Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
andreja doesn't hate it. Tbh if you get to the end you get a slideshow about the aceles and the dino griffin absolutely looks majestic. The game also told be that by being transparent and working together people also start to put aside their differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Hatebag posted:

i still like the bg3 battle music it's just all the non-battle music has the same descending arpeggio of the "down by the river" song that i was sick of by the time i was done creating my character at the beginning of the game. it's annoying because it's otherwise a good soundtrack. i just don't like leitmotifs I guess

🎵the n word🎵

e: drat it’s actually “inky embers” I can’t be the only one who heard that

Lin-Manuel Turtle has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Sep 20, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Whirling posted:

So, for the end of the UC Vanguard quest line, does every companion get pissed at you for choosing to reintroduce the Terrormorph's natural predator rather than just releasing a microbe and hoping that they don't adapt to resist it? I know Sarah and Barrett bitch at you for doing it, but I'm wondering if Sam and Andreja feel the same way.
dont know op, i had marika with me. i refuse to talk to the other npcs (bc they are bad)

but i also chose the jurassic park end, seems like a no brainer. who doesnt like dinosaurs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This has already been settled, Rift was the peak no other MMORPG will reach and it was all downhill from there, including for Rift

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Epic High Five posted:

This has already been settled, Rift was the peak no other MMORPG will reach and it was all downhill from there, including for Rift

I'm glad the conflict has been settled and the healing can begin

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Tankbuster posted:

andreja doesn't hate it. Tbh if you get to the end you get a slideshow about the aceles and the dino griffin absolutely looks majestic. The game also told be that by being transparent and working together people also start to put aside their differences.

So bizarre that people seethe at you for doing it, honestly. To my understanding of how evolution works, all it really takes for the terrormorphs to survive a plague is for one of them to have a heritable genetic quirk that lets them avoid it, while reintroducing a natural predator is something that stays efficacious for quite a while longer since both species constantly adapt to each other to ensure that they continue to reproduce.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

This has already been settled, Marvel Heroes was the peak no other MMORPG will reach and it was all downhill from there, including for Marvel Heroes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
thats part of those character's characterization. If you are specced into it with the correct perk you can give a pretty definitive answer for why the dino-griffins are better. Sarah is pretty prim and proper and doesn't like it if you do woo-woo stuff. The game's ending slides also tell you that She eventually grows out of it if she is your romanceable companion and eventually follows you into the next stage of humanity.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Whirling posted:

So bizarre that people seethe at you for doing it, honestly. To my understanding of how evolution works, all it really takes for the terrormorphs to survive a plague is for one of them to have a heritable genetic quirk that lets them avoid it, while reintroducing a natural predator is something that stays efficacious for quite a while longer since both species constantly adapt to each other to ensure that they continue to reproduce.

[Zoology] No

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Can you explain why, I'm genuinely curious

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man that'd probably be up there but it wasn't an MMORPG in the sense that people mean, it was more like an RPG beatemup where you have 40 wildly different characters and you geared for critically critting. The most fun zero braincell game the IP has put out in my lifetime

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Whirling posted:

Can you explain why, I'm genuinely curious

[Introvert] Oh, sorry I’m just role playing as the Starfield main character, you are right as far as that goes.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Man that'd probably be up there but it wasn't an MMORPG in the sense that people mean, it was more like an RPG beatemup where you have 40 wildly different characters and you geared for critically critting. The most fun zero braincell game the IP has put out in my lifetime

running around blasting goons as dr doom as he ranted and raved was an absolute blast

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Punished Turtle posted:

[Introvert] Oh, sorry I’m just role playing as the Starfield main character, you are right as far as that goes.

[Extrovert] No, I'm the main character.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

[Starborn] An infinity of main characters.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

[Bones] dammit Jim

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

running around blasting goons as dr doom as he ranted and raved was an absolute blast

Didn't he also have a move where he summoned a lightning spitting platform carried by 4 robots that he sat on motionless in a throne?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Didn't he also have a move where he summoned a lightning spitting platform carried by 4 robots that he sat on motionless in a throne?

that was his ultimate and it loving ruled. you could also spec him around just summoning hordes of doombots to fight for you

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ziasquinn posted:

I have 10000 hrs in FF11

so you took like 3 airship rides to Jeuno

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

that was his ultimate and it loving ruled. you could also spec him around just summoning hordes of doombots to fight for you

It's still incredible to me they hosed that game up, just make a new level every 6 months or something and make whatever character is getting a movie/show OP for a bit around the release date and coast. Maybe it was just Marvel leaving them hanging, it was pretty much the old school silly Marvel personified.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

It's still incredible to me they hosed that game up, just make a new level every 6 months or something and make whatever character is getting a movie/show OP for a bit around the release date and coast. Maybe it was just Marvel leaving them hanging, it was pretty much the old school silly Marvel personified.

iirc they got acquired by some phone game mogul with Big Ideas that ran it straight into the ground but it's been so long I don't remember well

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 05:53 on Sep 20, 2023

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

that game was great but it was pretty obvious that it was hosed for a long time

like 95% of the content they released was new characters because that's what you can charge for

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

whatever the Journeyman Project game that had fully rendered transitions from one scene to the next owned, really helped give you a sense of wtf was going on.

