Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

DLC Inc posted:

tweet says "longer" not "no longer" lol

They always add a few inches, standard practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:sigh: Great, Ali is working for WWE for even longer.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/aliwwe/status/1704862785224450228?s=46&t=YLj_CtUx2GT6lj8SkodQMQ

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
SWERVED

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Cavauro posted:

how bout a big super show once a month called smack it raw. airs on wednesday from 7pm to 11pm.

ugly laughing at this post thanks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LMAOOOO

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

YES

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Actually, he said "I acquit"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I really hope he drops all the details about the offensive storyline they tried to make him do

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I really hope he drops all the details about the offensive storyline they tried to make him do

He’s just going to tweet sheik abdul bashir’s tna entrance and say “that but worse”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good for him!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

tweet says "longer" not "no longer" lol

lol

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He’s re-signed

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Apparently there was an angle where Ali won a title shot but it was given to Dragon Lee or something and told people he was going to do something on Raw to protest? So I guess something changed quick.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

the Ciampa match with Giovanni Vinci was the least-watched Raw match in history, with 1,192,000 viewers

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Apparently there was an angle where Ali won a title shot but it was given to Dragon Lee or something and told people he was going to do something on Raw to protest? So I guess something changed quick.

He had won a title shot for No Mercy. I didn't see what they did on this last NXT but yeah, my guess is they thought maybe this would keep him around but it didn't. I'm glad he's out since they wasted him and hope he goes somewhere and gets a good push.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mama mia!!!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You think NXT and main roster creative coordinate anything?

Also anyone on a main roster deal who is hanging out at NXT are prime targets for cost cutting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1704866632693141872

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ari came in to make cuts, they proudly showed him the guy they've paid hundreds of thousands out of raw spite, expecting to be praised

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This still makes me lol

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

projecthalaxy posted:

Ari came in to make cuts, they proudly showed him the guy they've paid hundreds of thousands out of raw spite, expecting to be praised

lol

The funniest part is that this is probably pretty accurate, some WME beancounter going down the payrolls and saying "Who is this person that has a talent contract and hasn't been on television in...well now this can't be right."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JethroMcB posted:

lol

The funniest part is that this is probably pretty accurate, some WME beancounter going down the payrolls and saying "Who is this person that has a talent contract and hasn't been on television in...well now this can't be right."

"but sir, he tweeted he didn't want to work here anymore, we had to keep him"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Based on how the cuts went around the pandemic, I've kind of had this gut feeling that one or both of KO/Sami could be on the block if they have to cut significant costs. Fairly recent new contracts, absurd amounts from what we've heard, Sami kind of feels like he's peaked in WWE in terms of overness. And if you're looking at the high salary guys, I feel like Vince would have the least attachment to them. They feel right in the Braun/Bray surprise cut wheelhouse.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/1704870539540705609

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it begins!!!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Looks like SRS got worked (now-deleted tweet said he heard that Ali's release wasn't indicative of a larger talent purge)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oof

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Looks like SRS got worked

couldn't be... there's no way

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hahahaha

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Putting smiles on faces

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JethroMcB posted:

Looks like SRS got worked (now-deleted tweet said he heard that Ali's release wasn't indicative of a larger talent purge)

it keeps happening

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't this like the third time they've released her?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Chris James 2 posted:

Between that and the lede being buried that Raw's not staying, and also in addition to the offscreen cuts having happened last week onscreen cuts are rumored/likely soon, they're not liking what they're hearing post-merger

They’re probably just upset it was only a 40 percent increase. The whole point of the merger was to get massive tv deals and this is kind of a whimper.

I don’t know what you mean about cuts. The stock would probably go up with cuts right.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This is actually heinous.

I hope she goes back to somewhere that appreciates her more.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Silly Rong Stupid?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JethroMcB posted:

What's the wi-ckedly talented Adeel Dazeem

you know ive never understood this. is that her name, is that not her name, is it a nickname, was he so hosed up that's what came out, etc

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Isn't this like the third time they've released her?

At least the second. They tried to do some repackage of her and he real life boyfriend Riddick Moss but it sucked and she disappeared again.

Makes me worried for Gargano (unless he lands in his feet in AEW)

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Aliyah don’t pick up the phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Here it cooooooomes