Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Do you wear makeup? Do you ever wish “wow this shadow would be awesome as an eyeliner but adding water doesn’t quiiiiite work?” or “wehhh this liquid shadow dried up?”

Inglot. Duraline. In tandem with shadow primer and setting spray, you’ll need to jackhammer the makeup off your eyes.

“But teen witch i also have lips”

I currently use this lipstick sealant by Art Deco, but there are a few brands that sell essentially the same, though read reviews before buying. Put on lipstick, let dry if matte, and put the sealant on top. Keep in mind that it’ll bleed slightly, but unless you have canyons of wrinkles around your lips and dip the entirety of your lips in said sealant, it’s nbd. There’s an odd tingle that spook some people out, but it fades after a min.

As for lipstick itself, I’m eternally tied to matte lipstick and you’ll pry the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink from my weirdly shaped fingies.

This lipstick loving STAYS on. It is drunkproof, even with oils it will hang for some time. I’ve also heard the others in the same line of glosses and regular finishes are just as solid. I will commit crimes if they even dream of discontinuing the line.

And more on lips - this is a dupe for the Laniege lip mask and owns bones. It’s by W7 and one jar has lasted me forever. I’ve heard that a few of their products are actually pretty solid, but I’ve yet to try them.

Do you wear tights? Well start, and I highly recommend Snag tights, they’re in like a zillion sizes and colors and well worth the price.

Or maybe thigh highs more your style? Get yourself some wig glue I’m not kidding. Keeps mine from rolling down for hours and it’s easy to use, though it smells clinical when applying. I use makeup remover to remove any residue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

juggalo baby coffin posted:

did anyone say massage guns yet? bc they are a life changer if u have muscle-related pain

this is the fancy one but theres a lot of cheaper equivalents that also work well

Going to co-sign this too, I have the same model and I legitimately cannot fathom going without it considering my workout schedule and how hosed my body is post workout. Any sort of soreness and tension in my muscles melts away with the Theragun.

I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives but I've never tried them but you can't go wrong with a Theragun.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not sure it counts as an "object," but the Multi-Account Containers extension for Firefox is awesome and allows you to keep accounts separate while reducing tracking and such a lot. It also lets you be signed into the same site with different accounts simultaneously in the same browser, which I personally don't use much but it's nice to know I can.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

On the subject of makeup:

Use nail polish? Get yourself to a hardware store and buy a big jub of pure acetone (usually with the boating stuff). It's soooo much cheaper than buying it as nail polish remover at the drug store.

But Metaline, it will dry out my skin! Yes, but I have One Simple Trick for that:

Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream is magic. Great for eczema, too!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 20, 2023

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

teen witch posted:

[LOTS OF GOOD STUFF]

my makeup hoarding life partner thanks you for this post

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

teen witch posted:

[YES, GOOD STUFF]

Holy poo poo, I'm giving you so many kisses!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Parsnips. They are a delicious and it seems most people around my age don’t even know what they look like. They are a top notch ingredient for lentil soup.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
aw man roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots in like a beef stew...perfect autumn dish

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Parsnips. They are a delicious and it seems most people around my age don’t even know what they look like. They are a top notch ingredient for lentil soup.

also excellent fried and put on top of about anything

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like getting drunk and having popcorn at night and when I run out of microwave popcorn I use my air popper.

That silicone popcorn bowl earlier just went on my Amazon wishlist. That could be a game changer.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
for pro popcorn, get a Whirley Pop, Flavacol, and butter flavored coconut oil

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

isaboo posted:

for pro popcorn, get a Whirley Pop, Flavacol, and butter flavored coconut oil

I use Flavacol of course and also a flavored white cheddar seasoning. To get it to stick, a few years ago I read to use cooking spray and that's what I do when it's coming out of the popper. A tiny sprits of butter flavored cooking spray, dusting of flavacol, shake and spin the bowl while more is coming out and continue.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Flavacol is definitely a cheap life enhancer, if you don’t count health. After years of trying on my own to get that awesome popcorn flavour some goon mentioned it in a derail and holy smokes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Metamucil powder. It's like Draino for your intestines.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

redshirt posted:

It’s like a first class ticket to the toilet

Also, cooking popcorn in a regular pot on the stove is fun, easy, and cheap. Going to have to try some butter flavored coconut oil and cheese seasoning next.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Has anyone said adult diapers yet

Great performance for long lasting comfort

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Has anyone said adult diapers yet

Great performance for long lasting comfort

just ask lisa nowak. they’re astronaut endorsed

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

redshirt posted:

I thought the purpose of this stuff was to prevent diarrhea, not cause it

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I've finally found a supermarket here that sells parsnips and I'm probably the only person buying them because no one else here knows what they are.

I've even had guys at the checkout look at them and say "There's something off with these carrots"

Cut into batons and air-fried for 18 minutes with salt, pepper and olive oil...

or...

Combined with a leek and a potato for the best soup

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

pencilhands posted:

I thought the purpose of this stuff was to prevent diarrhea, not cause it

Oh God why does this have to be the thing I know too much about. I've been taking psyllium husk for over a decade for diverticular disease.

This stuff will absorb water and "bulk your stool". Basically what normal dietary fibre should do, which the average person in a first world country doesn't get enough of. I remember looking at what was required to get the recommended amount of fibre normally and it was to eat a ludicrous amount of unpeeled vegetables and beans every day. White rice, pasta and bread are mostly fibre free so you need to use brown and wholewheat variants etc.

