Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the last time my dad gamed beyond browser-based stuff and Mario Party was when he tried out TF2 and said it was too fast for him. man paid his dues playing CoD constantly in the late 00s tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol love the way dads play rts games
hand under the chin, never use a hotkey, hella static defense every game takes hours every time
I'm a dad and this is extremely accurate.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

*40x the resources & army as the enemy* IDK. Should I move in?

lol, god bless homie.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, god bless homie.

Only once i max out my supply with carriers so I can watch the swarm go ham and slow my cpu to a crawl, good times

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, god bless homie.

Oh my god my brother plays like this. I was watching him stream Tiberian Sun and he ended up losing a story mission by getting overwhelmed because the enemy just got free units and he stopped being able to keep up after like 45 mins. Turns out he just had to go in, blow up 1 radar building and that was it but nobody reads the directions

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I can't even imagine my dad playing any video game lol

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

I'm an uncle and this is how I play Stellaris, my six year old nephew is CAPTIVATED.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

A Moose posted:

Oh my god my brother plays like this. I was watching him stream Tiberian Sun and he ended up losing a story mission by getting overwhelmed because the enemy just got free units and he stopped being able to keep up after like 45 mins. Turns out he just had to go in, blow up 1 radar building and that was it but nobody reads the directions

I made this same mistake myself lol. Just go, dude. gently caress your feelings

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Heath posted:

I can't even imagine my dad playing any video game lol

Same. Too old + Irish

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

pentyne posted:

plinkey landlord stuff, seemed to be openly accepted by everyone, there weren't any pushback or denials that it was a joke

Accusation:

Evidence

Not clear if he bought a rental property on his own or just inherited the slumlord trade from his dad.

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same. Too old + Irish

honestly same, but dad is Colombian

too scared to ask. Fly your planes bro.. do what you gotta do. I don't care if you came to the states in the 70s.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

honestly same, but dad is Colombian

too scared to ask. Fly your planes bro.. do what you gotta do. I don't care if you came to the states in the 70s.

Mysterious foreign dads ftw

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
My old man was very very late to gaming, he spent years complaining my brother and I played them but when he got a hold of Simpsons Hit and Run my mom couldn't get the controller away from him

is RTS dad in starcraft going all photon cannons in every possible square inch of your base? my friend did that poo poo so much i refused to play 2v2 with him because the two opponents would just run in and blow up my army and base every time

i've recently become a dad and i don't think i can go full photon cannon base yet

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Servaetes posted:

My old man was very very late to gaming, he spent years complaining my brother and I played them but when he got a hold of Simpsons Hit and Run my mom couldn't get the controller away from him

is RTS dad in starcraft going all photon cannons in every possible square inch of your base? my friend did that poo poo so much i refused to play 2v2 with him because the two opponents would just run in and blow up my army and base every time

i've recently become a dad and i don't think i can go full photon cannon base yet

drat your dad and teenager me had the same strat, nobody could get anywhere close until my carriers were ready to roll out :kheldragar:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df6he4akC9Y

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
my dad did doom and quake speedruns

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

addendum to the cat question a few pages back.

here's the little dipshit in question. he has mastered the fine art of mustard gassing an entire room with his stinky kitten shits and ineffectually kicking some litter over his warcrime. we're looking forward to 3 more days when his quarantine ends and he gets to move on to things like eating the other cat's tail/food, getting stuck on top of a door frame, and tripping over his own tail chasing the laser pointer.

pets rule.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Stinky :3:

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Tenkaris posted:

Only once i max out my supply with carriers so I can watch the swarm go ham and slow my cpu to a crawl, good times
:haibrow:

Saving before every attack, base defense and exploration, a new file every 5 minutes.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

NoiseAnnoys posted:

addendum to the cat question a few pages back.

here's the little dipshit in question. he has mastered the fine art of mustard gassing an entire room with his stinky kitten shits and ineffectually kicking some litter over his warcrime. we're looking forward to 3 more days when his quarantine ends and he gets to move on to things like eating the other cat's tail/food, getting stuck on top of a door frame, and tripping over his own tail chasing the laser pointer.

pets rule.

Nice cat.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Good work, Stinky. :3:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kittens are furnaces that turn food into play and poop. They all take rancid shits that they try to bury for 20 minutes.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

we named him uhlíček (little coal thing) because he looked like the little balls of soot in spirited away, but now the name ironically refers to what we need to surround him with to contain the odors.

FuturePastNow posted:

Kittens are furnaces that turn food into play and poop. They all take rancid shits that they try to bury for 20 minutes.

when buddy got dewormed, he tried to bury his diarrhea squirts and ended up doing a jackson pollock all over the tile bathroom he's quarantined in.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 20, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p-5CgWP7Iw

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

you call that a cat?! Well, you're right. And a cute one at that.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
almost named one of my new cats Uchiyamada because he sniffs women's butts all the time, was balding when I got him, loves baths and was teaching at a middle school where his pride and joy car was repeatedly destroyed due to wacky hijinks.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
almost called my cat Adolf because they made a failed attempt to seize power from the German government in the 1920s

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a cat named slur

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a cat named slur

Hello Mr. Lovecraft

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ahhhh! Help me lovecraft's cat!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a cat named slur

i don't like this johnny cash cover one bit

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

almost called my cat Adolf because they made a failed attempt to seize power from the German government in the 1920s

My Struggle (To Be Fed 20 Minutes Earlier Every Morning)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
friend: "aww what's his name"

me: "Barbie"

friend: "aww a boy cat named like a little Barbie doll that's so cute he's such a confident man!!"

me watching my cat hunt down a neighboring gang of marxist cats in south america: "yeah... yeah that barbie for sure"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

almost named one of my new cats Uchiyamada because he sniffs women's butts all the time, was balding when I got him, loves baths and was teaching at a middle school where his pride and joy car was repeatedly destroyed due to wacky hijinks.

i know it’s a totally different series but i always imagine him as a crossover between gto and nichijiou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og7keTYM79I

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a cat named slur

my grandpa from mississippi did that with his black cat

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my grandpa from mississippi did that with his black cat

My grandpa also did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

kingcobweb posted:

friend: "aww what's his name"

me: "Barbie"

friend: "aww a boy cat named like a little Barbie doll that's so cute he's such a confident man!!"

me watching my cat hunt down a neighboring gang of marxist cats in south america: "yeah... yeah that barbie for sure"