And I guess the puzzles were way easier than Myst so I liked it more.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

In other news, I am fully rice brained. I just spent a full year just passing time by the field meticulously making sure the crop has everything it needs. I'm having real trouble doing smaller batches of higher grain stuff with thin sowing numbers, I know I need stats other than HP but HP is so good and it's just way more satisfying to have the whole field crammed wall to wall with big beautiful rice plants. I did one for other stuff, then a balanced one, now I return to my roots

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It meant the humans were eating broth and drinking water the whole time probably but whatever, they're all too busy yelling at a baby to notice I'm sure

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sounds like the baby gets the bum rap in the whole arrangement

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

cool av posted:

whatever the Journeyman Project game that had fully rendered transitions from one scene to the next owned, really helped give you a sense of wtf was going on.

And I guess the puzzles were way easier than Myst so I liked it more.

lmao i vaguely remember playing this game when i was like 8 and literally having no loving idea how to do anything

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mr. Sharps posted:

how does one go about playing descents 1 and 2 these days

aren't both on GoG using DosBox? I have them at home, should be easy to try

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
payday 3 is good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Korean Boomhauer posted:

payday 3 is good
not sure if i can believe that

overkill seems very bad and even during payday 2 had no idea what the gently caress they were doing other than putting out 9999 dlc. their recent co-op shooter GTFO thingy was loving horrible.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
gtfo was 12 chambers or w/e and the developers for that would literalyl chase down people who would mod the game on discord and yell at them for modding the game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
continuing my Fallout 4 playthrough, in Sanctuary, I took one of the completely ruined houses and scrapped it, and then placed the cooking station, the weapons workbench, and the armor workbench on the flat concrete foundation left behind

it had been like this for a few days, but I was looking at it and thought that it seemed kinda lazy to just have it all laying out like that, so I started putting down walls around the foundation, and then a door, and a roof

once I had done that, I was like... well, nobody wants to stay in a completely bare room, so I put down a bed, a sofa (that's really just three airplane seats put together), a dining table, and some chairs around the table

I was feeling rather pleased with myself, but then, while I was scrapping some junk, Piper walks into the room, sits down on the chair I placed next to the dining table, and takes a drink

in the back of my mind I know this is extremely simplistic behavior, but the other part of me is completely blown away

sheesh, what a game

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

continuing my Fallout 4 playthrough, in Sanctuary, I took one of the completely ruined houses and scrapped it, and then placed the cooking station, the weapons workbench, and the armor workbench on the flat concrete foundation left behind

it had been like this for a few days, but I was looking at it and thought that it seemed kinda lazy to just have it all laying out like that, so I started putting down walls around the foundation, and then a door, and a roof

once I had done that, I was like... well, nobody wants to stay in a completely bare room, so I put down a bed, a sofa (that's really just three airplane seats put together), a dining table, and some chairs around the table

I was feeling rather pleased with myself, but then, while I was scrapping some junk, Piper walks into the room, sits down on the chair I placed next to the dining table, and takes a drink

in the back of my mind I know this is extremely simplistic behavior, but the other part of me is completely blown away

sheesh, what a game

yeah everyone always stuff like “settlement/outpost building in fallout 4/Starfield is half baked/pointless,” but all I hear is “I get to play house and collect every Jangles the Moon Monkey/Galacticat on the map/galaxy and throw a huge tea party”

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

sheesh, what a game
one thing that made me enjoy 76 a lot more than 4 was that in 4 with DLC crafting ammo requires a whole bullshit factory which made Survival mode a terrible chore, whereas in 76 it's like "you have some junk? you can make bullets :buddy:" and it's really chafing my rear end in Starfield that I can't use all that fancy bullshit nanotech to turn all my mining yields into bullets especially since it's so stupidly expensive to use the more fun guns like the magstorm

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I don't really get some of the choices regarding crafting, like making it so you can't store weapon mods for guns like in Fallout 4; it would be so much better if I could just craft a single scope for all my Beowulfs so when I inevitably go up a tier of damage, there's my scope, I can just pop it on at the bench and I'm back in business. Also confusing is that weapons do less damage if fired automatically; wouldn't it be better if you could just select firing modes? It makes going full auto kind of worthless since its a money sink for less damage overall.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

another weird quirk is why "advanced" variants triple the damage of the base model for some guns but for other guns it only increases damage by 50%

just lots of weird decisions all the way down

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Korean Boomhauer posted:

gtfo was 12 chambers or w/e and the developers for that would literalyl chase down people who would mod the game on discord and yell at them for modding the game

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

another weird quirk is why "advanced" variants triple the damage of the base model for some guns but for other guns it only increases damage by 50%

just lots of weird decisions all the way down

also it would be fine if there were only "normal" and "advanced", but you also get "calibrated", "assassins", "improved", and they're all white and no way to know which is better unless you hit an extra key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also it would be fine if there were only "normal" and "advanced", but you also get "calibrated", "assassins", "improved", and they're all white and no way to know which is better unless you hit an extra key

It’s even better than that. Tiers are normal-calibrated-refined-advanced-superior. “assassins” “improved” and all other affixes are just based on what the mod configuration is, not tier quality.

Still a good game. Todd ftw