Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are the klues on the final invasion map working properly? One of them was KCIRT TAH so I thought all right, that's clearly Kung Lao. So I picked him in character select and completed the fight, but the path didn't open. Then I tried again it with Raiden and even Ashrah, at which point I think we're squarely out of notable hat guys as far as the MK roster is concerned. Then there was another node that was "bring the element that creates life." I brought Rain with an Ice Talisman just to be sure, and still nothing. None of the other klue nodes were all that complicated so I wonder if something just isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

exquisite tea posted:

Are the klues on the final invasion map working properly? One of them was KCIRT TAH so I thought all right, that's clearly Kung Lao. So I picked him in character select and completed the fight, but the path didn't open. Then I tried again it with Raiden and even Ashrah, at which point I think we're squarely out of notable hat guys as far as the MK roster is concerned. Then there was another node that was "bring the element that creates life." I brought Rain with an Ice Talisman just to be sure, and still nothing. None of the other klue nodes were all that complicated so I wonder if something just isn't working.

Haven't gotten that far but it's probably Kung Lao Kameo's fatality not Kung Lao main character

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Billy Gnosis posted:

Haven't gotten that far but it's probably Kung Lao Kameo's fatality not Kung Lao main character

Yeah it’s this.

Related: anyone know how to do the klue that’s “flipping out”? I thought maybe it was switching stance a bunch of times, no dice.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Yeah it’s this.

Related: anyone know how to do the klue that’s “flipping out”? I thought maybe it was switching stance a bunch of times, no dice.

Oh. It was this. Just need to do it a lot more during the match.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

exquisite tea posted:

element that creates life is a mk movie reference, kitana tells to liu kang before he fights subzero. you did right bringing rain but you gotta do his fatality at the end.

there is no knowledge that is not power.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is Scorpion's Burn For Me brutality bugged or something, I cannot get that one to activate at all

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Me, on seeing Havik's return: aw geez one of my least-favorite characters from the 3d era is back, wish they'd picked someone else!
Me, upon learning he's a juggernaut style character with a no-meter armored move and a punch walk:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So I'm playing on PC and so far it runs amazingly. I was kinda worried tbh about the port, very happy so far

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

MK11 PC port was solid and MK1 is also good. Unfortunately the FB/menu screens are locked to 30fps but they eventually fixed that in MK11 so they probably will with this, too. Remember to turn off Chromatic Aberration so that everything doesn't look like a blurry mess.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

MK11 PC port was solid and MK1 is also good. Unfortunately the FB/menu screens are locked to 30fps but they eventually fixed that in MK11 so they probably will with this, too. Remember to turn off Chromatic Aberration so that everything doesn't look like a blurry mess.

There's a mod to fix the framerate just like at the launch of MK11 but it was made with the prerelease version and I think it needs to be updated because it made Reptile's face get smushed in.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

man nurse posted:

Yeah it’s this.

It’s swap stance w/o getting hit about 30 times. I unlocked it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

When I am doing a special move enhanced, should I be holding down the trigger, or tapping them all at once?

Not going to lie, an xbone controller is a little tricky to play this on, should I swap in a ps4 one instead?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's a little tricky. You want to start squeezing the R2 trigger before hitting the button so that they land at the same time for the EX. I preferred when it was on R1 but that's obviously reserved for kameos now. You can also just spam R2 and that usually gets it to come out. Remember that MK is a negative edge game by default and you probably want to disable that.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gavok posted:

Just want to point out the best pre-fight dialogue from the datamining stuff:

Peacemaker: Aquaman? The Deep? What's with all the fish fuckers?!
Homelander: I really have no idea.
Oh God, it makes so much sense that they'd get along.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

It's a little tricky. You want to start squeezing the R2 trigger before hitting the button so that they land at the same time for the EX. I preferred when it was on R1 but that's obviously reserved for kameos now. You can also just spam R2 and that usually gets it to come out. Remember that MK is a negative edge game by default and you probably want to disable that.

Oh my god THANK you

Couldn't even do back/ forward at first

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SonicFox biting BlindWarriorSven's steez while destroying Waka Flocka Flame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8Z7-ftWPU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
disappointed there is no "You Can't See Me" line from Homelander to Kenshi in the files

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Game keeps crashing on PC, I even turned the graphics all the way down and it still crashes after like one match :negative:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Regrettable posted:

There's a mod to fix the framerate just like at the launch of MK11 but it was made with the prerelease version and I think it needs to be updated because it made Reptile's face get smushed in.

I'm just imagining fatalities now with 500% facial animations

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

Game keeps crashing on PC, I even turned the graphics all the way down and it still crashes after like one match :negative:

I definitely meet the minimum system requirements, too. 1070 might be a tad on the weak side but it requires a 980 so it should be good, no? I don't think this game looks significantly different from MK11 which ran just fine

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

Oh God, it makes so much sense that they'd get along.

