Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jedit posted:

Diana was the worst oval office of the lot of them. A scheming, backbiting bitch who positioned herself to nab a prince then hosed anything in trousers because he had the bad taste to remain in love with the woman he actually wanted to marry. That was the galling bit for her, I think; she didn't really care if Charles loved her as long as she got to be a princess, but damned if he was going to love anyone else. But she played the media like a fiddle to paint herself as a martyr; then she got killed while being chased by the paps whose attention she'd courted relentlessly - not some conspiracy set up by Brenda, come the gently caress on people - and she became an untouchable saint. I'm shocked and surprised to see anyone here falling for it, though. I'd thought we had a higher level of media awareness in the UKMT.

That said, Kate Middleton might be worse just because she was totally open about what she was doing and unlike her late mother-in-law, doesn't appear to have any limits to what she'll tolerate to be a royal. Bad as Diana was, Charles was wrong to have an affair with Camilla - she was married when it started even if he wasn't - and Diana was at least willing to give up the palaces and position over it, even if she did manage to style herself as "the People's Princess". Kate's also racist as gently caress. Diana probably was too, but again she kept it quiet.

Calm down Philip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funka
Jan 4, 2006

Funka posted:

Cheers thanks

edit: yeah I couldn't tell if it was a licensing thing, they sure would be loud about it if it was tho innit :)

sorry I dont know how to edit I should stop posting and lurk more

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Charities aiding with mobility etc. being called invictus isn't a stain against them - the word literally just means "undefeated" which in this case is about not letting the lack of an arm or leg defeat you.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Funka posted:

edit: yeah I couldn't tell if it was a licensing thing, they sure would be loud about it if it was tho innit :)

sorry I dont know how to edit I should stop posting and lurk more

No. Post more.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Jedit posted:

Diana was the worst oval office of the lot of them. A scheming, backbiting bitch who positioned herself to nab a prince then hosed anything in trousers because he had the bad taste to remain in love with the woman he actually wanted to marry.

other than her loving charlie around what are some examples here

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If she'd have crashed into a British concrete pillar, she might still be alive

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

:hmmyes:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

If she was in a british car at the time it would have probably still killed her.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

fuctifino posted:

Lol

OwlFancier posted:

If she was in a british car at the time it would have probably still killed her.

Not lol

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Even NJAN99 can commit to a net zero policy better than the government

Funka
Jan 4, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Charities aiding with mobility etc. being called invictus isn't a stain against them - the word literally just means "undefeated" which in this case is about not letting the lack of an arm or leg defeat you.

Yeah I got into a rabbit hole about can you even trademark ancient greek I just want to buy some tyres lol

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Funka posted:

Yeah I got into a rabbit hole about can you even trademark ancient greek I just want to buy some tyres lol

Why are these tyres 600 quid? Are they those nitinol ones?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Thinking about it, "biological bodies" is probably why they were so worked up about

even though the 1970s radical feminists loved all of that in a sci-fi sense, because finally their political lesbian separatism could exist without men.

The big break between RFs and GCs is that the latter are fully onboard with the white evangelical reactionaries that your natural biological self is your destiny and any attempt to change that is evil (and Charles Darwin is evil too, I would have never done that to the monkey if it weren't for his influence).

Which is probably also why it slots so easily into antisemitic Doctors' Plot type conspiracies.
yeah, there's a strain of GC that believes, what's the phrase, "transgender is the advertisement for transhumanism", courtesy of nutjob conspiracy theorist and Deep Green Resistance crypto-ecofascist GC thinker Jennifer Bilek who thinks the trans rights movement started in the mid-2000s funded by several (coincidentally Jewish) billionaires / millionaires as a means to push The Transhumanist Agenda, a full-on Great Replacement narrative but targetting cis women (sorry, ~natal women~) who would no longer be required for reproduction

when i found out that the source was DGR so much clicked into place

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's also the alex jones version where I think he just thinks deus ex is real and the globalists are going to become super cyborgs with mind control chips in people.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CGI Stardust posted:

yeah, there's a strain of GC that believes, what's the phrase, "transgender is the advertisement for transhumanism", courtesy of nutjob conspiracy theorist and Deep Green Resistance crypto-ecofascist GC thinker Jennifer Bilek who thinks the trans rights movement started in the mid-2000s funded by several (coincidentally Jewish) billionaires / millionaires as a means to push The Transhumanist Agenda, a full-on Great Replacement narrative but targetting cis women (sorry, ~natal women~) who would no longer be required for reproduction

Bilek's not 'crypto' (unless she's into Bitcoin, which seems plausible) - she's been caught openly boosting Nazis.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

CGI Stardust posted:

A lot of the time I think it's just people googling and finding out about transhumanism by mistake and then conflating the concepts.

