Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

kuarduck posted:

It's Branson, isn't it?

e: Branson has a smaller one apparently

Boones Mill, VA. Sad dying dirtpoor town of under 250. So a perfect place for a Trump church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

its crazy to me bc his bronzer application is so bad! he's got a loving circle face! why is a mask rubbing the edges his breaking point??? his perception of what looks good and doesn't is so loving warped

anyone who actually enjoys makeup gets incredibly upset at seeing trump. the assault on drag artists started in 2016, with his election.

I wonder if he’s going to make his own prison bronzer out of M&M candy coatings like the ladies from Orange is the New Black.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder if he’s going to make his own prison bronzer out of M&M candy coatings like the ladies from Orange is the New Black.

He will try.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

butt dickus posted:

i saw the prominent whiskey glass and immediately realized he was making fun of conservatives who post poo poo like that. i then looked that up because i knew some humorless person would challenge me on it
How do you feel about Fetterman in shorts?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

The Last Call posted:

Let's see how McCarthy is doing right now.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1704888404838928738

Yup. Yup. Look at him. He's having the best of days. He is loving this.

He's a masochist.

He's gonna strangle Matt Gaetz first opportunity he gets and the house will acquit

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

jesus loving christ. this entire article is loving horrifying, and hopefully will withstand the test of time as a definitive portrait of the pumpkin president.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1704873557887500459

Women for Trump! Fight to lose your rights now! Become a Handmaiden!

How do these people even reconcile themselves with hermaphroditism

Oh wait they don't, they'd probably do like ancient Sparta and leave that baby in the wilderness

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

(murders someone)

well he was going to die anyways.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hazo posted:

My wife spent last week in Disney with three friends, and two of them tested positive for Covid immediately after they got back.

She and I have felt sick all week, but we've tested three times (also had to pay out of pocket for new tests) and have been negative each time. So here's hoping we're fine and didn't get some new strain the tests don't pick up or something.

But I didn't know they were going to start sending out new tests. That's great: https://www.covid.gov/tests

In a normal world Ron would be treated like the scumbag criminal failed governor he is. Just outright refusing to treat a public health crisis because smoothbrains have been poisoned by lies is inexcusable.

Oh drat I didn't know about the free tests either, that rules. It's loving bullshit that insurance won't reimburse them anymore. My whole family recently had covid and a family of 4 can burn hundreds of dollars on tests if you are trying to be cautious. I assume most just yolo it since who has several hundred bucks to drop on tests, especially if you're already missing work cause you're sick

During said infection I got sick and tested positive immediately, but it took the rest of the family like a week to finally pop positive despite feeling lovely. Covid is very weird. Hope you feel better soon :respek: The new variant sucks rear end, I was in bed for several days even fully vaxxed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Civil posted:

He's gonna strangle Matt Gaetz first opportunity he gets and the house will acquit

Nah, this Really Bad Week for K-Mack has shown that Gaetz is actually the Speaker of the House right now, so if anything the House would convict McCarthy for it.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The Last Call posted:

He's a masochist.

On tuesday I went from "mccarthy isn't going to lose the gavel" to "lol he's utterly hosed" in the space of 2 hours. He's a dead man walking at this point. I don't see how he retains the speakership. His only way out right now is through the Democrats and he's going to get utterly blasted if he even tries.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Raku posted:

How do these people even reconcile themselves with hermaphroditism

Oh wait they don't, they'd probably do like ancient Sparta and leave that baby in the wilderness

They're intentionally mixing up gender with biological sex (which is also wrong, as you mentioned, because intersex humans exist).

But the answer to your question is:

"*waves hands* I'm not talking about THOSE PEOPLE because there's so few of them to matter. I'm talking about the millions of kids being groomed to identify as toasters!

(I hate that first group of people too though.)"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1704908817405010113

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

vaginite posted:

It was in direct response to the stadium one.

Another NMgoon?

Ok, the 'Topes was the last straw, we had another two road rage killings that same week. It's loving stupid as gently caress. I want to give her a hand for trying, but she loving knew it wouldn't work and she'd have no support from law enforcement out here.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

He's a masochist.

Why even bring it up for a vote? Do people lie to the him/the whip they are going to vote yes?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao even Tommy Two-tone gave up

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

Why even bring it up for a vote? Do people lie to the him/the whip they are going to vote yes?

Y'know when something gets caught in a bear trap and they writhe around and bite at the wound repeatedly, even though it's pointless?