You can still have diarrhea for all the normal reasons people get it when using this but if you have regular diarrhea because you've an awful diet with no fibre then this will help with that. The idea for the diverticular prevention is you have more bulk to move and you'll strain less and less likely to create more little blow outs in your intestines that like to get infected. Avoiding this is a good life tip.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
shower stuff is underrated as heck imo!!

splurging on a good adjustable non eco shower head, a few bigass quality terrycloth towels and a nice quick drying polyester floor mat at Ikea solidly stands atop the best apartment upgrades i've ever done

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If your shower head is low flow and you don't want it to be, unscrew where it meets the pipe from the wall, there's almost always a little screen embedded in the shower connection that looks like a filter that you can remove

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Also: He has an amazing dollhouse in the background there.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

AEMINAL posted:

shower stuff is underrated as heck imo!!

splurging on a good adjustable non eco shower head, a few bigass quality terrycloth towels and a nice quick drying polyester floor mat at Ikea solidly stands atop the best apartment upgrades i've ever done

We got one of those bucket towel warmers and it’s been wonderful. Works for robes and PJs as well. The rack-style towel warmer we also have does not come close.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For those of you in cold weather areas, put a small space heater in your bathroom.

Turn it on 15 minutes before you take a shower. Everything is nice and warm when you finally hop in and more importantly, hop out.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

teen witch posted:

And more on lips - this is a dupe for the Laniege lip mask and owns bones. It’s by W7 and one jar has lasted me forever. I’ve heard that a few of their products are actually pretty solid, but I’ve yet to try them.

As someone who is allergic to lanolin (which is in practically every kind of normal lip balm and just makes my lips even more loving chapped), Laniege has been a lifesaver. I need to check this poo poo out!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I tried $13 deodorant and my god it is the best thing I've put under my arms and it annoys me a whole lot because I don't want to spend that much to have non stinky pits. It's hard to explain the difference between it and regular deodorant other than the regular stuff develops a weird smell after a bit as it absorbs into your skin\sweat vs the expensive one. The expensive one had a much more fresh and neutral armpit smell even after a while

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

George H.W. oval office posted:

I tried $13 deodorant and my god it is the best thing I've put under my arms and it annoys me a whole lot because I don't want to spend that much to have non stinky pits. It's hard to explain the difference between it and regular deodorant other than the regular stuff develops a weird smell after a bit as it absorbs into your skin\sweat vs the expensive one. The expensive one had a much more fresh and neutral armpit smell even after a while

Which one is it?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I bought an Instant Pot because of this thread and I've already made salsa chicken tacos and they were absurdly delicious and tender.
I also made some one-pot chicken and rice with a recipe from [major name brand] and it was bland as hell but still very wholesome.
I need to make Kenji's Chili Verde soon.

naem
May 29, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

is it better than Mitchum™️©️ gel

https://www.target.com/p/mitchum-me...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

because this stuff is great

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

redshirt posted:

For those of you in cold weather areas, put a small space heater in your bathroom.

Turn it on 15 minutes before you take a shower. Everything is nice and warm when you finally hop in and more importantly, hop out.
Not to brag or anything but my bathroom has a heater dial right next to the fan dial :smug:

I'll second a space heater for work areas though if you're a desk jockey.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jelly posted:

Not to brag or anything but my bathroom has a heater dial right next to the fan dial :smug:

I'll second a space heater for work areas though if you're a desk jockey.

How does that work? A localized heater just for the shower? Or bathroom?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
One of those hotel bathroom terrarium lights?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Snowy posted:

Which one is it?

Native.

I realize that I can just make my own and probably will but drat natural stuff really is nice sometimes

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

You need to live in Germany or any other country where parking discs are used.

So it does the basic thing required by many stores to use their parking, where you have to set it to your arrival time so you don’t park for over whatever time limit your Aldi has.

But also, it has plastic tokens in the size of a 1 or 2 EUR coins for your carting needs.

Not enough? It also serves as a window scraper for those frosty days.

More? It has a tire thread meter for both summer and winter.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I pay for therapy if that counts. My therapist is not an object though, she is a lovely person.

But therapy really is life enhancing, everyone should get it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I have insect screens on all my windows and it rules.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

naem posted:

is it better than Mitchum™️©️ gel

https://www.target.com/p/mitchum-me...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

because this stuff is great

They used to make an unscented deodorant version, which if it still existed I would add to this thread. Nowadays almost every loving deodorant out there is actually an antiperspirant, and I can't use them. I don't sweat much, and my skin reacts badly to whatever they use in antiperspirants, so I'm stuck searching the shelf for something that is JUST a deodorant and that doesn't smell terrible. Give me back my unscented deodorant, you bastards!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you are in an area with a shitload of pollen, getting an air purifier for your bedroom means you sleep a lot better and don't wake up feeling like poo poo :yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Tunicate posted:

If you are in an area with a shitload of pollen, getting an air purifier for your bedroom means you sleep a lot better and don't wake up feeling like poo poo :yeah:

We have 5 HEPA air filters, a MERV13 air filter that we replace every month and a Roomba that vacuums and mops the entire house three time a week. Even with two dogs and two cats there is like no dust anywhere ever.