Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does weed hit harder when you're not eating carbs? Feels that way to me, dropping the carbs seems to have crumbled the tolerance I was building up. Which is good, but not expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
They had an all black omni awhile back that I wanted but couldn’t justify buying.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Konar posted:

"Room smelled like weed and our policy is to charge the $250 smoking fee in that case."

How I imagine a future call to the Hotel's customer service line might go.

Housekeeping will ignore dead bodies in your room if you tip decently, and I only do this in states where weed, possession of weed, and possession of weed inside hotel rooms is legal. It's fun! Everyone wins! Geez.

I tipped my instacart driver with weed yesterday, too!! (and cash, ofc)

anyway I chopped down some more plants.

I did a good trim on 4oz for smoking, a lovely trim on 22oz of lower buds to blast into concentrate, and got a few oz of trim on top of that.

I had to take a couple limbs off the giant landrace plant because I didn't like how parts of them were looking, and we're getting very close to done. As expected this stuff is light as fluff but there's a lot of it, and even cut a bit early it's a good, wakeful smoke that is stronger than I expected, honestly. I will be very interested to see what the bud that goes full term is like. I scoped it out yesterday, stuff is finally mostly clouding up but there's barely any amber; I also don't know if I should really be holding out for amber on a landrace, and information on this specific strain is extremely limited so I may just harvest it in pieces over 2-3 weeks.

e: as far as my remaining outdoor stuff goes, I'm either going to be heartbroken by home much almost-good weed got trashed by weather, or heartbroken by how much loving trimming I have to do, and there's basically zero in between :laugh:

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 20, 2023

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Someone should make a tacticool Dynavap mount for a torch lighter

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a pump action portable vape that can reload itself w/ a fresh dosing capsule from a magazine

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
A gun, but instead of bullets the magazine is just full of 510 cartridges

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

They say you can use a dynavap with a regular lighter, but the heat distribution is weird somehow. I can hold it in the flames for a full ten seconds after the click and still not get full extraction. It works, in that I'm high, but I gotta get my torch refilled.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Is a FMJ another term for what they call the ‘Armoured Cap’ for the dynavap? Thank you please

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Same idea. The fmj is a bit of copper a third party guy made to slide over a regular cap. Dynavap made their own armored cap like half a year later.

I used a dynavap for years without either. I don’t like how long they take to cool down

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Is a FMJ another term for what they call the ‘Armoured Cap’ for the dynavap? Thank you please

Full Metal Jacket
https://simrellcollection.com/products/full-metal-jacket-fmj

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
the thought of doing other drugs really scares me sometimes. i get high and just say to myself "man, i'm already tripping on this weed... imagine what other drugs do to people." people going on crazy poo poo and go out on a high speed chase and don't even realize it...

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Phat Phingers posted:

the thought of doing other drugs really scares me sometimes. i get high and just say to myself "man, i'm already tripping on this weed... imagine what other drugs do to people." people going on crazy poo poo and go out on a high speed chase and don't even realize it...

this is what is known as wisdom

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I got high and bought a cool coffee maker that I have to learn how to work now, i figured it would be fun to learn something like a dynavap but in the kitchen.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

This worked better for me than the official recommended way of burrying the cap in the flame to avoid suet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqpkPoJXmM

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mmmkay.

So I took the challenge that this is as good as the dynavap.

It's nice. Sleek, easily assembled, easily water filtered and the controls are easy and sensible. I've no doubt it's easy to clean too. It's good. Great even. If I were the kind of person who vaped out in public I'd totally grab this. It's definitely easier to use than a dynavap.

How's it work? Well, the flavors good and I'm stoned so op success. Even made some decent puff clouds on the first session. I don't have to "think" or listen out for the clicks like I would for a dynavap. So I could just flip this on in a conversation with someone and carry on, whereas with a dynavap I have to stop and focus during the heating. Using it is much more of a seamless task, whereas the dynavap is kind of a mini ritual.

Things I don't like:

Battery isn't easily removed/replaced (if it's even possible).
Sucking on heated plastic.
I'm sure it'll suffer if I drop it.

Things I like but don't count cuz it's a random extra:

The bubbler kicks rear end and regardless of what happens to the Rogue I'll drat well try and work that pipe into my dynavap setup somehow.

I'll keep using it for a while. Maybe it'll grow more on me like the vaphit did. Initial impressions though; no. It ain't a dynavap. It doesn't hit like one.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:kheldragar:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

exquisite stoner space program engineering

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Crimson Harvest posted:

exquisite stoner space program engineering

Didn't work, rocket blew up on the launch pad. :smith:
Had to just vape it normally.

Otoh Detective Munch first seen season 6 episode 13 as a Baltimore cop. Must be before SVU became a thing.

:350:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

what you need is a drop-in low-profile 14mm to 10mm reducer, in case you actually want to do that with glass

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Crimson Harvest posted:

I got high and bought a cool coffee maker that I have to learn how to work now, i figured it would be fun to learn something like a dynavap but in the kitchen.

Did you get a bripe, jfc

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Carth Dookie posted:

If I were the kind of person who vaped out in public I'd totally grab this. It's definitely easier to use than a dynavap.

Things I don't like:

trimmed your post down to address things

yeah, I'm someone who vapes in public and that's why I recommend the HealthyRips/POTV opens as much as I do. Dynavap is still my primary as home tho

The glass mouthpiece is the one I usually use on my Edge, I only use the plastic mouthpiece if I need to put that weird sheath over it to cut down on smell.

