Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m sorry, I refuse to believe that half of my prescription is legally blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m sorry, I refuse to believe that half of my prescription is legally blind.

You're considered legally blind at 20/200.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Miles inspired Rom though, and in the end Rom agreed to end the union for 1 time concessions. That said Rom's cool so hell yeah to both being proud.

and then zek made rom grand nagus, so now he's the... comptroller? FED chairman? something like that, of the entire ferenghi economy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

and then zek made rom grand nagus, so now he's the... comptroller? FED chairman? something like that, of the entire ferenghi economy.

The Grand Nagus is not only the financial leader of the Ferengi Alliance, but also the leader of the entire Alliance itself! :pseudo: (Although the Nagus serves at the pleasure of the Ferengi Commerce Authority, who can remove a Nagus in the event of failing health or senility. Basically, if the Board of Liquidators gets pissed off enough, that Nagus is hosed.)

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I love TFF 🙂

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just got back from my first local area council meeting. It was the sanitation board and I got in a fight with their attorney and cheered by the audience which was large because of a really unpopular decision they made. Fun times.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
No more lake poopin' ?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

Just got back from my first local area council meeting. It was the sanitation board and I got in a fight with their attorney and cheered by the audience which was large because of a really unpopular decision they made. Fun times.

Getting involved in local politics is cool. Several years ago, when I was still married and living in Wisconsin, I actually started a run for Common Council in Madison because I felt our alder was both not accurately representing the ward and also just flat-out wrong on a lot of issues. (He was also weirdly combative, rude and sometimes flat-out unprofessional during council meetings.)

I had to drop out of the race due to blood clots, but doing all that door-knocking and getting to know people and what their priorities were was a really great experience.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

Just know that I pictured this as an actual physical fight

T-Square
May 14, 2009

swickles posted:

I’m strongly considering attending our annual condo board meeting this fall, because some old bitch keeps snitching on me for stupid poo poo and I wanna see if I can suss out who it is.

I mean, technically they’re not wrong and I’m in violations of the grooming standards but it’s totally petty poo poo and they should mind their own business and leave me the gently caress alone. I’m sorry for parking our second car in the one car only driveway for like 15 minutes, what about the people literally two doors down that leave two cars in their driveway for multiple days you God drat hag

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

what about the people literally two doors down that leave two cars in their driveway for multiple days you God drat hag

They're the ones complaining about you

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
God if I ever do move I never want to live in a place with a HOA.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Oh, and this woman and her husband were also getting into it with the council, and they are apparently really active in the community and were super nice. But afterward outside, we were just chatting, and there was what looked to be like a meteroite burning up. Picture a shooting star that lasts like 30 seconds. People were speculating on what it was and she says "oh, I thought it might be a space shuttle, not like NASAs but one of that idiots shuttles with SpaceX or whatever" and I think I made a new best friend.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Silly Burrito posted:

God if I ever do move I never want to live in a place with a HOA.

I served on our HOA board for two months, before realizing I had more in common with the people the board members were complaining about

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Closest thing I have to an HOA is the county giving me fire abatement warnings and my shits pretty clean, I took the slash pile to the dump and cleared the area around the fire hydrant. Some of these places near me are so overgrown you can’t see their front door.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 21, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My friend's girlfriend just had a massive HOA upheaval & the board got voted out.

Meanwhile this is what I picture Swickles doing in a month:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GzDrbnLvHs

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm glad I don't have to worry about HOAs Because it's just about a certainty I have the shittiest lawn in the neighborhood.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm glad I don't have to worry about HOAs Because it's just about a certainty I have the shittiest lawn in the neighborhood.
I would probably want to do poo poo like plant berry bushes and a mulberry tree and let a bunch of (native) “weeds” grow in my yard- especially the edible ones! - and I can’t imagine that ever flying with an HOA.

I just assume that one X-Files episode is what would happen eventually.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

They're the ones complaining about you

Eh those people are this like 26 year old girl and her gently caress boy boyfriend that moved in a month after she dumped her last boyfriend, I don’t think it’s them. It’s almost certainly one of the 90 year old ladies that do nothing but sit on their porch or maybe the one who’s window faces directly at our unit and when she introduced herself said “All I do all day is stare out that window” :stonk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My lawn is a mess, with the grass mostly dead from the summer heat & the only green is the weeds.

