Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah x-23 really opened the door for a impactful knull+Deadpool play that was pretty difficult before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

New Leaf posted:

I've played countless decks that rely on me getting a specific card to get things rolling - Shuri, Collector, Modok, Patriot, something like that - and in so many games you never find that one card you need. I've played 7 Galactus games this morning and he's been in my starting hand EVERY SINGLE TIME. No wonder you clowns have no problem getting the combo to work, he magically appears in your hand no matter what.

This is me playing High Evolutionary but instead of it being Hulk or any of my 1 costs its High Evo every time. GET OUT OF HERE I'M ONLY USING YOU BECAUSE YOU BUFF MY OTHER STUFF

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally hit the 80s today, which is usually my ceiling every season. Control Guardians of the Galioth has been very successful for me and is pretty fun to play.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 20, 2023

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
This hipp sale is going to bankrupt me. I've already bought 5 today and thinking if going back for that Dazzler. loving Dazler, man

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Before I got shuri this was the best deck I had

Psylocke
Electro
Wave
Devil Dinosaur
Klaw
Legion
Spider-Woman
Vision
Alioth
Galactus
Onslaught
Magneto

I had giganto and spectrum in before alioth and legion

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
As a new player who has only seen maybe a quarter or a third of the cards, and definitely doesn't own that many, what cards have folks noticed, such as Klaw, that have terrible or incorrect wording?

Was randomly given Klaw for a round by shenanigans and lost because he doesn't target a location to THE right, he targets a location to HIS right. Which is doubly infuriating because I still would have won if I placed him elsewhere, which I would have done, had he been worded differently.

So rather than learn the hard way again, who all are the liar cards?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
that might explain why I saw someone put a Klaw on the right side Bar Sinister for my Graduate Into Infinity Final Match.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Veryslightlymad posted:

Scarlet Witch doesn't generate a random location. She generates the location most favorable to your opponent's deck archetype that game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
"The location to the right has +6 power" seems extremely clear to me. Are you using a non English version that's mistranslated or something?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Devo posted:

Scarlet Witch doesn't generate a random location. She generates the location most favorable to your opponent's deck archetype that game.

Is this like how Wolverine doesn't move to a random location, he moves to the location least beneficial to the bottom player.

Edit

Snazzy Frocks posted:

"The location to the right has +6 power" seems extremely clear to me. Are you using a non English version that's mistranslated or something?

No, "the" refers to a specific space. Read Medusa. "The middle".

It's "Klaw's" right, or "his" right or "This card's" right. Almost literally any way other than "the", which is false.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 20, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
"Location on the right" or The right location" would be confusing. "Location to the right" leaves room for a little confusion I guess. "Adjacent location to the right of this card" is what you want?

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

Agatha Harkness and Quicksilver both "start in your opening hand" but Quicksilver is your first card drawn, while Agatha starts in your hand and then you additionally draw all the cards you normally would, ending up with +1 card in hand.

Each time Apocalypse is discarded and "put back in your hand" it counts as a discard for Morbius, but never counts him as a "card you discarded" when Hela tries to resurrect.

Arnim Zola claims to "Destroy" first, then "Add copies" as a second possibly independent sentence, but you will not get any copies unless the destroy actually occurs.

Attuma is destroyed "If you have another card here at the end of your turn." But if Attuma is revealed behind Invisible Woman at the end of the game, he gets to stay, the window for him being destroyed is over.

Captain Marvel is lazy and only checks once if her moving would win the game for you, so she'll stay put if other things then change like Dracula and Mysterio and other Captain Marvels.

When Dazzler counts whether a location is "full," 1 card on Space Throne counts.

Lockjaw's swap has some unintuitive behavior. If the card you play on Lockjaw is destroyed (usually from Danger Room or Death's Domain), it will un-destroy itself and go back in your deck to bring a new card out. If your deck is empty, the card you play won't go in the deck at all, just sit there (very relevant with Thor on Lamentis games).

Odin doesn't infinitely re-activate from another Odin.

Onslaught doesn't infinitely re-double other Onslaughts, it's an "additive" doubling instead of "multiplicative" which never copies as many times as you expect.

Phoenix Force does not work the way you expect with Mr. Sinister or Brood; it revives a card, the card does its on-reveal with its base power, then Phoenix Force merges to change its power after.

She-Hulk's cost reduction is set at the end of each turn, it's not an ongoing thing. This matters for Mindscape games, where if an opponent passes on turn 5 with She-Hulk in hand, you'll get a 1-cost She-Hulk to play on turn 6, even if you spent all your energy on turn 5.

Shuri's "here" refers to the location, not wherever Shuri is. If Shuri gets moved, the place that gets the buff is still the lane where she was. If the location itself gets moved (by Quake), tough poo poo, wherever the location ended up is now where you should have played (but didn't).

The pig that Spider-Ham makes doesn't "keep" the original power and cost, it's a 0/0 that gets modified to the new power and cost. Shadow King will set the pig's power to its "original" 0. The upcoming Mobius M. Mobius will set the cost of a pig in your hand back to its "original" value, 0.

Spider-Man doesn't quite randomly move. If your opponent has one blocked lane and one with space, Spider-Man will always make the move where there's space to drag a card along with him.

Spider-Man 2099 only can blow up one card per game. Even if you bounce him. Even if you destroy and revive him.

