Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Purdy throws two picks, one returned for six. CMC fumbles. Aiyuk misses the second half. Niners still win 52 to 6. Happy birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

trilljester posted:

Fellow Niners goons, does tomorrow's game feel like a trap game? It's my birthday tomorrow and I've never had good luck with my teams playing on that day.

Yeah but that's more on it being any given Thursday.

Trust in the run.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Schwack posted:

This, but for Seahawks games. I'm down to sell em at cost to... do we still say goons? I'm going to the Cardinals game in October, but the rest are wide open. The Thanksgiving game ticket prices made my eyeballs fall out of my head though so idk about that one.

What does at cost mean? We talking thousands of dollars?

Because heck yeah this goon would love to go to a Seahawks game or two :)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I just want to know what supermodel Brock is going to marry once he hits sustained success!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SourKraut posted:

I just want to know what supermodel Brock is going to marry once he hits sustained success!

He's engaged to a woman he met in college. She played college volleyball. That's about as far as I felt like going.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mustached Demon posted:

He's engaged to a woman he met in college. She played college volleyball. That's about as far as I felt like going.

Well he's never going to reach Tom Brady levels of success with that attitude!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SourKraut posted:

Hey, hey, he can leave her once she is pregnant with their child. Then later on, kiss his children on the lips. He is still young, he has time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

trilljester posted:

Fellow Niners goons, does tomorrow's game feel like a trap game? It's my birthday tomorrow and I've never had good luck with my teams playing on that day.

My worry with games like this is that we get a bunch of stupid awful injuries in a game we were always going to dominate because our over-eager excited players just hurl themselves into danger, that is the only way they know how to play. It's gonna loving suck losing one of our stars for the season midway through the third quarter of a blowout game, but that's the story of the 49ers.

And the problem with TNF, too. I think that the players haven't had enough rest since the last game and I bet that increases injury risk although I've not looked up statistics on that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

My worry with games like this is that we get a bunch of stupid awful injuries in a game we were always going to dominate because our over-eager excited players just hurl themselves into danger, that is the only way they know how to play. It's gonna loving suck losing one of our stars for the season midway through the third quarter of a blowout game, but that's the story of the 49ers.

And the problem with TNF, too. I think that the players haven't had enough rest since the last game and I bet that increases injury risk although I've not looked up statistics on that.

This is the advantage of having your TNF game so early in the season, you might get your injured stars back in time for the playoffs!

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, the one thing I don't want to see are injuries. Especially with the air quality being bad I'm worried players will tire out more quickly and strain themselves. They also redid the sod after the Ed Sheeran concert so that's another potential issue.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

It's interesting to me to watch the Broncos this season, and the infighting that seems to be happening. I am so so happy Jody chose JS/PC and greenlit that trade.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

SourKraut posted:

Lest we forget that Tom was dating a C-list actress before he met Giselle

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Papercut posted:

This is the advantage of having your TNF game so early in the season, you might get your injured stars back in time for the playoffs!

Luckily they have a second TNF game on Thanksgiving, so they can get injured again in time for the playoffs.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hey, hey, he can leave her once she is pregnant with their child. Then later on, kiss his children on the lips. He is still young, he has time.

QBs ditching their boring SO for an upgrade once they have NFL success is the NFC West way, it's true.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

trilljester posted:

No it doesn't, the 49ers can and should absolutely dominate the Giants

And because I said that . . .

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Setting up plans to go to the 49ers/Ravens game thanks to kind goon OGS-Remix, the tickets are crazy good so it wasn't cheap but it was about half of what it was on the resell market. Between 4 and 5 bills but again it's an incredibly good seat and a completely different stadium so who knows. Gist of it is though that 'at cost' for a season ticker holder is seemingly much much cheaper than anything you could find in the same area on ticketmaster for instance

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Luckily they have a second TNF game on Thanksgiving, so they can get injured again in time for the playoffs.

Oh no!

Also wtf gently caress that. At least it gives them 10 days off before the Eagles game.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

Oh no!

Also wtf gently caress that. At least it gives them 10 days off before the Eagles game.

Thanksgiving is when they kick off their bird gauntlet. Fitting.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Leperflesh posted:

I am begging that Kyle puts Elijah Mitchell in more often than not. Just to preserve CMC.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Papercut posted:

Oh no!

lol check this five game stretch for the Hawks, and pay attention to the dates

it's gonna suck!!!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Brutal

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Not sure I’ve ever seen back to back Thursday games before

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Not sure there will even be an entity that can be referred to as 'the Seahawks' after that. It'll be more like a five person book club

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

30 seems to be the number.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Same old sorry rear end Giants

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Just got back from the 49ers game, it was pretty fun. Solid win but still some things to improve on. I heard on the radio that they blitzed on Purdy 86% of his dropbacks and while he did well, I feel Shanahan could have schemed up some plays to just get the ball out faster so he doesn't get pressured at all. All in all a solid all around performance by the whole team. Deebo and Greenlaw getting hurt are the main problems though.

