Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Azhais posted:

She's like a Bethesda NPC

She looks like a generic newsreader from a 1980s Paul Verhoeven film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

"Twitter does everything within their power to stop anti-semitism"

Except banning extremely anti-semite accounts

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

geonetix posted:

they wouldn't ban a literal 14-88 account lol

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I got the exact same poo poo for reporting 3 of them Nazi posts. Well played Twitter mods (that don't exist).

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Still lolling that the logo for this everything app is still the "temporary" one provided to Elon by one of his stans, a character from the $29.99 "Special Alphabets 4" font

It also doesn't convey anything about the company behind it. Just lol you've got The Yucc calling upon all her powers to try and give it some jus.. and failing miserably.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 21, 2023

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Y'all just got Yacc'd

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Escape From Noise posted:

Y'all just got Yacc'd

Oh no, not a Yacc Attack!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The new rooftop X sign looks like something built for a bar trying to look hip and trendy.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came from one for cheap.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

No "Blaze your glory!!" ???

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/johncusack/status/1704718138552524949

https://web.archive.org/web/20230921011539/https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-pcrm-neuralink-monkey-deaths/

Edit: More
https://www.pcrm.org/ethical-science/animals-in-medical-research/neuralink/animal15.

CW: Animal abuse.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 21, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"the everything app" sounds so desperate

"If you ever need anything, call me, name's Back-alley Dave, and I'll do any job for a pack of Marlboros, and I mean ANY job, nothing is too illegal or degrading for ol Dave"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sizzle reel featuring music with hooks sounding like farts

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Escape From Noise posted:

Y'all just got Yacc'd

standing room only and the energy was real

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay something funny I just remembered. I watched the entirety of shark tank a few years back during my "foundation", of the company or whatever stage I remember the first episode of season 1 featured a pitch that somebody made was something very similar to neuralink. I don't know if anyone can find that clip and I'll try to before I finish submitting this but holy poo poo

https://youtu.be/bDkDg33uGuc?si=_HopuiOzuDh143kd

There it is. My god :lol:

Having never seen anything of Shark Tank except for brief clips like this, I have only one question

Is this, by pure luck, the one and only time they made a joke along the lines of "send the sharks into a frenzy"? Or do they use that line like every single episode?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

geonetix posted:

lol same

it's this guy btw
his twitter is filled to the brim with literal nazi poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
do they really still have to encode "j3wry" to evade the ban (right before posting the 14 words straight up) or is that just old habits dying hard

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

sizzle reel featuring music with hooks sounding like farts

I think they just used a 10 second Garage Band loop and stretched it out for the full video. It was kinda bizarre how repetitive the music was and the effect it leant to the entire video being far longer and boring than it needed to be. It makes me appreciate the crap music in most commercials a little bit more now.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I hope that they can see
the limitless potential
living inside of X
to become Everything

I hope I can tell Grimes
I am The Great Destrier

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

geonetix posted:

well gee, i cant delete my account on the website because elon musk is definitely able to be reasoned with and will definitely sell the website before he runs it into the ground and it wont be a literal nazi town hall

paywalled, please quote the article

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 21, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what if it was like The Fly but The Monkey

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

My Spirit Otter posted:

paywalled, please quote the article

https://web.archive.org/web/20230921011539/https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-pcrm-neuralink-monkey-deaths/

Archive.org should bypass the paywall.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Started listening to the dollop’s Elon episode in the car today, they always do a couple of ads before the show kicks off and one of the ads was for “at home ketamine treatment by mindbloom” which is pretty appropriate.

I’m only about halfway in so far and I don’t want to ruin anyone else listen so won’t mention the content.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

lol same

it's this guy btw

I made a post on txitter asking if Tesla had plans to build electric guillotines, and I was given a lifetime suspension for advocating violence.

Calling for a literal race war and purge is a-ok though.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

kazil posted:

lol same

it's this guy btw

My previous account was nearly instant banned for posting a link to the Washington Post, but this Nazi poo poo is allowed.

This account is blatant too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

this is sad

"No my site isn't dying, I'm just begging Taylor Swift to post here for fun 🍆🍆🍆"

Yeah, that's a Nazi truck alright

No ur the NPC :elon:

The bigoted guy Elon is replying to here

is this racist rear end in a top hat

This is disingenuous as gently caress as there were far, far more counter protesters. But that doesn't fit his narrative

and yet this is somehow his dumbest post of the night

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A quick search for 'secure the existence'

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If you're curious about their related people

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ynohtna posted:

standing room only and the energy was real

Many are saying this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

this poo poo reeks of video game style marketing before a dev/publisher show except in those you have a couple fun games, this ist just "SPORTS" and "ignore the nazis please".

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sports Nazis Must Die

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Well one person said Russell Brand was nice so he couldn't have possibly raped anyone!

Well, a lot of people say Musk is an idiot, so that's proven then.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
elon musk, the smartest rape detective on earth, is on the case

he's like the real life tony stark, of rapes

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

elon musk, the smartest rape detective on earth, is on the case

much like how Dexter is good at finding serial killers

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

geonetix posted:

They must've sent out a blanket statement to a ton of accounts at the same time.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
“I asked one woman who worked with Rapist Brand if she got raped and she said no.”
Me: “I got four who say he did so I guess I loving win you hair plugged weirdo”

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this poo poo reeks of video game style marketing before a dev/publisher show except in those you have a couple fun games, this ist just "SPORTS" and "ignore the nazis please".
This is making me flash back to early Xbone marketing about how they had the sports and the Xbone will be an everything box. You can picture-in-picture the sports feed into your sports game.

You can say what you will about Xbox and how the brand is still trying to recover from being the everything box 10 years ago but if you ask me, X.com is no zombocom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

E the Shaggy posted:

“I asked one woman who worked with Rapist Brand if she got raped and she said no.”
Me: “I got four who say he did so I guess I loving win you hair plugged weirdo”

Vox populi, vox dei!! :byodood:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Elon spends a lot of time thinking about Rome. Specifically about bundles of sticks and such.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Does anyone have a bluesky invite? I have to uninstall and ignore Twitter because it's just so loving dumb anymore.

After watching that video I have absolutely no idea what Twitter is supposed to be or do.

Also holy gently caress that music was annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm shocked that the thing everyone was saying was nowhere near ready for animal trials was nowhere near ready for animal trials and resulted in harming animals with absolutely no gain in medical knowledge.

Don't worry, though, Elon is ready for humans!