Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

After seeing how redic good she actually is I did decide to trip my pity and got Fu Xuan. Going to regret this come next banner probably but whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

To me she's going to be more powerful than DHIL since last I checked she'll have 32% crit rate from her base and traces When you don't have to include an important substat on the relics, you can pump the other stats to even higher numbers, leading to more higher numbers in battle. With Lynx, it would be easier imho to get her buffed than you have to deal with DHIL's skill points requirements.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zeron posted:

It's only on her Enhanced Skill attack, but sorry no she's actually very good from what I hear. Somewhere between Seele and DHIL in power levels I think? Yanqing is already obsolete honestly, he just fills a niche that isn't in any of the current high level content. But yes, she makes him completely obsolete by herself.
It's only right that Yanqing should suck arse compared to his much cooler grandma. Huge flavour win.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

NeonPunk posted:

To me she's going to be more powerful than DHIL since last I checked she'll have 32% crit rate from her base and traces When you don't have to include an important substat on the relics, you can pump the other stats to even higher numbers, leading to more higher numbers in battle. With Lynx, it would be easier imho to get her buffed than you have to deal with DHIL's skill points requirements.

She does less damage than him, you have to remember she's kind of like Eula where what she does is backloaded. For every explosive turn, she has to take an equally crap turn. And her ult changes mean you can't skip a bad turn, since now it no longer treats you as having her big buffs, need to wait til she pops off to use it.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh they made changes to her ult? Okay, I'll just wait until the final version comes out to make a better judgment on her kit

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

Meanwhile I saw video footage of Jingliu and she seems kinda disappointing imo

What about this video footage?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxTtZWGvN2D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U959LqiXC_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3tGgYUCeU4

Honkai Impact 3rd Part 2 announced today. Da Wei gesticulating and looking as fired up as ever in the video. Story starts on Mars apparently. Implications for Star Rail probably still minimal though.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Oh they made changes to her ult? Okay, I'll just wait until the final version comes out to make a better judgment on her kit

It does not automagically go into enhanced mode anymore, incentivizing you to hold it until it activates. Played right she does near Bibi damage for a fraction of the SP cost, and works with Bronya much better, but yeah as stated previously you have to suffer through some really weak boring turns to build up first.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Her damage waxes and wanes, like the moon. It's thematic, you see.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So people are going to say she takes too long to do damage then, just like jing yuan?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

she also doesn't seem to have any freeze attributes which was disappointing to me. i get so much value from Yanqing's CC in SU and MoC

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

IIRC she had freeze in previous iterations of her kit so it still has a chance to come back

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So people are going to say she takes too long to do damage then, just like jing yuan?
They might, but it would be silly. She fully benefits from her own speed and Bronya's haste like anyone else. Not really the same sort of drawback, I don't think. It's not even all downside, because it means her supports can be slower than her and still get a turn to set up before she has to go off.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I spent a few pulls shooting for Fu’s LC before the earlier posts here made me hold off.

Honestly I’ll probably just throw landau’s choice on her and call it a day.

If Seele rerun turns out to be true I might honestly just try and go for her LC instead.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Actually yeah Jing would be nice to finally get Seele out of my party since she's been there since the game came out

Variety, yknow?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Meowywitch posted:

Actually yeah Jing would be nice to finally get Seele out of my party since she's been there since the game came out

Variety, yknow?

I guess, but I will never get tired of disappearing in a sea of butterflies

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

silvergoose posted:

I guess, but I will never get tired of disappearing in a sea of butterflies

My Seele gets so many turns and does so many damages that frequently the 4th person in my party doesn't get to act at all

It's kind of rude

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Meowywitch posted:

Variety, yknow?

As someone who hasn't taken Kafka out of my party aside from niche poo poo like preservation shield stacking in Swarm Disaster D5: cannot possibly relate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My clara is critting for like 40k on mobs with just Lynx attack buff while her ult is running. Cant wait to see her with topaz and some defense shreds or more party buffs.