Deebo definitely has rib problems, I saw him holding his side and even after the touchdown, he was holding his left side ribs. Hopefully it's not a break, just a bruise. Greenlaw looked like he hurt his calf, he was walking pretty gingerly but his joints looked ok still.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OGS-Remix posted:

Just got back from the 49ers game, it was pretty fun. Solid win but still some things to improve on. I heard on the radio that they blitzed on Purdy 86% of his dropbacks and while he did well, I feel Shanahan could have schemed up some plays to just get the ball out faster so he doesn't get pressured at all. All in all a solid all around performance by the whole team. Deebo and Greenlaw getting hurt are the main problems though.

Deebo definitely has rib problems, I saw him holding his side and even after the touchdown, he was holding his left side ribs. Hopefully it's not a break, just a bruise. Greenlaw looked like he hurt his calf, he was walking pretty gingerly but his joints looked ok still.

I was whining in the GDT all night about the poor adjustments the niners made to the constant blitzing. I almost think that might've been a record for number of dropbacks with a free rusher against a team in a game. I thought Purdy did pretty well on those plays overall, he even made some gorgeous throws that didn't end up completed like the potential touchdown to McCaffrey. Or when it wasn't there he threw it away or threw a ball with a tiny chance of a reception but no chance of being intercepted. Main thing he did well was just denying the Giants a turnover which they were basically counting on.

I also respect the Giants DC for doing that, he basically said gently caress it unless we cause chaos we've got no chance to win this game. And it kind of worked, despite the 49ers still scoring thirty points.

But the lack of adjustment was real frustrating. Zero blitzes are great times to run the ball, since there will generally only be a single player in each gap, and great times to have multiple hot routes to hit free space the defense is vacating when they blitz. Or you can go max protect and try to hit a deep shot against single coverage. Too many times there'd be a 5 or 6 man blitz and no one had finished their routes or was even turned around to receive a pass before a free rusher was in Purdy's face. They did hit some screens on those plays, and the Deebo touchdown was a great example of taking advantage of single coverage, but overall they could've taken way more advantage of the clear and obvious tendencies they were seeing.

Still a good win, especially without Aiyuk which visibly slowed down the pass game, but could've been a blowout.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm happy they got Mitchell the ball a lot more and got production out of him. Two dudes establishing the run is good.

Giants did a good job of open field tackling. I think that helped contribute to why the offense looked sluggish a lot of drives.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think Purdy needs to work on accuracy a bit. He did have some very nice throws, but also a couple that could have been intercepted and a handful that were just off target, including a couple that receivers stretched and caught anyway to bail him out a bit.

There were also some costly penalties that killed a couple drives. Gotta clean up those personal fouls.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
B-rock The Islamic Shock Hussein Purdy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rjmccall posted:

Not sure I’ve ever seen back to back Thursday games before
The back-to-back Thursday games have been happening consistently the past few years, only the week after Thanksgiving: two of the six teams that played on Thanksgiving play the following Thursday.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Here's the STH cost list for the remaining games:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

I think Purdy needs to work on accuracy a bit. He did have some very nice throws, but also a couple that could have been intercepted and a handful that were just off target, including a couple that receivers stretched and caught anyway to bail him out a bit.

Guy did just have some major elbow surgery!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
yeah, back in Russ' prime it was exciting to see a defense try a zero blitz because it usually meant a touchdown over the top.

the Giants played well but were so completely outclassed in talent. they impressed last year by doing so much with so little but it's obvious how much had to go right for them to succeed. those things are... not going right now. it's kind of wild how little talent that team has actually.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Guy did just have some major elbow surgery!

There was a segment during last night's game about the new, apparently uncommon procedure he underwent. It was very interesting actually (it's all cg but if you are squeamish about such things maybe you won't want to watch this). I had a similarly uncommon procedure done on my shoulder (except in my case they actually used a piece of donor bone to fill the damaged space, rather than a strip of material to reinforce a ligament):

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1705030693426958543

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

That's actually really cool. TNF is definitely the best broadcast group in the NFL right now.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lifespan posted:

That's actually really cool. TNF is definitely the best broadcast group in the NFL right now.

I watched that last night and thought the same. Amazon is really flexing on the other broadcasters.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

kensei posted:

I watched that last night and thought the same. Amazon is really flexing on the other broadcasters.

I mean the next gen stats view is so so good too. I've been complaining about how tight the camera is in the NFL for so long, you literally cannot see if anyone is open or if a pass is likely to be caught until the camera violently pans over. You get better detail on the pocket in the classic view, but for someone who enjoys the intricacies of defensive and offensive football schemes, it's so so good and I'm hoping such wide view options will become more common over time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They also bring on 49ers legend Richard Sherman.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1705263912457994505

trap game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I kinda also like the manning bros and guest kinda halfassedly chat over the game and sometimes predict what the play is before the snap, too, but the amazon coverage is pretty good.