Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

lol that's me. I saw 200 new posts and I was like either the stocks tanked again or a bunch of people were fired.

It’s both! -11.49%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

lol that's me. I saw 200 new posts and I was like either the stocks tanked again or a bunch of people were fired.

Why not both? :v:

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lid posted:

The funniest thing for the Ziggler release is a whole generation saying THEY ARE RUINING MY CHILDHOOD and realising some of these people could've been 4 when they first saw him and are in their 20s now. Ziggler is their life.

Jesus Christ. How are they still fans of wrestling after that? Or life itself, for that matter?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard if you haven’t already seen, would you like to guess why the stock dropped? These are your two choices:

1) They are making less money
2) They are making more money

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wouldn't mind seeing Emma in AEW. And Shelton Benjamin.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Shard if you haven’t already seen, would you like to guess why the stock dropped? These are your two choices:

1) They are making less money
2) They are making more money

lol I aint even worried. I got 20 stocks purchased. If there is one thing you can count on, it's that eventually this company will trip rear end backwards towards financial success. Hell their stock was like 68 earlier this year and then peaked at 115.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

lol I aint even worried. I got 20 stocks purchased. If there is one thing you can count on, it's that eventually this company will trip rear end backwards towards financial success. Hell their stock was like 68 earlier this year and then peaked at 115.

The answer is they are now making more money, but not as much more money as investors would have liked.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lid posted:

They did what

Images from stan twitter but it's the only place I could find it post deletion
https://twitter.com/GOATGOD_1000/status/1557469127798931458

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shard will succeed where EMF failed us and buy the forum jackets

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I doubt anyone bigger than Ziggler will be let go but I'd kill for Sheamus in...any other company, really, just to see him do stuff in a new environment.

I know it's fun to clown on Top Dolla for some dumb tweets and that extremely funny botch but it does actually suck that Hit Row got over with Swerve, released in bulk, brought back in a really cool moment, and then jerked around and released again. Bad luck, brought up too soon, etc. I liked his speech he gave when Bray died and I feel like he and Ashanti Thee Adonis had something. Not all the time, but y'know, something that could have been cultivated instead of stamped out by the failures of the WWE machine.

Rarity posted:

They were such a great weirdo trio, they deserved a way longer run together

Team Rocket!! They were awesome.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

maruhkati posted:

Jesus Christ. How are they still fans of wrestling after that? Or life itself, for that matter?

They lived in an era where the only easily obtainable alternative was TNA. No chance they were seeing Bryan Danielson era ROH. To them Ziggler style WWE was the only wrestling they knew until four years ago.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

brought back in a really cool moment

https://youtu.be/3YXkzdRXat0?si=grUmYWRHGyE6ABUC

???

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
poo poo row

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/UjjwalAman1/status/1704917674768400542?t=kwbd9RWh7GqVWRupvkPBSA&s=19

That's the good stuff

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I liked how Samantha Irvine announced them :) And I thought it was neat that people were getting rehired.

Hindsight is..well, you know the rest.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

wow, that was the name. been a long time haha

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lid posted:

They lived in an era where the only easily obtainable alternative was TNA. No chance they were seeing Bryan Danielson era ROH. To them Ziggler style WWE was the only wrestling they knew until four years ago.

But there were alternatives besides TNA. Specifically, literally anything other than wrestling, which is what I was enjoying for the great majority of this time period.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Shard will succeed where EMF failed us and buy the forum jackets

I will not. I will most likely get my tree taken down or buy a new rocking chair recliner.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shard posted:

I will not. I will most likely get my tree taken down or buy a new rocking chair recliner.

Be the hero this forum deserves

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Be the hero this forum deserves

This is what we deserve lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I would like to reiterate

Michael Cole is the worst commentator in pro wrestling and should have been fired roughly 25 years ago when he still had frosted tips

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Lumbermouth posted:

Images from stan twitter but it's the only place I could find it post deletion
https://twitter.com/GOATGOD_1000/status/1557469127798931458

:whitewater:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I95HoxVPC0

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sandman McMahon posted:

So basically take Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff from the gimmick battle royal and then work backwards to imagine what they would have been like during the attitude era and new generation. That’s wild.

Little different as Sheik and Volkoff were already 12 and 17 year vets at Mania 1 but yes, essentially. If you prefer, debuting today ans lasting until spring 2040.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rowlf Zaggler in the Impact Zone.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shard posted:

the stock was worth 10$ back when they were doing double their current ratings

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dolph is a tool but I'd be lying to say I'm not a little curious to see what he could do in AEW.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
it's hard to understand people getting into wrestling through WWE in the 2010s

I'm taking sanity damage trying to comprehend it

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dolph is a tool but I'd be lying to say I'm not a little curious to see what he could do in AEW.

he's probably gonna wrestle his brother for the bte title

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would watch the poo poo outta Ziggler vs Rickie Starks.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I forget which WWE mouthpiece bigger up Ziggler by saying he could have a banger with Okada back in 2018/19 but I kinda of want to see that match now lamo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dodgeblan posted:

it's hard to understand people getting into wrestling through WWE in the 2010s

I'm taking sanity damage trying to comprehend it

I feel extremely bad for anyone who was watching as a small child during the raw guest host era

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If I were five then, I'd say "daddy i dont want to watch the nexus get me pwg tapes"

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sandman McMahon posted:

I think he retired to be a journalist or something.

If by jounalist, you mean he goes on Fox News and talks about beating his kids, then yeah I guess he became a journalist

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

insanely loyal to the company for almost 20 years, did every stupid thing they gave him, probably only a few more years left in the tank, fired alongside Rick Boogs. i dont even like ziggler that much but goddamn

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Rowlf Zaggler in the Impact Zone.

Tony: Rowlf?

*Rowlf wakes up on a hammock*

Rowlf: Huh?

Tony: Want to sign with AEW?

Rowlf: Okay.

*flashback ends*

Rowlf: Heh. Classic.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Endorph posted:

insanely loyal to the company for almost 20 years, did every stupid thing they gave him, probably only a few more years left in the tank, fired alongside Rick Boogs. i dont even like ziggler that much but goddamn

made the mistake of showing his face on BTE, out on his rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lid posted:

My strongest memory of Zigglef was the elimination chamber where Mark henys door was opened by accident and the match got sent to a screeching halt leading yo all six men standing in a circle while Ziggler loudly started calling spots to try and get people to move
that match was great because ziggler kept trying to get poo poo like a tower spot to happen instead of just telling everyone to do the obvious thing of everyone ganging up on henry and then going back to the match they had planned

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I saw a thing that said Sheamus’ deal is up in 2024 so I’d assume he doesn’t get released and if anything doesn’t re-sign next year if he intends to leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I will always associate Ziggler with the "MEGADEATH" patch and him being a huge poser