Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
It’s a sad state of affairs when 4 soldiers actually represents a very valuable donation to our forces. Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Oh... Your Grace. It feels safer in here. I don't have to worry about anyone coming after me. I have my friends here, and no one can come inside. I wish I'd just asked you to imprison me straight away, Your Grace.

:unsmith:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Must I remind you that one of these children may well be your Queen and ruler one day?

I try very hard not to think about it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
I'd happily take the four soldiers, they may become the deciding factor in winning this game. I'll wait until Pietro's storyline is concluded before I start speaking about the alternative scenario.

I've just started working on the next update. I've just created the week eleven banner and I'm about to work on the opening gif, so I haven't even started the first petitioner yet. I'm definitely aiming to have an update up over the weekend though. With the loan repayments and Stan's wages, we're currently running at -1 gold a week right now. Unless things start to become critical I'll be keeping Stan's services ongoing as we would be worse off if we didn't use him. We do have one village on the map with a quest, but the others and any other random ones that pop up could be beneficial in some unlikely ways.

Edit: Oh dear, Slaan is in hot water right now!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 21, 2023

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Oof, the loan for the dress was an even worse idea now. And we're stuck unitl we pay it off. That's a lot of gold that -could- have been available for other things.

Can we sell the dress?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nope. It went off with the bride and her husband

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

And her husband's troops! :argh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

I'd happily take the four soldiers, they may become the deciding factor in winning this game. I'll wait until Pietro's storyline is concluded before I start speaking about the alternative scenario.

I've just started working on the next update. I've just created the week eleven banner and I'm about to work on the opening gif, so I haven't even started the first petitioner yet. I'm definitely aiming to have an update up over the weekend though. With the loan repayments and Stan's wages, we're currently running at -1 gold a week right now. Unless things start to become critical I'll be keeping Stan's services ongoing as we would be worse off if we didn't use him. We do have one village on the map with a quest, but the others and any other random ones that pop up could be beneficial in some unlikely ways.

Edit: Oh dear, Slaan is in hot water right now!

:ohdear: what happened to my holdings in the North?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Slaan posted:

:ohdear: what happened to my holdings in the North?

Your holdings are fine, I wouldn't leave the country any time soon though.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

wedgekree posted:

Oof, the loan for the dress was an even worse idea now.

Golly, if only someone had said that it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress. Oh wait, I did. I suppose I should say, "Golly, if only people had listened to me when I said it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress." But that's a very long sentence, and I suspect my fellow counsellors might fall asleep before I finish saying it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Zzzz.... what!? Go into debt to buy a wedding dress? We already did that once, it didn't work out ukur fool.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Yes... Umm... Sturdy walls, steel bard, a personal guard... Oh what.... There's nowhere to run!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Whoops, I'll rectify my spelling error.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Whoops, I'll rectify my spelling error.

Just replace the picture with this one:

;)

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

TheDavies posted:

Golly, if only someone had said that it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress. Oh wait, I did. I suppose I should say, "Golly, if only people had listened to me when I said it was a bad idea to go into debt to pay for a wedding dress." But that's a very long sentence, and I suspect my fellow counsellors might fall asleep before I finish saying it.

Hey, I argued for the 'just give her mom's old one, she can't stand the wedding and wants it over, no one will notice'!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

…I still really liked the puffy dress.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I mean, if things hadn't been f'd up, it would have been fine.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (22) The Arrival Of The STABBER!

Your Grace, how is our investigation going?

I have found this animal tooth. And this letter... But I don't know how it ended up in our castle.

I have prepared a table for you in the Council Chamber where you can inspect the items. We should invite and question the Lords. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to learn something from them. Remember that they might not always tell you the truth, Your Grace. And while we're inviting them, we should try to form alliances too.

Your Grace, I haven't found out anything specific about the decorations from the letter... But the word has it that Kings of the North usually decorate their correspondence, to show off their wealth.

Maybe some of our northern Lords adopted this tradition. Thank you, General. If you find anything else, please do let me know.

A pleasure to meet you, Your Grace. And my biggest condolences about Talys... Although I didn't like him at all! Anyway, Lurs has explained your situation to me. I believe I can help. For something in return, of course. You see, you have something I want to give to my son. Hmm. Someone, actually. I would like your daughter, Asalia, to marry him. I believe this would greatly strengthen our relationship for years to come, and as a start, I would lend you my army. 300, fully equipped and trained soldiers. All ready to stand against Radovia. And along with the men, 4 gold and 5 supplies. So... What do you say?

I will need some time to think this through...

Oh, of course darling. Take as much time as you like. Just remember that Radovia won't be waiting for you to get ready! Hahaha!

Is this a new pet you're hiding there, Pumpkin?

Your Grace, may I introduce to you... THE STABBER!

Oh no...

THE HEDGEHOG!

The Stabber? Why "The Stabber"?

Well, I wanted to name him Hansen, but that name is already taken... The other option was to call him Squisher but it didn't seem like that would scare off enemies! Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

How did you come up with this? What is this all about?

Well, Father, do you know the tale of Hansen?

No.

Hansen was a hedgehog who rode on a black rooster, Your Grace. He was ugly and unwanted, but one day, he helped a King find his way home. As a prize, the hedgehog asked the King to promise to give him whatever greets him first, upon his return home. It turned out that the King's daughter was the first to greet him. One year later, the hedgehog came to claim his reward and married the princess. It was difficult for the princess to love the ugly creature Hansen was. But she learned to accept him, and once she proved her true love for him... Hansen turned into the most handsome prince with the biggest castle made out of diamonds.

Huh... This story sounds familiar. I wish life was as simple as a fairy tale.

Yes, Lady Danica always tells me this tale before bed, Father. It's a well known story. A lot of books have different versions of it! The most popular was something about an old man with white hair, killing monsters... It's very silly, but Danica likes this one a lot! See... I will turn The Stabber into a prince.

A prince...?

Oh, it's not for me, Father... Once The Stabber is a prince, he can help me get Lulie back, I'm sure she will like him more than Ivo! And then she and Dusty can come back to the castle...

Fine, keep The Stabber close to you, but don't lose him. And... Don't stab yourself!

It's not the "stabber". It's the STABBER! The STABBER is on a mission, and he is about to... STAB SOMEONE!

At least she will be occupied?

I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

Your Grace! My village has been raided by bandits. These scum are fiercer than any others! There have been casualties. They have killed an entire family! We are counting on help from your General, Your Grace!

We should keep an eye on these bandits, make sure Radovians are not creating further posts. If they are locals, we should show them that there is no place for such behaviour.

I will speak to my advisor to see what we can do. Please wait in the next room and I will call you back in when I'm ready for you.

I should speak to Asalia and let her know of Lady Lena's proposal. I should probably tell Audry to lock the stable doors first.

Yes, Father?

Lady Lena visited me... Do you remember Lady Lena? She was at your sister's wedding.

Yes, why are you telling me this?

Well... She asked me if you would like to marry her son. But before you throw a tantrum, know that I haven't given her the decision yet.

Oh... I see. I guess I won't have much to say in this matter anyway...

Well... I don't know. What do you think?

I don't even know him! Do you think I want to marry a stranger?!

Is there anyone that you know and would want to marry?

No...

We need to find you someone sooner or later. You know how this works.

I know, I just don't think I'm ready for this.

No-one is ever ready for this, As.

Do you mind if I pet him?

Not at all, Your Grace. Just don't s...

Ouch!

Stab yourself...

Darling?

What do you think about finding Asalia a prince? Lady Lena came to me with a proposition.

Asalia? She's still young. I thought we wouldn't have to think about it until after the battle.

I know, I wasn't really sure what to tell her. She was offering her support in the battle if we agree.

We need as much help as we can get. But I don't want to let Asalia go yet... I'll leave this decision up to you sweetheart.

