Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

New band name found.

Welcome the Cryptorchids, and their new hit sing, How's It Not Hanging?

WIBTA if I (30F) talk to my sister (33F) about how much screen time my niece and nephew are getting?

Do we count computer or phones as screen time? Because I usually tap out at a single movie or show, but the computer/phone feels more engaging.

Lol at glossing right over this part

quote:

I've tried talking to sister about concerning things in the past, like drinking nearly every day while pregnant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sever.

AITA for not wanting to work with my ex-boyfriend and forcing him to commute further

Yeah the obvious stalker has obviously moved on and isn't stalking you. You probably don't need to file a restraining order or anything.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Thanks to this thread I now know that if need be I can quickly incapacitate Americans by simply playing the Star Spangled Banner on my phone.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Only works on the ones who give a poo poo about being patriotic, which an increasingly large percentage of the younger generations do not.

Which is imo a good thing, the fuckheads with an excess of MURICA on the brain are the ones causing all the goddamn trouble! Less nationalism, please and thank you.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Only works on the ones who give a poo poo about being patriotic, which an increasingly large percentage of the younger generations do not.

Which is imo a good thing, the fuckheads with an excess of MURICA on the brain are the ones causing all the goddamn trouble! Less nationalism, please and thank you.

You might get the unpatriotic ones because they'll freeze up in confusion and start scanning the area for flags

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:hmmyes: That is fair, I had not considered that. I concede the point.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for not wanting to (22F) to travel for a year because we can’t bring our cat

quote:

My (22F) and my bfs (23M) cat is 2 years old and I love her with all my heart. I say “our cat” but she’s really mine. She’s lived with me her whole life. I have taken care of her. She loves me so much and you can really tell. She cuddles every night with me to go to sleep. I love her with my whole heart.

My bf recently came to me with the idea to travel to Australia for a year, two years from now. I loved the idea. I was completely on board and told him that I want to go however if I can’t bring my cat then I’m not doing it. Well I just found out that I can’t bring her because of the breed she is. I don’t want to go anymore. It simply is just no longer is an option for me. I told my bf this. He asked me if he applies to jobs there and gets offered one that I wouldn’t move with him. And I told him no. He then proceeded to tell me that he would break up with me at that point. He thinks I’m prioritizing the cat over my life and living experiences. I have no issue with travelling and leaving my cat for like a month (I have done that once before). But a whole year without her would break my heart. She’s basically my baby. I don’t feel like I’m really that crazy with my pet. Do I just leave my pet behind and move to Australia for a year? Or do I stand my ground and maybe only travel for a month somewhere?

AITA for choosing my cat over my bfs and my experiences in life? Or is he ta for expecting me to drop something I love so much to travel?

TLDR: bf wants to go to Australia for a year and I don’t because I can’t bring my cat. He thinks I’m crazy

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

quote:

He then proceeded to tell me that he would break up with me at that point.

willy wonka stop. don't. come back. gif

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

willy wonka stop. don't. come back. gif

Really, what’s the problem here. He cares more about traveling/moving than the relationship, she cares more about the cat than the relationship. Both of them are being clear and open about their priorities.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Crazy Cat Lady posted:

Well I just found out that I can’t bring her because of the breed she is.

This means it's definitely a serval, savannah, or otherwise partially-wild designer cat breed. One million years in the acid bath, no parole.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not wanting to (22F) to travel for a year because we can’t bring our cat

Is op bad for loving her cat? No.
Is boyfriend bad for not wanting his life to be dictated by a cat? No.

It's clear that they both have higher priorities than each other, though.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I think when you're at the point of talking about breaking up over something that's pretty likely to happen, that's a good time to call it. But no one's the rear end in a top hat here, except maybe the cat because most cats are.

e: not this one though I love him

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Biplane posted:

I believe the redditor who innocently and not at all hopefully asked his long term girlfriend if she wanted to open the relationship, just for a laugh, out of curiosity. Definitely no ulterior motives there, no sir!
Bingo!

quote:

Why does your non-blonde, non-white GF even know you like blonde white girls? Who told her this?
OP: To be completely honest I have a close friend who fits that description who I, according to my gf, flirted with once when my gf was near by. And since she was my close friend I talked about her a lot. We worked through it though.

You didn't answer my question.

