Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I hear they're scouting the forums for replacements. so post your best riffs! Could be the golden ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hey felix. first-time long-time. what if kim jong-un listened to chicago drill? wouldn't that be pog

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i dont understand why all the interview eps are recorded on the set of the adam friedland show. just get 2 more of those chairs

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Pirate Jet posted:

There was precisely one time he was scheduled to do an interview with Michael Kupperman about his memoir at some college book fair (still under Virgil Texas) but it got canceled when the internet took notice and started swarming their mailboxes. Other than that there's only people who claim to have seen him still wandering around the streets of Brooklyn.

I do remember this and I thought that was a joke tweet lol.

Well gently caress him anyways. RIP beltway garage though

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Felix referencing RXK Nephew will never cease to amuse me.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

There was precisely one time he was scheduled to do an interview with Michael Kupperman about his memoir at some college book fair (still under Virgil Texas) but it got canceled when the internet took notice and started swarming their mailboxes. Other than that there's only people who claim to have seen him still wandering around the streets of Brooklyn.

wasn't that the wrong person with a similar name. was it the one where it was a conservative paper or something? and everyone was like "oh go figure Virgil reappears as a trad"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Some people think he made the Twitter account himself to kill his public persona

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

KoRMaK posted:

wasn't that the wrong person with a similar name. was it the one where it was a conservative paper or something? and everyone was like "oh go figure Virgil reappears as a trad"

Wouldn't be the first time someone alleged to have done sex pestery turned hard right

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I thought everyone knew that Justin Cass was arrested at Jan 6th

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Danger posted:

I thought everyone knew that Justin Cass was arrested at Jan 6th

He was there trying to force Pelosi into calling a vote on M4A

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

There was a joke tweet by someone impersonating a Christian paper that he was doing a future op-ed for them that got mass reported as real. The only actual appearance he’s ever been scheduled to make post-allegations is the Kupperman thing. Nothing since.

And as noted previously, a few people have said he’s still in Brooklyn but there are a million people in NYC who look like him tbh.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021
Next goon to make a podcast should do a Serial-style show trying to find him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

well why not posted:

Some people think he made the Twitter account himself to kill his public persona

I had this thought too and it is the funniest possible outcome

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

"oh uh hi, it's me, a uhh 16 year old girl"

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Heath posted:

They weren't blurry, they were just specious. It wasn't clear exactly what her age was when contact was initiated, let alone how old she was when he started hitting on her, or to what extent he was hitting on her. She had some conflicting dates, and I think the impetus for their discussion in the first place was her reaching out to him about an essay she wrote about, specifically, being 16 and turning 17 and how that transition affected her. Much of it only seemed to establish that they had exchanged emails and had at least some kind of quasi-professional communication. All of this came from a (I think) brand new Twitter account that someone pointed out had a kind of suspicious and referential name (I forget what exactly, it's mentioned earlier in this thread.) Accusations of this sort had been made against him before but they were known to be from bad actors trying to entrap him, so there was even more reason to doubt the veracity of any of the claims. It was also kind of suspiciously perfect -- screenshots of him saying the classic "you're very smart for your age" cliché line that's ripe for mockery. The subject of their establishing contact being an essay that would seem to firmly establish her as underage seemed rather convenient to the accusation as well. It was all very questionable and probably could've been avoided by either ignoring it or being like "nah this isn't true."

However.

Basically immediately in the wake of the accusations he just completely loving vanished with no explanation, denial or admittance of any wrongdoing and has been radio silent ever since. We will probably never get an explanation unless someone who knows pipes up. The fact that basically any denial to the shakiness of it (and the subsequent total disappearance of the person who accused him, apparently demanding no further justice than making him unpopular) could have been deflected so easily and he just loving vanished is ten times more damning than anything he was alleged to have done.

There's probably like 5 people who know the Real Truth, chances are though one of those people will post about it here so go ahead. I mean someone popped up out of nowhere in the TAFS thread with details of the Jake Flores thing a couple of months ago (Jake did it).

well why not posted:

Honestly I almost believe this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

well why not posted:

If this happened then it would still count as him stealing somethingawful bits

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

well why not posted:

the lengths he went to get out of podding with brie

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
He got 2 episodes of force the vote: the podcast in the can and he self cancelled to get out of doing any more.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cached Money posted:

I mean someone popped up out of nowhere in the TAFS thread with details of the Jake Flores thing a couple of months ago (Jake did it).