Yeah that

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

wilderthanmild posted:

Because he’s a loving idiot, OP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Imagine doing something out of civic duty to the nation lol.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Dinesh was born in the 60s

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wait, no, i like this one better

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

"We're still all trying to find the guy that did this"

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Once again, MTG is the ugliest American

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1704916397271163152

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Toxic Mental posted:

lol convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza was born in the 60s

Please include his full title

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
lmao Matt Gaetz only cares about any of this because he's gonna run for Governor of FL

just lol that Matt Gaetz is doing this to McCarthy for clout

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's nice of the GOP to publicly out who is getting paid the Rubles like this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

butt dickus posted:

i saw the prominent whiskey glass and immediately realized he was making fun of conservatives who post poo poo like that. i then looked that up because i knew some humorless person would challenge me on it

Just say that you have no idea who david brooks is, this doubling down is breathtakingly stupid to anyone who has even the most basic knowledge of what he has written

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

butt dickus posted:

lmao that everyone missed that this is an obvious joke. don't try to tell me he's a chud, he wrote an opinion for the NYT called The Case for Reparations

David Brooks is the king of devils advocate with logic so twisted you aren't even sure he is playing devils advocate.

He will write stuff that is basically I talked to these Nazis in Iowa and while obviously Nazis are bad, maybe they have a point about Obama that we ivory tower elites have been overlooking.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

This is a question I've had since I was in school that never got adequately answered. What is a whip and what do thdy do? I get that they're the assistant party leader essentially, but what do they actually do?

Because it seems to me like it's a person whose job is to be on friendly enough terms with everyone, or at least have the backing of a large enough group of randos with agendas, such that he can go around and ensure the un/official leaders of these little subgroups - "freedom caucus", whatever drinking clubs and golf teams clump together, etc - are more or less coerced or convinced to try to round up their own subordinates. Essentially, a henchman who ensures the subordinates keep their own henchmen in line, which is done by just.... Chatting, being friends, maintaining intra-party bonds and poo poo. Being charismatic enough to make MTG, Gaetz and Cletus Q. Nobody (R-KY) want to show up and do the thing before going back to kicking other kids in the sandbox.

Am I in the neighborhood? Or is there a more legalistic or professional capacity here that I'm not seeing?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The whip is the party leader on the floor, yeah.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Shishkahuben posted:

This is a question I've had since I was in school that never got adequately answered. What is a whip and what do thdy do? I get that they're the assistant party leader essentially, but what do they actually do?

Because it seems to me like it's a person whose job is to be on friendly enough terms with everyone, or at least have the backing of a large enough group of randos with agendas, such that he can go around and ensure the un/official leaders of these little subgroups - "freedom caucus", whatever drinking clubs and golf teams clump together, etc - are more or less coerced or convinced to try to round up their own subordinates. Essentially, a henchman who ensures the subordinates keep their own henchmen in line, which is done by just.... Chatting, being friends, maintaining intra-party bonds and poo poo. Being charismatic enough to make MTG, Gaetz and Cletus Q. Nobody (R-KY) want to show up and do the thing before going back to kicking other kids in the sandbox.

Am I in the neighborhood? Or is there a more legalistic or professional capacity here that I'm not seeing?

My understanding is that it's basically this. But they can also threaten/offer things like committee assignments and the like.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Shishkahuben posted:

I hope this clears things up: https://youtu.be/LKmCMqIG2vo?si=oV70Eht21WU5b0EN

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Shishkahuben posted:

That's exactly how I understand it.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Hazo posted:

They're intentionally mixing up gender with biological sex (which is also wrong, as you mentioned, because intersex humans exist).

But the answer to your question is:

"*waves hands* I'm not talking about THOSE PEOPLE because there's so few of them to matter. I'm talking about the millions of kids being groomed to identify as toasters!

(I hate that first group of people too though.)"

More like: "They are freaks, but at least they have the good sense of not asking us to pretend they are normal"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the whip is supposed to whip up the votes. be it by friendship or skullduggery or whatever. the whip makes sure the important votes get through for the sake of the party

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

rotinaj posted:

Just say that you have no idea who david brooks is, this doubling down is breathtakingly stupid to anyone who has even the most basic knowledge of what he has written
this is true, i don't know who he is, but the post is clearly a joke and i'm gonna triple down on that. this is straight from the top of his twitter page, seems ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

the whip is supposed to whip up the votes. be it by friendship or skullduggery or whatever. the whip makes sure the important votes get through for the sake of the party

in fact, the portrait of the most famous and accomplished whip there ever was happened to be a central piece of the puzzle when a man tazed his balls to death in the Capitol Building