.
I'm about to cut Mindslaver from a deck and it's only ever been a lightning rod to attract removal from the stuff I actually want to activate. Can't be bothered to read a whole new handful of cards, how awful would that be.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I mean that’s how stax pieces are generally used at this point, right? My understanding was that hard stax is poorly positioned so they’re typically just a delaying tactic while you set up your actual win con

also that’s focusing on enchantments, which is a minority of stax pieces, U/R often deals with creatures and artifacts far more easily/efficiently (and of course you’ve got counterspells/chaos warp/etc. as general answers)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

I run a Notion Thief and have wheeled the table into it before. Rule 0 covered it though, someone was testing a K'rrik cEDH deck and folks were fine with higher powered things. One player was happy to keep the 1st draw of the turn after assuming it was shutting off all new cards.

I'm about to cut Mindslaver from a deck and it's only ever been a lightning rod to attract removal from the stuff I actually want to activate. Can't be bothered to read a whole new handful of cards, how awful would that be.

Lmao at the thought of you windmill slamming a Bolas's Citadel after some rube uses their Abrade on your Mindslaver.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jiro posted:

Did you ever come across that article regarding the MoM Knight precon?

Here it is: https://www.goonhammer.com/unstable-mutation-cavalry-charge/

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

LGD posted:

I mean that’s how stax pieces are generally used at this point, right? My understanding was that hard stax is poorly positioned so they’re typically just a delaying tactic while you set up your actual win con

Ehhh, kinda? The best way to think about stax is as a proactive control gameplan. Stax is never the win condition, but used as a way to keep fast combo decks in check. But the real reason why stax is poorly positioned in tournament metagames is because you build stax decks to fit your metagame, and tourney results are the very definition of a blind meta. You don't know what the decks you're running up against, so you either have to make a meta read on what you're going to be playing against, or build your deck more suboptimally to try and hit many different decks, but potentially reduce your deck's overall effectiveness. And this is ignoring the very high liklihood that you will run into a deck that operates incredibly well under stax conditions like winota.

In a stable local metagame where you can tune your deck to go up against people's decks? Stax can be very well positioned to absolutely bring you up a few % points over the rest of the table.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hey thanks! I have a maths question say I have Sakashima's Will in hand and a Moonshaker's Cavalry. Cloud Key and Urza's Incubator on the field to make things cheaper since I have the incubator set to make Knight type cards cheaper to cast, and Cloud Key set to creatures.

https://scryfall.com/card/cmr/91/sakashimas-will

https://scryfall.com/card/woe/21/moonshaker-cavalry

So I cast the Cavalry and it's ETB triggers then cast the Sakashima's Will for it's secondary function and make every other creature I have on the battlefield a Moonshaker Cavalry. Sakashima's Will is sorcery speed, I'm not sure where the ETB of the Cavalry would be in the stack AND would making the rest of my creatures copies of it also have their own ETB in becoming a copy of Cavalry? If so, how would it's math shake out?

Also holy poo poo Psuedoanonymous, Crib Swap and Nameless Inversion combo-ing with Hakkon is a really nasty asymmetrical boardwipe that just STAYS until he gets removed or exiled holy poo poo. That's a really cool idea. :stare:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 21, 2023

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Existing permanents becoming copies of other things does not trigger ETBs.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Existing permanents becoming copies of other things does not trigger ETBs.

This is correct, also you normally can’t add a sorcery to the stack unless it’s your turn, it’s during your main phase, and the stack is empty.

Jiro posted:

Also holy poo poo Psuedoanonymous, Crib Swap and Nameless Inversion combo-ing with Hakkon is a really nasty asymmetrical boardwipe that just STAYS until he gets removed or exiled holy poo poo. That's a really cool idea. :stare:

So you can’t react to moonshaker cavalry etb going on the stack with a sorcery, normally (see Vedalken Orrery for a way to speed up your sorceries).

I’m glad you like the haakan thing it’s a cutesy little strange interaction.

Erm I’m confused you brought up cloud key and Urzas incubator - those aren’t really relevant here, when creatures turn into copies you don’t have to pay anything other than for the spell or ability that changed them.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 21, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

This is correct, also you normally can’t add a sorcery to the stack unless it’s your turn, it’s during your main phase, and the stack is empty.

So you can’t react to moonshaker cavalry etb going on the stack with a sorcery, normally (see Vedalken Orrery for a way to speed up your sorceries).

I’m glad you like the haakan thing it’s a cutesy little strange interaction.

Erm I’m confused you brought up cloud key and Urzas incubator - those aren’t really relevant here, when creatures turn into copies you don’t have to pay anything other than for the spell or ability that changed them.

I brought it up in the scenario because Moonshaker is 8 mana in white, and then you're also tacking on Sakashima's Will which is like which is another 4 mana. To make it more plausible in how an Esper deck could even afford to drop 12 mana in one turn. Sorry, it made sense in my head to add those parameters.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Jiro posted:

I brought it up in the scenario because Moonshaker is 8 mana in white, and then you're also tacking on Sakashima's Will which is like which is another 4 mana. To make it more plausible in how an Esper deck could even afford to drop 12 mana in one turn. Sorry, it made sense in my head to add those parameters.

No problem just wanted to make sure. 12 mana is a fair chunk.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What do people think about Celestial Dawn as fixing in decks that have a significant amount of white mana? It turns off abilities from non-basic lands, but synergizes with anything that cares about the number of plains you have, and lets you play cards that have multiple other color mana symbols. Like Playing War Elemental or Gratuitous Violence in a boros deck.

