Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That's a good Prime, not gonna lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why no cons? We need Lockdown, Soundwave and Blackarachnia at the very least

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Would Lugnut be a leader-sized figure? Also need Animated's Ultra Magnus, that was a chonky figure. I should dig mine out of storage...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Medullah posted:

Meanwhile my old man brain has to watch a YouTube video on transforming most of my figures and still can't get it sometimes.

I watch Emgo just transform it videos for how to transform everything the first time, because gently caress reading paper instructions. :colbert:

I had to track down a different reviewer’s video for the new Jurassic Park set because Emgo hasn’t reviewed it (yet) gently caress giving PrimeVsPrime any traffic.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's a lot of animated designs I like, Optimus is not really one of them, especially in toy form. And since the franchise is constantly oversaturated with Optimi, I'm not into it.

It's vaguely supposed to be a futuristic semi, but it ends up not looking like much. The bed is harder to hide the feet in. This cab looks like it might be mistransformed? It's just such a weird look to the grill. But of course, the robot modes are what gets prioritized these days, and the robit looks fine. I guess Animated Optimus was less stocky and more tall, but w/e.

Megatron would be more interesting, because while all Optimi strive to be the same, all Megatrons are very different (especially since the original variety is verboten). Lugnut would be a must, and there's lots of room to play around with his design. Shockwave, Sentinel Prime, Oil Slick, Swindle, and Lockdown would be great to see. Wreck-Gar, Blackarachnia, and Jazz would also be great to see, but I'm not sure they could coexist with their G1 versions having been made so recently. I guess the Junkions should get themselves a garbage truck since they've been expanded lately (is Animated Wreck-Gar still the only Transformers garbage truck?).

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

He's actually a fire suppression truck, but Hasbro never gives him the water tank/rear half of his altmode for some reason

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Xenomrph posted:

I watch Emgo just transform it videos for how to transform everything the first time, because gently caress reading paper instructions. :colbert:

I had to track down a different reviewer’s video for the new Jurassic Park set because Emgo hasn’t reviewed it (yet) gently caress giving PrimeVsPrime any traffic.

I literally can't use the regular instructions, my eyes are poo poo these days even with glasses. :( A lot of the time when I'm reading something I'll look up the online PDF of it so I can zoom in on my Surface heh.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess the Junkions should get themselves a garbage truck since they've been expanded lately (is Animated Wreck-Gar still the only Transformers garbage truck?).

trashmaster in the new legacy line is like, a junkion garbage truck pro wrestler guy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hasbro reissuing SS86 Slag!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm surprised it's a straight reissue and they didn't make a toy-colors version to encourage double-dipping. I don't think the original was that hard to find?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In a situation experts are calling 'staggeringly ironic', it turns out the way to make Core-class Volcanicus's arms work sensibly is.......... to stick a Power of the Primes combiner hand on them. It's not the prettiest situation ever, but it lets his elbow bend the right way.

also I obviously don't have swoop yet

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 19, 2023

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Silhouette posted:

He's actually a fire suppression truck, but Hasbro never gives him the water tank/rear half of his altmode for some reason

The vintage Voyager had an abbreviated "trailer" formed from the axe. There was gonna be a huge Powermaster figure for season 4 but, alas.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The_Doctor posted:

Hasbro reissuing SS86 Slag!

When and where?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Prophet of Nixon posted:

When and where?

On Pulse. Preorders are sold out already, because Pulse.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Like Fortmax, there’s speculation they may have just found some old stock.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've found that Pulse UK marks stuff as sold out when it's just not opened preorders yet. Why? :iiam:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I’m actually glad they are going hard on animated this wave it means my wallet can take a rest. I’ve always been impressed that they made the animated designs work but they ain’t for me and that’s ok. I’m glad the folks that want it are getting something, even something imperfect in their eyes.

I do need an animated Soundwave for my Soundwave shrine.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

patiently waiting for them to finish up the pretenders, so that i can have a proper chug crossblades, doubleheader, etc

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

What are the odds we get some out of left field oddball like TFA Dirt Boss in Legacy?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's also available through all the usual stores. TFW's post has links.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/09/19/hot-pre-order-studio-series-86-slug-reissue-494726

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Silhouette posted:

What are the odds we get some out of left field oddball like TFA Dirt Boss in Legacy?

