Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Supposedly he is living as a private citizen now and has been spotted around

The fact that he's still on the Bad Faith banner is one of the most baffling mysteries of our time however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

The fact that he's still on the Bad Faith banner is one of the most baffling mysteries of our time however

I want to believe he somehow conned actual lawyer Brihana Joy-Grey into a terrible contract and he's still getting half the revenue for it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

dreffen posted:

Has Virgil even resurfaced at all? Or is it possible to just hunker down, never leave your apartment, and main D.Va until the end of time

There was precisely one time he was scheduled to do an interview with Michael Kupperman about his memoir at some college book fair (still under Virgil Texas) but it got canceled when the internet took notice and started swarming their mailboxes. Other than that there's only people who claim to have seen him still wandering around the streets of Brooklyn.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pirate Jet posted:

There was precisely one time he was scheduled to do an interview with Michael Kupperman about his memoir at some college book fair (still under Virgil Texas) but it got canceled when the internet took notice and started swarming their mailboxes. Other than that there's only people who claim to have seen him still wandering around the streets of Brooklyn.

There's like triple digits at least of nebbish bespectacled men approximating him in that area though

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That guy from the Sound of Freedom movie turned out to be a creep.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

crepeface posted:

that was a classic chapo ep.

-dunking on different types of political goofballs
-highlighting incompetence in an american institution
-reading series on a sicko
-rant about a major problem facing society and breaking down the response from both sides of the political factions in charge

You forgot "FromSoft lore reference"

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
that's a recent addition in the reboot era and thus not part of Chapo classic

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It just took over from 'MGS reference' though, it's basically the same thing

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

no way

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Also one of the other top execs was found to have groped an underage trafficking victim during one of their ‘rescues’. This was caught on tape.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also one of the other top execs was found to have groped an underage trafficking victim during one of their ‘rescues’. This was caught on tape.

Can you link somewhere where they talk about this because my coworkers have been fawning over this movie and it's really annoying

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Heath posted:

Can you link somewhere where they talk about this because my coworkers have been fawning over this movie and it's really annoying
Here’s the one about the leader-

https://twitter.com/timmarchman/status/1703833279353295292?s=20

Then this is the other guy who was found to have groped someone

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1704252412889035200?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Merlan has been reporting on OUR for like 5 years, well before the movie poo poo. She's a good follow on it.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
"Climate change is just a door to a new social paradigm" certainly is a take

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Larry Cum Free posted:

Yeah I also don't understand words.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Larry Cum Free posted:

The new social paradigm is Mad Max hth

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the child purchaser? Really?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

the child purchaser? Really?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, I know that the world has always been ending, but we are actually looking at global ecological disaster in an environment where civilizational collapse is probably irrecoverable because we already mined out all the mineral deposits that a preindustrial society would be able to access. Nuclear war is also something we almost certainly can't come back from.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Heath posted:

What kills me is that it took exactly one unverified accusation of him saying "nice tits" to a 17 year old to get him to pull up stakes and vanish forever, while we still have to deal with sexual assault elementals like Trump and Biden walking around and getting elected President

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, as far as I know, the evidence against Virgil was an accusation by an anonymous account, which posted screenshots so blurry they were totally illegible. It's very funny that the only damning part of the accusation was his reaction to it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cosmik Slop posted:

What kills me is that it took exactly one unverified accusation of him saying "nice tits" to a 17 year old to get him to pull up stakes and vanish forever, while we still have to deal with sexual assault elementals like Trump and Biden walking around and getting elected President

iirc it was a super poorly backed up claim too, like there were zero receipts. I honestly kinda think that accusation could easily have been bullshit, but when somebody told Virgil there was an accusation that he had DMed a 16 year old he pulled one of these

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021
Virgil is truly the Keyser Söze of podcasting (I mean he made the sex pest accusations against him worse with his response).

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, as far as I know, the evidence against Virgil was an accusation by an anonymous account, which posted screenshots so blurry they were totally illegible. It's very funny that the only damning part of the accusation was his reaction to it.
it must have been Virgil himself wanting to go on a long vacation and collect that lib money from the brie pod

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

iirc it was a super poorly backed up claim too, like there were zero receipts. I honestly kinda think that accusation could easily have been bullshit, but when somebody told Virgil there was an accusation that he had DMed a 16 year old he pulled one of these

It's that apocryphal story about Arthur Conan Doyle sending a bunch of his friends a telegram that said "Flee! They know everything!" and one of them disappeared without a trace.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Well y’know, you get into a new podcast with someone and you realize that it sucks and you hate doing it so you vape the whole time your partner asks mitch mcconnell if he’s secretly a decent human being, and someone makes a fake screenshot of you asking a kid for nudes and you’re thinking “good thing that isn’t a screenshot of those times I actually did that, but I clearly need a break.”

