Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How you hanging in there, Giants fans?
gently caress the Cowboys
Giants
Caleb Williams
At least we're not the Jets
View Results

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

AndrewP posted:

sorry I'm still on this. what is the league trying to prevent with that kind of RTP flag? are these guys not also athletes?

just give them red shirts instead of asking defenders to thread an impossible needle

It was after an injury, I don't remember which QB it was. Rodgers I think? It's a weak rear end rule for sure, I hate it.

e: Yeah it was Rodgers

quote:

Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone last season when Vikings LB Anthony Barr landed with his full weight on the Packers QB. That play was one of the examples that came up in feedback from teams this past offseason, in reply to a questionnaire sent by the league office. “It came to us from more than a handful of the clubs that they wanted us to put special emphasis when it came to body weight on the QB,” Riveron said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why are you punching a helmet, idiot?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Lol Guns Hochuli shout out

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

AndrewP posted:

sorry I'm still on this. what is the league trying to prevent with that kind of RTP flag? are these guys not also athletes?

just give them red shirts instead of asking defenders to thread an impossible needle

they're trying to prevent shoulder and collarbone injuries, mostly—from the sorts of hits where a QB comes down on their side and the defender comes down on top of them. but because making the distinction of side versus front versus back would be basically impossible, the rule is just "no coming down on top of the QB"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Trent mad

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I mean if Trent gets ejected that would even the odds

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This contest.. displeases me.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

wheres the ejection for a punch

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why isn't he ejected for throwing a punch?

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
williams literally threw a punch wtf

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
lol that this necessitated another snap. That was A'Shawn Robinson's biggest contribution this half

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Williams is getting so many penalties tonight because of commentators' curse

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I wouldn’t want to get punched by Trent Williams

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
When he kicked both teams off the field for a sec I thought he was gonna eject someone.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
omg Trent you idiot

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

AndrewP posted:

Aaron Rogers got his collarbone broke one year when a guy landed all his weight on him and *poof* we have the bodyweight rule

Edit: wow waaay late

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Somehow he ain't ejected. Huh.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

surely a fine, though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Foodstuffs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

they're trying to prevent shoulder and collarbone injuries, mostly—from the sorts of hits where a QB comes down on their side and the defender comes down on top of them. but because making the distinction of side versus front versus back would be basically impossible, the rule is just "no coming down on top of the QB"

ah. here's an idea: don't get sacked

I understand the safety aspect but literally every other guy on the field is taking huge hits on a regular basis with no protection and it just irks me I guess

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

surely a fine, though.

A punch is supposed to be an automatic ejection

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

AndrewP posted:

Tell that to Danny Dimes tonight

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

ShowTime posted:

It's hard to play again CMC, Deebo and Kittle. And to think, Aiyuk isn't even in this game.

Jennings and Bell have been producing at WR, Purdy is just blessed with weapons.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Haven't been able to watch the game but that NYG rushing statline certainly is anemic.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I understand the safety aspect but literally every other guy on the field is taking huge hits on a regular basis with no protection and it just irks me I guess

Brock wasn't sacked on that play though. Getting the pass off puts QBs into essentially defenseless positions and they get extra protection for that. Sometimes it's a little ridiculous like incendental head contact, but the body weight rule is a good one to prevent injury. The defender can wrap the qb up and fall to one side or just shove the QB down.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

AndrewP posted:

you're not wrong, but the league likes ratings and teams don't like spending a third of their salary cap on one injured player and the result is QBs just get treated differently

also QBs are inherently a bit more vulnerable than most other players

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jason Whitworth is so dull and I hate his hoodie/blazer look he does every drat week.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Gully Foyle posted:

Brock wasn't sacked on that play though. Getting the pass off puts QBs into essentially defenseless positions and they get extra protection for that. Sometimes it's a little ridiculous like incendental head contact, but the body weight rule is a good one to prevent injury. The defender can wrap the qb up and fall to one side or just shove the QB down.

I understand you’re probably a niners fan and/or you started watching football two years ago but it was a poo poo call

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ugh why are they doing a MNF doubleheader again

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AndrewP posted:

It wasn't a sack, it was a hit following his pass release

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Wow outscored 63-6 in the first halves this year not good

…isn’t it 77-6 though?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Freaquency posted:

Ugh why are they doing a MNF doubleheader again

They had to shut up Disney

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

fsif posted:

Jason Whitworth is so dull and I hate his hoodie/blazer look he does every drat week.

how do you do, fellow kids?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Giants didn’t look like poo poo in their first drive but things are looking dire again

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
No chemistry at all in the commentator booth tonight

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gaston Bachelard posted:

No chemistry at all in the commentator booth tonight

I love Al but he's old and tired and phoning it in at this point.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
The amount of praise they keep giving the giants does not match what has happened on the field

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

i mean, special teams are getting an A tonight i guess but they shouldn't be on the field this much

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Giants' center is getting absolutely punked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Is there any team that plays farther from their ostensible city than the "San Francisco" 49ers?