Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Darthemed posted:

I think you might have comments locked on the list, but https://boxd.it/72yW is the sequel to The Invisible Man Appears. Well, loose sequel, in the way that most of the Invisible [Noun] films are barely connected.

Update and added, thanks! I totally forgot about that one and I've wanted to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saw X tickets bought :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CelticPredator posted:

Universals haunted houses are the highlight of every year for me. They’re just so detailed and fun. Not remotely scary though

I was going to say "Yeah I went to it once and it ruled, been a few years though". Then I realized when I went the theme was People Under the Stairs so "a few years" is putting it lightly

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Universal Horror Nights always looks so cool and creative. I watched some walk throughs and the US house that year looked so great. They made something really cool out of nothing with The Weeknd house. Shame it’s so far away but one year I’ll make it there.

Closest one for me is Six Flag Fright Fest which is….significantly cheaper. But still a fun time, I should go this year.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

on Long Island we have the Bayville theme park—which I’m not sure has a name beyond “Bayville Theme Park”—transforming into the Bayville Scream Park, with like four haunted houses. but I’m not much of a HHhead due to my preference for a frisson of dread over getting jarringly jump scared. (I’d go with friends though!)

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Here in Minnesota we have a theme park called Valleyfair that would turn into ValleySCARE in October, and it was always fun with multiple haunted houses and lots of decorations. People in costumes would roam the park scaring the guests.

Now they do Valleyfair Tricks and Treats which is a much tamer, family-friendly event. As always, the change was blamed on unruly teens

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I should say that the Mall of America opened a haunted house for the first time this year, I'm definitely going to check it out

https://www.americanmonsters.com/

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/dreadcentral/status/1704484120657531270?s=46

One more time for hell house?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
After the 3rd one? Really?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
At some point I'd probably stop going to haunted houses.

But then again, Camp Crystal Lake should have been closed about 50 times.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

After the 3rd one? Really?

Seems to be one of those situations where all three of them were written and directed by this one guy, Stephen Cognetti. And of course this is like his meal ticket at this point, he's never done anything else so he'll probably keep making them until a better opportunity comes along, which may never happen.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Basebf555 posted:

Seems to be one of those situations where all three of them were written and directed by this one guy, Stephen Cognetti. And of course this is like his meal ticket at this point, he's never done anything else so he'll probably keep making them until a better opportunity comes along, which may never happen.

Like Vin Diesel and the Fast and Furious movies

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Deadite posted:

Like Vin Diesel and the Fast and Furious movies

Well obviously Vin has hundreds of millions of dollars and can walk away at any time if he wanted to. With this guy it's more like "do I want to gently caress off and get a real job or do I want to just make another Hellhouse LLC sequel?"

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Yeah I'm just taking a shot at Vin Diesel for letting the F&F movies become the only thing he has left of a pretty successful career. I can't think of the last time he starred in a movie that wasn't a sequel.

It's still a career I'd trade my own for

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dorium posted:

One more time for hell house?

Yeah, sure. Why not?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I live in Western PA, I've got Kennywood Phantom Fright Nights as my major haunted attraction but we also have Hundred Acre Manor and The Scarehouse which are absolutely incredible. Hundred Acre Manor is on par or above anything I've done at Universal; just completely wild set design and costumes. Scarehouse used to be on par with that but I haven't gone in a few years.

I think we have so many local artists who graduated from Tom Savini's school that even the smallest haunt here is still really good.

I will watch this even though I really didn't like 2 or 3 at all. That first one was just so good.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Tubi has plenty of bandwidth, gimme as many Hell Houses as they wanna make.

Hell House-boat
Hell Air BnB
Hell RV
Hell House in Space

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

But then again, Camp Crystal Lake should have been closed about 50 times.

They renamed it Camp Forest Green, what more could they have done?!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

A Fancy Hat posted:

I live in Western PA, I've got Kennywood Phantom Fright Nights as my major haunted attraction but we also have Hundred Acre Manor and The Scarehouse which are absolutely incredible. Hundred Acre Manor is on par or above anything I've done at Universal; just completely wild set design and costumes. Scarehouse used to be on par with that but I haven't gone in a few years.

Out here in Eastern PA, we have Pennhurst Asylum which does haunted spooky stuff every fall. I need to check that out at some point but my wife refuses to go.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Count Thrashula posted:

Out here in Eastern PA, we have Pennhurst Asylum which does haunted spooky stuff every fall. I need to check that out at some point but my wife refuses to go.

You have Eastern State Penitentiary too, right? I've wanted to check that out for a very long time

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I did that twice, it's cool. First time I went drat near everyone in line was drunk, but somehow didn't cause an issue.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WeaponX posted:

Universal Horror Nights always looks so cool and creative. I watched some walk throughs and the US house that year looked so great. They made something really cool out of nothing with The Weeknd house. Shame it’s so far away but one year I’ll make it there.

Closest one for me is Six Flag Fright Fest which is….significantly cheaper. But still a fun time, I should go this year.

