Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Does she really help much in a Negative deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

wyoak posted:

Alioth should always reveal last imo

As someone who really likes using alioth, I agree

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think both Galactus and alioth should do their effects at end of turn

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I think Galactus is great where he is, it's when paired with Alioth that things are awful. Changing Ali to "always reveals last" would make that combo much easier to go against.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I only saw Galactus on a game where I was given a bunch of 6 cost units. Following that up with a 44 power Knull was the second funniest thing I have accomplished in my short stint with this game.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I never buy variants with gold but that new Surfer has me tempted

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just check the datamined bundles and see if buying the good variant will compromise any of those buys

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
If they ever nerf Silver Surfer to 3/1, Ravonna will instantly become a broken card.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

If they ever nerf Silver Surfer to 3/1, Ravonna will instantly become a broken card.

She will still be a worse Sera.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the sense I get from streamers is they'll lower Ravonna's cost to 2

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fate Accomplice posted:

the sense I get from streamers is they'll lower Ravonna's cost to 2

They hinted at this in a team answer earlier, but I still think that just makes her a cheap + worse Sera.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm winning with Ravonna right now but I think it's more due to the fact that I'm playing C3 than the power level of the card. Iron Man Mystique on 6 is incredibly sweet though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
At 2 energy she still affects fewer cards than zabu and without the turn 3 curve working as well. They can definitely afford to give her that much

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I managed to pull Ravonna almost right away after she went up, but I haven't messed with her yet. I'm hoping she gets a quick buff as I really want to like her. I'm only a couple ranks from Infinite and will probably start messing around with her when I cross the line.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
one thing that annoys me about this game is the locations beat me more than my opponents do

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Ravonna would be really really good at 2/3, main problems with her being 3/3 is you’re losing tempo plus there’s a bunch of 3 costs that are very good to get out on 3, and cost reduction is always more powerful the earlier you can get it out

Do the buff second dinner

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The pixels look to me basically as bad as they possibly could without doing it on purpose

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

The pixels look to me basically as bad as they possibly could without doing it on purpose

Some of them actually look decent. The problem is that there is no cohesive style whatsoever and generally the animations are pretty bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i've never upgraded a pixel variant to the point where it gets animations and kind of forgot that it was a thing that art would have to do

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Some of the pixels look decent at regular card size and just look bad in the full size preview, but on the whole they're pretty lame compared to both other variants and to other pixel art.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Oh wow, all Dan.Hipp Variant store.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh wow, all Dan.Hipp Variant store.

...And there goes the 1400 gold I saved up.

DH Kitty Pryde + Sera you are mine now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I've got both the new Dan Hipp Carnage and a Venom in my store and I'm very sorely tempted... man it's so hard to save gold in this game!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I picked up Hipp Scarlet Witch. The others in my shop I already have solid variants for, but its nice to see Hipp getting the recognition he deserves.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It was probably discussed a long time ago, but I was watching Teen Titans Go! the other day and realized that Dan Hipp is the Art Director on that show and it all makes sense now.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Extremely funny fact: if you have a full lane opposite their Jean Grey, and a way to move a card out of that lane during turn setup, you can play a card in another lane first and THEN move the card. (If you try to move then play, it'll block you, you have to play while your Jean lane is blocked and then move.)

Opponent was not expecting that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I give up, game.. you have beaten me. I have lived long enough to see myself become the villain. But surely this must be a sign.

I made it to 93 only to get beaten down to 84 over the course of the last week or so. Nothing I try works. I have run through every top meta deck and have lost multiple games in a row over the past several days. I said I would never do this. But at this point, I don't see that I have any other choice. Forgive me everyone.

Snap thread: Give me your best Galactus decks.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's not very good in the meta right now, i'd try something else

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh come on but I already made my little speech..

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

flatluigi posted:

it's not very good in the meta right now, i'd try something else

Wait I thought Galactus/Alioth ramp was extremely good right now? Like if they get their Galactus off on turn 4/5 and I don't take priority, it's an auto-retreat

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
whenever there is a new fun galactus deck it works for about a week before everyone is running hard counters/playing around it

its a really fun week tho

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
galactus alioth is pretty good for climbing ranked imo, not so much for conquest.

posted a couple i've come across in the discord for ya new leaf.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Are random variants coming up hipp as well? Or just the shop

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are random variants coming up hipp as well? Or just the shop

Just the shop, Christ be thanked.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

New Leaf posted:

I give up, game.. you have beaten me. I have lived long enough to see myself become the villain. But surely this must be a sign.

I made it to 93 only to get beaten down to 84 over the course of the last week or so. Nothing I try works. I have run through every top meta deck and have lost multiple games in a row over the past several days. I said I would never do this. But at this point, I don't see that I have any other choice. Forgive me everyone.

Snap thread: Give me your best Galactus decks.
I’m using this right now

Sunspot
Nebula
Daredevil
Jeff
Electro
Wave
Hobgoblin
Prof X
Legion
Alioth
Galactus
Orka

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m using this right now

Sunspot
Nebula
Daredevil
Jeff
Electro
Wave
Hobgoblin
Prof X
Legion
Alioth
Galactus
Orka

I've seen a few decks that use Storm/Prof X to narrow the viable play lane to 1 for Alioth, and man

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've played countless decks that rely on me getting a specific card to get things rolling - Shuri, Collector, Modok, Patriot, something like that - and in so many games you never find that one card you need. I've played 7 Galactus games this morning and he's been in my starting hand EVERY SINGLE TIME. No wonder you clowns have no problem getting the combo to work, he magically appears in your hand no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Knull Death decks make it more likely to have a big Turn 6, or if they don’t show up, hopefully you’ve powered up Deadpool via Forge/Hulk Buster. And with some luck with X23 and locations, maybe you get to play all of them.