OP: I’m just saying that’s how she came to that conclusion

You said she "knows" you like blonde white girls, lol, not that she "thinks you do." So she read hints you don't know you're giving off, and then you dropped a bomb on her. Sorry man, this relationship is toast.

quote:

You wanted to marry her yet you already had a coworker in mind to gently caress if your GF was ok with opening the relationship? ROFL She made the right decision to dump you

OP No I didn’t? My gf brought up the coworker

Would you have been interested in the coworker if your ex agreed to the open relationship?

OP That’s never crossed my mind.

That doesn't answer my question.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
How did she immediately know which coworker he wanted to gently caress? It's truly a mystery.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Modal Auxiliary posted:

This means it's definitely a serval, savannah, or otherwise partially-wild designer cat breed. One million years in the acid bath, no parole.

quote:

She’s a Bengal so I guess yea “problematic” idk how you get problematic tho.

So yeah, basically a mini-leopard.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Foo Diddley posted:

I (23M) brought up open relationship to gf (24F)…ended horribly

great job, duder. just magnificent fuckin work
LMAO. "I apologized profusely, told her I only want her, reassured her as much as I could" - baby, I only want you, you're the only one for me, that's why I asked if you'd be cool with me loving other people on the side.

Good Petra spine on OP"s now-ex girlfriend. She had a vision of her near future, and it involved her bf continuing to bring it up, begging, whining, and then dropping it and cheating on her anyway, and she said "gently caress this" and skipped ahead to the part where she dumps him. Attagirl.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 20, 2023

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The_Franz posted:

So yeah, basically a mini-leopard.

They are? My parents have a Bengal and that thing is the most placid cat ever.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Breed aside, I don't think she's the rear end in a top hat here. She's not picking her cat over the relationship to not want to rehome the cat for a loving year long trip to another country. Just make it a shorter loving trip jeez.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA For Cooking Steak In My House?

quote:

INFO: NTA, but I have to ask this. It's a little unclear in your post ... does the roommate object to all cooking smells or just the smell of steak? Because if it's just steak ... it might not be a terrible idea for you to appease him and just barbecue the steak outside until you can find a new place to live.

OP posted:

It's any food smells. Any meat, oven food, or even raman. If it makes a scent while it's being cooked, he doesnt like it.

quote:

NTA ---- If he can't stand the smell of cooking what does he do then for food???.

OP posted:

He legit just lives off of peanut butter, nuts, beef jerky bread, and fruit/vegetables.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Quackles posted:

quote:

It's any food smells. Any meat, oven food, or even raman. If it makes a scent while it's being cooked, he doesnt like it.

:psyduck:
That's so far into being unable to cope with normal life, I don't know how you expect to enforce it on a roommate. Go live in a therapist's office, I guess.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Cowslips Warren posted:

Breed doesn't even matter, bringing any animal to Australia is a nightmare and requires at least 2 weeks quarantine. Bloody tourists :argh:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Elblanco posted:

Breed aside, I don't think she's the rear end in a top hat here. She's not picking her cat over the relationship to not want to rehome the cat for a loving year long trip to another country. Just make it a shorter loving trip jeez.

There's also the risk that she goes along, then he decides he wants to make it permanent and she's stuck in a country a long way from home with no support network. It's a massive leap of faith that I personally couldn't in good conscience make.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I think when you're at the point of talking about breaking up over something that's pretty likely to happen, that's a good time to call it. But no one's the rear end in a top hat here, except maybe the cat because most cats are.

e: not this one though I love him

Look at baby! :3:

To my understanding, Australia & NZ are also the hardest countries to bring pets in & out of anyway. I know a couple people who moved to NZ for ~a year for work and it wasn’t realistic to bring their cats with them (so the cats stayed behind with family). Island countries have longer quarantines & restrictions regarding rabies, Aus & NZ have even more restrictions.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

My cat did the same thing when i had to take away food the night before his neuter. Ate half the loving loaf.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Crocobile posted:

Look at baby! :3:

To my understanding, Australia & NZ are also the hardest countries to bring pets in & out of anyway. I know a couple people who moved to NZ for ~a year for work and it wasn’t realistic to bring their cats with them (so the cats stayed behind with family). Island countries have longer quarantines & restrictions regarding rabies, Aus & NZ have even more restrictions.

Always think it's mental that New Zealand didn't have any land mammals until the arrival of humans in the 1200s.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Speaking of strong Petra spines...

