Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

LODGE NORTH posted:

There’s a new all-in-one controller attachment like this that is either really good or has an incredible marketing budget.

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg

Ignoring the fact that this is an IGN review and they’re shills, this guy sounds like a shill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My seven year old just had a meltdown about losing a Luigi's mansion 3 mini game and after I told him he needs to take responsibility for his anger, yelled "it's actually shigeru miyamotos fault not mine"

I wish I were making this up,hes clearly see too much YouTube

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if it was anything in the Boilerworks his anger is justified

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

trevorreznik posted:

My seven year old just had a meltdown about losing a Luigi's mansion 3 mini game and after I told him he needs to take responsibility for his anger, yelled "it's actually shigeru miyamotos fault not mine"

lmao

This is your fault. The boy must learn respect.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

trevorreznik posted:

You should believe your kid. That bastard has been loving me over since Mario World too. Miaymoto. Not your son.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

NOT the GameCube controller layout because that is a stupid controller layout and always will be.

:catstare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i missed this but what the gently caress. GCN controller was ftw

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Convinced that anybody that didn't like the GCN controller just has some malformed flippers or smth

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Palmtree Panic posted:

Nintendo should make bread though

Nintendough?!?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Bleck posted:

Convinced that anybody that didn't like the GCN controller just has some malformed flippers or smth

I thought they were weird when they came out. I laughed at and mocked the GameCube.
“Ha ha. Not a real system. My Dreamcast has better graphics. My roommate’s PS2 eats that for lunch”.
Then I had regular movie night at by buddy Craig’s house and he showed me Pikmin. It all made sense.
I had my own the next payday.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

otter posted:

I thought they were weird when they came out. I laughed at and mocked the GameCube.
“Ha ha. Not a real system. My Dreamcast has better graphics. My roommate’s PS2 eats that for lunch”.
Then I had regular movie night at by buddy Craig’s house and he showed me Pikmin. It all made sense.
I had my own the next payday.

i also laughed at the stupid purple lunchbox and its weird controller, and then the pikmin preview they did at some event in japan that i watched on ign convinced me to get a gamecube day one and it was extremely worth it and the controller is still my favorite controller ever

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i bought a gamecube for melee because i'm cool

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

How can anyone call the GameCube’s controller the weirdest ever when the N64 controller is right there

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

How can anyone call the GameCube’s controller the weirdest ever when the N64 controller is right there

the n64 controller isn't even that weird or bad

you wanna plumb the deepest depths of controller design, then catch the same brainworms i have that made me buy both an intellivision and a 5200

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tayter Swift posted:

Nintendough?!?

Dual Slice

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7280067965830073643

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the n64 controller isn't even that weird or bad

you wanna plumb the deepest depths of controller design, then catch the same brainworms i have that made me buy both an intellivision and a 5200

Intellivision has Shark! Shark!, the greatest game ever made. topic locked

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

I want the nyxi big joycon with hall effect sticks and dpad, except, NOT the GameCube controller layout because that is a stupid controller layout and always will be. Give me the good stuff but with a normal pro controller configuration

You’re so wrong about the GameCube controller but also you should check out the NYXI Hyperion Pro!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A standard cross configuration for buttons is always going to be better than a giant A button surrounded by beans

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A standard cross configuration for buttons is always going to be better than a giant A button surrounded by beans

In many games you predominantly use one face button over the others. The gamecube controller puts the focus on accessing that button comfortably with the others in easy reach from it. And makes it very obvious to newer/dumber players which is the main button to press.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In many games you predominantly use one face button over the others. The gamecube controller puts the focus on accessing that button comfortably with the others in easy reach from it. And makes it very obvious to newer/dumber players which is the main button to press.

IN MOST GAMES YOU DON'T!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I miss having 6 face buttons like the original Xbox revised controller and the sega genesis LD controller. Street fighter never felt right with 4 face buttons

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

An Actual Princess posted:

extremely hype to play Super Mario Wonder coming out Next Month on my Nintendo Switch

You bolded a lot of words that aren't the root of the problem.
Switch games are for lickin'

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I've been watching fzero gx videos on YouTube. Man I forgot how well made that game is. I know nintendo doesn't want to make another fzero because they don't know what more they can do with it...but just remaster gx

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

trevorreznik posted:

well, time to change your parental settings to block YouTube on every device

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Is Unicorn Overlord supposed to be a new Ogre Battle*.....?

