Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Can Tyler Herro and Gradey Dick play together. Can they exist in the same room. Would that be legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Gambo reporting news and rumors: 👍

Gambo’s basketball opinions: :dafuq:

I did get a big laugh out of “ok a serviceable defensive center” after an hour of getting roasted though

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Nurkic absolutely is not an upgrade (even defensively) over DA, wtf

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Gambo reporting news and rumors: 👍

Gambo’s basketball opinions: :dafuq:

I did get a big laugh out of “ok a serviceable defensive center” after an hour of getting roasted though

Gambo usually leaves burnout marks on Twitter racing to slap down unfounded Suns trade rumors, the fact that he's like "c'mon guys, maybe this wouldn't be quite as bad a trade as it looks like from every conceivable metric" is not an encouraging sign

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Papercut posted:

Nurkic absolutely is not an upgrade (even defensively) over DA, wtf

Shhhh it could be happening though. It's getting a lot of smoke

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Porfiriato posted:

Gambo usually leaves burnout marks on Twitter racing to slap down unfounded Suns trade rumors, the fact that he's like "c'mon guys, maybe this wouldn't be quite as bad a trade as it looks like from every conceivable metric" is not an encouraging sign

Lol yep. I don’t hate nurk or anything but he is definitely not better than ayton. I would prefer to just ride out the first half of the year with DA and see how it goes if this is all they can rustle up for a return.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OH WORD SON posted:

Shhhh it could be happening though. It's getting a lot of smoke

ive seen tyler herro making mopey instagram posts about nobody being Real and there being no true Friends, ive seen this game before

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Where is Allen Iverson on the scale? I cant tell whether hes more that boy nice or got that dawg in him

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Iverson is off the charts that boy nice imo

Blowing off practice unfortunately precludes him from S tier dog gotting

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
You can't practice That Dog you can only show it off in practice like that time Jimmy Butler took the third string and whooped on the first string so I forgive AI

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

[Bourguet] "Suns receiving calls on Deandre Ayton as 'dark horse team' to facilitate Damian Lillard trade. Talks are heating up around the league with teams like Portland, Miami, Philadelphia, Chicago & Toronto all very active right now. Suns could be the mystery team needed to get...deals done."

quote:

[PHNX Sports] Outside Phoenix, Ayton is viewed as an enticing piece who could help facilitate a Lillard trade. Sources in Portland confirmed that Ayton’s name has come up multiple times over the last few weeks, and PHNX Sports reported last year that the Blazers had interest in the Suns big man.

quote:

[Danny Marang] Multiple sources have confirmed that there are on going discussions for a deal involving trading Damian Lillard before camp is underway October 2nd.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 22, 2023

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently droppingdimes called this a few days ago so it’s locked in

https://twitter.com/TheOPVShow/status/1704180810570432829?s=20

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Herro is apparently staying in Miami lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

I feel like Nurkic is a pretty significant downgrade from Ayton and thats not even including the injury history

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel like Nurkic is a pretty significant downgrade from Ayton and thats not even including the injury history

Yeah same, even for the like 40 games per year that Nurk is healthy, he's simply not very good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

We've already seen what happens if ayton doesn't wanna ball. I guess i'd rather have nurkic than an unmotivated DA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What exactly has changed for the rest of the league to be interested in what Miami would be sending out now vs. over the summer? This poo poo isn’t happening until the deadline.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

hifi posted:

We've already seen what happens if ayton doesn't wanna ball. I guess i'd rather have nurkic than an unmotivated DA

What happens is he still plays better than average at center.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

What happens is he still plays better than average at center.

unlike nurkic, at any point since roughly denver

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

What exactly has changed for the rest of the league to be interested in what Miami would be sending out now vs. over the summer? This poo poo isn’t happening until the deadline.

Reality is sinking in

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls... are BACK

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm just catching up on winning time and what the show does with pat riley is the stupidest and funniest poo poo i've seen on TV in awhile.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Unless ayton is secretly refusing to play this is insane. Nurk has been bad for years

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

leftist heap posted:

waiting until the trade deadline could certainly lead to some team wanting to pay more for dame or herro, but those aren't the only variables at play

even if you ignore that in a vacuum it's hard to see a team paying more for 2.5yr vs 3yr of dame, there are plenty of outcomes that could hurt POR's eventual return on a deadline trade. MIA falls flat on their face to start the season and decides they aren't a contender. POR convinces dame to play and he gets injured. another PG requests a trade making dame's market more crowded.

i'm skeptical myself that PHX somehow inserted themselves in this and suddenly things are moving forward, but trading him before camp is definitely less risky than waiting until the deadline

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

leftist heap posted:

Because like people have been saying Portland doesn't want to actually keep him around, and be forced to play him, and deal with the distraction for x months. Especially now since they can't just send him home due to new rest rules lol.

Dame can make everyone's lives there a living hell for the months he's forced to be there. And no one wants that.

That urgency on all sides puts more pressure as they get closer to the season.

They might end up keeping him, but they really really really don't want to if Miami and other teams can put together anything that Neil Olshey can take without getting laughed at by the media/the discourse. They will take it rather than trying to maximize it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E:

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 22, 2023

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dexo posted:

Because like people have been saying Portland doesn't want to actually keep him around, and be forced to play him, and deal with the distraction for x months. Especially now since they can't just send him home due to new rest rules lol.

Dame can make everyone's lives there a living hell for the months he's forced to be there. And no one wants that.

That urgency on all sides puts more pressure as they get closer to the season.

They might end up keeping him, but they really really really don't want to if Miami and other teams can put together anything that Neil Olshey can take without getting laughed at by the media/the discourse. They will take it rather than trying to maximize it.

I don't think Olshey is even there anymore. It's the new GM Joe Cronin that really doesn't want to lose this trade.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't think Olshey is even there anymore. It's the new GM Joe Cronin that really doesn't want to lose this trade.

Sorry got mixed up with names, yeah Cronin.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The league is now filled with 30 GMs who all don’t want to be on the losing side of a Rudy Gobert deal but also want a Rudy Gobert return on their players

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

The league is now filled with 30 GMs who all don’t want to be on the losing side of a Rudy Gobert deal but also want a Rudy Gobert return on their players

the Danny Aingification of the NBA smh.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/hoopsjock/status/1705025873739694471?s=20

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1705092504519925936

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 22, 2023

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Yeah Ayton would be a good dice roll. Not sure how Herro fits in? 4th team?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so the suns get back… nurkic and lowry’s expiring deals?

i guess that’s not the worst in terms of cap flexibility but i don’t see how it helps them win a title this season

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Lillard and Butler a good mix?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Two alphas

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Aye Doc posted:

very nearlys don't count

he would have lost if he didnt send his goons out to break tatums leg on the first play of the game

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

One Jimmy.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I wonder if the suns would get to keep Josh and Alejandro ayton under this hypothetical

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm not a Deandre Ayton believer but he'd be a nice piece for the Blazers in terms of age and position, along with that bit of shine he's still got. Only question is if he tanks the locker room. Still though if you can get Ayton and Herro turns into a couple firsts you're getting somewhere palatable on the return for Dame.

Nurk for the Suns, yeah idk I think it'd be an improvement. They don't need Ayton's offense at all with that current roster and Ayton is disliked on the team. Maybe disliked a little less with CP3 and Monty out of there but idk, if this actually happens I think it means Booker doesn't like Ayton either. Nurkic is a better rebounder. I guess you can call it a defensive downgrade but I'm not sure and Ayton has No Dog in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Phoenix just going to hamstring themselves for no reason then?

If you don't want to deal with the tax next season I am fairly certain someone would take Ayton for free then instead