Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1704450362701119726

I too, wouldn't want to be Elon Musk. But that's personally because I don't want to be an idiot manchild.

lol the man is a cancer on humanity and thankfully nothing much of consequence depends on his sorry, divorced rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So what's actually happening with Neurolink thing. It seems they've applied for human testing?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's no longer satisfied with the blood of monkeys and children

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I dunno I'm super interested in Neuralink. It seems like a cool technology.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I too, wouldn't want to be Elon Musk. But that's personally because I don't want to be an idiot manchild.

Those "Elon's gonna kill himself lol" rumors are starting to gain credulity.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hollismason posted:

So what's actually happening with Neurolink thing. It seems they've applied for human testing?

Don't worry, they'll only test it on terminally ill hairless apes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

" It seems like a cool technology" is incidentally also the full scope of musk's insight into Neuralink.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Tell you what, then, Elon.

Well switch places. You give me billions, ownership of Tesla, SpaceX and not-twitter. You can be a 9-5 computer toucher.

God I would love to personally ban trump, Matt Walsh, that terrorist lady and many other fascists.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I dunno I mean as far as technological advances go I think that Neuralink is kind of a step toward the future. Being able to cure all those ailments such as blindness etc.. is pretty signficant.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

You know Erdogan slamming Musk with "Where's your wife" cut him to the core so it's pity party time.

is that the time he also had his fashion accessory kid?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Looks like he really loves the hands in steeple position pose. Someone should tell him about the "adjusting your shirt cuff" pose to mix it up a bit.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I mean, Musk moving on to killing disabled individuals to push forward his "science" is on brand.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
larry already fuckin hated him anyway for having a hair transplant

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

This dude is so loving wierd and pathetic

OH WOAH IS ME, I'M THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD AND I AM SO PITIABLE!

Motherfucker just go make the Enterprise if you want, stop wasting government funds on your garbage rockets, you have billions of dollars. Build a holodeck in real life and live there. Cure cancer and solve world hunger.

loving whiny little brat bitching on Social media every hour

And on top of that, just endless conversations between him and his socks to go "lol nice" to all of his posts and then cheer himself up and tell he himself how great he is?

What a loving clown

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Hollismason posted:

I dunno I mean as far as technological advances go I think that Neuralink is kind of a step toward the future. Being able to cure all those ailments such as blindness etc.. is pretty signficant.

Neuralink doesn't cure anything. It kills you.

Someday a brain computer interface will happen but it's not coming out of a Musk grift. Same as how the future isn't all 100% Tesla cars.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

what specifically about the actual technology as it exists in reality right now is cool?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

The insanity of the elon death truthers would set a whole new level of insane conspiracy theorist

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nine-gear crow posted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mozi posted:

what specifically about the actual technology as it exists in reality right now is cool?

Just like you know stuff.

It seems interesting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i wonder if musk even remembers about the Larry David encounter? like he would be posting mad that a funnyman bashed him, but he probably thought it was a soem genric bald white guy.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Genuinely believing in Noblesse Oblige in TYOOL 2023 is loving wild.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he could also find hobbies or even fandoms or other communities and just take a break, like gently caress my brain almost rotted from politics and work and it got ways better when i stopped frying my brain on doom twitter and various discords. most of my politics now is from GBS and chiller discords and i am much healthier from it. musk just fries his brain with K and nazi poo poo. he is rich enough to have any weird hobby he wanted.

he can’t do any of that. he’s a narcissist that’s succumbed to audience capture

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aramis posted:

Genuinely believing in Noblesse Oblige in TYOOL 2023 is loving wild.

Just wait till he discovers prima nocta

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
if we can just get these birth rates up, it won't matter how many test subjects we murder

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

In 2011, one of my university professors was semi-famous for having had a chip put in his arm that let him remotely control a robot arm. That was kind of cool and I can see how that might have applications and uses. The robot arm looked kind of slow-moving and unresponsive, but you know, that's a regular old robotics problem and that's always improving. I'm not aware of Neuralink having got even that far without murdering a monkey every time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hollismason posted:

and as we all know, elon always delivers on his seemingly impossibly futuristic promises. now if you don't mind im gonna take the hyperloop to get to ohare airport in 5 minutrs or whatever that chicago paid for like a decade ago

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Neural Ink is cool. That's when you get a tattoo on your brain

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Hollismason posted:

No, Elon is a moron who thinks he is like developing an ethernet jack for the brain when brain science is extremely immature and we don't even know if we can do much more than we can now.