What is this

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Heath posted:

What is this

Jake Flores (allegedly) had "consensual" sex with a mentally disabled woman in a car outside of a bar or comedy club

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
For those who don't follow E1, they've just released a 1 hour 50 minute radio play of "Pixar's Sodas" co-written by Felix and featuring over a dozen chapo-adjacent people. It's... pretty much exactly what you'd expect, for better or worse.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cached Money posted:

Honestly I almost believe this.

He's certainly weird enough, and has form for weird internet chicanery. I'd say it's plausible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Tirade posted:

For those who don't follow E1, they've just released a 1 hour 50 minute radio play of "Pixar's Sodas" co-written by Felix and featuring over a dozen chapo-adjacent people. It's... pretty much exactly what you'd expect, for better or worse.

I may or may not end up listening to this, but I fundamentally admire when people do things, especially when those things are weird and dumb as hell.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
C'mon, guys. The idea of Jake Flores loving Laura Loomer is pretty funny.

Where's my slop?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe it helps that i don't live in nyc but i loving love this man

https://twitter.com/katie_honan/status/1705208259357839622/photo/1

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Is the slop in the trough yet???

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dining at the Table of Success with robocop.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tirade posted:

The greatest story ever told

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's unbelievably stupid, easily the dumbest thing i've ever heard from e1. it's great

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

maybe it helps that i don't live in nyc but i loving love this man

https://twitter.com/katie_honan/status/1705208259357839622/photo/1

I'd buy that for a dollar!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
they didnt even give the robot a gloryhole???

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

C'mon, guys. The idea of Jake Flores loving Laura Loomer is pretty funny.

Where's my slop?

I wonder how good she is with a power drill

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

adebisi lives posted:

I wonder how good she is with a power drill

I know she's great with a scalpel

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sodas is extremely good, the role they gave Matt was loving perfect.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I know the 'Michael Hudson' in the show notes probably isn't the economist but I'm going to pretend it is

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

crepeface posted:

I know the 'Michael Hudson' in the show notes probably isn't the economist but I'm going to pretend it is

I have some news for you.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Cached Money posted:

Jake Flores (allegedly) had "consensual" sex with a mentally disabled woman in a car outside of a bar or comedy club
I'm not saying it didn't happen but it's weird that this describes almost 1:1 a well-known Kyle Kinane bit

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

poo poo

https://www.patreon.com/posts/89694571?utm_campaign=postshare_fan

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Matt finally had the medical emergency that he was dreading on the last couple Grill Streams and it doesn’t sound good at all:

quote:

Hello Grey Wolves,

This is definitely the most difficult thing we’ve ever had to put out through the show. Last Tuesday morning, Matt Christman suffered a sudden, severe medical emergency that will require a significant period of recovery. He is currently in the hospital in stable condition. We are trying very hard to be optimistic, but there’s no easy way to say that he will be out of commission for the indefinite future.

As many of you are aware, Matt and his wife Amber Rollo are also expecting their first child, a daughter, and her delivery is scheduled this Sunday as well. We are all so, so excited and happy to welcome a new little Christman into the world, and we were looking forward to announcing this under better circumstances. But this situation is obviously drastically complicated by Matt’s medical emergency.

We are a family, so we are currently shifting all our priorities and attention to caring for Matt & Amber. A silver lining is Matt is so loved he has a tremendous support network out here - they are surrounded by friends and family and we are all-hands-on-deck helping them through these both tragic and joyous life events.

So listeners, please bear with us as we take our first hiatus in the seven and a half years of doing this show. We need to organize all our efforts around helping Matt in this critical period, and helping Amber through the birth of their daughter. And frankly, we’re just not in any place to give you guys any kind of entertaining material right now. The show WILL go on, though: we will be back next Thursday or the following Monday with new material for you all. We already had a number of all-star guests lined up to cover Matt’s paternity leave, so we will do our best to keep Chapo Trap House here for all of you as soon as we’re able.

Sincerely, thank you all for your support. For all our poo poo talk, we do love you. Matt loves you. We will try to provide appropriate updates and new information as soon as we can. We ask that you do your best to respect Matt & Amber’s privacy right now. And please, please don’t be weird little freaks about any of this. This is an incredibly weird situation for all of us, don’t make it weirder.

All the best & talk to you soon,

Chapo Trap House

Awful especially with the kid coming :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

:(