Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Hadlock posted:

Yeah this is the "bad life decisions" thread

Speaking of which

It'll get twenty clicks to a liter of methylated spirit and it's even in commisar red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Was wondering what was going on with steering wheel and turns out those were for disabled drivers. Sometimes I'm blind and didn't notice the lack of pedals either.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hadlock posted:

Speaking of which

Someone needs to send that to the aging wheels guy.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Those handicap cars are extremely rare. If someone is willing to take a chance on it, they're getting more expensive every year. Simply because of their rarity, as they were never built with longevity in mind, and then used and abused into the ground. People also did not own these cars, they were issued by the state, and then taken away and passed on to another person.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hadlock posted:

Speaking of which

Definitely a "Put it into H" car

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This thing is for sale near me. Pretty sweet for 6k. Has some sort of afterburner setup on the rear, that has to be worth something.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1939-packard-club-sedan/?fbclid=IwAR0kDcf-NgaTi-Nt1VplTJD5Ao-466BAzt_PO4PDOWlh2Py_2O6z4jiOxP4

One murdered out v12 period correct Packard

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 16, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Hadlock posted:

One murdered
It doesn't mean what you think it means

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Yeah, black paint/= murdered

But it is gorgeous.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
That Packard is amazing. The ankle high bumper ensures any wayward pedestrian will fall directly into the hood ornament with their face or catch a sealed beam to the solar plexus.

Even the French are in awe of the efficiency of this killing machine.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1464558121033630

This thing is awesome.

This car looks like it was made for audio competitions back in the 90s then left as is which makes me think that isn't a flat panel tv in the trunk opening deck lid. What else would that panel be?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cage posted:

This car looks like it was made for audio competitions back in the 90s then left as is which makes me think that isn't a flat panel tv in the trunk opening deck lid. What else would that panel be?

Illuminated sign?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yeah, sign or lighted fuse panel, status indicators, that sort of thing.
All that and no pics of the head unit. Also, 3.8L.

Dig the '90s cell phone cradle and antenna mount on the trunk.

edit: ew, creepy-crawler seatbelts. I hate those.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

That Packard and Cougar are both sweet.

Seeing period show cars that haven't been messed with since is always fun. I wanna know what the Cougar owner's playlist is.

Cage posted:

This thing is for sale near me. Pretty sweet for 6k. Has some sort of afterburner setup on the rear, that has to be worth something.

I thought doing something like this would be cool as hell when I was a teen. I'm glad I was too broke to make it happen. It's still cool but I definitely would have regretted burning money that way at that stage in my life. That does look pretty sweet for 6k as long as it's not totally destroyed under the wrap, or ultra high mileage or something.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think it's cool and hell and I'm an adult in my mid forties.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think it looks stupid as gently caress. But, whatever floats your boat. :shrug:

I still wouldn't mind a minty C4 though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I like to think the scratched up steel paint/wrap looks more like worn and faded denim. Then it makes a lot more sense.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Suburban Dad posted:

I like to think the scratched up steel paint/wrap looks more like worn and faded denim. Then it makes a lot more sense.

That would have been better

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/traverse-city-honda-acty-van-snowcatw/7670159909.html

I want this thing more than I should.

"""
1988 Honda 4WD Acty Van WITH Corn Pro tilt trailer. Equipped with Camso UTV tracks, winter nordic classic track groomer and factory standard wheels and tires for summer. This vehicle also includes a custom cover.
Vehicle runs well, has a light weight hitch to pull the groomer and gets lots of attention every where it goes.

- Right-hand drive with manual transmission
- 2017 export certificate from Japan but vehicle has never been titled in the USA. Always used off-road with ORV sticker in winter.
- Odometer mileage in image reflects kilometers. Listing is in miles. Actual mileage may differ because of track use vice wheels.
- New battery installed 2023
""""

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Isn't that thing illegal even despite its off-road only use?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

sounds like something a fed would say :dafuq:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Why would it be illegal? Its federally cleared most certainly, though not state since it's not been titled.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I probably have my poo poo mixed up then, but haven't the feds seized and crushed a bunch of imports for beibg less than 25 years old even though they weren't titled or driven on the road?

Or was that a specific situation that caused that to happen?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I probably have my poo poo mixed up then, but haven't the feds seized and crushed a bunch of imports for beibg less than 25 years old even though they weren't titled or driven on the road?

That van is a 1988 though? The export certificate from 2017 or whatever is just when it was exported from Japan.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

You might be thinking of the Motorex GT-R debacle.

As stated above, that Acty is an ‘88. Very much legal.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

E:^^^^^ Yeah, I thought I recalled that it was a bunch of GTRs.

gently caress, never mind then.

Didn't really take notice of the model year.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
'88 means it has the wee 550cc motor, a year or two newer and it'd have the 660 (the last displacement bump kei's got)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

One thing we can thank Bill Gates for, he fell on that sword with his 959.

(Well maybe not for the "Supercar exemption" or whatever, and I'm guaranteed not remembering stuff correctly....)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-fiat-dino-24/

quote:

The Ferrari-designed aluminum-block 2.0-liter Dino V6 features quad chain-driven overhead camshafts and triple Weber downdraft carburetors.

...8,000rpm redline

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Those exterior photos are not what the actual color looks like, it's the camera spazzing the gently caress out in direct sunlight. They have new better photos uploaded, the colors are gorgeous

People in the comments are noticing rust bubbles in a car that's supposedly undergone restoration, so hopefully all is well

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Nitrox posted:

People in the comments are noticing rust bubbles in a car that's supposedly undergone restoration, so hopefully all is well

Restored to factory fresh condition then I see.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

OBO I was told that this is 1 of 2 known to survive, with the other belonging to a Ntl Packard Club boardmember.
This car was sold in NYC on NYE, right after Pearl Harbor. It's a nicely optioned car & is in GREAT shape, with no rust. All Interior Bakelite parts are there & the Exterior trim is complete, with some duplicates for both. It appears that a "rolling restoration" was started at some point in it's life.
A couple of gents that are way better versed in Packard lore have reviewed the vehicle's condition & all of the parts to confirm that virtually everything is there.
This makes it a great candidate for a proper restoration.

The car itself is unremarkable but THAT is how you write a used car ad

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

Here is a brief excerpt taken from the auction description;Based in France, Monsieur Danton has made a name for himself building hot rods out of European exotics and classics.The car offered here is an extraordinary example of his work. We understand that the original donor car was a 1971 Porsche 911T, into which has been shoehorned a 6.75-litre Bentley V8 engine, sourced from a Bentley Mulsanne Turbo.This is no [Website URL removed] is a properly engineered, meticulously built labour of love by someone who clearly knows what he is doing.The car has a double wishbone front suspension setup with coil over spring/dampers and a solid rear axle. The Bentley engine is putting out more than 300 bhp, in a car weighing less than half the weight of the donor car.We have not tried to start or drive it (it will need basic recommissioning) but we are assuming that it goes like a nervous cheetah at a fireworks display.We are also assuming that it has some sort of sequential or semi-automatic gear shift system. But we do not know.There is evidence on You Tube that it has been up and running (in Miami, we think) in the not-too-distant past.The car has come to us from the now defunct London Motor Museum and is offered for sale on the instruction of a high court

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235232078966

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

quote:

...we are assuming that it goes like a nervous cheetah at a fireworks display.

Feels like a conservative assessment, just looking at that thing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That thing should be in the terrible car thread it's awful

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Its certainly... a....thing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I spy a Crown Vic under that lovely body.
I *love* that grille.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That thing should be in the terrible car thread it's awful

Nah, I can't hate it. Full-sized Hot Wheel.
I have no particular reverence for Porsche, though (while I do acknowledge that they can be fun, fast cars.)

edit: wait, that's only a bit over US$6K? That seems cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I only just now found out that we have a terrible cars thread, thanks