[Final Update] OOP thinks that she shouldn’t stop her husband having an affair, her mother thinks differently

Long story with lots of updates, you can look it up yourself in r/BORUpdates, but I just wanted to highlight this bit from the final update

quote:

Yesterday he showed up at my sister’s. Puppy eyed and all, with takeouts from my favorite restaurant, flowers chocolate and ice cream (why do they always think food solves everything?). He started apologizing and saying that he loved me and that he would never hurt me. I asked him to start being honest with me, if he had feelings for her and if they’ve done something. He swore nothing happened and that he doesn’t have feelings towards her. I told him that he wasn’t honest because why would he let her in my home, knowing how much it would hurt me (and cost him) if he had no feelings for her, why risk your marriage? He couldn’t answer that more that that he didn’t think it was bad since he was secure in his feelings and in our marriage. He then admitted that he liked the attention. So you knew before she admitted it that she liked you? -Yes.

He gave me his phone and all his texts and told me to see how he never once flirted or made any advances. I don’t know, I was very sad reading and hearing all this. I told him that they disrespected me. Her last text to him is that she loved him and she would make him happier that I ever could. There was also messages with mean things about me to him and instead of confronting her he ignored her or laughed it of. When I asked him about it he apologized and said she was obviously jealous so I didn’t want to engage.
This guy's brilliant plan to win his wife back after getting all flirty with his new neighbor was to show her the text message stream where he laughed off all of times she was insulted.

Shockingly, it didn't work.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not wanting to work with my ex-boyfriend and forcing him to commute further

quote:

John figured out where I work and started going to our place regularly as a customer.

quote:

He said that he would like to work in our company, but in a branch that is about 12 miles away so that we don't work together.

quote:

A few weeks ago he asked me if my boyfriend would mind if we all happened to work together (in our team of 10 people) and I said probably yes, but it would definitely make ME uncomfortable.

quote:

John applied to our branch. The boss asked me if I wanted to work with him and I said no; but that I will refer him to a branch 12 miles away. The boss said that...if he likes him, he will recommend him elsewhere, but that he will definitely not work in our team.

quote:

I asked John why he wanted to work at our branch even though I told him it would make me uncomfortable. He replied that he thought I wasn't serious about that and that he has finally gotten over our breakup and that he plans to move to a new apartment located 15 minutes from our branch (he wants to live super close to me and my boyfriend).

Yeah, that's totally the behavior of someone who's "moved on" from the breakup :stonk: she needed a RO 2 years & 364 days ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA For Cooking Steak In My House?

You could probably get this guy in a lot of trouble by telling your utility company he messed with the gas line

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

FMguru posted:

Speaking of strong Petra spines...

[Final Update] OOP thinks that she shouldn’t stop her husband having an affair, her mother thinks differently

Long story with lots of updates, you can look it up yourself in r/BORUpdates, but I just wanted to highlight this bit from the final update

This guy's brilliant plan to win his wife back after getting all flirty with his new neighbor was to show her the text message stream where he laughed off all of times she was insulted.

Shockingly, it didn't work.

I wonder if he was too stupid to redact the message history before turning his phone over or just too dense to consider those parts incriminating.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Whorelord posted:

Arsenal (I think) played a pre-season friendly in the US and one the players nearly bursts out laughing after some jets flew over during the national anthem. Very strange thing to do, it has to be said.

"Fun" fact: part of the motivation for this comes from the military, which uses it as a practice flight for getting your plane to an exact location along a precise vector at a specific time. Which is of course a very useful skill to develop for, say, coordinating air support to a planned armor advance. :mil101:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Go live in a therapist's office, I guess.

No thanks, therapy is predicated on a base level of self-awareness and an intrinsic desire for improvement, send him to a gulag or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whorelord posted:

Arsenal (I think) played a pre-season friendly in the US and one the players nearly bursts out laughing after some jets flew over during the national anthem. Very strange thing to do, it has to be said.

Don't the Red Arrows do that in UK too?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mycelia posted:

Breed doesn't even matter, bringing any animal to Australia is a nightmare and requires at least 2 weeks quarantine. Bloody tourists :argh:

She specifies it's a bengal which means that if it's anything other than a fifth gen+, it is not legal to bring in.

For those that don't know (I didn't until I looked it up), bengals are a wild cat/domesticated hybrid. Just like any animal that is part wild, there's a lot of potential issues with them including temperament. The last thing Australia needs is someone with a bengal getting out, breeding with some feral cats, and creating cat-dingo type wild cats that further decimate the native wildlife.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

haveblue posted:

You could probably get this guy in a lot of trouble by telling your utility company he messed with the gas line

Or, you know, whoever owns the house.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Bruceski posted:

Don't the Red Arrows do that in UK too?

