Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

HootTheOwl posted:

Ezra Atradies

Kul Lothad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

HootTheOwl posted:

Ezra Atradies

Yeah those eyes are pretty drat blue

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Ezra Atradies

He's going to ride the Purgil between galaxies like a sandworm. And then probably take out some imperials while riding a Krayt dragon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Force must flow.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Fake SMg post:

"Ah yes, the sacred triad of femininity, represented by these three women who vaguely interact. Then, over there... four more women! That is the sacred quadrangle of femininity. And do spy Fenrir, the wolf spirit? [A dog is onscreen.] I am taken on an inwards journey by these magicks, and made euphoric!"

Real SMg post:

Why does the blonde Jedi need to be explained everything that's happening. "Who are you again? What are we doing here? Witchcraft??? "

If you’re going to call me stupid, then at least have the self-confidence quote me directly. Goon passive-aggressive smugness is wearisome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Guess I forgot how blue his eyes were. :3:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Guess I forgot how blue his eyes were. :3:

I like that they kept his scars. That was a nice touch.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

HootTheOwl posted:

Ezra Atradies

"What do you call the mouse shadow on the second moon?"

"That's no moon..."

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Quoting for the new page.

At the risk of looking too excited for fash aesthetics, because these are the bad guys, but holy loving poo poo LOOK AT THIS DUDE. If that isn't one of the single most obviously Star Wars yet ""I have never seen this before in Star Wars" image in forever.

God drat. So good.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This is like the nitpick to end all nitpicks, but I think they could have done the kintsugi aesthetic without the lazy shorthand of having all the armor be slathered with dirt. That aspect of it was a bit silly

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does anime exist in starwars universe?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

No Mods No Masters posted:

This is like the nitpick to end all nitpicks, but I think they could have done the kintsugi aesthetic without the lazy shorthand of having all the armor be slathered with dirt. That aspect of it was a bit silly

Yeah what happened thrawn, you guys run out of sand and spit?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does anime exist in starwars universe?

The 03 Clone Wars mini-series was essentially in-universe propaganda, and events from it have been referenced dozens of times both before and after the Disney buyout

Perhaps that's also what Visions is, with different screenwriters sitting around throwing out ideas while playing Sabacc

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

The 03 Clone Wars mini-series was essentially in-universe propaganda, and events from it have been referenced dozens of times both before and after the Disney buyout

Perhaps that's also what Visions is, with different screenwriters sitting around throwing out ideas while playing Sabacc

There’s also that cartoon Chewie’s son watched in the Holiday Special if you want to count that

Speaking of, was that animated by the same people who did the Droids show?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 21, 2023

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Yeah what happened thrawn, you guys run out of sand and spit?

I could see an argument if they were on a desert planet or something and couldn't justify using water, but there looks to be no lack of moisture on the witch planet. Actual kintsugi things tend to be meticulously taken care of despite their repairedness, which seems like it would be more in keeping with thrawn anyway

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Parkingtigers posted:

At the risk of looking too excited for fash aesthetics, because these are the bad guys, but holy loving poo poo LOOK AT THIS DUDE. If that isn't one of the single most obviously Star Wars yet ""I have never seen this before in Star Wars" image in forever.
Bad guys in Star Wars are supposed to look cool even though they're bad. That's part of the whole deal.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I felt a great disturbance in the force... like a million nerds all learning the word "kintsugi" at once

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Parkingtigers posted:

I felt a great disturbance in the force... like a million nerds all learning the word "kintsugi" at once

Pokémon just added a kintsugi pokemon in the new dlc for scarlet/violet so Big Kintsugi’s stock is way up right now

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Parkingtigers posted:

How quickly we forget TROS Kylo's helmet

For good reason

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Parkingtigers posted:

Wasn't there a whole campaign talking it up for Kylo's helmet aesthetic in TLJ? Or did everybody memory hole it like everything else that didn't matter in that movie/trilogy.

efb

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Parkingtigers posted:

Lol I just looked it up right before seeing this post. Cool word.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Marsupial Ape posted:

If you’re going to call me stupid, then at least have the self-confidence quote me directly. Goon passive-aggressive smugness is wearisome.

I don’t plan on calling you stupid. The references in the show are overt and unsubtle - “Toil and Trouble” abd directly quoting Jung, fer cryin’ out loud - so I don’t doubt that you’ve recognized something from somewhere.

My criticism is that trainspotting references puts the cart before the horse. Yes, there are female characters onscreen. No, they are not representations of the so-called “Triple Goddess” - even if intended, not inherently. Before you get to that point, you first need to establish that some character actually has that psychological investment in cycles of reproduction (or seasons, phases of the moon, or whatever).

Straightforwardly: does Ahsoka actually give a poo poo, at any point, that the witch antagonist is (seemingly) older than her? Like, if she has a fear of death that causes her to behave insufficiently maternal to stunted woman-child Sabine or something.

That’s before even getting into the question of whether that’s actually the problem of the New Republic. Like, not enough femininity, or ‘unbalanced’ femininity (given that the baddies are in a witch cult)? Is that actually what causes fascism - or is it bullshit?

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
What exactly is an SMG post? Obscure acronyms are annoying.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Parkingtigers posted:

Kathleen better get all this motherbokken Japanese crap out of MY Star Wars

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hryme posted:

What exactly is an SMG post? Obscure acronyms are annoying.

A post from the user directly above yours

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Oh. That was not obscure at all.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

C'mon, at least use something Star Warsy

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
If you’re going to 1:1 the joke, at least post a janky Kel-Tec that’s held together with Allen head screws.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Marsupial Ape posted:

If you’re going to 1:1 the joke, at least post a janky Kel-Tec that’s held together with Allen head screws.

The one I posted has literally been used as a blaster though. :v:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The one I posted has literally been used as a blaster though. :v:

Mmm. Kel-Tec is a real world gun company that makes what are essentialy space-gun looking range toys. Real mall-ninja poo poo. Lotta plastic and sharp edges. So...you're not wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Parkingtigers posted:

God drat. So good.

Great character design but drat the Nazis are gonna like this one a lot

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How did they make that sculpted gold face? Did they pour molten gold on a dude to make a mold or are there some real artisan stormtroopers?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Probably something thrawn "found"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Eagerly awaiting the book about Thrawns last surviving armorer passing his knowledge on to the space chimp from RoS.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

stev posted:

How did they make that sculpted gold face? Did they pour molten gold on a dude to make a mold or are there some real artisan stormtroopers?

I’m getting “programmable matter” vibes from the gold material. I have nothing to back that up besides a life time of sci-fi watching. The gold patchwork ‘growths’ on the SD’s hull puts me in the mind of the Replicators from Stargate.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Parkingtigers posted:

God drat. So good.

Yeah, everything about the Nightrooper aesthetic owns. Enoch looks amazing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/jeremylovesyall/status/1704871341667844220?t=0jEYpC0sMbK8ROHF1bcr6w&s=19

GdT doing a whole bunch of practical Star Wars creatures would have been great.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’m getting “programmable matter” vibes from the gold material. I have nothing to back that up besides a life time of sci-fi watching. The gold patchwork ‘growths’ on the SD’s hull puts me in the mind of the Replicators from Stargate.

It is interesting how all the patchwork on the Star Destroyer and the Night Troopers, including Enoch's face mask, are gold (excluding the red duct tape that clearly links them to the Nightsisters. I wonder if we'll see a scene soon of the Nightsisters using their Dark Magick to render something made out of gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremylovesyall/status/1704871341667844220?t=0jEYpC0sMbK8ROHF1bcr6w&s=19

GdT doing a whole bunch of practical Star Wars creatures would have been great.

I have zero issue with any of this let the man do it.