Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

ShadowedFlames posted:

Promo of the Year: MJF Math, Dynamite, 13 September.

I don’t care if it’s rehashed. It’s peak wrestling.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sequence of the Year - AEW Rampage 9/15

Alex Abrahantes decides to do a jump off the top rope.
Sonjay Dutt tries to stop him, Alex whaps him off the apron.
Kip Sabian tries to stop him, Alex whaps him but it has no effect, but then he eyepokes him and knocks him off the apron.
Alex successfully leaps from the top rope, flying through the air towards his chosen target, his every dream come true.
His target is Satnam Singh, who easily catches him and just flings him one-handed behind him without a care in the world.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

Kip Sabian tries to stop him, Alex whaps him but it has no effect, but then he eyepokes him and knocks him off the apron.
Alex successfully leaps from the top rope, flying through the air towards his chosen target, his every dream come true.
His target is Satnam Singh, who easily catches him and just flings him one-handed behind him without a care in the world.

Nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

promo of the year: Mike Bennett, neck health appreciation techniques, AEW rampage 9/15

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Production Fuckup of the Year Candidate: Take 22, AEW Collision, 16/09

Lmao

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

Lmao

oof

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The callback later in the show where Big Bill yelled at the dude to get out of the shot cracked me up too :allears:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Rarity posted:

Lmao

Agreed, lol. I mean, if you wanna slam into a sub-gimmick of Keith Lee as a perfectionist, you got it now. Next pre-tape package just open with a weary sounding man going "take forty-two" and clapping and then have Lee roll.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
POTYC: Eddie Kingston 'I'm gonna gently caress you up in New York, motherfucker' - AEW Collision 9/16

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

POTYC: Eddie Kingston 'I'm gonna gently caress you up in New York, motherfucker' - AEW Collision 9/16

https://twitter.com/tigerstyIepro/status/1703415113334534538

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Setting hype levels to :derp:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lol it works so well

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

He's so good at this man, I love the framing of this promo with a low energy Eddie being like "We've got something up on YouTube, you really want me to talk about this right now?" like he's just so tired of it. Then as he starts talking about it he reminds himself like oh yeah, gently caress this guy, I DO have stuff I wanna say to him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Storytelling of the Year: Antonio Honda is DETERMINED to tell Minoru Suzuki a story: DDT Dramatic Explosion 18/9

The constant running joke of Suzuki refusing to stand still and let Honda do his usual schtick, Honda's team-mates deciding to support their friend and help him finish his bit, Suzuki being momentarily stopped in place by Honda incorporating One Piece into the story followed by his outrage when Honda brings Tony Tony Chopper into the picture.... what a wonderful time :allears:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Hospital Bed of the Year: AEW Grand Slam 9/20/23 #neckstrong

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Comedy Prop of the Year: Roderick Strong's Hospital Bed, AEW Grand Slam 9/20/23

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Feel good moment of the year: Eddie Kingston finally beats Claudio for the ROH World's Heavyweight Championship

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Dimebags Brain posted:

It's sooo squeaky!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Robviously posted:

Hell yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dimebags Brain posted:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shard posted:

Feel good moment of the year: Eddie Kingston finally beats Claudio for the ROH World's Heavyweight Championship

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Robviously posted:

Nthed. Amazing.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

3rd.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Dimebags Brain posted:

Shard posted:

Nth to these.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

:3:

Dimebags Brain posted:

this was so funny

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finish of the Year Candidate: Jericho counters a shooting star press with a codebreaker, AEW Dynamite, 20/09

Insane levels of timing required on that and they nailed it, looked superb

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

Finish of the Year Candidate: Jericho counters a shooting star press with a codebreaker, AEW Dynamite, 20/09

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rarity posted:

sammy selling it like total death too, good poo poo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC (Minion of the Year Candidate): Minion Bestie, 9/21 ROH

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Senerio posted:

Nth

WMOTYC (Worst Minion of the Year Candidate): Minion #400,237¾, 9/21 ROH

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

+1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Senerio posted:

Nth

Pylons posted:

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Promo of the Year: Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr. - two British guys - doing a back and forth promo entirely in Japanese to each other, with Ospreay having to take time to run through the translation in his head and formulate responses. Just beautifully done - NJPW Destruction in Kobe 9/24

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Promo of the Year: Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr. - two British guys - doing a back and forth promo entirely in Japanese to each other, with Ospreay having to take time to run through the translation in his head and formulate responses. Just beautifully done - NJPW Destruction in Kobe 9/24

Nth

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Promo of the Year: Konosuke Takeshita accepts Chris Jericho's challenge. (DDT Who Will TOP? 2023) (9/23)

"I WILL DESTROY LIONHEART. I WILL DESTROY Y2J. I WILL DESTROY PAINMAKER. I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. I AM THE REAL ALPHA."

:getin:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, this was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Promo Battle of the Year: MJF vs. Jay White - AEW Dynamite 9/27

Dango Bango posted:

loving FINALLY someone who can go toe-to-toe with MJF