Mine has survived a BUNCH of drops somehow and it's still in great working order. The thing is honestly very well built and I'm loving shocked they aren't charging $250 for it like Pax did

Finally, yeah, the worst part about the Edge/Fury/Etc is the fact that the battery isn't replaceable and on my Edge, the battery ain't that great. But the tradeoffs are definitely worth it for the portability

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

Didn't work, rocket blew up on the launch pad. :smith:
Had to just vape it normally.

Otoh Detective Munch first seen season 6 episode 13 as a Baltimore cop. Must be before SVU became a thing.

:350:

Watch Homicide if you haven't already.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I am in vaping heaven.

That would explain the clouds

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Even vaping is starting to become too much for my poor weak babby lungsies. I ordered some dropper bottles, going to make tincture out of the remainder of my stash.

Do any of y'all gently caress with tincture? I've read you can make it by putting the alcohol/weed mixture either in the freezer for a few days or in heat for like 20 minutes. Or just letting it sit for weeks room temp.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do any of y'all gently caress with tincture? I've read you can make it by putting the alcohol/weed mixture either in the freezer for a few days or in heat for like 20 minutes. Or just letting it sit for weeks room temp.
You need to decarb (convert the THCa to THC-9 etc) the weed first, unless you want to wait for months while it partially happens naturally in the alcohol. Decarbing is a hit and miss process using most domestic ovens, but there are various decarboxylators for weed on the market now. I went with the Herboven, and it works flawlessly with very little effort.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 21, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Carth Dookie posted:

Mmmkay.

So I took the challenge that this is as good as the dynavap.

It's nice. Sleek, easily assembled, easily water filtered and the controls are easy and sensible. I've no doubt it's easy to clean too. It's good. Great even. If I were the kind of person who vaped out in public I'd totally grab this. It's definitely easier to use than a dynavap.

How's it work? Well, the flavors good and I'm stoned so op success. Even made some decent puff clouds on the first session. I don't have to "think" or listen out for the clicks like I would for a dynavap. So I could just flip this on in a conversation with someone and carry on, whereas with a dynavap I have to stop and focus during the heating. Using it is much more of a seamless task, whereas the dynavap is kind of a mini ritual.

Things I don't like:

Things I like but don't count cuz it's a random extra:

The bubbler kicks rear end and regardless of what happens to the Rogue I'll drat well try and work that pipe into my dynavap setup somehow.

I'll keep using it for a while. Maybe it'll grow more on me like the vaphit did. Initial impressions though; no. It ain't a dynavap. It doesn't hit like one.

Crank it up to 400+ and i'll kick like a mule. I usually keep mine down at 375 and take baby hits so I don't cough much at all. But you can crank it right up to get clouds.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

fuctifino posted:

I am in vaping heaven.

That would explain the clouds

I love this rigout, it's so analog but yet so digital.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yeah for my Fury Edge I usually do a session at 375F and then a second 390-400F and that seems to cash the capsule pretty dang well

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

fuctifino posted:

You need to decarb (convert the THCa to THC-9 etc) the weed first, unless you want to wait for months while it partially happens naturally in the alcohol. Decarbing is a hit and miss process using most domestic ovens, but there are various decarboxylators for weed on the market now. I went with the Herboven, and it works flawlessly with very little effort.

I'll be using my sous vide set up for decarbing. I don't have the money to import a whole new unit and I don't think I'd be able to get a dedicated decarb oven in country here. But, I figure triple bagged in a water bath is as precise as I'm going to get. I'd also be using sous vide for the heating, if I do the heating version of tincture.

I might split the weed into roughly equal halves and make one using the 20 minutes at 170F and make one using in the freezer for a few days and see which method produces a nicer/more effective tincture.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'll be using my sous vide set up for decarbing. I don't have the money to import a whole new unit and I don't think I'd be able to get a dedicated decarb oven in country here. But, I figure triple bagged in a water bath is as precise as I'm going to get. I'd also be using sous vide for the heating, if I do the heating version of tincture.

I might split the weed into roughly equal halves and make one using the 20 minutes at 170F and make one using in the freezer for a few days and see which method produces a nicer/more effective tincture.

mason jars in an instant pot works really well, if you happen to have one of those lying around

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
You know what makes no drat sense? I live in a perfectly legal state, yet I have been warned, by hiring agencies no less, that employers will still test for weed on drug tests. So I’ve been abstaining for months because I’ve been looking for a job, I get two interviews, but don’t get the job, I hear today on the second one I didn’t get the job and am feeling pretty lovely and bummed out, I want to cheer myself up, but if I get high it could show up on a drug test. But I can get drunk instead and that’s all perfectly fine? Alcohol is objectively worse for you, and weed is perfectly legal in this state. Make it make sense.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Anyone else one of those people, where you feel low and you just can’t wait it out until you feel better? Too much of my life has been wasted in severe depression, I think I take some sort of psychic damage feeling too low; I won’t do it anymore and will seek chemical remedies whenever I do feel real bad. I don’t care if it’s lazy, I don’t care anymore if it’s not a good way of living, I am quite frankly done in my life with feeling bad and now if I feel bad, I’m going to get hosed up. Anyone feel the same?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Yes. Also, just buy fake pee for pre-employment tests

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Jestery posted:

Did you get a bripe, jfc
its an Alessi moka pot from i forgot the designer's name

my hair isnt fabulous enough to get away with a bripe

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Ooohhh I nearly got one of those

I've been loving around with espresso for the last year or so, and it's lovely but just not worth the effort for me IMO

Gunna get big moka pot for sure

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

my hair isnt fabulous enough to get away with a bripe
Your mug matches my cappuccino spoon :3:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Crimson Harvest posted:

I love that so much I just made a camelcamelcamel alert for a coffee pot I absolutely don’t need but want

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s a cool moka pot, but gotta admit i was hoping to see a sick siphon

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

yeah yeah, there's always a guy with a bigger siphon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004