Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

2023 Ford Bronco! This one's deceptively complex because of the ride height. Putting a Technic brick right under these mudguards makes the car sit too low to convincingly be a 4x4. Putting a plate in between makes it way too high and the gap between the wheels and mudguards looks odd. So, I did some silly bullshit to get a 1/2 plate lift.

Very nice! Whenever I think of the new Bronco, it’s in that powder/light blue I always see them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

esperantinc posted:

This is great. Thank you for using the correct number of doors, ha.
The full size ones just look worse! They also look a lot worse without the spare tire on the back, IMO. Not sure what it is, but every time I see one in person that I'm kind of "eh" about, it's missing the tire. When I see them with it, especially the 2-doors, I'm like YEAHHHH PRETTY CAR

The_Doctor posted:

Very nice! Whenever I think of the new Bronco, it’s in that powder/light blue I always see them in.
I've seen a couple of those. I like the dark green ones as well. This model was originally going to be dark turquoise, since I haven't built a car in that color yet, but it didn't quite look proper and I ended up using some techniques that forced me to switch the color. I went with this because it's very close to that shade of yellow that kind of feels like the marketing flagship color for this car. Certainly it's the color you'd think of if you played Forza Horizon 5, since you drive a yellow one in the intro.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Carbohydrates posted:

The full size ones just look worse! They also look a lot worse without the spare tire on the back, IMO. Not sure what it is, but every time I see one in person that I'm kind of "eh" about, it's missing the tire. When I see them with it, especially the 2-doors, I'm like YEAHHHH PRETTY CAR

I'm such a pedant about Broncos since I love the original ones so much that the 4-door ones don't even count to me, ha. I mean I get it everyone wants giant SUVs, but there was never a 4-door version previously, you can't sling one on me now.

Also the Bronco Sport is just an Escape. Get that name out of your mouth.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not to turn this into car chat but a prerequisite for me in a 4x4 is to be able to put a sleeping platform in it. The 2 door can't do it unless you're willing to remove the passenger seat. Even the four door is kinda pushing it on interior volume. Yeah people have invented roof tents to work around that but in an era where fuel economy is paramount those come with serious drawbacks.

But even with that in mind, a four door bronco is a crime against nature. I'll never buy one. Same for a four door wangler.

So put me in the "two door bronco is so pretty" camp.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

xzzy posted:

Not to turn this into car chat but a prerequisite for me in a 4x4 is to be able to put a sleeping platform in it. The 2 door can't do it unless you're willing to remove the passenger seat. Even the four door is kinda pushing it on interior volume. Yeah people have invented roof tents to work around that but in an era where fuel economy is paramount those come with serious drawbacks.

But even with that in mind, a four door bronco is a crime against nature. I'll never buy one. Same for a four door wangler.

So put me in the "two door bronco is so pretty" camp.

I really wanted to preorder the two door bronco but the lack of interior / cargo volume made me really consider the bastardized four door variant lol. They couldn't even have fold flat seats in the two door????
Either way i think i dodged a bullet with all the delays and price gouging and grenading engines.

I do still want a 2-door heritage bronco in cactus gray.... :(

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The rear seats do fold flat in the two door, but the catch is you have to fold the seat bottoms up. And even then the load floor isn’t perfectly level with the cargo area; it’s raised slightly.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

How does that bronco compare next to the one they did for the Bronco/GT40 set?
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ford-gt-heritage-edition-and-bronco-r-76905

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

AFewBricksShy posted:

How does that bronco compare next to the one they did for the Bronco/GT40 set?
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ford-gt-heritage-edition-and-bronco-r-76905
It's half again smaller at 6 studs wide as opposed to 9. I don't have the official Bronco R together so you won't be getting any pics, but that thing is HUGE.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I finally got some time to build a couple Technic kits I got on deep discount some weeks ago

TorakFade posted:

local Amazon had a bundle deal with 2 for the price of one on a few (small and kinda not great) sets

I am now the proud owner of:

60383 ev car
60312 police car
42147 technic dump truck
42132 technic "motorcycle"

for 4€ each, you could do worse I guess, but I need to find some good alternate builds at least for the motorcycle because hoo boy is that thing ugly

Just letting you all know I came around big time on the motorcycle. Yeah it's not exactly a beautiful replica, but it was nice to put togheter, it looks much better in real life than in photos, and the moving engine and chain is :discourse: for a set this small and cheap; plus the steering column/front fork is really well made, and the whole model feels solid. I'd say it's a great buy at full price (10bux), for a little less than half that it was an absolute steal. Much, much better than the dump truck which while fun, isn't exactly stellar for 10€, and would be just "yeah this is fine, there's surely worse things than this" at half price.