No, that would be considered unusual unless it was a very high profile event. The World Cup or Olympics perhaps, but they're not coming out for Accrington Stanley v Mansfield on a Saturday. They mostly do airshows and the occasional motor race like Silverstone or IoM TT.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

mycelia posted:

Doesn't Australia have a nasty feral cat situation ? I was watching some show where people hunt/trap cats for a living and one old codger was skinning them to use the fur after dispatching the cat with a bullet to the head.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

haveblue posted:

Maybe not if it's inside the house (I'm not sure on gas but a lot of places the utility's responsability ends at the connection that enters your house), but gently caress me, "Completely disconnecting the stove and hiding the burners" is top-notch nightmare behavior. OOP's roommate needs to GTFO yesterday.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Found this classic while I was looking for the comments on that one.

AITA for cooking up some steaks after a friends parents said "help yourself to whatever you want from the fridge" when I went to their house?

quote:

Hello a few months ago I went to a friends house and his parents said "help yourself to whatever you want from the fridge" and so later I went to that fridge and I saw three very nice steaks. I put them in their crock pot with some coca cola and barbeque sauce to try to make a bbq steak stew. I also put a potato.

Well my food was not even done cooking when I heard a ruckus and was yelled to come to the kitchen. There I see the parents and they are very upset at me, and angry too. They say why am I ruin their steaks? I say they told me I can have anything in the fridge. They tell me to go away from their home and I ruined their steaks. I did not even get to try my stew.

Now I am banned from their house and also it causes me to not be friends with my good friend anymore, he told everyone what I did and people call me "Steak Soup Boy" all the time. First of all it was a stew. Second of all they told me I could has any food in the fridge. So I think I do not know what about it.

Thanks.

"HEY LOOK, IT'S STEAK SOUP BOY!"
"I-it was a stew-"
"GONNA COOK ANY SOUPS WITH MY STEAKS, STEAK SOUP BOY?"

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Found this classic while I was looking for the comments on that one.

AITA for cooking up some steaks after a friends parents said "help yourself to whatever you want from the fridge" when I went to their house?

"HEY LOOK, IT'S STEAK SOUP BOY!"
"I-it was a stew-"
"GONNA COOK ANY SOUPS WITH MY STEAKS, STEAK SOUP BOY?"

:lmao: All the good thread titles hit at once.

Re: r/relationships: people call me "Steak Soup Boy" all the time. First of all it was a stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

e:f,b

Whorelord posted:

They are? My parents have a Bengal and that thing is the most placid cat ever.
Yeah, but there's still a cross with the Asian leopard cat back in their bloodline. They're also illegal in Connecticut and Hawaii.
AITA for wanting my bridesmaid to cover up more due to her boobs popping out of the dress we picked

quote:

—————- will make it really clear, her boobs are literally falling out of it. She moves and pop the girls are out.

We went shopping for bridesmaid dresses and we found one we all liked, it is a v line strapless dress. Now my one friend Cindy has a much bigger chest than the rest of us so when she tried it on her breasts were basically popping out. Everyone else has a smaller chest didn’t have this problem at all.

We tried a larger size and it way too baggy with that so we talked to the employee and they suggested a panel to give more support and coverage. I informed Cindy that we will add a panel to hers and it will be all good. She got really mad at me and told me I was shaming her. She called me an rear end in a top hat and left. My other bridesmaid are on my side especially since I am paying for the dress and we all know dresses look different on people since everyone has different body types.

She informed me if I don’t let her go as is she will drop out of the wedding . AITA?

Update: I informed everyone we need to find a different dress. And now I am getting pissed off text since we have been shopping five times before this and this was the only dress everyone liked.

Actually I thought about it, I’m done. I have 8 bridesmaids we’re I only wanted one since family. We have gone threw so many dresses, that no one could agree on. I was going to pay for them since not everyone could afford it when I don’t have too. I didn’t want a church wedding but apparently I had too. Nope I’m done this was the last thing, I’m getting the wedding I want and the family can screw it. I am keeping my bff and the rest can screw off. I’m not even friends with almost all of them. I am moving my venue. I’m done.

Was going to have to spend 1,600 on everyone I’m not paying for a tailor. I’m done.

Mom disowned him, it’s over. He wouldn’t backdown about having the wedding we wanted, bottoms up everyone he just lost his family. Maybe they she will change his mind but I think he is over his fmsily also, I didn’t even get into the poo poo he has been dealing with on his side with the wedding.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 20, 2023