Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The Germans are claiming Beatrix as one of them, that's always a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Where's literally anything else since the first game got a port like 5 years ago Capcom????

they're trying to protect you from realizing onimusha 2 and 3 kind of suck

there's some ok ideas in those games but imagine if they just made onimusha 1 again twice and didn't really add any more mechanical depth but just made a new bad lockpicking minigame instead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Let's get BONES back to making weird mecha instead of being trapped in the mid shonen mines.

Probationary of course, to make sure we don't get another Captain Earth

their mecha team does have a new show coming out soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1Xu5eivPM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what is with netflix licensing random b-list properties that havent gotten a new game since the ps2

are we going to get a tenchu anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bone not letting Rie Matsumoto do an original series is the biggest self forced error ever. Let her cook so she can top Kyosogiga and the Heartcatch Precure Movie

toho is responsible for keeping her locked up, not bones who i suspect would be happy to if someone funded it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix should of either went with Dinocrisis or done a real deep cut and do P.N.03 as an anime

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Netflix should of either went with Dinocrisis or done a real deep cut and do P.N.03 as an anime

How many characters are even in P.N.03? I mean, we've already had Nier Automata and from what I remember of the game, I figure it would end up in a similar vibe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As one of the four people who finished PN03, I've no idea

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Sakurazuka posted:

As one of the four people who finished PN03, I've no idea

As one of the other three, all I remember is Butt Lady, her CO, and her clonish originator. So plenty of room for expansion!

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

How did vending machine isekai and kizuna ai sells nfts: the anime get second seasons greenlit

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

presumably the former surpassed its viewership/sales targets. and the latter is a split 2-cour show, it was all greenlit from the start.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vending machine isekai sold more copies of the LN

ai kizuna NFT was funded by the people who want ai kizuna NFTs, who want more money than sense

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

hate this artstyle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apparently Takeshi Miike is involved in that somehow?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Apparently Takeshi Miike is involved in that somehow?

He's directing it, apparently.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

How did vending machine isekai and kizuna ai sells nfts: the anime get second seasons greenlit

I shamefully enjoy vending machine very much (it is dumb, and it is bad, but it shows a real commitment to the bit and also avoids much of the most odious stuff that seems common in isekai as a genre)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Been watching a few things

Mushoku Tensei S2: Honestly feels like a relatively large step down on season 1. The top half is really strong in its exploration of Rudy in the aftermath of Season 1 but the back half at magic school has been at best a pretty banal romcom and at worst way creepier than it had any need to be.

JJK S2: Still partway through this. I'm glad the main gang is back since I'm much more invested in them than the prequel stuff. That only really popped for me for a couple of episodes, so lukewarm.

Horimiya S2: This is basically more of the back half of Horimiya S1. It's fine, often fun but the reason that show hit as hard as it did was off the strength of the main romance and this doesn't hit that spot (unsurprisingly)

Masmune Kun's Revenge S2: I thought this was going somewhere incredibly interesting and then it completely collapsed on the final episode bringing me flashbacks of the finale for How I Met Your Mother.

In what feels typical for this year sequels I've been looking forward to haven't really been firing. Need to find something decent from this season to binge through at the end because otherwise it feels pretty dead.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Natural 20 posted:

Mushoku Tensei S2: ... at best a pretty banal romcom and at worst way creepier than it had any need to be.

:chloe:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I like that because it’s true regardless of what part of mushoku tensei it’s being applied to

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

As silly as the concept is, the people doing vending machine did a good job making the idea work. Hell, even the last thing Boxxo says in the last episode is "Being reborn as a vending machine the dungeon in another world is ridiculous. But there I was, thinking I'd like to keep living this sort of life!"

Gotta respect a show that knows what it is and just tries to be the best at it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pork never goes bad posted:

I shamefully enjoy vending machine very much (it is dumb, and it is bad, but it shows a real commitment to the bit and also avoids much of the most odious stuff that seems common in isekai as a genre)

It has Bradio doing the OP song and nothing will take away from that.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Wondering how Murder Farce will do its last episode because after what just happened I can’t see any outcome that doesn’t have massive “We did it Patrick! We saved the City!” SpongeBob energy. Also the hero just brutally murdered like 3 innocent people, I mean yeah it was technically self-defense but still.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

GateOfD posted:

hate this artstyle

Quick glance and it sucks cause it’s not an art style it’s an animation style. It’s 3DCG. You can tell by the jerky movements. It looks better than other things but it’s still not great.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the onimusha anime looks, fine

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Doodles posted:

As silly as the concept is, the people doing vending machine did a good job making the idea work.

it definitely made the idea work but i don't think it made the idea interesting, at least from my experience of being bored to tears during the first ep

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tales of Woe posted:

their mecha team does have a new show coming out soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1Xu5eivPM

Ooooh tentatively excited.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah it committed the double sin of going to far and also being boring in the second half

Not sure if it or Aldonoah.zero is the 2010's Mecha show I'm most disappointed with

I'm surprised Guilty Crown isn't on that shortlist.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

there's no loving way aldnoah is more disappointing than captain earth

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Captain Earth sucked so much but that second ED always has a place in my heart

https://youtu.be/gZwlFadLMgQ?si=Qr5AKvf5Fz3PdPca

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain Earth was so bad I forgot it existed!

Like I legit forgot about it even though I watched half of it

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I watched all of it. It was gonna get better any episode! There was so much potential!

Spoiler alert: it never got better.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tabletops posted:

Zegapain maybe the one that is. That show has no right to be as good as it is, and most of the best stuff is in the second half iirc.

having just finished watching the second half, i'm disagreeing with this. not a zegapain fan, over here

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Captain Earth sucked so much but that second ED always has a place in my heart

https://youtu.be/gZwlFadLMgQ?si=Qr5AKvf5Fz3PdPca

controversial opinion: i actually really like the first ED too

but yeah if you watch that video you no longer have a compelling reason to watch captain earth. i recall being underwhelmed by the mech fights which like, come on. at least do that part well.

i think the launch sequence was pretty neat though?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what about star driver

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

star driver owns

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Star Driver was amusing cause in the middle of the whole trying to gain control of these powers, the other half was a plot about how the students just have regular melancholy high school lives

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

The Colonel posted:

having just finished watching the second half, i'm disagreeing with this. not a zegapain fan, over here

Wow

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Star Driver was perfect and Captain Earth felt like it was a video game reusing Star Driver assets. Like when your playing some game that obviously didn’t get enough dev time, and recognize a canned animation the first time it’s used in-game because you saw it in another much better game 5 years ago.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ninjewtsu posted:

there's no loving way aldnoah is more disappointing than captain earth

A show that has a good start and turns to poo poo is more disappointing that a show that was poo poo from episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cave emperor posted:

Yohane: A disappointing waste of a fun premise; never really managed to become its own thing (turns out that the solution to the magical apocalypse was doing idol stuff all along), and ended up being predictable from A to Z.
They must have been really confident about this, because they are making two different video games based on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmb9qusW2yU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cq3IxEWtTA