Now I can start working on the Galaxy Explorer and/or my 2023 City-line made city (I'm also keeping tabs on some nice City sets from 2022 - looks like that was the year they started diversifying "modern City" a bit from literally only fire/police/hospital stuff - but as with everything retired, they're only available for inflated prices and looks like they weren't that cheap from the start for the n° of pieces so eh, maybe I'll just wait for City 2024? But I kind of want the 60345 farmer's van+field , my citizens can't eat only noodles and pizza, they'll all get obese and die soon :( )

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 21, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No one mentioned:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/alpine-lodge-10325

Looks real good. $99 for 1500 pieces. Oct 4.

LMAO

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$60 for this in Nov:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That might be the best mario set they've done yet.

Fun display piece, not too over the top, can fit into any shelf.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

No one mentioned:

LMAO

Pooping with your pants up? What a dummy!

xzzy posted:

That might be the best mario set they've done yet.

Fun display piece, not too over the top, can fit into any shelf.
Agree I really like it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Waltzing Along posted:

No one mentioned:

LMAO

So one of the minifigs is a man with a widows peak who's writing a book in an alpine lodge?

Does the set come with an axe?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Finally a LEGO plant set I want to buy!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

$60 for this in Nov:

I'm broke, but yeah that's a buy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

$60 for this in Nov:

Oh that’s great, put it in amongst the other botanical sets.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

esperantinc posted:

Finally a LEGO plant set I want to buy!

:chloe:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HootTheOwl posted:

Pooping with your pants up? What a dummy!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
poo poo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bricklink really needs to fix their poo poo.

It needs:
Ability to filter complete used sets by whether they have instructions.
Sellers to not be able to sell broken parts as part of a "complete" set.
Filters for broken/damaged parts, in general.

It's just stupid that that stuff is allowed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

Bricklink really needs to fix their poo poo.

It needs:
Ability to filter complete used sets by whether they have instructions.
Sellers to not be able to sell broken parts as part of a "complete" set.
Filters for broken/damaged parts, in general.

It's just stupid that that stuff is allowed.
It's incredibly seller friendly and often too hard to use

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

HootTheOwl posted:

It's incredibly seller friendly and often too hard to use

Yep. When I complained to the admins the response was "without sellers, there is no BL."

Sure. Then why did Ebay become super buyer friendly? Is it because you need actual sales for the whole thing to work?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Yep. When I complained to the admins the response was "without sellers, there is no BL."

Sure. Then why did Ebay become super buyer friendly? Is it because you need actual sales for the whole thing to work?

yeah i'm not exactly fearing for the livelihood of people that have enough money to invest in reselling lego

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Got my last parts order in today for my 2023 Nissan Z in eye-searing neon vibrant yellow!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Carbohydrates posted:

Got my last parts order in today for my 2023 Nissan Z in eye-searing neon vibrant yellow!

You madman, those pieces are supposed to be accent colors only!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lemon sorbet lookin rear end lego car

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty accurate honestly:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Carbohydrates posted:

It's kinda magical how bricks turn 2023 cars into their 1980s versions. :allears:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
My only bricklink experience was trying to buy an out-of-production sealed set. (One of the halloween sets) I picked a seller within EU because that means no customs, and usually very easy shipping. Then the seller immediately quoted a shipping price 3x the cost of the set, and when I cancelled the order, they sent me multiple belligerent messages about how that is actually completely normal, and that I should do my research.

Then I just found the same drat thing on ebay with actually reasonable shipping prices listed before you even decide to order.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

God, it really is just a thicc Porsche 911

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Bloody Pom posted:

Pretty accurate honestly:

Yeah, electric yellow is somewhat common in 2020s cars. I actually had a few to pick from when I decided to build with Vibrant Yellow. I think this is a solid enough match.

Fun fact, there are so few useful parts in this color that the model actually only uses 14 unique vibrant yellow pieces, despite almost the whole car being that color. For instance, it uses 26x cheese slopes!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 22, 2023

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1704860676404269521

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Piranha Plants poop coins lore confirmed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wonder if LEGO were t9 get enough complaints about BL they would fix it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I know it is an old set, but I just finished the McLaren 2 pack Speed Champions. I thought the Solus was boring to look at but man, that thing had some really cool techniques. Again, I know this is old hat to you folks in here but I just finished them so shut up :)

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Isn't that set only like a year or two old, or am I the crazy one here?

E: released in March of this year??

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm pretty sure it's being retired this year right? I thought that's why I picked it up but my old rear end brain is rarely correct these days. I just know that it had been out for quite a while and no one was waiting for my hot take that it was a good kit :-)

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Everyone deserves to build that amazing 2 pack. What a freakin' set, definitely one of the best build quality per dollar out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Seeing all of the amazing official and MOC car stuff makes me weep because I'm a train dude and there's so much potential. I'd hoped that we might get some more advanced display quality trains after the Crocodile and the UCS Hogwarts Express, but it's kinda seemed to fizzle out. It sucks because the Hogwarts Express was absolutely a blast to build.