Honestly, that's the only Homelander intro where he is remotely chill.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I believe I have pinpointed what causes the crash, it's the changing levels in the background during the stage select screen. I have no idea how to fix it though.

EDIT: If I put the game on absolute toaster settings it runs great and the game doesn't crash. Graphics aren't everything, but man it's rough to play with everything looking like a spruced-up version of that Reboot cartoon from the mid-90s. My PC's like seven years old at this point so it's probably time to upgrade but I'm still gonna hope there's some kind of possibility for a patch to make things a bit more efficient so I can up the graphics a little

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 20, 2023

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I was getting pissed that I didn't have my five kameos unlocked until I realized you actually have to earn these and the five in the pack are later on.

Holy poo poo my brain is broken from years of just paying for unlocks. Good on Netherrealm for having at least something unlockable.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Good news, you can pay for the locked ones too! :v:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Good news, you can pay for the locked ones too! :v:

I don't mind this

Being able to unlock things but also pay for them is fine for me

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't mind this

Being able to unlock things but also pay for them is fine for me

The price is pretty egregious, especially considering you unlock a kameo for every 5 levels you gain. You'll have them all by level 25.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Regrettable posted:

The price is pretty egregious, especially considering you unlock a kameo for every 5 levels you gain. You'll have them all by level 25.

It's not really for normal players. It's for tournament organizers who need to unlock all that on 10+ systems.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

TulliusCicero posted:

So I'm playing on PC and so far it runs amazingly. I was kinda worried tbh about the port, very happy so far

There was a patch yesterday that apparently added an HDR toggle (I'd swear it was not present in the menu before), amongst probably other things. I'd guess it was the console day 1 patch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wanderer posted:

It's not really for normal players. It's for tournament organizers who need to unlock all that on 10+ systems.

Get this: what if it was, like, a button command, instead of $20

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I didn't think Shao was going to be a character for me in this, but gently caress me is he fun

Big Dumb ungabunga axe with command throw strings and then a stance switch? Yes please :allears:

Raiden is fun in this too honestly. Still wrapping my head around Rain, he's kind of bonkers.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Almost done with the story mode. Last chapter I think.

I had rock bottom expectations for this, and though I don't know how it'll be competitively, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. I only bought it on the basis of the comprehensive accessibility options. And they're excellent. Other than the screen reader having an utterly horrendous voice and not being able to adjust the speech rate at all

And Raiden is good again. That's weird.

Haven't gotten to test her out but Tanya seems like my type of character, absent Jade. Glad that style of play has some representation. Shang is pretty dope in this too. Will also probably give Rain a go too.

Very glad to be wrong about the quality of the game because I really expected it to be lovely.

I don't give a drat about plot particulars at all but drat the story gets really incredibly stupid by the end though.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
they need to add a LAUGH TRACK, BOO, JEERING and AWWW buttons to mk1's story mode

i'm 2 hours in to the 10 hour(?) story mode movie

holy poo poo is it long

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I started invasions, got to the first thing with a clue, and was deeply confused because while I could unscramble the simple motherfucker easily enough, DESTROY THE WORLD seemed so vague that I didn't understand what the game wanted me to do. Wreck up the stage? There are no interactables! So I looked up the solution, and... oh. I was way overthinking it. Use the move that literally destroys the world, got it. My fault, really.

Also I'm doing so many unintentional Brutalities. I like to throw uppercuts!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Floor is lava posted:

they need to add a LAUGH TRACK, BOO, JEERING and AWWW buttons to mk1's story mode

holy poo poo is it long

Eh, it ain't quite that long. I'm 2 and a half hours in and I just got the achievement for 50% story completion.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Floor is lava posted:

holy poo poo is it long

It's more like 5-6

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

I started invasions, got to the first thing with a clue, and was deeply confused because while I could unscramble the simple motherfucker easily enough, DESTROY THE WORLD seemed so vague that I didn't understand what the game wanted me to do. Wreck up the stage? There are no interactables! So I looked up the solution, and... oh. I was way overthinking it. Use the move that literally destroys the world, got it. My fault, really.

Also I'm doing so many unintentional Brutalities. I like to throw uppercuts!

This is so weird because the blow up the world fatality makes way more sense as a solution but my stupid rear end interpreted it to mean “destroy the tables and chairs and poo poo in the background” which I did by rolling around as reptile. And it worked, it cleared the path for me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

man nurse posted:

This is so weird because the blow up the world fatality makes way more sense as a solution but my stupid rear end interpreted it to mean “destroy the tables and chairs and poo poo in the background” which I did by rolling around as reptile. And it worked, it cleared the path for me.
What? Goddammit! That's how I interpreted it too, but I just couldn't figure out how to do that!

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe I'm just a fighting game scrub but the tooltip that suggests you always block down and then release it to block up if you see a standing hit coming was something I wish I would have seen years ago.

wtf

I have no idea why that trick never occurred to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/16nh5iw/how_to_unlock_johnnys_roomba_talisman/

Very funny