edit: Oops, WHY BONER NOW is right. I don't know why my mind went to Tactics Ogre when I only ever played Ogre Battle 64. I guess it's been too long. I loved that game though.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 20, 2023

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
It looked more akin to ogre battle

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ah okay so it's not about the tiny and stiff D-Pad which i can understand thinkin is weird, and instead about the A button being bigger than the B button. i see

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

symbolic posted:

ah okay so it's not about the tiny and stiff D-Pad which i can understand thinkin is weird, and instead about the A button being bigger than the B button. i see

Well the original GameCube controller has a myriad of problems: the tiny stiff d-pad, lack of an L2 button, lack of L3 and R3 stick buttons, lack of a select/menu button, ittt bitty Z trigger.

But I'm just talking about the modern reimaginings that are in the GameCube style, but tend to fix the d-pad, replace the Z button with a better shoulder button and also put one on the left, and add your menu/home/screenshot button and stick triggers. In these the only problem left is the button layout, which is only better for a handful of specific first party gamecube games.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well the original GameCube controller has a myriad of problems: the tiny stiff d-pad, lack of an L2 button, lack of L3 and R3 stick buttons, lack of a select/menu button, ittt bitty Z trigger.

But I'm just talking about the modern reimaginings that are in the GameCube style, but tend to fix the d-pad, replace the Z button with a better shoulder button and also put one on the left, and add your menu/home/screenshot button and stick triggers. In these the only problem left is the button layout, which is only better for a handful of specific first party gamecube games.

for most of the games you were playing on it, simple was definitely better imo. but i'm also extremely nostalgic cuz my childhood was the GCN library, so hell,

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LODGE NORTH posted:

There’s a new all-in-one controller attachment like this that is either really good or has an incredible marketing budget.

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg

Mine are still "In Production". I thought they would have been here by now D:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got a shipping notification this morning for mine.

Here’s a couple of the reviews I’ve seen so far:

https://youtu.be/hRY00l7z8bY
Kenson is so so on it.

https://youtu.be/o46e1aEgzlY
The GameXPlain guy xplained that he was very enthusiastic about it.

I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t touched my Switch at all in the last couple months since I built a gaming PC. I’ve been exclusively using that and Steam Deck. Tears of the Kingdom was the last game I heavily used my Switch on and it was hard even using the Hori Split Pad Pros to play after so many hours of holding the Steam Deck. I plan on getting Super Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG next month, so the Nitro Deck is arriving just in time.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

trevorreznik posted:

My wife and I are expecting our first in January and this is exactly the kind of weird parenting stuff that I’m excited about

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I had a lovely week at work last week and wanted to get a voucher for myself as a treat. Website wouldn't let me buy any because I already had one? I redeemed one for TotK, and the other for the SMRPG remake.

So, will it not let me buy another set until SMRPG actually releases? Is that what's wrong? I wanted to burn another set on Mario Wonder and the Princess Peach game!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i definitely bought multiple when they first came back, but on the switch eshop directly so idk if that's a factor

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Silver Falcon posted:

I had a lovely week at work last week and wanted to get a voucher for myself as a treat. Website wouldn't let me buy any because I already had one? I redeemed one for TotK, and the other for the SMRPG remake.

So, will it not let me buy another set until SMRPG actually releases? Is that what's wrong? I wanted to burn another set on Mario Wonder and the Princess Peach game!

This doesn't sound right at all, but would be a very Nintendo thing to do.

The support page says you can have 8 active vouchers at a time.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...0another%20set.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Palmtree Panic posted:

This doesn't sound right at all, but would be a very Nintendo thing to do.

The support page says you can have 8 active vouchers at a time.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...0another%20set.

I tried again and that time it worked (used the website). No idea what was wrong before, other than I had an incredibly lovely week and my brain was mush when I tried!

Regardless, Treat for Making it Through Hell Week acquired and pre-orders for Princess Peach and Mario Wonder secured. Thanks, all. Makes me feel better. :unsmith:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I'm super irritated that they are not currently planning a Tomb Raider physical release which means they have probably already made a back alley deal with LRG and it's going to be way more expensive than it should be.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

otter posted:

I'm super irritated that they are not currently planning a Tomb Raider physical release which means they have probably already made a back alley deal with LRG and it's going to be way more expensive than it should be.
Back alley? They're the same company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Unreasonably excited for the Princess Peach game and Detective Pikachu 2.