Same. I don’t know if Fright Fest really fell off hard or I just got old. Big ups to the guy who posts the hi def walkthroughs of Horror Nights every year though. Doing that set design is a dream job pf mine.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WeaponX posted:

Tubi has plenty of bandwidth, gimme as many Hell Houses as they wanna make.

Hell House-boat
Hell Air BnB
Hell RV
Hell House in Space

La Casa 8: House 4: Hell House LLC 5: The Quickening

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Houses That October Built is Hell RV.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Deadite posted:

You have Eastern State Penitentiary too, right? I've wanted to check that out for a very long time

There's also Lincoln Mill, which had its first run in 2022. I love having a dedicated haunted house within walking distance.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Deadite posted:

What? I thought ESP was shut down for good. I got the chance to do it once and I really miss it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I never really understood Eastern State's haunted house thing even though it's huge. The building is already extremely hosed and unsettling, you don't need to cover it in fake cobwebs and have people dressed in lovely clown costumes jump out, just do unnerving night tours with the lights dimmed.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Halloween Jack posted:

What? I thought ESP was shut down for good. I got the chance to do it once and I really miss it.

Nah they're still doing their thing

https://easternstate.org/halloween/

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Baron von Eevl posted:

I never really understood Eastern State's haunted house thing even though it's huge. The building is already extremely hosed and unsettling, you don't need to cover it in fake cobwebs and have people dressed in lovely clown costumes jump out, just do unnerving night tours with the lights dimmed.

Gets people in the door.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

As someone who is secretly extremely old on the inside, I wish there were more haunted houses that were just “here is a cool old building with creepy stories about it”. I don’t want some rando in a rubber mask to jump at me ; that’s startling at absolute best, more likely just annoying, and certainly not spooky.

There’s one near me that’s basically just a local historical society with a donation basket and some cider donuts. You give them some cash, sip something warm and they tell you about some of the more interesting local homicides from 300 years ago. It loving rules.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Xiahou Dun posted:

There’s one near me that’s basically just a local historical society with a donation basket and some cider donuts. You give them some cash, sip something warm and they tell you about some of the more interesting local homicides from 300 years ago. It loving rules.
This is the kind I've always wanted to visit, it sounds great

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think we have so many local artists who graduated from Tom Savini's school that even the smallest haunt here is still really good.

I will watch this even though I really didn't like 2 or 3 at all. That first one was just so good.

Yeah I really didnt like Part 2, but 3 brought it back up in quality, but not as high quality as 1. I hope this one maybe will close it out? who knows.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I don't want to live in a world where there's this many more hell houses than unfriendeds
Shame!! Shame!!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We went on a ghost tour hoping for spooky stories and unbeknownst to us it was actually the "adults-only" ghost tour where the guide was going on about how she channels the spirit of the madame that ran an old brothel, and then passed out homemade merkins as a souvenir, and told the story of the ghost of Ben Franklin's rank-rear end farts.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

We went on a ghost tour hoping for spooky stories and unbeknownst to us it was actually the "adults-only" ghost tour where the guide was going on about how she channels the spirit of the madame that ran an old brothel, and then passed out homemade merkins as a souvenir, and told the story of the ghost of Ben Franklin's rank-rear end farts.

Question: could you say whatever the HELL you wanted?

Follow-up question: not trying to be funny, not trying to get a laugh, don't want anybody to have the worst day of their job, but did any of those fuckers ever blast out of the wall and have like a huge cumshot?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Follow-up question: not trying to be funny, not trying to get a laugh, don't want anybody to have the worst day of their job, but did any of those fuckers ever blast out of the wall and have like a huge cumshot?

This post has some truly chaotic content-avatar interaction.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

Come to the UK, we have this practically every night of the week in some cities if the weather is good enough.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Baron von Eevl posted:

These are the worst. When I lived in Salem my in-laws wanted to go on a ghost tour and the tour guide spent the entire tour talking about how she's "sensitive" and telling us about the presences she's felt at different parts of the town. It was such a letdown

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I honestly thought op was going to go right into this, was pleasantly surprised to get a merkin story instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

As someone who is secretly extremely old on the inside, I wish there were more haunted houses that were just “here is a cool old building with creepy stories about it”. I don’t want some rando in a rubber mask to jump at me ; that’s startling at absolute best, more likely just annoying, and certainly not spooky.

Yeah those are cool, I've been on a few with my wife and they're an ok-to-fun way to spend an evening walking around and being shown "here's where someone got really cold in the basement once, here's an old hotel where people get real nervous in the halls sometimes, this apartment building was once a flophouse where people died"

Unfortunately Western Canada is really new in terms of permanent structures, so all that only goes so far. And it's not like the local treaty nations get to come in and go around people's houses and poo poo going "This is where one of us got ate by a bear, on this spot a dozen Stoney got trampled by buffalo, here's where your government systematically violated our treaty rights"

Which reminds me, I should get to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump sometime