Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

VitalSigns posted:

Now there's effective altruism.

"Wow our kid sucks, how can we take him out of society"

loving A+ post/avatar combo right here. Screenshotting for posterity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
r/BBBY is stunned that their stock, worth roughly 0.18, can swing up and down by +/-8%, must be collective ape DRS power taking hold over the evil hedgies

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Can you short penny stocks?

I don't know enough about investing to know better.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Rad-daddio posted:

not if they've all been DRSed by wise apes :hai:

Shroud
May 11, 2009

notwithoutmyanus posted:

https://nitter.net/davidzmorris/status/1704093681685352746#m
Whole thread is worth a read, and quite crazy. Explicit criminal enterprise.

Holy poo poo - I thought his parents were just casually giving him general advice this whole time. They were actually the Bond villains in the whole scam. I'm almost feeling a little bad for SBF. What chance would someone have in this world of being a decent person, if those two were your parents?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Rad-daddio posted:

yes, but not BBBYQ because it's on the expert market so you have to be a broker to trade it.

the cost to borrow is 200% right now so you couldn't make that much shorting it anyways.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Trillhouse posted:

yes, but not BBBYQ because it's on the expert market so you have to be a broker to trade it.

the cost to borrow is 200% right now so you couldn't make that much shorting it anyways.

I see a lot of crowing about the CTB going through the roof on r/BBBY, and I have no idea how it works. Would this actually have any impact on existing short positions? Or does it just price out any new short positions that someone might hypothetically want to take?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Just new shorts, but the cost to borrow has been bonkers for a long time now.

i like looking at the ticker and seeing a 1.5 CENT drop = 8% of the price. It still makes me laugh.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 20, 2023

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Trillhouse posted:

Just new shorts, but the cost to borrow has been bonkers for a long time now.

So even assuming that the CTB is being influenced by their DRS'd positions, the apes managed to close the barn door at least a full year after the horse left the barn

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Overstock has posted job openings under the BBB label, apes are spiking the ball in celebration. No way this goes bankrupt, they're hiring!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Shroud posted:

Holy poo poo - I thought his parents were just casually giving him general advice this whole time. They were actually the Bond villains in the whole scam. I'm almost feeling a little bad for SBF. What chance would someone have in this world of being a decent person, if those two were your parents?

I'd say there's a reasonable chance. My parents are basically Costanza's parents from Seinfeld but I didn't turn into George. I turned into Kramer mixed with soup nazi.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
So they just learned on the r/bbby forum that the stock shares are being dissolved on 9/30. Some of them are taking it well, but others not so well

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

daslog posted:

So they just learned on the r/bbby forum that the stock shares are being dissolved on 9/30. Some of them are taking it well, but others not so well

it's cool that we finally have a hard date. I'm curious to see what the stock does tomorrow morning.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

daslog posted:

Some anger directed at Ryan Cohen and that Puelte (sp?) guy who is always claiming to give away money on twitter. Did either of these guys ever actually have a stake in this outcome? Or was their involvement entirely a fabrication of r/BBBY's imagination?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they're a figment of the hodlers' collective imagination that they whipped themselves up into believing because some rich guy they look up to included, probably as a joke, some kind of visual reference to them in a picture book

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Some anger directed at Ryan Cohen and that Puelte (sp?) guy who is always claiming to give away money teeth on twitter

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WE WILL NOT LOSE! Think about it.
It is time. Time for these crooks to get what they deserve. They have pushed this system to collapse, even without us. This is why it is time.
The system will implode by design. Then big bailouts and all the money goes back to the banks and big guys..... until now.
We are supposed to be free money right at the end (like a golden parachute for c.e.os but billions.)
But we will not sell, we flipped the table at exactly the right time, giving the "good guys" the green light to full send. Standing by them and continuously buying more shows them that we are determined and solid as fuk.
So think about it really.
There is an nft stock market waiting for the right time to be revealed. Sweet how does that work.
Think of the nft as a serial number and thats it. Right now its 1 of 500million per say. If those 500 million are not in the same place (drs) noone can track the float. That changes, the system would error and say duplicate. No more synthetic shares.. a true and real market.
Fuk Amazon.
Piece of poo poo billionaires destroy good companies and filter them to Amazon, Amazon makes bank and they gain control..
Enter teddy 🧸.
What a great name for the new Amazon.
Ok so new market....
Who would join? Everyone .. why?
So many companies are shorted to oblivion, when they need to raise money, they can't or have to use so many shares to do it because of fuckery. That all stops. We will decide what a company is worth.
When Teddy pops who will be under them on the new market.? Let's see,
Chewy Bbby Gme Blockbuster Sears
And so many more. When a company sees the success of this, they will all move. I didn't list bbbyq there because they may become the teddy shares. All traded on gmerica. Think of the people we suspect being involved directly or indirectly.
So when this happens realise that we have completely shattered Amazon in
Pet food and supplies, Gaming, Baby stuff, Movies (blockbuster prime.), Clothing, Home decor.
CHECKMATE BITCH!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes checkmate.