Family Matters

Should we agree to this offer or refuse the offer for now? We don't have to give an answer right away but when the time comes I will need to inform Lady Lena of my decision.

Council Meeting

Hello once again. There are no new surprises this week, the Radovians have attacked another village and the King has had another offer of marriage to one of his daughters. We are currently running at a deficit of one gold coin and that may continue until the loan for the dress has been paid off. We can weather this storm for the next few weeks but we may need to send Stan out on some scouting missions to see if he can find some extra resources or potential investment opportunities.

Let's begin with the marriage proposal. Lady Lena is offering 300 soldiers and several resources for Asalia to marry her son, I'm unaware of the King's decision in this matter but I know him and he will have made a decision by now.

There was only one petitioner this week and they reported that their village had been attacked by the Radovians. We can send Stan or send them on their way. We can send Stan to investigate but he will be gone for two weeks, if we decide to keep him with us then he can make a start with visiting one of the locations on the map.

Map

Kaski - Quest: Dust Delivery.

Kosano - Unknown.

Luba - Unknown.

Wolomy - Unknown.

Upgrades

We do have enough gold and enough supplies for another upgrade. None of them are critical at this moment in time so we can hold off for a short while until we are in a more comfortable position. If you do feel like we should invest in an upgrade right now then please come forward and say.

Should we build the Stables, the Carnival, prepare the General or should we hold off on upgrades for now?

Evidence

We have an update regarding the letter that was found in the gardens. It turns out that the Northern Lords used to decorate their letters in a similar fashion, and some of them may still do. Say, Slaan, aren't your holdings in the North? There are still more clues to uncover, a piece of evidence that remains a mystery and there seems to be another piece of the puzzle that is missing. Not only do we need to find more allies, we also need to get more help with solving this case and some of these other Lords and Ladies may be able to provide us with more information. That leads us to the final decision of the night.

Allies

Who shall we invite to court next week? We could invite Lady Lena back to court to give her an answer but there is absolutely no rush in doing so. We already know what she would like in return for her alliance and we can give her an answer at any time.

We can also invite Lord Etton back to court to talk about his... business dealings. He may also be able to provide more insight into the evidence that has been found. But it may also be worthwhile holding off until we have investigated Kaski, if we had more firm evidence we could confront him with more authority.

There are still five nobles who we have yet to speak to. It may be beneficial to invite someone new to court so we can broker a deal on an alliance and they may have some new insights into Talys' death that we are unaware of. Who shall we invite?

Ah yes, there is one last thing that I need to mention before we take our customary break. Cedani has another new pet and she has called it "THE STABBER". If you're going to wander the castle while we're on a break I'd double-check any place that you are about to sit down as that little... darling creature lives up to its name. I found out the hard way... Anyway, it's now time for a break, who is going to join me in a game of shove piggy shove?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Hold off on wedding another daughter for now

Send the petitioner on their way we are beset by enemies.

In furtherence of that, send Stan to Wolomy

Save our gold and supplies for now and

Contact Jovan

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Keep Asalia close to us and don’t marry her off yet.

Send Stan to investigate the attacked village to see if he can stave off these threats to our kingdom.

Don’t spend our supplies just yet on upgrades.

I guess it would be a nice idea to contact Jovan.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Pretty cute that Cedani is actually holding the hedgehog in question.

Maybe it shows my ignorance but it seems like a huge hedgehog. Maybe the hedges are quite sizable near the palace. I mainly have lizards where I live.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A daughter for soldiers? Marry her off

Send Stan to Kaski to keep him closer to my holdings in the North. I need these raiders away from my vineyards!

Send the peasant away. Tchk, annoying things aren't they

Build The Stables. The care my dear mare Rapscallion gets in this town is abominable. We simply must care for our horses better!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Hold off on another marriage, especially with how the first one turned out.

Send Stan to the village to investigate, this is the second one that has been raided. Let's see if he can figure out what's going on, and prevent/stop a 3rd village raid.