It used to be really funny to donate to someone not playing white, but apparently that rule got changed with oath of the gatewatch, so now that doesn't work anymore.

Edit: got a win with my brion stoutarm deck, got the miracle hand of turn 1 land, mana vault, sol ring, arcane signet, turn 2 land, turn 3 Godo, fetching helm of the host, turn 4 kill everyone else. My deck isn't supposed to do that, but we take those!

A Moose fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 22, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

A Moose posted:

What do people think about Celestial Dawn as fixing in decks that have a significant amount of white mana? It turns off abilities from non-basic lands, but synergizes with anything that cares about the number of plains you have, and lets you play cards that have multiple other color mana symbols. Like Playing War Elemental or Gratuitous Violence in a boros deck.

It used to be really funny to donate to someone not playing white, but apparently that rule got changed with oath of the gatewatch, so now that doesn't work anymore.

Edit: got a win with my brion stoutarm deck, got the miracle hand of turn 1 land, mana vault, sol ring, arcane signet, turn 2 land, turn 3 Godo, fetching helm of the host, turn 4 kill everyone else. My deck isn't supposed to do that, but we take those!

A Moose: "I cast Godo, Bandit Warlord. I go get Helm of the Host."

The rest of the table:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm officially in deep. I finished putting together this list for Neera and ordered the cards today (sideboard is for cards I'm considering). I'll have that, my upgraded Frodo deck, and I just ordered the Spirit Squadron precon to have something supremely low powered to play with other precons / low power decks. My poor wallet.

I've been going through the YouTube recs y'all provided pages back. Spike Feeders is great but Quintessential MTG is extremely my poo poo. They are so much fun to watch. The Baldur's Gate game was pretty funny.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

kung fu jive posted:

I'm officially in deep. I finished putting together this list for Neera and ordered the cards today (sideboard is for cards I'm considering). I'll have that, my upgraded Frodo deck, and I just ordered the Spirit Squadron precon to have something supremely low powered to play with other precons / low power decks. My poor wallet.

Consider Aminatou's Augury because it is absolutely ludicrous and also very cheap money wise. (Last time I played Neera I flipped straight into it, which, among other things, revealed Mnemonic Deluge which cast it another 3 times from the graveyard. A Thousand Year Storm, City on Fire and Explosive Singularity later, turn 5 win babee)

Also wrt your question about Neera being removed, as long as Neera hits the board you get the next priority so will always have the opportunity to cast something, and get the trigger, before anyone can Swords her. It's why I've got a handful of do-nothing 0 drops like Welding Jar in there.

[edit]

The "creatureless except for Kitten" Neera deck has a theoretical "if you go second you win on the upkeep of p3's first turn" win. So does the "some creatures including Kitten" Neera deck but it's really really unlikely rather than just really unlikely.

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 22, 2023

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

kung fu jive posted:

I've been going through the YouTube recs y'all provided pages back. Spike Feeders is great but Quintessential MTG is extremely my poo poo. They are so much fun to watch. The Baldur's Gate game was pretty funny.

Welcome, and I’m sorry for you and your wallet!

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Consider Aminatou's Augury because it is absolutely ludicrous and also very cheap money wise. (Last time I played Neera I flipped straight into it, which, among other things, revealed Mnemonic Deluge which cast it another 3 times from the graveyard. A Thousand Year Storm, City on Fire and Explosive Singularity later, turn 5 win babee)

Also wrt your question about Neera being removed, as long as Neera hits the board you get the next priority so will always have the opportunity to cast something, and get the trigger, before anyone can Swords her. It's why I've got a handful of do-nothing 0 drops like Welding Jar in there.

[edit]

The "creatureless except for Kitten" Neera deck has a theoretical "if you go second you win on the upkeep of p3's first turn" win. So does the "some creatures including Kitten" Neera deck but it's really really unlikely rather than just really unlikely.

I saw Aminatou's in your list and I'm surprised I forgot about it in mine. I will have to pick up a copy. And thank you for the heads up about priority. Those are small (but not really) rules things that I'm not thinking about because I'm still rusty.

TotalHell posted:

Welcome, and I’m sorry for you and your wallet!

Thank you! It will only get worse for my poor wallet.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Broseiju, Who Shelters Dudes: Cave Mode is in the set:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/16pkjdh/lci_cavern_of_souls_normal_and_cosmium_ink/

A new addition to The List is "Special Guest" cards (Mana Crypt, let's goooooooo):

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/16pkpeq/lcc_mana_crypt/

https://imgur.com/a/X8V1QQJ

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/724851217646469120/hi-mark-can-you-explain-the-special-guests

Ravnica Remastered Shocklands in three styles (let's hope their prices go down even more):

https://imgur.com/a/pGQJjSp

Commander Deck names and box art:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/16plk2h/lost_caverns_of_ixalan_commander_deck_names_box/

Borderless Basics for Lost Caverns of Ixalan:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/16plgl5/lcc_borderless_lands_core_full_arts/

E:

"As a pathway to reprinting that we're debuting with The Lost Caverns of Ixalan, Special Guests includes powerful Masters release–level reprints featuring art in the aesthetic of the set.

Special Guests will continue into future Magic sets, featuring a unique set symbol and collector numbers. For The Lost Caverns of Ixalan, non-foil cards from Special Guests can be found in Set Boosters, with traditional foil cards found in Collector Boosters.

(Note that The List, a flavorful way to reprint cards in Set Boosters, also continues with The Lost Caverns of Ixalan.)

We'll share more from Special Guests on October 24 with the debut for The Lost Caverns of Ixalan."

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I wonder how much Velociramptor and Blood Rites will cost.