Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Back alley? They're the same company.

How did I miss that the Embracer bastards bought those other bastards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I tried again and that time it worked (used the website). No idea what was wrong before, other than I had an incredibly lovely week and my brain was mush when I tried!

Regardless, Treat for Making it Through Hell Week acquired and pre-orders for Princess Peach and Mario Wonder secured. Thanks, all. Makes me feel better. :unsmith:

You can feel even better by firing up your Nintendo Switch and playing Nintendo Switch games that are available right now, on the Nintendo Switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Simply play Dave the Diver and you’ll be instantly transported to the October release of Super Mario Wonder because playing Dave the Diver is effectively time travel with how it sucks up time.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

American McGay posted:

Simply play Dave the Diver and you’ll be instantly transported to the October release of Super Mario Wonder because playing Dave the Diver is effectively time travel with how it sucks up time.

It doesn't come out until October 26th on switch :(

Played the demo, thought "gently caress I need more of this game", went to buy it and crushed.

No I don't want it on PC :colbert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

You can feel even better by firing up your Nintendo Switch and playing Nintendo Switch games that are available right now, on the Nintendo Switch

Indeed. I'm playing Monster Hunter. Nothing quite like winding down from a stressful day by bashing monsters in the skull until they fall over twitching! :black101:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
has anyone played quest for camelot

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I've been playing 13 Sentinels because of this thread and it seems great

I have no idea what's going on yet but that's the point, it seems

The mech combat portions seem a bit muddled with UI overload but I feel like that's also intentional and adds to the feeling of immersive confusion

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

otter posted:

How did I miss that the Embracer bastards bought those other bastards?

Speaking of which, they own Randy Pitchford too

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1704531194615124031?s=46

Edit: it’s the physical copy, only at some locations as of now, online has it for $35 but only at some locations

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 20, 2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Costco chads stay #winning

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

uhh has botw even gone that low before?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Posting to say it’s only at some locations as of this typing. It’s $35 online, but also only at some locations. Physical copy.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Someone go buy themselves a copy so they can bring me a Costco pizza slice while they're at it. :colbert:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Physical stays wi…..wait a sec :mad:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Physical stays wi…..wait a sec :mad:

It’s physical

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

It’s physical

Photo looks like it’s just a card with a download code

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

It's a card you redeem for the physical copy at checkout. It's also how Costco handles selling valuables like hardware and jewelry.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

OOHHHH. I had no idea, I don’t shop at Costco

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
PBUC

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Has anyone had a chance to try Gloomhaven? The ads show gushing reviews, but the lack of discussion makes me suspicious.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
A friend pointed out the asterisk. I remembered this means Costco will not be restocking TOTK, which is a surprise

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gonna stock the Switch Advance version when it’s revealed next week

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Bell_ posted:

Has anyone had a chance to try Gloomhaven? The ads show gushing reviews, but the lack of discussion makes me suspicious.
The PC version is a fine digital adaptation of the board game, which has been acclaimed for a while, but the game itself has taken a fair number of video game newcomers somewhat off-guard by the unorthodox resource management for playing characters, coupled with some brutal early missions (the very first mission of the original campaign is pretty hard). The tutorial can help, though, and Guildmaster mode is a more classic video-game progression. The Jaws of the Lion DLC also has more of a beginner on-ramping for the board game campaign, though you'll have to spring for the more expensive Gold edition (or shell out another $18 US), which might be a bit of a commitment.

From what I've seen, as far as specifically concerns the Switch port, it's lacking some of the fancy lighting from PC and there's some animation slow-down, but it's otherwise basically the same look (i.e. it's not like a MK1 potato-ing). Controller scheme seems to works fine, though there might not be a button to check line of sight? That'd be the most regrettable loss if so - not unplayable, but it's a big quality of life for the kind of game it is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Maroon Hawk posted:

OOHHHH. I had no idea, I don’t shop at Costco

You should.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Costco sells Nintendo eShop, PSN, and Xbox credit at $100 value for $90 paid, for those who prefer digital savings.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 21, 2023

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Steve Yun posted:

A friend pointed out the asterisk. I remembered this means Costco will not be restocking TOTK, which is a surprise

They don't carry many physical games, and not for long.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I've created a Super Mario Bros. Wonder thread. Is it way too early to do that? Yes.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042328

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
lol oh no I got to one of the final bosses in Doom Eternal and I was so terrible at it (even though I'm playing at the lowest difficulty) that the game actually took pity on me and offered me a Sential Armor boost. I've never seen a game do that - it's nice of them but also horribly embarrassing.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Looper posted:

has anyone played quest for camelot

yeah it loving sucks

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Red Rox posted:

lol oh no I got to one of the final bosses in Doom Eternal and I was so terrible at it (even though I'm playing at the lowest difficulty) that the game actually took pity on me and offered me a Sential Armor boost. I've never seen a game do that - it's nice of them but also horribly embarrassing.

In MGSV if you died a lot on a mission, they would offer you a chicken hat. It disqualified you from getting good rankings on that mission but would make it harder for enemies to see you. It also looked silly:

If you had the chicken hat and kept failing they’d offer you a baby chicken hat that made you completely invisible

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 21, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So you all excited for the physical release of Pikmin 1+2 tomorrow?

Can't say I am, personally... :smuggo:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 21, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Steve Yun posted:

In MGSV if you died a lot on a mission, they would offer you a chicken hat. It disqualified you from getting good rankings on that mission but would make it harder for enemies to see you. It also looked silly:

If you had the chicken hat and kept failing they’d offer you a baby chicken hat that made you completely invisible

But that would remove any challenge from the game and make it poultry.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Red Rox posted:

But that would remove any challenge from the game and make it poultry.

a bonus if your skills are eggscrement

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Also curious from the Direct even though I'll have no time to play any new games for a while.....

Are Wartales and Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes supposed to be good?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
It looks like the $42 Pikmin 4 I ordered from a Walmart third party seller a few weeks back is simply never going to ship. What a bummer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

Also curious from the Direct even though I'll have no time to play any new games for a while.....

The latter is like Bloodstained for Suikoden. It isn't out yet but looks promising

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MaxDuo posted:

I backed Eiyuden Chronicles on Kickstarter so I hope it’s good. It’s a spiritual successor to the Suikoden franchise. The basic premise is that you can recruit 110 party members throughout the game for your army. Each one has their own little function, not all are meant for combat. I don’t know how it’s all gonna play out in Eiyuden, but in Suikoden, was a typical JRPG where you wandered about and got into battles, and then during pivotal moments you participated in epic army fights, that more or less played out like rock paper scissors (it wasn’t an RTS). The Suikoden games had 108 recruitable party members and you got the true ending for collecting all of them.

The battle system was neat. Six person parties. You figure that fights would last forever but they were very quick. The Suikoden games had some of the best 2D sprite work and animation of the era.

I know I said I backed Eiyuden Chronicle but I haven’t looked much into it, keeping it mostly a surprise for when it gets released. Suikoden 1 and 2 are getting remasters, which would have come out before Eiyuden but it looks like it got delayed.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

MaxDuo posted:

wartales is well reviewed on Steam but the switch port is hosed apparently

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MaxDuo posted:

Wartales has been out for a while and has received good (user) reviews, so it is a bigger question if the port is good.
e;f,b with the actual judgement, oof

Too early to tell for Eiyuden if it'll be a great game instead of just rehashed nostalgia.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So you all excited for the physical release of Pikmin 1+2 tomorrow?

Can't say I am, personally... :smuggo:

Kinda but my copy is coming from play-Asia so it’s going to be a little while.