Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

why isnt it rpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

god dammnit it happened again

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

cumpantry posted:

why isnt it rpg

because it's good!

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Sea of Stars

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

BG3 rules.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Crystal Project is a good RPG in part because there's virtually no story

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://primagames.com/tips/the-best-ship-habs-in-starfield

What a boring boring boring boring looking loving piece of poo poo of a game

i wish I could bill Microsoft for my time spent playing

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m on my second (evil) play through of bg3, and it’s STILL way more compelling than starfield ever was.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

deus ex is absolutely an rpg. it meets both definitions of rpg: 1. your character has an inventory that you have to manage and 2. it has swords

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Earwicker posted:

deus ex is absolutely an rpg. it meets both definitions of rpg: 1. your character has an inventory that you have to manage and 2. it has swords

So, Fallout 2 is an RPG, but Fallout 1 isn't. Got it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i think the devil lady is cool

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:haibrow:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol the puddle hasn't been fixed yet

Fitting that a space game by Bethesda has a puddle of wealth you can dip your toes into and receive mountains of loot

I'm sure the Bethesda loyalists will be saying thank you goddess while the loot ot hits their faces

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What puddle

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

There's a puddle outside of new Atlantis that you can crouch down and loot a vendor's inventory box. It'll give you a bunch of poo poo you can just keep waiting 48 hours and continuously get more and more poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ah, that same exploit existed in Skyrim, they never fixed it there, afaik, why would you expect otherwise in Starfield

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

There's a puddle outside of new Atlantis that you can crouch down and loot a vendor's inventory box. It'll give you a bunch of poo poo you can just keep waiting 48 hours and continuously get more and more poo poo

maybe you just need to upgrade tour pc.. ..?/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I mean, on PC Started allows you access to the console and you can summon all the resources you could ever want.

And be God.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

smoobles posted:

They're doing an Oblivion remaster???????

Honestly, WHY. Why not remake morrowind

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Cause they know they'd gently caress that up hard

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

maybe you just need to upgrade tour pc.. ..?/

I updated my PC and the puddle physics are still lagging me out

Maybe I should remain lotionless to allow the game to load

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sekenr posted:

They would have to rewrite and rebuild it from scratch because nothing in Morrowind plays or feels like any of the newer games. The dialogue system? Total overhaul. Map design? Lol, total overhaul, nobody would put up with the bullshit of vivec city nowadays. And of course all the mechanics are dangerously uNbAlAnCeD

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Earwicker posted:

The laser sword that clearly extends like a light saber still takes up it's full extended size in the inventory. <:mad:>

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

A whole "new" engine and the best way they found to implement shopkeeper inventories is still chests buried in the ground...

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Fobby posted:

A whole "new" engine and the best way they found to implement shopkeeper inventories is still chests buried in the ground...

just like shopkeepers in real life

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fobby posted:

It's a new engine as in it's been spray painted a different color

But it's the same crappy engine that has taken them from daggerfall to ESO.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

They would have to rewrite and rebuild it from scratch because nothing in Morrowind plays or feels like any of the newer games. The dialogue system? Total overhaul. Map design? Lol, total overhaul, nobody would put up with the bullshit of vivec city nowadays. And of course all the mechanics are dangerously uNbAlAnCeD

it's more about the experimental and weird spirit of the game that seems like it would be tough for them to recreate (remake or not)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im going to sign up to help the skywind people if they need any sound design or music. maybe ill try some voice work too.

if you have any relevent nerd skills and want to see the closest thing to a morrowind remaster we're ever going to get, you should help out too! https://tesrskywind.com/

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
they should remake starfield next

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

R.L. Stine posted:

they should remake starfield next

yup. its high on my wishlist

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's a new engine as in it's been spray painted a different color

But it's the same crappy engine that has taken them from daggerfall to ESO.

Its an iteration of the Creation Engine, which was used for FO4, Skyrim, and FO76, Starfield is using Creation Engine 2.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

CommieGIR posted:

Its an iteration of the Creation Engine, which was used for FO4, Skyrim, and FO76, Starfield is using Creation Engine 2.

Yeah every decade or so they change the name of their engine, but it's still the same codebase under the hood.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Triikan posted:

Yeah every decade or so they change the name of their engine, but it's still the same codebase under the hood.

At least its not Unity, only the best stuff uses Unity!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Fobby posted:

Starfield uses Creation Engine 2 which is, unsurprisingly, an iteration of the Creation Engine (Skyrim, FO4, FO76), and Creation Engine is a fork of the Gamebryo Engine (Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3). Despite Morrowind being old enough to drink a lot of the same engine quirks from that game are still present in Starfield because if you dig deep enough it's all still using the same code.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

At least its not Unity, only the best stuff uses Unity!

At least bottom of the barrel Unity games can have cars and ladders in them. Forbidden technology, in Toddslands.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

starfield has ladders and its a Big Deal

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have there been any ladders that aren't inside a ship? i can't recall any, but maybe i subconsciously ignore them and just boost up, since the boost pack is one of the few features they really nailed

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bad Purchase posted:

have there been any ladders that aren't inside a ship? i can't recall any, but maybe i subconsciously ignore them and just boost up, since the boost pack is one of the few features they really nailed

I don't think so actually it's all ramps lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I don't think so actually it's all ramps lol

do buildings count as ships? There's a ladder in the base on Kreet next to the first lockpick crate