Close to zero, unless the content of the upcoming waves has changed since the recent leaks (which have been proven correct thus far with Animated Bumblebee and Optimus). The only other Animated figure in the list is Motormaster.

There's definitely some unexpected stuff in there though - like new Rock Lords of all things, which I'm guessing will act as the new weaponizers/fossilizers/junkions of the line.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Family photo!

Now I just need them to release a Buzzsaw And maybe a Slugfest, Beastbox, Squawktalk, Overkill....

EDIT: I sort of hate the Ravage mould tbh, I'd like a new version.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Family photo!

Now I just need them to release a Buzzsaw And maybe a Slugfest, Beastbox, Squawktalk, Overkill....

you can pop out Laserbeaks feet and still have him clip on Soundwaves arm, there's some little port things on both arms.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BooDooBoo posted:

you can pop out Laserbeaks feet and still have him clip on Soundwaves arm, there's some little port things on both arms.

I know, but I've found they don't clip all that well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah it completely doesn't work.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah it completely doesn't work.

That's weird mine is snug as a bug.

Toy weirdness!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I've never got mine to work either. It's extremely strange.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well I just spent the last 5 minutes repeatedly exclaiming "what the gently caress?" because I started poking at the "TFA Motor Master" rabbit hole, and just how many figures they made for characters that weren't in the show, that I never even heard about. Disappointed that they made the Stunticons but we didn't get Menasor though.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

I've never got mine to work either. It's extremely strange.

Mine can hold on upside down, lasted a good few shakes as well.

Goddam, look at that yellowed plastic :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Randalor posted:

Well I just spent the last 5 minutes repeatedly exclaiming "what the gently caress?" because I started poking at the "TFA Motor Master" rabbit hole, and just how many figures they made for characters that weren't in the show, that I never even heard about. Disappointed that they made the Stunticons but we didn't get Menasor though.

I adore the Animated Stunticons but they’re like a bajillion dollars

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gav Spence reviewed them a couple of years ago yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41vCJJDVVM

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BooDooBoo posted:

Literally the only thing wrong with Netflix Soundwave :smith:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Walked into Forbidden Planet earlier and found out that Gamer Edition Cliffjumper exists. I didn't know this was a thing, but it also kills my lazy plan to someday get the old WFC Deluxe and a spare Prime RID deluxe to give it the screen-accurate head. I liked Cliffjumper in that game, he was the fun kind of mindlessly aggressive.

BooDooBoo posted:

Mine can hold on upside down, lasted a good few shakes as well.

Might be better tolerances on the Netflix release?

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Nah, I have the Netflix one and Laserbeak hates staying in place. For a 'holding Laserbeak' pose I just flip out the 5mm peg on Laserbeak and then giggle about how Soundwave is holding his bird by its crank.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Literally the only thing wrong with Netflix Soundwave :smith:

It doesn't look so bad in person.

It's still the best SW, but I'll upgrade him on next version release!

very risky blowjob posted:

Nah, I have the Netflix one and Laserbeak hates staying in place. For a 'holding Laserbeak' pose I just flip out the 5mm peg on Laserbeak and then giggle about how Soundwave is holding his bird by its crank.

I've also used the weird plastic pipe (shown in the image keeping Ratbat on SW's shoulder) as a flight stand, so it looks like Laserbeaks dong is LONG.

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 20, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Paging poster Bird with big dick

Poster Bird with big dick to the Transformers thread, please

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Phy posted:

Paging poster Bird with big dick

Poster Bird with big dick to the Transformers thread, please

"Long" is not necessarily the same a "Big".

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Did anyone manage to read my bios for Mixmaster, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, and Scrapmetal? I’m really curious to see what y’all think of them…

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Family photo!

Dr. Wu made a pretty good Squawktalk/Beastbox pretty recently, if you don't mind third party.

Nodosaur posted:

Did anyone manage to read my bios for Mixmaster, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, and Scrapmetal? I’m really curious to see what y’all think of them…

They're all pretty good, nothing to object to, very solid. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Dr. Wu made a pretty good Squawktalk/Beastbox pretty recently, if you don't mind third party.

They're all pretty good, nothing to object to, very solid. :)

I have them, other that the weapons being loose, they're great!

I also got the Slamdance set, which is excellent.