I did pass by my neighbor that was watering their lawn yesterday and their grass was a luscious green. For a brief moment I was envious.

Meanwhile my next door neighbor has a Himalayan blackberry growing along our property line; while regular blackberries are native to the PNW Himalayans are not. :mad:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Android Apocalypse posted:

My lawn is a mess, with the grass mostly dead from the summer heat & the only green is the weeds.

I did pass by my neighbor that was watering their lawn yesterday and their grass was a luscious green. For a brief moment I was envious.

Meanwhile my next door neighbor has a Himalayan blackberry growing along our property line; while regular blackberries are native to the PNW Himalayans are not. :mad:

My sons bus driver told him the other day that we have the nicest lawn on her route. :smug:

I do put a lot of effort into it so that felt nice to hear.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

We need more posters in government, not less:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1704563912828481902?t=WCjmAqRDJKNKFZhbbDuEFg&s=19

(Yes I know Emmanuel is a piece of poo poo, but its still funny)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is he taunting him about China's lack of deep dish pizza and Italian beef sandwiches?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Rahm desperately trying to explain to the Chinese that deep dish pizza is in fact not a casserole.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There was just a huge cyberpunk update and I’m so thrown off by so many of them

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

There was just a huge cyberpunk update and I’m so thrown off by so many of them

Did that game ever get fixed? I have it but never bothered to actually start it after the disaster launch it was.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Did that game ever get fixed? I have it but never bothered to actually start it after the disaster launch it was.

Yeah for the most part, it’s a great, HUGE game. The newest update was a huge overhaul to how a lot of it works and QOL improvements. So far I like what they’ve done it’s just gonna take some getting used to. It’s worth giving it another shot, it’ll probably feel like a completely different game if you haven’t touched it since launch.

At the end of the month there’s a new DLC coming out that stars Idris Elba and it’s supposed to be pretty awesome.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah for the most part, it’s a great, HUGE game. The newest update was a huge overhaul to how a lot of it works and QOL improvements. So far I like what they’ve done it’s just gonna take some getting used to. It’s worth giving it another shot, it’ll probably feel like a completely different game if you haven’t touched it since launch.

At the end of the month there’s a new DLC coming out that stars Idris Elba and it’s supposed to be pretty awesome.

I mean, I didn't even ever get as far as installing the game. I'll have to give it a shot this winter when I'll have some time to game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I mean, I didn't even ever get as far as installing the game. I'll have to give it a shot this winter when I'll have some time to game.

Oh well then yeah definitely play it then. This is the second huge update they’ve made. A vast majority of the original bugs are gone. You still get random ones like you do with games this big but they’re not bad.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol, but also? lmfao

https://twitter.com/petapixel/status/1704542490102219022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

95% seems awfully generous.

from the article: 95% of users collections are at $0. That's really funny.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This is why I still think there is a chance to defeat AI as well.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

C-Euro posted:

This is why I still think there is a chance to defeat AI as well.

I saw an article awhile ago that basically said eventually it will defeat itself if it gets too big; AI bots will start scraping data/content from other AI bots and it will become the computer version of the human centipede

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
last I checked AI needs electricity. just pull the plug on the computer and move on with your day, bingo bango

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rogue Elephant posted:

I saw an article awhile ago that basically said eventually it will defeat itself if it gets too big; AI bots will start scraping data/content from other AI bots and it will become the computer version of the human centipede

Sounds more like Multiplicity. Michael Keaton makes clones of himself to help get stuff done. Eventually the clones make a clone of themselves and the clone of a clone ends up being incredibly stupid. Seeing how AI is going so far, that seems like the most likely outcome.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/status/1704928927397879914

Whoops

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Piss tape is real

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

We need more posters in government, not less:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1704563912828481902?t=WCjmAqRDJKNKFZhbbDuEFg&s=19

(Yes I know Emmanuel is a piece of poo poo, but its still funny)

I know I should hate Rahm with every fiber of my body but I went to a swanky wedding that he funded so he gets a pass from me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unlike the piss tape, this is fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

last I checked AI needs electricity. just pull the plug on the computer and move on with your day, bingo bango

Seems like someone neglected to watch War Games