Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a quiet sound

*whispers at you in ASMR*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ArmZ posted:

god drat :lol:

@arinetic5538
1 year ago
You can group everyone in this video into 4 categories:
1. rock star tenors who kill it and put a crazy amount of emotion in
2. tenors who sound like air slowly being let out of a balloon
3. baritones who cant quite hit the note but still show the emotion
4. lin manuel miranda

on the one hand he’s like a freshman in college so it feels a little unfair to compare him to everyone at the peak of their craft

otoh lol he’s really really bad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a quiet sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7cc5t7tv8

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

lol. one of my favorite sounds is going out to the middle of nowhere, you get that thicc silence that fills your ears

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

caught up on Ahsoka and enjoying it after a slow start

it's the antithesis of Andor in that it's all lore and lightsabers but that's fair given that the target audience most likely slogged through Clones/Rebels

Ray Stevenson is a standout and I'm sad he's gone. always love a Force Ambivalent character

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

christmas boots posted:

on the one hand he’s like a freshman in college so it feels a little unfair to compare him to everyone at the peak of their craft

otoh lol he’s really really bad

he keeps writing lead parts for himself and literally everyone who plays his character always does better.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jaxyon posted:

he keeps writing lead parts for himself and literally everyone who plays his character always does better.

This got me thinking - Hamilton is a lot like JCS in that the most dynamic and interesting character -really the one you see the show for - is the Judas/Burr character, the one who slowly turns against the lead and kills them in the end.

the difference is that Jesus still gets some interesting things to do as a character and as we saw earlier in the thread, he gets one hell of a song to flex on

that’s about as far as I got because that brought me right back to LMM butchering it lmao

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

this should be have been 3D

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Watching Monk has given me nostalgia for shows like Psych. Are there any good detective shows out now?

I tried elementary but found it really boring.

I just finished the main series of Bosch and am now onto Bosch: Legacy

Bosch is like a lib authorization superhero. The first series is mostly grounded in LA political corruption but he takes it to another level in Legacy. At one point he creates a tremendous environmental disaster in order to stick it to some Russian mafiosos and faces zero consequences. It's totally insane and pretty good

First several seasons of Midsomer Murders are my guilty pleasure. Each ep is feature length with high production values and all of the picturesque hamlets are brimming with English psychos

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

War and Pieces posted:

this should be have been 3D

Should of been in space.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fleetwood posted:

I just finished the main series of Bosch and am now onto Bosch: Legacy

Bosch is like a lib authorization superhero. The first series is mostly grounded in LA political corruption but he takes it to another level in Legacy. At one point he creates a tremendous environmental disaster in order to stick it to some Russian mafiosos and faces zero consequences. It's totally insane and pretty good

First several seasons of Midsomer Murders are my guilty pleasure. Each ep is feature length with high production values and all of the picturesque hamlets are brimming with English psychos

Bosch rocks.

I have talked about this before but my favorite season is the one where he solves the killing of a lawyer suing the lapd for doing another rodney king. The whole season they make this guy come out to be a complete piece of poo poo: he cheats on his wife, hes an absentee father (bosch takes the lawyers kid under his wing), and it's also implied that the case is bogus (it ends up not being).

Also his wife is CIA and gets kidnapped by triads lmfao

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Bosch rocks.

I have talked about this before but my favorite season is the one where he solves the killing of a lawyer suing the lapd for doing another rodney king. The whole season they make this guy come out to be a complete piece of poo poo: he cheats on his wife, hes an absentee father (bosch takes the lawyers kid under his wing), and it's also implied that the case is bogus (it ends up not being).

Also his wife is CIA and gets kidnapped by triads lmfao

loool the triads storyline is one of my favorites. They kidnap Bosch's ex-wife's husband and then the PRC imprisons him and is never heard from again for the rest of the show

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

christmas boots posted:

This got me thinking - Hamilton is a lot like JCS in that the most dynamic and interesting character -really the one you see the show for - is the Judas/Burr character, the one who slowly turns against the lead and kills them in the end.

the difference is that Jesus still gets some interesting things to do as a character and as we saw earlier in the thread, he gets one hell of a song to flex on

that’s about as far as I got because that brought me right back to LMM butchering it lmao

Yeah LMM has said that the 2 best songs in Hamilton are burr's, but also yeah he sucks at singing his part.

Literally a different hamilton actor did better in his own part for In The Heights

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wtf is a quiet sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVUp12XPpU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Harry Bosch is the American version of Kazuma Kiryu.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

if I never finished main Bosch and am too lazy to find where I stopped, can I start Bosch legacy without missing much?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1704638057293476123?s=20

wow!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Watching Monk has given me nostalgia for shows like Psych. Are there any good detective shows out now?

I tried elementary but found it really boring.

perry mason kicked rear end but unfortunately hbo max murdered it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

is there any reason why Star Wars takes place all in the same galaxy? can’t their hyperdrive just take them anywhere including other galaxies?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Ray Park is a sex monster but I guess you can just put any muscle man in the paint?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

darth maul is a bad guy so he has horns

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

darth maul is a bad guy so he has horns

have you ever looked up his brother's name?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

have you ever looked up his brother's name?

Is it Garth

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Capitaine Maul tu n'es pas de notre galaxie...

Pussy Quipped posted:

is there any reason why Star Wars takes place all in the same galaxy? can’t their hyperdrive just take them anywhere including other galaxies?

it's not about galaxies far far away

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Is it Garth

it's much better

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dearth Maul and he never measured up to his brother

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know why but this makes me immediately remember this

quote:

“We had an assistant named Dave Hill,” say Benioff and Weiss. “One day last summer he walked into our office and said, ‘You know that kid whose family gets massacred by the wildlings? The one who runs to Castle Black to let them know the wildlings are nearby?’

‘Yeah?’

‘Well,’ said Dave, ‘doesn’t it make sense that he’d stay at Castle Black and become a Night’s Watch recruit? Where else is he going to go?’

‘You’re right,’ we said. ‘That does make sense.’

‘And what if during the battle for Castle Black, he’s the one who ends up killing Ygritte?’

This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show.”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

*fart*

You're right. That does make sense.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they should have let those guys make their Confederacy show just so we could have seen the behind the scenes making of documentary

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't know why but this makes me immediately remember this

Oh man, I'd never heard this one before.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the late seasons game of thrones threads in TV IV tracked a lot of great moments from those knuckleheads

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Themes are for eighth grade book reports

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Very cool!!!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

I vaguely recall in old continuity they explored beyond the edges of the galaxy and found an invasion fleet of planet sized spaceships coming. The Death Star was meant to be a weapon to crack their world ships to defend the galaxy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nix Panicus posted:

I vaguely recall in old continuity they explored beyond the edges of the galaxy and found an invasion fleet of planet sized spaceships coming. The Death Star was meant to be a weapon to crack their world ships to defend the galaxy

So the Empire were the secret good guys?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i've been cursed for a week so i'm spreading it to you all

Noho Hank shouting "Cristobel... ! Cirstobel... !" but never getting an answer back

Cristobel... ! Cirstobel... !

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

1glitch0 posted:

So the Empire were the secret good guys?

Depends on how dumb the author is

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Oglethorpe posted:

i've been cursed for a week so i'm spreading it to you all

Noho Hank shouting "Cristobel... ! Cirstobel... !" but never getting an answer back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

not only that, the men are treated as simple muscle/fodder and are ruled over my the matriarchal witch caste!!!!

tbh when they went to the other galaxy i thought we were going into Yuuzhan Vong expanded universe territory

also Amos from The Expanse is playing cool stylized stormtrooper du jour