probably has a crappy chess sr and would throw a poo poo fit if they got enpassant or saw castling.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

daslog posted:

So you're saying we're definitely not getting the new Dan Olsen video this month

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

it's cool that we finally have a hard date.

pfft, they already live in a fantasy land, the stock no longer existing won't stop them

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Pham Nuwen posted:

So you're saying we're definitely not getting the new Dan Olsen video this month

my pet theory is he's waiting for BBBYQ to be delisted and also he wants to add the ppshow vaper guy. he's such a funny character, similar to that lunatic Decentraland journalist in the metaverse video.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Ariong posted:

nft stock market

Called it :boom:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/nfts-worthless-researchers-find-1234828767/

Not even worth fake money anymore.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

:sickos:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The studio I work for recently delivered a large, complex, ambitious NFT project we made for a guy
It took 18 months, lol. We got paid though

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This required research?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

“The “Dead NFTs” report observes that the nearly 200,000 NFT collections “with no apparent owners or market share” identified by the study caused carbon emissions equivalent to the annual output from 2,048 houses, or 3,531 cars.”

The dumbfuck NFT speculators lost all their money and hosed up the planet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

The studio I work for recently delivered a large, complex, ambitious NFT project we made for a guy
It took 18 months, lol. We got paid though

This guy's mistake was hiring actual artists and having them put actual work into it, causing him to miss the bus. The correct approach was to poo poo out a jpg with MS Paint the same afternoon as he came up with the idea.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

The Lone Badger posted:

This guy's mistake was hiring actual artists and having them put actual work into it, causing him to miss the bus. The correct approach was to poo poo out a jpg with MS Paint the same afternoon as he came up with the idea.

No the real mistake is to pay them in real human currency, the pro move is to have someone make all the assets for your nfts then pay them in special rare nfts made with their assets!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sophy Wackles posted:

“The “Dead NFTs” report observes that the nearly 200,000 NFT collections “with no apparent owners or market share” identified by the study caused carbon emissions equivalent to the annual output from 2,048 houses, or 3,531 cars.”

The dumbfuck NFT speculators lost all their money and hosed up the planet.

Why are dead crypto entities being mined? Is this just laziness in setup or malware mining applications that never moved over to a new target?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

That's pretty much it, if you care what the poo poo looks like you're in the wrong game

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

Why are dead crypto entities being mined? Is this just laziness in setup or malware mining applications that never moved over to a new target?

That was the expenditure required to create them in the first place. They now consume nothing but disc-space going forward.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

waiting on those ghosttitty graphs

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

That was the expenditure required to create them in the first place. They now consume nothing but disc-space going forward.

Ah, I missed the past tense in the power expenditure implying it was spent and not that it's an ongoing per year energy

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 21, 2023

drk
Jan 16, 2005
There are a lot of different blockchains, but many NFTs were minted on Ethereum or Ethereum based blockchains. Eth was proof of work until about a year ago, and used a shitload of energy per transaction

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The hilarious part is the 5% that they say are "worth" "something" are still worthless in any estimation because they're just going by what the listed price is. They used the worst possible method for evaluating the value of NFTs, which is something you'd expect since the report us by "blockchain experts", and they were still all unsellable trash.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

BBBY is currently on it's way toward 0.10 per share. Apes are livid ... that they cannot buy more shares at these rock-bottom prices! Apparently the sobering from yesterday's notice of stock dissolution on Sep 30 is affecting the market price but the apes have all recovered and are bullish again.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
A better investment at this point would be to buy sheets of notebook paper with BBBY and some emojis drawn on them.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the free market stole my apes! slurped x3 by reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So even assuming that the CTB is being influenced by their DRS'd positions, the apes managed to close the barn door at least a full year after the horse left the barn

I don't think it was ever shown that shorts were driving the price down, and not the fact that BBBY was a debt-ridden towel store in the age of internet shopping. "Apes" just assume that the only reason any stock goes down is shorts.