Hold off on further improvements for now, there isn't really anything that needs to be done right now. We have too many places to visit already, so we don't need the stables. The Carnival would be great for happiness, but we ought to save the money in case something comes up in the future. We can prepare the general once we're ready for war.

Invite Noaksey, they have the most troops to offer.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
It's an engagement, not a wedding. It is simply an agreement that something might happen in the future. If we all die because we don't have enough gold, supplies, or soldiers, all of which are on offer, then there won't be a future. Regardless, His Grace has not solicited our opinions on this subject, so perhaps those who are offering theirs should keep their peace, the better to keep their heads.

Send the General to investigate the village.

No improvements until we are clear of the debt.

(pause) (deep sigh) Invite Lord Etton to discuss what Lord Lurs told us. I speak only for myself in that I have no interest in partaking in whatever follies will come from his ... trade, but we need money.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Agree to the engagement, who knows what might happen between now and actually following through? We get some soldiers and we might get rid of another completely out of control princess.

Send Stan to investigate the attacked village - as others have said, maybe we can work out how to stop this happening every single week, which would free him to dig further into this Etton mess.

I suspect our financial situation is only going to get worse, but nonetheless, hold off on upgrades for now.

Contact Noaksey and see what they want in exchange for more soldiers. There's still one remaining royal daughter. And her pet.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Even with the calamities all around us, our people are more content than ever. Let us not waste this good will! Send General Stan to investigate the attacked village and hopefully root out the ones plundering our countryside!

We are in no position to fund anything else at the moment... No new projects until we increase our revenue or the loan is paid off.

Speaking of revenue, I agree with council members sb hermit and Veloxyll. Let us send for Lord Jovan and gauge their interest in an interest-free boost to our coffers! Although we do still need to prioritize Lord Etton's request... and his product...

For the sake of His Grace's family, do not decide on a marriage for Asalia until she has had the opportunity to meet with the prince in question.

And lastly, ALL HAIL THE STABBER!! :3:

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Also remember we may -get- better offers for the daughter in question. There's no need to commit to the first one that comes up. If she's going to be a purely political pawn, hold out for better offers.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

wedgekree posted:

Also remember we may -get- better offers for the daughter in question. There's no need to commit to the first one that comes up. If she's going to be a purely political pawn, hold out for better offers.

That's good advice. Don't marry her off yet.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a couple of days since the last vote so I'll close it now. I have a couple of hours free before work so I should have an update up soon (hopefully).

Asalia
Marriage - 2
No Marriage - 5*

Peasant
Send Away - 2
Send Stan - 5*

Stan
Kaski - 1
Wolomy - 1

Upgrades
Hold Off - 6*
Stables - 1

Allies
Etton - 1
Jovan - 3*
Noaksey - 2

Edit:

sb hermit posted:

Pretty cute that Cedani is actually holding the hedgehog in question.

Maybe it shows my ignorance but it seems like a huge hedgehog. Maybe the hedges are quite sizable near the palace. I mainly have lizards where I live.

This could just be a design choice so we can actually see and identify what it is. Or it could just be a really large, murderous, hedgehog.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 27, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (23) Week Twelve Summary

Welcome back! I hope that no one encountered The STABBER during the recess. I received a message while you were all gallivanting around the castle grounds, that the King is going to refuse Lady Lena's offer, for now. This could all change in time, it all depends on whether the King can raise enough troops in time. I will start things off again with the raided village, we can also discuss whether we are going to send Stan to help out or whether he could be useful elsewhere.

Veloxyll: Send the petitioner on their way we are beset by enemies. In furtherence of that, send Stan to Wolomy.

sb hermit: Send Stan to investigate the attacked village to see if he can stave off these threats to our kingdom.

Slaan: Send Stan to Kaski to keep him closer to my holdings in the North. I need these raiders away from my vineyards! Send the peasant away. Tchk, annoying things aren't they

jkq Send Stan to the village to investigate, this is the second one that has been raided. Let's see if he can figure out what's going on, and prevent/stop a 3rd village raid.