Of course this is without any SI shenanigans. I'm going to have fun when Topaz comes out doing follow up attack runs

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Got my Fu relatively built, as well as tweaked my DPS chars today.
https://www.hsr-showcase.com/u/602214046

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FractalSandwich posted:

It's only right that Yanqing should suck arse compared to his much cooler grandma. Huge flavour win.

i'm pretty sure she's actually just his mom

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Futaba Anzu posted:

i'm pretty sure she's actually just his mom
I looked it up and the High Cloud Quintet fell apart like 700 years before the events of the game, and I'm pretty sure Yanqing is actually like 15 even while being a long-life species, so unless she had him after turning into a ghost I doubt it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

How's a E6 hook? she's my only destruction and I wonder how much she can destroy

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

JT Jag posted:

I looked it up and the High Cloud Quintet fell apart like 700 years before the events of the game, and I'm pretty sure Yanqing is actually like 15 even while being a long-life species, so unless she had him after turning into a ghost I doubt it

Yanqing might be a ghost baby with how often we put his rear end in the dirt.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Meowywitch posted:

How's a E6 hook? she's my only destruction and I wonder how much she can destroy

She's fine. She's not going to put up anything remotely like DHIL or RNG-blessed Qingque numbers, but if you build her properly she functions at her role and has the side perk of being pretty drat bulky for a DPS.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WrNAw5vWrs

Tokyo Game Show Trailer for Star Rail with short Topaz teaser at the end.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WrNAw5vWrs

Tokyo Game Show Trailer for Star Rail with short Topaz teaser at the end.

That just confirmed my suspicion I had when they said that we'll see Topaz in Belobog. Just straight up a scumbag doing the dirty work for the IPC.

Like the IPC just straight up wrote off Jarilio after they had their Stellaron crisis and completely abandoned them. Then oh whoops, they solved it? Just in time for the IPC to come right in and show them a 700 year old document that they lent them a line of credit that they never paid off so it would be great if you guys can go ahead and pay it off now (including the monthly late penalty fees which is compounded annually in with the interests) and it would be am awful shame if you didn't paid up

Just disgusting. No wonder she has a capitalistic pig as a pet, it's the perfect pet for her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 22, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

NeonPunk posted:

That just confirmed my suspicion I had when they said that we'll see Topaz in Belobog. Just straight up a scumbag doing the dirty work for the IPC.

Like the IPC just straight up wrote off Jarilio after they had their Stellaron crisis and completely abandoned them. Then oh whoops, they solved it? Just in time for the IPC to come right in and show them a 700 year old document that they lent them a line of credit that they never paid off so it would be great if you guys can go ahead and pay it off now (including the monthly late penalty fees which is compounded annually in with the interests) and it would be am awful shame if you didn't paid up

Just disgusting. No wonder she has a capitalistic pig as a pet, it's the perfect pet for her

lol

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'll remind everyone that you don't have to respond to bad posts. You will anyway, but you don't have to

My Fu Xuan is only 7k HP, should I drop her ER rope for HP% instead?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

I'm pulling for the cute girl with the cute pig

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

lmao

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
ngl I don't even know who the ipc is

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

acumen posted:

ngl I don't even know who the ipc is
they're responsible for that piece of poo poo beepy findie

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 22, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

JT Jag posted:

they're responsible for that piece of poo poo beepy

it's Findie who goes BEEP BEEP BEEP, but now I take back everything positive I've ever said about Topaz

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Woo capitalism!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
topaz is going to completely drain my jades next month, and i am going to love it

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Becoming her star jade paypig is inevitable, and I’d pay extra if Numby solved some of the more annoying map gates on top of finding the basic chests.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought I was invincible but then some rear end in a top hat bees taught me a lesson

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'll remind everyone that you don't have to respond to bad posts. You will anyway, but you don't have to

7k is more than enough imo. Mine only has 6.5k and she solo-tanked MoC10 like it was nothing. The only thing you'd need to be tankier for right now is Swarm 5 in certain paths, but in extreme cases like that the ER probably gives her more survivability anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Personally, I don't think so. Using her ultimate as frequently as possible is absolutely critical not only for her own survival, but also for keeping the team from slowly bleeding out. I firmly think that energy recharge rope and speed boots are a must for her for increasing the frequency of her ultimates.

If it helps, mine is closer to 6500, but I had no issues using her to solo sustain through MoC10 the other day.