What we do know is some electric signals are correlated with some things and can be used as rudimentary control mechanisms, other companies are doing this and are much further along an Neuralink.

Basically it's the same idiot thought that Elon has with self-driving cars, Elon thinks that brains are wet computers, that neurons are basically biological computer networks that can be tapped into electrically and that a sufficiently large and trained computer neural network will function the same as a human brains.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if neuralink is anything like hyperloop, it exists solely to steal funding from legitimate medical research while never reaching any stage beyond "barely not vaporware prototypes"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

It's a really inefficient way to kill monkeys by giving them brain infections because you left open holes in their head.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

This dude is so loving wierd and pathetic

OH WOAH IS ME, I'M THE RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD AND I AM SO PITIABLE!

Motherfucker just go make the Enterprise if you want, stop wasting government funds on your garbage rockets, you have billions of dollars. Build a holodeck in real life and live there. Cure cancer and solve world hunger.

loving whiny little brat bitching on Social media every hour

And on top of that, just endless conversations between him and his socks to go "lol nice" to all of his posts and then cheer himself up and tell he himself how great he is?

What a loving clown

Musk could be beloved for spending so little of his money. He promised to fix Flint Michigan's water, he didn't. He said that if someone showed how just a few billions of dollars of his money could temporarily end world hunger, he'd do it, and when someone showed him a plan, he didn't go through with it.

Lord only knows where his money is actually going when it comes to charitable endeavors. Is there a charity for "ENSURE THE FUTURE OF THE WHITE RACE" currently?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

crispix posted:

lol the man is a cancer on humanity and thankfully nothing much of consequence depends on his sorry, divorced rear end

Except the fact that the modern Internet has become so centralized it's just four sites reposting screenshots of the other 3 sites... and musk bought one of them on a whim.

Dude basically took a huge bite out of cyberspace like a ReBoot villain.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Still goddamned flabbergasted that somehow elon became the literal embodiment of the antagonist Veppers from Iain M. Banks' Surface Detail, given the fact that it's Grimes' favorite novel and he was trying to impress her constantly by miming his stuff and all that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk could be beloved for spending so little of his money. He promised to fix Flint Michigan's water, he didn't. He said that if someone showed how just a few billions of dollars of his money could temporarily end world hunger, he'd do it, and when someone showed him a plan, he didn't go through with it.

Lord only knows where his money is actually going when it comes to charitable endeavors. Is there a charity for "ENSURE THE FUTURE OF THE WHITE RACE" currently?

The GOP?

Russian State?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon has many regretted user seconds

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Thinking on it, Elom's "The test monkeys were terminal when we murdered them" argument really bothers me, and I think it's because it is the argument he plans to use on the human test murders. There's tons of ways to justify the monkey. Like a regrettable step in the medical and technological process. It's bullshit, but it makes more sense when justifying medical testing on animals.

In his mind the argument works for people. That, sure people died but they were terminally ill (or kinda disabled), so it is ok. He's going to get vulnerable people killed and he will absolutely use the "terminal anyway" argument.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

elon is terminally online, i'm afraid the time has come to put him out of his misery :(

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not in favor of brain computer interfaces. For our dumbass species to survive beyond the current century, we don't need more technology that conmen like Musk promise will be the One Thing That Creates Utopia; we need to make certain decisions about how to organize our society so that everyone can succeed and so that we're not polluting the one planet we have. I'm very skeptical of any easy tech solution - not just Neuralink, which is an obvious scam - to humanity's long-term problems.

Or to put a slightly finer point on it: I don't want to be a Borg. I value my individuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Everyone including elon would be better off if he just admitted to being an awful rich nerd that wants to make anime real instead of pretending to be an engineer that wants to help people with stuff that actually works