TheDavies: Send the General to investigate the village.

Black Robe: Send Stan to investigate the attacked village - as others have said, maybe we can work out how to stop this happening every single week, which would free him to dig further into this Etton mess.

Bregor: Even with the calamities all around us, our people are more content than ever. Let us not waste this good will! Send General Stan to investigate the attacked village and hopefully root out the ones plundering our countryside!

I will give orders for Stan to head to the village at first light. I do not believe that we will get to the root of the problem any time soon, not until the Radovian threat has been eradicated completely. If they are going to invade then it's only natural that they will continually send scouts and raiding parties. Let's move on and discuss upgrades. Please tell me your thoughts.

Bregor: We are in no position to fund anything else at the moment... No new projects until we increase our revenue or the loan is paid off.

Black Robe: I suspect our financial situation is only going to get worse, but nonetheless, hold off on upgrades for now.

TheDavies: No improvements until we are clear of the debt.

jkq: Hold off on further improvements for now, there isn't really anything that needs to be done right now. We have too many places to visit already, so we don't need the stables. The Carnival would be great for happiness, but we ought to save the money in case something comes up in the future. We can prepare the general once we're ready for war.

Slaan: Build The Stables. The care my dear mare Rapscallion gets in this town is abominable. We simply must care for our horses better!

sb hermit: Don’t spend our supplies just yet on upgrades.

Beloxyll: Save our gold and supplies for now.

You are all making sound decisions, we will hold off for now. The Stables would be a good investment in the future but that be more beneficial when Stan becomes more available, or if we can hire a new agent. The King told me he would look into hiring someone new after the wedding but now he is even more distracted after the death of King Talys. The last order of business is where we are going to send our pigeon. Maybe we could give it a name instead of just calling it the pigeon?

Black Robe: Contact Noaksey and see what they want in exchange for more soldiers. There's still one remaining royal daughter. And her pet.

jkq: Invite Noaksey, they have the most troops to offer.

Veloxyll: Contact Jovan.

sb hermit: I guess it would be a nice idea to contact Jovan.

Bregor: I agree with council members sb hermit and Veloxyll. Let us send for Lord Jovan and gauge their interest in an interest-free boost to our coffers! Although we do still need to prioritize Lord Etton's request... and his product...

TheDavies: (pause) (deep sigh) Invite Lord Etton to discuss what Lord Lurs told us. I speak only for myself in that I have no interest in partaking in whatever follies will come from his ... trade, but we need money.

I will send a message to Jovan when this meeting has concluded, which is now! Thank you all once again for your time. We shall meet here again at the same time next week. Farewell!

I have made a decision. You shall get the help you need. My General will find the bandits and bring them to justice.

I knew we would get revenge! Thank you, Your Grace!

I don't want to give another daughter away. The first marriage went terribly. I don't want to repeat that...

She's going to have to get married at some point.

I know, this isn't entirely fair... But I don't want her to get married to a stranger. We'll find her someone more appropriate after the battle, I'm sure.

That's a relief, it's hard to imagine losing two of my daughters in one year.

You're not losing them. They're just getting married.

I know, I know.

I'll invite Lady Lena and let her know what my decision is.

End of Week Twelve!

Inventory

Archives

Investigation

Allies for Life

Attacked Village

Asalia

Cedani

Aurelea

Bregor
May 31, 2013

> HIRE DETECTIVE:ovr:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (24) Our Royal Bottom

Lord Jovan, Your Grace. My condolences about Taly's death. I've heard about Radovia. I will help you with them. 120 men will be at your command. I will also give you 5 gold. But only if Sir Friderick joins your ranks. I wouldn't want to upset him.

Who's Sir Friderick?

Battle for Brianna? You must have heard. He led the defence force. Repelled an army five times bigger! My superior officer. I served under his banner. Although it's been many years, we keep in contact. We train together. Recent years haven't been easy for him, I must say.

Thank you, Jovan. I'll send a pigeon right away.