He was on Chapo like three times in the year before he went to bad faith, right? I know there were a couple beltway garage episodes before he left.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah he had bailed with little communication well before the accusations. That's probably part of why he has no shooters.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Halloween Jack posted:

They weren't blurry, they were just specious. It wasn't clear exactly what her age was when contact was initiated, let alone how old she was when he started hitting on her, or to what extent he was hitting on her. She had some conflicting dates, and I think the impetus for their discussion in the first place was her reaching out to him about an essay she wrote about, specifically, being 16 and turning 17 and how that transition affected her. Much of it only seemed to establish that they had exchanged emails and had at least some kind of quasi-professional communication. All of this came from a (I think) brand new Twitter account that someone pointed out had a kind of suspicious and referential name (I forget what exactly, it's mentioned earlier in this thread.) Accusations of this sort had been made against him before but they were known to be from bad actors trying to entrap him, so there was even more reason to doubt the veracity of any of the claims. It was also kind of suspiciously perfect -- screenshots of him saying the classic "you're very smart for your age" cliché line that's ripe for mockery. The subject of their establishing contact being an essay that would seem to firmly establish her as underage seemed rather convenient to the accusation as well. It was all very questionable and probably could've been avoided by either ignoring it or being like "nah this isn't true."

However.

Basically immediately in the wake of the accusations he just completely loving vanished with no explanation, denial or admittance of any wrongdoing and has been radio silent ever since. We will probably never get an explanation unless someone who knows pipes up. The fact that basically any denial to the shakiness of it (and the subsequent total disappearance of the person who accused him, apparently demanding no further justice than making him unpopular) could have been deflected so easily and he just loving vanished is ten times more damning than anything he was alleged to have done.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad the thread has finally let the brain rot in enough to start Virgil revisionism.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Heath posted:

Basically immediately in the wake of the accusations he just completely loving vanished with no explanation, denial or admittance of any wrongdoing and has been radio silent ever since. We will probably never get an explanation unless someone who knows pipes up. The fact that basically any denial to the shakiness of it (and the subsequent total disappearance of the person who accused him, apparently demanding no further justice than making him unpopular) could have been deflected so easily and he just loving vanished is ten times more damning than anything he was alleged to have done.

yeah, his reaction has always said to me that he wanted to avoid a deep dive into this and that there were other more credible victims.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Heath posted:

They weren't blurry, they were just specious. It wasn't clear exactly what her age was when contact was initiated, let alone how old she was when he started hitting on her, or to what extent he was hitting on her. She had some conflicting dates, and I think the impetus for their discussion in the first place was her reaching out to him about an essay she wrote about, specifically, being 16 and turning 17 and how that transition affected her. Much of it only seemed to establish that they had exchanged emails and had at least some kind of quasi-professional communication. All of this came from a (I think) brand new Twitter account that someone pointed out had a kind of suspicious and referential name (I forget what exactly, it's mentioned earlier in this thread.) Accusations of this sort had been made against him before but they were known to be from bad actors trying to entrap him, so there was even more reason to doubt the veracity of any of the claims. It was also kind of suspiciously perfect -- screenshots of him saying the classic "you're very smart for your age" cliché line that's ripe for mockery. The subject of their establishing contact being an essay that would seem to firmly establish her as underage seemed rather convenient to the accusation as well. It was all very questionable and probably could've been avoided by either ignoring it or being like "nah this isn't true."

However.

also possible he realized political podcast fans are horrible mutants and made his decision to loving dip.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Chakan posted:

He was on Chapo like three times in the year before he went to bad faith, right? I know there were a couple beltway garage episodes before he left.
He vanished for months after Bernie lost, apparently ghosting his cohosts as well. At some point he sent them a statement to be read on-air, which they refused to do. He returned for a few more episodes, then vanished when the accusation was made in mid-2021.

Heath posted:

All of this came from a (I think) brand new Twitter account that someone pointed out had a kind of suspicious and referential name (I forget what exactly, it's mentioned earlier in this thread.)
The account was @JenniferSeberg, who claimed that they chose the name because Virgil had recommended a book which was adapted into a movie starring Jean Seberg. Jean Seberg starred in over a dozen adaptations, so I'm just going to assume the novel was Airport!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I still want to know what the thing said that he gave them which the other guys refused to read on an episode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

He vanished for months after Bernie lost, apparently ghosting his cohosts as well. At some point he sent them a statement to be read on-air, which they refused to do. He returned for a few more episodes, then vanished when the accusation was made in mid-2021.

He officially quit Chapo to do Bad Faith a few months before the accusations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Cosmik Slop posted:

They don't pretend to not be misogynists so they have less face to lose

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm glad the thread has finally let the brain rot in enough to start Virgil revisionism.
goons are on the case

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Lots of people in this thread don't seem to enjoy Chapo's House.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Kenning posted:

Lots of people in this thread don't seem to enjoy Chapo's House.

It's a fine place to be op.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You think that's something, you should check out my fanfiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

matt just posted his final cushvlog before paternity leave

it’d be cool if they had brendan on to fill in on chapo while he’s out