Funka
Jan 4, 2006

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Why are these tyres 600 quid? Are they those nitinol ones?

I wish it's just these because my town's pavements are quaint rural devon so practically hiking and my normal wheels keep getting flat
https://www.invictusactive.com/product/freewheel-all-terrain-wheels/

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Ohh, a set of wheels I can understand. I also thought the beach ones looked cool.

Funka
Jan 4, 2006
Yeah they look so fun I'm ready to press the button

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nuclear Spoon posted:

other than her loving charlie around what are some examples here

I could go into detail, but to boil it down: the royals are what they are. They're born to it, raised to it. You think they're cunts, that's fine. But around them there is a second layer of "nobility" who jockey for position and aspire to take that step up whenever there's an available heir, selling off their daughters for a little prestige. That second layer are far worse than the royals themselves because they want to be cunts and they actively try to become cunts.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Jedit posted:

I could go into detail, but to boil it down: the royals are what they are. They're born to it, raised to it. You think they're cunts, that's fine. But around them there is a second layer of "nobility" who jockey for position and aspire to take that step up whenever there's an available heir, selling off their daughters for a little prestige. That second layer are far worse than the royals themselves because they want to be cunts and they actively try to become cunts.

I mean, the post you quoted literally asked you to go into detail.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

I mean, the post you quoted literally asked you to go into detail.

details details

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Diana gets a pass from me purely for what she did during the aids crisis. Maybe it was purely self motivated but that simple jesture changed a LOT.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://youtu.be/b4meFC1ee7Q

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Mega Comrade posted:

Diana gets a pass from me purely for what she did during the aids crisis. Maybe it was purely self motivated but that simple jesture changed a LOT.

This is like the AIDS version of the great man theory of history. You might as well say Magic Johnson changed a lot about AIDS stigma by contracting it himself. Thousands of people around the world worked tirelessly to research or mitigate AIDS or to alleviate the suffering of patients, when noone even knew what it was.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 21, 2023

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
:dafuq:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Right but such a hugely visible public figure as Diana gave those thousands of people working tirelessly a very prominent example to point to. The two very much play into each other.

Jedit posted:

Kate's also racist as gently caress.
I would like to know more about this.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

OwlFancier posted:

There's also the alex jones version where I think he just thinks deus ex is real and the globalists are going to become super cyborgs with mind control chips in people.

Hard to dispute that old men are in fact the future, though.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: oops, thought this was a completely different thread

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Diana was still a loving aristo scumbag, just because she spoke softly and died young doesn’t mean she wasn’t a terrible person who sponged off the people who actually had to work for a living

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Are Princess Di was to AIDS, the same thing Elon Musk was to rocket science, or the idea of using an electric motor to spin things around.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
No good royals except for burger king and sofa king

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's a shame that we need royalty or billionaires to endorse these things and thus, allow us to do them ourselves

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

DreddyMatt posted:

No good royals except for burger king and sofa king

There are exactly 5 kings I respect. Burger, Crimson, Ghidorah, Brody and From Tekken.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

There are exactly 5 kings I respect. Burger, Crimson, Ghidorah, Brody and From Tekken.

If Are King was a hench wrestler wearing a tiger mask I would be more deferential for sure. I'm pretty sure that's how feudalism became a thing but don't quote me on that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

There's like 3 different Kings From Tekken. Do your god damned research.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jedit posted:

Diana was the worst oval office of the lot of them. A scheming, backbiting bitch who positioned herself to nab a prince then hosed anything in trousers because he had the bad taste to remain in love with the woman he actually wanted to marry. That was the galling bit for her, I think; she didn't really care if Charles loved her as long as she got to be a princess, but damned if he was going to love anyone else. But she played the media like a fiddle to paint herself as a martyr; then she got killed while being chased by the paps whose attention she'd courted relentlessly - not some conspiracy set up by Brenda, come the gently caress on people - and she became an untouchable saint. I'm shocked and surprised to see anyone here falling for it, though. I'd thought we had a higher level of media awareness in the UKMT.

That said, Kate Middleton might be worse just because she was totally open about what she was doing and unlike her late mother-in-law, doesn't appear to have any limits to what she'll tolerate to be a royal. Bad as Diana was, Charles was wrong to have an affair with Camilla - she was married when it started even if he wasn't - and Diana was at least willing to give up the palaces and position over it, even if she did manage to style herself as "the People's Princess". Kate's also racist as gently caress. Diana probably was too, but again she kept it quiet.

You ok there

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Ash Crimson posted:

You ok there

keeping a white fiat uno from that era running would put stress on anyone tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

It sounds like an impassioned rant about the latest Corrie storyline.