Not to worry, Your Grace. I'm sure Sir Friderick will help; it's just a formality.

I have this in my Wine Cellar, can you tell me anything about it?

You have an extensive library, Your Grace, don't you have a bestiary you could look at?

I don't think we keep any bestiaries in our library.

I don't either... I think someone who has personally dealt with a lot of animals would know more about this tooth.

This letter is written on very intricately decorated parchment. Do you know where it could have come from?

Some Lords use fancy paper to show off their wealth, but I don't know anyone who does that.

That's will be all for now.

As you please, Your Grace.

As... What are you doing here with this brush?

Mother made me sweep all the corridors...

Why? What did you do this time?

Nothing...

As, tell me what you did.

Nothing! I swear!

Your mother will tell me what you did if you won't.

I had better start sweeping before she finds me.

Your Grace, I hear the wedding was a right feast! I mean... Apologies for my impoliteness. My condolences to King Talys, I'm sure he will be missed.

Thank you. I will pass them on.

My family has just moved to the capital. We have a house, but our garden isn't big enough... It can barely fit our horses. We'd like a bigger house, with a big garden and a beautiful front porch! For us, simple farmers that's an expense we could never afford, but for a King, it's probably nothing! It would only cost a fraction of what you paid for the wedding dress, Your Grace! 25 gold is all I ask for.

That is a large amount of money and I'm not going to just give it away without speaking to my advisor first. Please wait in the guest hall and enjoy some of our refreshments.

My name is Olivia, Your Grace. I come from the forest. I am the leader of the Cult of the Trees, in the western woods. I know I am probably not welcome here, but you are my last hope, Your Grace. I have asked all the neighboring villages for help, but they despise my god... In the middle of the forest, we have a sacred Oak, and because of all the recent rains, the area around it has flooded. A stream of water keeps running all over its roots. We have tried stopping the water, but we don't have the appropriate tools. Our people need this tree to pray to, Your Grace. Without it, they are depressed and scared. I can't bear to see them so helpless. Please help us, Your Grace.

A worshipping Oak? Are you praying to a tree?

Yes, Your Grace. It's the tree of the God of Thunder. A symbol of love and life. Filled with healing powers. Nothing bad can happen to this tree, Your Grace, please! I beg you!

I will need to put some thought into what we can do to help. I would send our General and his troop to help you but he is busy this week, unfortunately. Please wait in the guest hall, I'll make sure that you are looked after until I work out whether we can help you or not.

Your Grace! A travelling merchant here. I'm selling rather exclusive wares, if you're interested? Silk, perfumes, books and decorations. Whatever your royal soul might desire! Something tells me you might be interested in far more... delicate merchandise, though. I have a knack for these things, am I right?

Tell me more. I'm listening.

Oh, how fandustic! You see here, I have something very precious here. Satisfaction for the most disillusioned pleasure-seekers! Some say it's a perfect cure for when you don't feel particularly inspired. Others may use it purely for recreation. It's very good generally if you're going through a bad spell, Your Grace. I have one pack of dust for just 7 pieces of gold. If you're tempted to grab another sack, I might throw it in for only 5 gold. That would be two whole packs, for only 12 gold. Now, if that's not a deal worthy of your royal bottom, then I don't know what is.

I must speak to my advisor about this. Please wait in the lobby, our guards will look after you.

"King Ivo". I still can't get used to that...

I suppose no one imagined Ivo taking the throne so soon.

It's good that at least he knows I didn't poison Talys.

We still need to convince his advisors and Lords. They will need to see the murderer before they support sending their whole army to help Davern.

We will find the one responsible, I'm sure. Let's ask Lorsulia something else... Ask her about Dusty. Tell her Cedani keeps pestering me.

Very well, Your Grace. I will write her a letter. We should anticipate a reply within a couple of weeks.

Darling?

What did Asalia do? You made her sweep all the corridors in the castle? This must have been serious...

Oh Eryk... She is behaving worse and worse as she grows up. She convinced one of our servants to practise sword fighting with her...

Oh gods...

It didn't end well - the servant ended up with a huge cut on his cheek. You shouldn't let her play with sword, Eryk.

I know I shouldn't have, but I feel that if I had said no, she'd still do it in secret...

I know, Eryk. We need to pay more attention to her. Especially now Lulie is not here.

I will see you later, darling.

Fine, I will stay here.

Council Meeting

Good evening once again! You will all be pleased to know that we have had no reports of any Radovian raids this week. We've also gone another week without our people trying to murder each other as well, which is always a bonus. You may have seen Princess Asalia doing various chores around the castle, she has already maimed one person today so I'd advise you all not to make any comments within earshot of her.

I'm going to open the forum up with Lord Jovan's visit to the castle. I'm happy to report that Lord Jovan was very happy to offer his support, he offered 120 soldiers and 5 gold before we even had a chance to ask him. There was a condition attached to it though, he would only join our forces if Sir Friderick agrees to join us as well. Before we discuss today's petitioners we may as well make a decision now on who to invite next week.

We still have business to resolve with several people. We can invite Lord Etton and discuss this business regarding the dust, we can invite Lady Lena back and inform her of our decision regarding Asalia or we can invite Sir Friderick to court as per Lord Jovan's request. There are still many other people we haven't spoken to yet, we can also invite someone new to court and speak to them about their terms for an alliance. Who should we invite?

There were three petitioners at court today, each with some interesting proposals. The first petitioner was a lady whose family had moved to the city from their family farm. They did not say why they moved here or what happened to the farmstead. But, they're wanting 25 gold so they can move into a bigger house as they say it's too small for them. There is no offer to pay us back, there is no form of investment in any way, they just want 25 gold pieces. Should we give them 25 gold or laugh them out of court?

I believe that the next petitioner requires some more consideration and this case should be treated with all seriousness. The leader of the Cult Of Trees came to visit us today and asked for our help. We don't know much about these people, we don't know of their numbers or their abilities. We do know that they worship a tree and that tree is in serious danger of becoming damaged beyond repair if they do not receive any outside help. I would like to think that if we helped them then they may help us in a time of need as well. I don't believe there will be any consequences of ignoring their pleas either. We could send Stan but he is already busy elsewhere this week, which also means that we won't be paying his wages of 9 gold this week. We can use these savings and give them 12 gold so they can hire help to save the tree or we can tell them that they're on their own.

The last petitioner was the travelling merchant who sold us the mysterious potion. They have another proposal for us and this one is rather interesting, if not worrying. We recently learnt about Dust and that Lord Etton has been dealing with and distributing it in his own lands. We have also heard a rumour from Lord Lurs that Lord Etton is now trying to push it into our territory. That rumour is no longer just a rumour, this merchant brazenly offered to sell a couple of packs of Dust to our King in his own courtroom! We need to handle this situation with delicacy and it all comes down to how we want to proceed with the Lord Etton situation. I believe that if we side with one Lord we will lose the support of the other Lord permanently. If we want to make a deal with Etton to receive his troops and get in on the Dust trade, we can buy 1 pack for 7 gold or buy 2 packs for 12 gold to see if we can profit from it ourselves. If we want to make a deal with Lurs and destroy the Dust trade creeping into our territory we can throw the merchant into the dungeon. We can also ask the merchant to come back in two weeks time, which will give us enough time to send Stan to Kaski to investigate the deal that will be happening there. The only other option is to send the merchant away.

Map

Kaski - Quest: Dust Delivery.

Kosano - Unknown.

Luba - Unknown.

Wolomy - Unknown.

Evidence

There is nothing new to report with the local land or with the investigation. I'm going to call a break to the meeting now, we will reconvene again soon. Please keep an eye out for The STABBER as there are reports that he is on the prowl again.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 8, 2024

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Invite Sir Frederick so that we can see what ridiculous condition he wants for his services.

The forthcoming loss of public confidence that will come from this is on the shoulders of all of you who voted for that ludicrous dress; nevertheless, laugh them out of court. We could not afford this if we wanted to.

Give them 12 gold; we cannot afford to alienate more of the people than we already have this week.

As to the dust, I have made my feelings on this matter clear and will therefore abstain from any further discussion of it.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
What did Lurs say we would get in return for the dust?

Not voting for now

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

wedgekree posted:

What did Lurs say we would get in return for the dust?

Not voting for now

Lurs doesn't want the dust, he's offering us 200 soldiers and 6 supplies for our help in bringing down Ettonberg's alleged drug empire.

quote:

You have called for me, Your Grace.

I've heard that you have stopped supplying Branca with some resources... Spices, I believe?

I suspect you've been speaking to Etton... He trades my spices with Praciss to get Fortune Dabs. Ummm... Some call it Dipu Dabu. But it's most commonly known by the name of Oracle Dust. I've heard about Radovia. I can help... If you aid me in return...

What's Oracle Dust?

It has medicinal uses of course, but also... recreational. Highly addictive. It's particularly popular amongst priests and the like. Something about spiritual enlightenment... Makes a lot of coin, but ultimately costs people's lives. I want no part in this. Shame I'm losing sales though...

Praciss? That's far away. I've heard enough.

Your Grace, I urge you to help me curtail Etton's plans. Do not buy any Oracle Dust. And if you hear of anyone trying to sell Dust, don't hesitate to put them in the Dungeons. If anything suspicious happens, make sure I'm the first to know. If you do the right thing here, be sure that my army will stand by your side when the war begins! 200 soldiers. I can also help with 6 supplies. I heard Etton is selling Dust near Kaski. The first step in the right direction would be to stop their deliveries.

I will see what Lord Etton has to say about this first.

Just don't let that buffoon get under your skin, Your Grace!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 29, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yes, let's Invite Sir Frederick.

As for the dust merchant, throw him in the dungeon! We can't have any of that in our Kingdom.

Tell the guy who wants the big house to get lost. Seriously, we're not a bank! A cool house is not worth it.

How much of the loan payment do we still have left?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

This alliance can be sealed merely by requesting Sir Freddy? Invite the man, post haste!

This woman has the right of it. The city has too small rooms, too small stables, too small gardens and too well paid servants. Give her 25 gold so that at least one family in this realm has a decent place to stay!

If the poor are high, then how will they work? Toss the merchant in the dungeon.

Tell the God botherers to sod off. Money to tithes is money not being spent on armies or stables for my horse!

Slaan fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 30, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Quackles posted:

Yes, let's Invite Sir Frederick.

As for the dust merchant, throw him in the dungeon! We can't have any of that in our Kingdom.

Tell the guy who wants the big house to get lost. Seriously, we're not a bank! A cool house is not worth it.

How much of the loan payment do we still have left?

I believe that we have made three payments already so we still have another three to go. We managed to make 8 gold in profit this week without paying for Stan's wage, it seems like the longer we send an agent away the less we have to pay them.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
To be a vice trading kingdom is beneath our dignity! Let’s lock him up, or at least have nothing to do with his nonsense.

Hmph, helping peasants and businessfolk is one thing, but to ask us to buy her a nice estate? How brazen! Let’s have none of that.

…Have any of you heard that delightful little yarn from down south, the one about giving mice cookies? For some reason, this business with Sir Frederick is reminding me of it. Ah, well, let’s Give this Knight a cookie—er, audience. Mmm, cookies.

We should donate to the tree woman, I suppose. Crossing possible magicians seems a poor idea, and if it is a folk religion we ought to at least show some respect for the people’s sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dust. He'll find lots of dust IN THE DUNGEON

25 gold for no return sounds like a joke. Laugh them out of the court or offer them a position under the court jester

Invite Sir Frederik. Even if he's past his prime, perhaps he can teach our soldiers something

Our enemies send scouts and ne'er do wells through the forest. The support of people who live in the forest is vital. Send them gold to save their tree