Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

soggybagel posted:

Well, its not like Taco Bell or Johns or Del Taco are going for some weird authentic experience. Its gross food for gross people...LIKE ME!

that's very true I do want to try the potato jawns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They mentioned this a while ago but reminder:
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1683633907873247232?s=20

(It is pretty common for podcasts to encounter this around ~3-400 episodes, the RSS file listing all the episodes for use in a podcast app gets too big and the oldest entries get archived elsewhere. Not exclusive to it also being a business decision to paywall them but it is a well-known thing.)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i've actually been listening to some episodes from the first twenty or so recently, and wiger's improved so much as a host it's basically night and day

mitch is ehhh

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Stephanie Beatriz sounds like the Chimpmunks version of herself.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Really enjoyed the pro-union rant at the beginning of this ep. Doughboys is becoming one of the best places to keep up with what's happening with the strike.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't quite understand why all the creative unions (if not all the production unions) don't get together and bargain as one unit. the contracts all came due within 90 days, it would have been a strong play to band together formally

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

indigi posted:

I don't quite understand why all the creative unions (if not all the production unions) don't get together and bargain as one unit. the contracts all came due within 90 days, it would have been a strong play to band together formally

i wonder if this would be considered a sympathy strike and potentially be considered illegal in the US

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

If they formed one big union/guild/trade association it wouldn't be

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

indigi posted:

If they formed one big union/guild/trade association it wouldn't be

good point! idk anything about US labor strategy/law, but would that involve dissolving the current unions? I can imagine that'd be a huge challenge given the organizational momentum SAG/AFTRA/WGA etc already have.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SAG and AFTRA were two different unions until around 10 years ago. I’m sure it's not simple but it's happened in recent history

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Mitch has been lobbying SAG to pressure AFTRA to stop using multi-syllabic words in scripts. It’s caused some tension.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has Mitch been picketing? I want to see picket Mitch

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not a regular listener anymore, but Samoa Joe was a really great guest.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

edit: nevermind

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

indigi posted:

SAG and AFTRA were two different unions until around 10 years ago. I’m sure it's not simple but it's happened in recent history

makes sense imo

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Drunkboxer posted:

Has Mitch been picketing? I want to see picket Mitch

He's posted some IG stories from the picket line, and his name on the Doughscord right now is Strike Mitchell, which rules.

Speaking of Mitch, Twisted Metal was a lot better than I expected and he's very good in it with plenty of screentime. It helps that his friends wrote it and know how to play to his strengths.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Sweet Tooth you sick gently caress!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
They finally put the Munch Madness finale up on their YouTube for anyone like me who's cheap but also wanted to see The Noid performing the national anthem

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
For dudes who say they hate touring, they loving kill it every time. All of these live episodes are great

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It's a bad show that's actually güd

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Having not listened to this episode yet, the fact that the topic is so loving dumb, but the guest is The Knife means it should rule.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

does Susser live above the Headgum studios

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Having not listened to this episode yet, the fact that the topic is so loving dumb, but the guest is The Knife means it should rule.

And it did, she was on fire the whole time despite the lack of sleep

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Good ep, and Susser being lower status than he's maybe ever been on the show was funny.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shaun Diston is a 10/10 guest

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Susser would absolutely crash a PTA function to eat up all the food

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mitch thinking every school had a Sub Guy was funny

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

indigi posted:

Jacob mentioning the lovely school chalupa which was just cheese baked into a shell with a few nuggets of mystery meat unlocked a core memory for me. We totally had that at my school and it was one of my favorites.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
drat, you know you're an annoying audience when you get Wiger to break the first law of robotics and yell at you to shut the gently caress up

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

indigi posted:

My school had a sub guy, it wasn't a good deal because you got a small sub (that's it) for 4.50 but chicken tenders, curly fries, and a fountain soda were 3.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wiger thinking about knife drones as he falls asleep.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Rod Serling: imagine a world where it’s illegal to jack off in a movie theater. Meet Nick Wiger.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mitch should do more songs
Wiges singing is entertaining—for different reasons, of course—but Mitch is p. good

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
He does have a very pleasant voice. Mitch should get some singing lessons and try out for animated musicals. That’s where the real stairs money is at.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Mitch should pay Wiger the money he owes him for not getting a song on the Hot 100

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

Mitch should pay Wiger the money he owes him for not getting a song on the Hot 100

“Easy” way to get 10 or 15k or whatever Zouks offered.

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Wiger needs to start singing one specific song that I love and miss, “🎼 Me mouth on fire, me tongue on fire, saying hot hot hot! 🎶” - no idea when this was, what the context was, or how to find it again but I know he sang it a few times and I still think about it every time I eat something spicy (which is often).

The affected patois grammar might be a cancelable offense now but I still think he should do it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

gamer roomie is 41 posted:

Wiger needs to start singing one specific song that I love and miss, “🎼 Me mouth on fire, me tongue on fire, saying hot hot hot! 🎶” - no idea when this was, what the context was, or how to find it again but I know he sang it a few times and I still think about it every time I eat something spicy (which is often).

The affected patois grammar might be a cancelable offense now but I still think he should do it.

It's the "hot or not?" theme song, op

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

A second review has hit the six fork threshold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I wish Lamar had given it a six-fork review if only to get Mitch’s reaction to the scary number :devil: