Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I hate the constant moving of the goalposts where one second they'll be like "it wasn't technically illegal so this person should be exempt from any and all consequences of their scumbag behavior!" and then turn around the next second and call for boycotts because of a gay couple appearing in a commercial or a minority actor being cast in a movie or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I'm getting my 3D printer back this weekend and need suggestions.

what would be the physical plastic incarnation of obamna?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

WarMECH posted:

conservatives always go full in with the slippery slope statements as well

most people hear "relaxed dress code" and think "no tie and sensible shoes" but conservatives are all "ERYONE GONNA BE WEARING THONGS AND FOOTBALL HELMETS ON TEH SENATE FLOOOOORRR A BLUUUUU BLUUUUUUU"

look buddy this is america if u wanna make the laws u gotta wear a tie and a gun to work

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm getting my 3D printer back this weekend and need suggestions.

what would be the physical plastic incarnation of obamna?

a uav

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Greg Legg posted:

lolol before interviewing for my current job every interview was pretty much them asking me if I wanted the position or not. Even the superintendent here just asked me if I was vaccinated. That was it.

Lmao that question is a loving minefield, too.

Latest I've heard from my would be boss was like yeah we are pretty chill you can start at 9am if you want please work here

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It does seem like we'll get along, though.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

"why do you want to work here" is the worst interview question of all of them. i loving hate all "tell me a time" questions too

i'm using loving chatgpt here to interpret some of the prep points i managed to get from the recruiter and make up some sample questions i could theoretically get, making up and verbally talking out answers on the chance i get asked anything similar. it's actually happened once already. but this is what interviewing is now.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I never thought the leopards would grab my pussy!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

I recall reading about how that eye shape is caused by the fetus absorbing alcohol in utero.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
was thinking about having a steak, i haven't cooked and eaten a steak in a long assed time so i was like "lemme go to my lil ol' spot for a nice god damned steak" and no... NO!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how long do you think he practiced that pose

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

smarxist posted:

was thinking about having a steak, i haven't cooked and eaten a steak in a long assed time so i was like "lemme go to my lil ol' spot for a nice god damned steak" and no... NO!!

plinkey noo

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
I don't think Trump is capable of 'practicing' for something lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

I hate the constant moving of the goalposts where one second they'll be like "it wasn't technically illegal so this person should be exempt from any and all consequences of their scumbag behavior!" and then turn around the next second and call for boycotts because of a gay couple appearing in a commercial or a minority actor being cast in a movie or whatever.

I know a lot of trans women and I don't see any of them hanging around high school girls in an effort to get sex

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I mean not to put too fine a point on it but if you are a trans woman and the only thing you want is to get laid in a hurry it is, um, not exactly difficult

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

let's all send Smarxist meat. anybody got his address?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

i dunno, i could do a trumpogre

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

careful lipzie

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

He’s pissing and pooping in his diaper

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/shl0ms/status/1703929328872906860?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/shl0ms/status/1704281406686302287?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lpzie posted:

let's all send Smarxist meat. anybody got his address?

so mods are just gonna let this attempted doxxing slide?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

so mods are just gonna let this attempted Loxxing slide?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s cool how that pvc pipe sounded like a bass

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Isn't it supposed to be "furrowed brow" and not "burrowed brow"? The former means that the person is squinching up their forehead, while the latter means that some kinds of parasites have tunneled into the forehead leaving tell-tale holes. Maybe the posted image isn't high-enough resolution to clarify.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think the election just isn't going to ever happen at this rate

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

triple sulk posted:

it's really frustrating. i already had a good convo w/the hiring manager and then i think a decent to good one with some product people. i get wanting devs involved to the extent of having prospective coworkers meet each other, but i feel like there's not a ton of new or novel things to cover. i also can't get any answer on if something is supposed to happen after this so i'm worried it'll be either come c-suite meeting and/or a whole portfolio deep dive which hasn't totally happened, or even some whiteboarding or an assignment and then i'm going to be annoyed. this assumes i get through this one.

i just feel like by this point it should be obvious whether i'm half competent and ok to work with. almost every single process is like this now. the only ones that don't and take like a week are at startups that actually wants to hire, and it's very refreshing, but then they want a unicorn and i'm not that so i don't get the job.

yeah, i hate that stuff. that really sucks you dont know what you need to do next, that's stressful.

i agree, like, i don't get what people get out of going over all of your portfolio, or hammering you with interview after interview. like, at some point, what are they getting that they didn't already know? like, "cool, we see you did work, and you finished work," and "wow, you sure know the words and work associated with our work, and you can demonstrate basic sociability." like, you could be someone with an impressive portfolio, but only really touched the surface of a lot of things, and can talk enough to sound convincing. like, a real imposter. from their perspective, not knowing that, what then do they get out of such a narrow focus?

maybe the idea is to increase the likelihood you could have more, like, idk, tools in your toolkit, or whatever.. but so could anyone if they do what you've already showed, like competence, that you're curious enough to try new things and that you've finished projects. idk, with the resources and time they pour into finding the "perfect" candidate, it seems like they'd get a v similar end result with just hiring someone that seems good after one or two interviews and getting it over with. like, they still gotta work with you, they still need to get things from you and talk to you, and what in the hiring process can predict that will go well over time? if anything, the context of an interview where it's just you making a good impression works against predicting that at all.

anyway. i want to quit my programming job but am intimidated by all of the bullshit you need to, like, demonstrate to get another one. so, i have a bias and am probably saying a lot of dumb bullshit lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Schmoe Cwead posted:

if you get lpzie perma'd with this post i'm going to kill you lol

fluff is like a loving pitbull that sees an infant about this poo poo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

euphronius posted:

it’s cool how that pvc pipe sounded like a bass

thats an old blue man group trick

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Those are both certified bangers

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

blue man group: origins

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Schmoe Cwead posted:

Yeah, It was as earnest a request as Plinky's

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

reminds me of that bit from some comedian where he goes into great detail about the differences between ephebophiles, pedophiles, etc. but then says its hard to explain this to someone without sounding like a pedophile

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I never thought the leopards would grab my pussy!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

smarxist posted:

if you get lpzie perma'd with this post i'm going to kill you lol

fluff is like a loving pitbull that sees an infant about this poo poo

i dont think ive ever seen a lpzie post thats good enough to threaten murder in fact ive never seen him make a good post