Storm's Flooding location really has three forms, not two: Flooding the turn after Storm's OR fires, Flooded the turn after that, but also "just started Flooding" on the same turn you played Storm. It has the same text and appearance as Flooding, but if Mirror Dimension copies it at the start of turn 4, it will stay as "Flooding" and available to play to on turn 5, and only close and become Flooded on turn 6 (while the lane that Storm originally was played to on turn 3 will become Flooded and close on turn 5).

Don't count on Super-Skrull copying an opponent's Onslaught. In addition to him not being able to grant a doubling to himself (because Super-Skrull is one card, not an "other Ongoing effect at this location" that Onslaught works with), it seems that whatever code stops Onslaughts from infinitely doubling can also mess up Super-Skrull Onslaught interactions and not double the way you'd expect.

If you get a Taskmaster in play off of a Jubilee or Arnim Zola, he won't copy the Jubilee or Zola, the "last thing you played" is actually the card you played BEFORE Jubilee or Zola.

Warpath needs an empty location to exist in order to get his buff. Warpath won't get the buff if Galactus destroys the other locations.

Wolfsbane counts unplayed cards in the location as "here" for her buff.

Wolverine will not regenerate if he was destroyed by Yondu or Lamentis.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Sentry uses 'the right location'. Twice, even!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Vanilla Bison posted:

Wolverine will not regenerate if he was destroyed by Yondu or Lamentis.

this one irritates me so much

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Vanilla Bison posted:

Onslaught doesn't infinitely re-double other Onslaughts, it's an "additive" doubling instead of "multiplicative" which never copies as many times as you expect.

It used to :(

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

“The location to the right” and “the right location” are not at all the same thing.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I just received 500 gold as an apology for some "recent technical issues"? I don't even remember there being any.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
There was an ongoing issue where the game would silently upgrade cards an extra time - including spending gold to do so. I think they just mailed a flat 500 good to everyone affected - if you didn't intentionally upgrade a card with gold, check that you don't have any recently-upgraded cards one tier higher than expected, or an odd amount of gold. It seemed to be really sporadic in who it affected.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw man, none of the Hipp ones either day were good/cards I ever use

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Six of my in store Hipp variants were the same as yesterday and I only had gold for one total because as far as I know there was zero advance notice they'd be doing this which would have been cool to communicate ahead of time

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Second Dinner'd Again

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Doing well so far.

milli pages later but i'm having a blast with this. I've swapped wave for jean grey tho.

Also saving myself yesterday rewarded me with the random variant on the season pass with a dan hipp kitty pride I was hovering over the buy button. Today I succumbed to spider pig tho.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

They hinted at this in a team answer earlier, but I still think that just makes her a cheap + worse Sera.

The thing with this is you can have her in a deck with Zabu and sera too. I’ve gone a lot of games never drawing my electro / zabu

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Aw man, none of the Hipp ones either day were good

Same for everyone.

Snark aside, the Hipp Surfer variant is probably the single worst art in the entire game and it was released the day after the Skan variant that is Surfer's best.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

The original art for that surfer variant, while not amazing, looks better than what ended up in game.

https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1704544415182897499?s=20

They took away the angle that makes the pose a bit more dynamic and the board trail is hidden by the logo/cut out.
There's a charming goofiness to the ingame version but I personally wouldn't use it over any other variants (that I've seen) and even default Surfer is a pretty nice looking card.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive, lmao (collectors cache)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I can't tell if I'm peer pressured into liking Dan hipp stuff or if I actually like Dan hipp stuff

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Vanilla Bison posted:

If you get a Taskmaster in play off of a Jubilee or Arnim Zola, he won't copy the Jubilee or Zola, the "last thing you played" is actually the card you played BEFORE Jubilee or Zola.

Same with Absorbing Man, it's really annoying

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

I love ladder, I definitely haven't been stuck here for three weeks.

I love these friendly locations to gain cubes with!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They coded out all these infinite loop interactions but iron lad scanning iron lad is still in, even though it doesn't do much of anything and doesn't last long thanks to the fast forward feature

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I can't tell if I'm peer pressured into liking Dan hipp stuff or if I actually like Dan hipp stuff

I felt the same way about HIpp's art that I felt about the pixel variants - I generally hated them until a few came along that I actually for really-real liked, and now I love them all (mostly).

A lot of the 'goofier' card variants look way better as a completed deck/set, at least to me.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Instead of using gold to buy his JPGs, I’m gonna have to keep an eye out for these to show up again.

https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1700192799105363984?s=20

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Bradcifer/status/1704698196675469388

So many people will get nothing, which is fine, I'd never spend gold on upgrades.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I spent like 4 gold to replace a single booster I was missing for a grey card. Good investment.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sometimes I wish on reveal worked like battlecry (abilities only activate if played from hand)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

incoherent posted:

milli pages later but i'm having a blast with this. I've swapped wave for jean grey tho.

Also saving myself yesterday rewarded me with the random variant on the season pass with a dan hipp kitty pride I was hovering over the buy button. Today I succumbed to spider pig tho.

Good swap, I did that myself and won my first game due to it.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
There are far worse variants than hip surfer

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BoldFace posted:

I spent like 4 gold to replace a single booster I was missing for a grey card. Good investment.

On the other hand, now your gold total will end in 1 or 6 forever.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Vanilla Bison posted:

Bad wording cards

Another one discovered: Colossus can be moved by the card that makes cards switch sides. Because that's apparently not movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Jedit posted:

On the other hand, now your gold total will end in 1 or 6 forever.

Couldn't they just spend more gold on a small boost