Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Apparently Perisic snapped his ACL in training. That's what, number 387 this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

TheRat posted:

Apparently Perisic snapped his ACL in training. That's what, number 387 this season?

vaxxed?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Perhaps there is a correlation with players playing 700 games a season plus pointless overseas tours and their ligaments pinging off like rubber bands. Ah well looking forward to the expanded world cup and champions league

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Perhaps there is a correlation with players playing 700 games a season plus pointless overseas tours and their ligaments pinging off like rubber bands. Ah well looking forward to the expanded world cup and champions league

I've consulted with UEFA and FIFA and they've assured me that there's no correlation.

Totally unrelated, but a briefcase full of money is surprisingly heavy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

nah it's clearly just the artificial turf from all those American preseasons, nothing to see here, now time to add 30 minutes of extra time to every game and add another dozen games to the calendar

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Some nation playing the long game on World Cup domination by selecting genetically for strong ACLs and forcing them into an intense football training regime

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Some nation playing the long game on World Cup domination by selecting genetically for strong ACLs and forcing them into an intense football training regime

Fatigue is really the only consistently documented reason ACLs pop. There's no way to actually strengthen them, just all of the muscles surrounding.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bamfords recovery going well, thank you!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Abou Diaby?!

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
quadraspazzed on a life glug

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Roboplegic wrongcock is one of my fave Morris-isms

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

The most on-brand thing about Luton airport is that in the small area between baggage claim and the M1 there's always a really strong smell of piss

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TheRat posted:

it begins

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Out for the season as well, must be a big one

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

TheRat posted:

Does Big Ange have a good history with youth players? Sucks about Perisic, but the Postecoglou halo has me thinking they'll take it in stride and probably end up with some teenager from the academy locking down the role for years.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

J Hume posted:

Does Big Ange have a good history with youth players? Sucks about Perisic, but the Postecoglou halo has me thinking they'll take it in stride and probably end up with some teenager from the academy locking down the role for years.

He managed to make a league clowns look good enough to get a spot in the spl. The best one was Matt Mackay who achieved less game time than Ali Dia then gave a season ending injury to another player during training.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I am thinking Ramsdale will just get phased out now. Raya looks as good at shot stopping but is way better with his feet. Ramsdale maybe at the start will still get some prem games vs weak teams then go into fully cup duty.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't know how I feel about it but our clean sheet record at home was abysmal and needs fixing, though that wasn't all on Ramsdale either.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Absolutely massive, genuinely believe that in the barclays only KDB is better

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1705129843266871698

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

With KDB 32 and out with a hamstring injury right now, this could easily be the season MO surpasses him!

As highly rated as he is, he actually feels under rated. I'd probably say he's more important than even Saka. Not that I can remember what an Arsenal team without Saka looks like.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Potential for some big lols at Burnley this weekend

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1705147374291538340

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All the sports journos are clearly pulling on this thread, there's been a bunch of stuff written about what Solskjær thinks about it all

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Samuel Luckhurst is banned on the man utd subreddit for being a racist who makes up random poo poo to create drama.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

TheRat posted:

Samuel Luckhurst is banned on the man utd subreddit for being a racist who makes up random poo poo to create drama.

Pretty sure there is a whitepaper that refutes this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Everything is going great at Manchester United, actually

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Ten Haag looks like some drunk guy in a pub.

"I'd fookin play rooney in midfield me."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining a guy too poo poo at posting for r/manunited

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i couldn’t, so i turned my monitor off to help

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Really thought United had pulled up from their downward spiral after last season and am quite pleased that doesn't appear to be the case.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1705181085015887950

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

TheRat posted:

Sounds like someone United would be looking into signing, actually

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
never should have sacked Mourinho

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

never should have sacked Mourinho

The tragicomedy has somehow reached ever greater heights since though

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

paging euroboy to rage øut at the systematic abuse øf his stupid dwarf language

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Apparently no one is pronouncing his name correctly. It’s something like mar-TIN uh-du-gawr. Gotta say the anglicization sounds cooler though.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1354421451936452608?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Apparently no one is pronouncing his name correctly. It’s something like mar-TIN uh-du-gawr. Gotta say the anglicization sounds cooler though.

Last part is guard. No idea how to type out "Øde" in a way that would make sense. First name is something like marr-teen I guess.

E: Or just look at the video I guess
E2: Oh right it's gård not gard. Whatever :argh: