Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Zephyrus
Apr 17, 2018

Neito posted:

I worked helpdesk at my school when I was a student, and every so often we'd get a parent like this. By law we're extremely limited in what we can give third parties (and parents are, by definition, a third party) and some parents just were not having that. Never had anyone show up at the physical desk itself, but there were multiple parents very, very mad that I wouldn't give them access to their kid's grades, email address, financial aid info, etc.

I also worked the IT helpdesk in college, and yes. This happened. So often. They'd want the password, or access to grades, or their schedule, or some other information. Whether I could even access it myself or not. I would just tell them that their child was an adult*, and as such I was not legally allowed to do so and would lose my job and face charges if I did. If they continued to ask, I would say "I'm sorry I cannot help you further, have a nice day" and hang up.

My boss was in the next room during normal "business" hours (I worked nights/weekends a lot), and she never once had an issue with me hanging up on them. After dealing with my grandmother being invasive in a similar way, it felt SO GOOD to just be able to tell these parents to gently caress off, even if I couldn't say that literally.

*There were a few students that were 17 and were technically exceptions, but I wasn't allowed to verify that because that was more personal information than I had access to, and thus I was also able to wash my hands of even those rare edge cases.

As for the Spanish class name discussion, my class in high school also did the whole "use a Spanish name" but it was 100% "pick your own" and meant to make the class more fun (I guess, that teacher never had a problem if a student didn't want to participate in it) and the order of selection was drawn randomly, but I also never had a guy in my classes take the name Nacho. None of this happened in college Spanish.

I have no clue if the French class did the same thing. I did have a classmate in Spanish II that refused to call me by my given name OR the Spanish one and insisted on my surname despite me refusing to answer to it.

Just call people what they ask you to. It's not that loving hard.

e: dumbest loving snipe and I don't have time to find content for you guys. sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Barudak posted:

El Hombre Lobo tiene nardos!!!!

Not gonna lie, the Dr. Who thing flew over my head, partly because I've never watched the show but mostly because Matt Lucas gives me visceral creeps. Has he been milkshake ducked yet?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Having trouble saying someone's name is an entirely different beast than "No, Imma call you Pablo now, deal with it", which is what the teacher was doing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I honestly don’t care about page snipes, please don’t beat yourselves up over it. The top post of every page doesn’t need to have a new story, you still posted content.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

blatman posted:

if you're holding her hand then whos across the room with the catchers mitt???

The obstetrician, obviously

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Baron Zephyrus posted:

I also worked the IT helpdesk in college, and yes. This happened. So often. They'd want the password, or access to grades, or their schedule, or some other information. Whether I could even access it myself or not. I would just tell them that their child was an adult*, and as such I was not legally allowed to do so and would lose my job and face charges if I did. If they continued to ask, I would say "I'm sorry I cannot help you further, have a nice day" and hang up.

My boss was in the next room during normal "business" hours (I worked nights/weekends a lot), and she never once had an issue with me hanging up on them. After dealing with my grandmother being invasive in a similar way, it felt SO GOOD to just be able to tell these parents to gently caress off, even if I couldn't say that literally.

*There were a few students that were 17 and were technically exceptions, but I wasn't allowed to verify that because that was more personal information than I had access to, and thus I was also able to wash my hands of even those rare edge cases.

A lot of ours were parents calling in for password resets for their kids, often with the kid's right there. I could always tell those were going to be the ones that would have the roughest time, cus they can't handle simple things on their own.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not letting my boyfriend get a paternity test?

quote:

"It’s not that I don’t trust it’s just that I want to make sure."

quote:

That’s when he said he would paternity test all of our kids. That really got me so I decided to end the debate and said I wouldn’t be getting paternity tests for any kids. Then he got annoyed and started asking why he can’t have simple conversations with me like I do with my friends

Gee I dunno, maybe it's because the friends aren't trying to casually drop in a notification that their life partner will have to live their entire relationship under presumed assumption of infidelity, but who can say, really :iiam:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's a dumb practice. I don't give a poo poo what the spanish version of my name is- It's not my goddamn name, and if you call me that I'm not answering it.

It's a case by case basis, if my name sounds cooler in certain languages I'm taking it.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Charles Leclerc posted:

My (24F) boyfriend (29M) came prematurely during sex; he left embarrassed then said it was because he is uncertain about us

Maybe he had been smoking meth?
I could talk my difficulties out with my understanding girlfriend, or maybe I could talk about it with a therapist........ orrrrrrrrr I could sabotage myself out of ever having sex with a girl who I'm so into that I came in five pumps. the decision here is clear

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for trying to talk to my son?

Untraceable Jimmy must be related to Dignified Pete somehow

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City
AITA for saying hello to my 8th grade crush when I saw her at the grocery store?

quote:

When I was in 8th grade we had to do square dancing for PE and I danced with this girl names Vanessa. I don’t remember the dance but we had to hold hands and I fell head over heels in love with her. She was really out of my league so I never had the courage to approach her but I used to have vivid fantasies about dating her, marrying her and having a life with her. She moved the first yeah in high school so I thought I’d never see her again.

I saw her at Safeway yesterday. She looked exactly the same and I had to say hello. I asked her if she was Vanessa and she said yes and I said she probably doesn’t remember me but we went to middle school together and she said that she remembered dancing with me in PE. I was so stoked that I went into telling her how much I was in love with her but too afraid to approach and she always seemed so sweet and she was still beautiful. I said that my silly school boy had dreams of marrying her and having kids and I even had the names picked out. I asked what she was doing now and she she’s getting her masters in architecture but it turns out the office she works out of us right down the street from my work. She said she had to go and I asked for her number and she gave it to me and said maybe we could catch up with a group of friends some time. I was so stoked and we said goodbye.

About 10 minutes later I thought of the name I wanted to name our kids because it was based on a book we were reading in ELA (flowers for Algernon) so I FaceTimed her to tell her. She didn’t answer and I got this text “hi, I’m sorry but this whole encounter was really intense for me. I wish you well but please don’t contact me again.”

I tried to call her on regular phone this time and I think she blocked me. I saw my girl cousin later last night and showed her because I don’t want Vanessa to get the wrong idea—I’m just a normal guy. I was thinking about maybe just stopping in at her work and explaining things again.

My cousin said that text was as blunt as it could have been without using swear words. she said I was fine to say hello, I was weird when I told her about my day dreams and I was a “certified rear end in a top hat” when I tried to FaceTime her 10 minutes later and she doesn’t even have words for what I’d be if I stopped by her office.

I would like to get a second opinion— AITA?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

OceanCyclone posted:

AITA for saying hello to my 8th grade crush when I saw her at the grocery store?

I'm absolutely shocked she actually gave him her number, probably felt too scared to not.

Incredible that had he been a normal human being it seems like she would have at least been interested in catching up more, but he went and unloaded the crazy clip in the middle of Safeway.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The amount of cringe in that one, I was debating on posting it or not.

AITAH for removing my daughter from her bed at 3 am?

quote:

My (34f) daughter (7) has been having a sleep regression issue for the last 6 ish months. Basically she gets up 2-5 times a night. Almost every single time she tells my husband and I that she wants us to physically tuck her back in. She shares a room with two of her three siblings (not ideal and will be changing)

Whenever my husband gets up with her, the behavior gets more frequent. In my eyes this is because he goes all in. Doing things like singing to her, cuddling her, talking to her, instead of placing her back in bed and going back to sleep. She basically gets a ton of attention with him at night and it makes her get up more. I’ve tried to explain this to him but he dismisses it, so I usually get up with her to try to curb the behavior by giving minimal feedback and just putting her back in bed.

My daughter came to me at almost 3 am and asked me to “cover her back up” I was admittedly short and irritated. I took her back to her room and told her she is a big enough girl to cover herself with blankets. We’d practiced this and talked about it so it wasn’t like I was expecting her to do it herself out of the blue. She refused. So I told her goodnight, She began full on screaming at the top of her lunges and crying. I tell her that I’m going to count to three and she can either stop screaming or we can go downstairs. At this point she’s woken her siblings and I’m trying to contain the situation. I count to three she’s screaming more. I lift her out of bed and lead her by the hand to the stairs.

At this point my husband is up. He tells me he can handle it. I tell him I’m taking her downstairs to talk to her and to keep her from screaming where everyone sleeps. He tells me to stop. I tell him he’s undermining me and to back off.

He does step aside but follows me downstairs and is cooing to her the whole time and bringing her water. I repeat that I can handle it and to please leave us to talk. He refuses.

I do manage to talk to my daughter, explain that she can’t scream like that and that she needs to be a big girl and cover herself with her blankets at night. My husband hovers over my shoulder. I take her back to bed, she does cover herself up, and we leave the room.

He immediately turns to me and tells me that I was abusing our daughter. That I can’t convince him that what I was doing wasn’t abuse. I try to explain but he ignores me and marches downstairs to the couch. I try to talk to him again and he just insists that I’m abusing our daughter. I was admittedly short with her but besides leading her downstairs by the hand I did not touch her and I don’t feel I was overly mean in trying to enforce her tucking herself in when she finds herself uncovered in the middle of the night. So, AITAH?

TLDR my daughter wakes up multiple times a night. In trying to teach her to take care of her needs on her own I removed her from the room so she wouldn’t wake up her siblings, my spouse is calling me abusive and mean. AITA.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

OceanCyclone posted:

"God, all I did was say hello, it's not like I unloaded this weird tractor trailer's worth of feelings at her and then told her I've been thinking about the kids I'd have with a girl I haven't seen since she was like 14."

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I saw my girl cousin later last night and showed her because I don’t want Vanessa to get the wrong idea—I’m just a normal guy. I was thinking about maybe just stopping in at her work and explaining things again.

I think she has the right idea already

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

quote:

I was so stoked that I went into telling her how much I was in love with her but too afraid to approach and she always seemed so sweet and she was still beautiful. I said that my silly school boy had dreams of marrying her and having kids and I even had the names picked out.

i think i sprained something cringing at this

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

OceanCyclone posted:

Absolute best case this guy is going to wind up in prison for violating a restraining order in the near future.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cowslips Warren posted:

The amount of cringe in that one, I was debating on posting it or not.

AITAH for removing my daughter from her bed at 3 am?

I dunno if there's some missing reasons here or something, but it seems off. I'm not a parent, but seven seems old enough to expect a child to be able to put themselves to bed, right?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Neito posted:

I dunno if there's some missing reasons here or something, but it seems off. I'm not a parent, but seven seems old enough to expect a child to be able to put themselves to bed, right?

Usually but my kid really couldn't at 7 (he's ok now). COVID sorta messed a bunch of childhoods right up.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
In related creepo news

AITA for trying to find a date after my school said to stop

quote:

Last semester, before this one started, I did admittedly do quite a bit of searching. I asked out a bunch of grad students (I’m 25 so I want older students). Truth is, I’ve never had any experience and I’m still a virgin, which apparently is a huge turn-off for women my age.

Last semester I apparently creeped a woman out and my school admin told me to stop until the end of the semester.

Now this is a whole new semester, and I began searching again. I took things slower and didn’t overdo it this time to avoid coming across as creepy. Given that it’s partially what caused me to fail last time, I decided to change tactics. Yet my school admin is giving me poo poo again. One of the administrators said “we told you to stop.”

I didn’t say it, but I was thinking “yes, until the end of that semester, which I did. This is a new semester.” Still. AITA?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Foo Diddley posted:

i don't think it's a thing outside of language classes, no

If I took a course in French today, would I be Soldats devant le canon (soldiers in front of cannons)

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

In related creepo news

AITA for trying to find a date after my school said to stop

Really curious what exactly he is doing. Did he set up a table in the quad with a sign that says "I want to date you, change my mind" or is it something even creepier?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm a bit biased because my friend has a 4-year-old. Constantly refers to her as the baby, and said baby has a bedtime routine that lasts about an hour with cuddles and several books being read and singing, and then sometimes the kid decide she wants more attention. So she'll get out of bed and get the whole thing on a smaller scale, but this can repeat for a good hour or two every night.

Most kids hate bedtime and love attention.

At 7 though, dad is clearly going for good cop/bad cop poo poo.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Having trouble saying someone's name is an entirely different beast than "No, Imma call you Pablo now, deal with it", which is what the teacher was doing

If every kid in the class had a Spanish name for class, while I guess technically you are allowed to insist you’re the one kid that doesn’t apply to, you are just insisting on being the weird kid who can’t enjoy basic classroom practices that probably have been in place for years. It’s just weird to make that big of a deal out of something that I’m 99% certain is just boring pedagogical practice.

Edit:
It’s like you’re volunteering to be the kid whose parents wouldn’t sign the permission sheet to watch the movie in class because it has magic in it or something.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Really curious what exactly he is doing. Did he set up a table in the quad with a sign that says "I want to date you, change my mind" or is it something even creepier?

Given that it was bad enough to motivate a school administrator to actually do something, it was probably wicked bad, like cornering a girl and demanding a date or full on sexual assault

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

OceanCyclone posted:

She looked exactly the same and I had to say hello.

Looked exactly the same as she did in 8th grade according to this guy, who is by implication at least a high school graduate if not a college graduate and talks nonstop about how beautiful she is.

loving yikes.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Looked exactly the same as she did in 8th grade according to this guy, who is by implication at least a high school graduate if not a college graduate and talks nonstop about how beautiful she is.

loving yikes.

My read of that was he was absolutely facebook stalking her and didn't wanna admit it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mx. posted:

My (26F) husband (33M) uses the same mop water for weeks, and refuses to stop.

quote:

My husband has only a few household tasks. One of them that he took on is mopping the floors. He has a bucket full of water, maybe 3 gallons, he will use to mop. He puts two or three cups of Pine Sol in the bucket, and then fills it up. When he is finished mopping, he will put the mop inside the bucket, and put the bucket on the porch. He uses the water until I throw it away. The water is often black when I throw it out. He will use the same water to clean up messes—if the dog pees on the floor, he mops it up and then puts the bucket of water back on the porch.

This is a major source of contention between us because I think it is incredibly gross. We have gotten into screaming arguments when he has “caught” me throwing out the mop water. He says the water is fine because the Pine Sol sterilizes it, and that he worked as a janitor before and he’s insulted that I think he doesn’t know how to clean a floor. “I cleaned a whole school for years and you think I don’t know how to clean a regular floor?” I have offered to do it myself but he sees it as an insult to his abilities.
Hi. I worked as a janitor and in other jobs where I mopped up the floor.

Empty the mop bucket after every time you use it. Sometimes, empty it before you are done with the whole floor because it's already dirty and the water coming out of the mop is dark and then you're just moving around dirt. Holy poo poo, empty the mop bucket.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
p sure the guy who's regularly leaving the floors sticky knows full well that he's doing it wrong

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cythereal posted:

loving yikes.

I know, right? Coincidentally, another bizarre one that felt off in similar (but weirder) way:

AITA for telling a coworker she looks like Linda Blair?

quote:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but 2 weeks ago a new girl started at work. She’s nice and seems chill. I only work with her 2 days a week so we don’t interact much. When I first met her and we were introducing ourselves, I said “wow, you look so much like Linda Blair!” (I said this enthusiastically and as a compliment since I’m a fan and The Exorcist is my favorite movie). She looked confused and asked me who that was so I told her it was the actress from The Exorcist. She chuckled and nodded like “ahh, I see” and said she’s never been told that before. Nothing to indicate to me that what I said bothered her.

End of story. We continued work as usual.

Fast forward to today, I’m having lunch with another coworker (let’s call her Annie) and we started talking about the new girl. Annie tells me that the new girl straight up told her she doesn’t like me or wants to work with me because I’m inappropriate. Imagine my face. I was SHOOK like wtf did I do. So apparently, she took offense to my Linda Blair compliment. She thought/thinks I said she looks like Regan, the possessed girl from the movie in mid possession, I guess. Annie told me the new girl is a Christian and this really bothered her. Everyone at work knows about it because she told everyone she feels weird working with me. They all think she’s being ridiculous and were laughing about it (not in front of her of course). I still need to know if I was being offensive though, like would anyone reading this feel offended if someone said you look like Linda Blair? Should I even apologize? I barely work with her and we're not in constant contact with each other at work. Would apologizing just start up drama as it would indicate to her that my other coworkers told me about it? Ugh.

Am I an rear end in a top hat??

Also yes, she looks JUST like Linda Blair/Regan pre & post possession. She's beautiful.

Judged to have no assholes present. But personally, I'd be completely weirded out by OP's obsession with "not the possessed version, the beautiful young child actress version, totally normal!!!" :yikes:

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

selec posted:

When I was in high school Spanish we all picked either a Spanish name or the Spanish version of our existing name. HMMMMMM.

Edit: thinking back it was probably part of a whole pedagogical method. Our teacher never spoke English in class until the last five minutes for housekeeping stuff, and we all had to only speak Spanish and use our Spanish names.

"In America, this is very normal."

Seriously, I find this quite weird. I've studied 6 foreign languages in a formal classroom context and no teacher did this. Ever.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I mean, that was one example. In a dub of the luchador movie Neutron the Atomic Superman vs. the Death Robots, they change the three lead guys's names from Carlos, Jaime, and Mario to Charles, James, and Mark. It's always super bizarre to see. I think I can understand a guy being named Mario.

Then again, English speaking cultures do it, too*, so perhaps that's why your Spanish teachers did this. The crowd who was saying "just call people by their actual" name clearly hasn't seen English-speakers (or French-speakers) struggle to pronounce my first name. Even when I tell them how to do it, most of them still gently caress it up, even though all the individual phonemes of my name exist in English. So to those who really struggle, I will offer them to call me by my [language]-equivalent.

* e.g. with names from Antiquity, like, what's so hard about Marcus Antonius that he has to be 'Mark Anthony' instead?

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

Mx. posted:

My (26F) husband (33M) uses the same mop water for weeks, and refuses to stop.

Honestly I'm impressed with her restraint because if I was married to somebody who did this I would probably just divorce them immediately the first time it happened.

Although I have a bit of a thing about cleaning practices anyway, I used to get in prolonged arguments with my ex because he sucked at washing dishes yet also refused to use a dishwasher. With poo poo like that, I feel like it's always less about the cleaning and more about a control issue/unwillingness to admit being wrong about anything. I'm glad I live alone now.

On sleep regression kid, I think sometimes kids are just weird about that. I was a super anxious kid and was extremely afraid of the dark, I really don't know why looking back on it, I think I just had an overactive imagination. So I was a bad sleeper and I'm sure it was a huge pain in the rear end for my parents. I don't think the mom's reaction was out of line if this has been going on for a while and is also interrupting sleep for the other kids.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Imagine nurturing a middle-school crush for so long that you've convinced yourself it's the love of the ages and not a hormone-fueled infatuation for someone you interacted with for ten minutes in PE class.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Seriously, I find this quite weird. I've studied 6 foreign languages in a formal classroom context and no teacher did this. Ever.

Then again, English speaking cultures do it, too*, so perhaps that's why your Spanish teachers did this. The crowd who was saying "just call people by their actual" name clearly hasn't seen English-speakers (or French-speakers) struggle to pronounce my first name. Even when I tell them how to do it, most of them still gently caress it up, even though all the individual phonemes of my name exist in English. So to those who really struggle, I will offer them to call me by my [language]-equivalent.

* e.g. with names from Antiquity, like, what's so hard about Marcus Antonius that he has to be 'Mark Anthony' instead?

I dunno, but they started a German program years later, second language program we ever had, and they did it for that too. It makes sense to me: you’re doing a bit of immersion, and language isn’t just about learning different words and syntax, the best language classes, especially for high school or younger, are also communicating cultural information.

If this sounds hippie-dippy to people I dunno what to say. Maybe we had a teacher who just really leaned into it, but it made sense to us, and this was in the context of a small midwestern town of like 3000 people that was 30-40% Latino when I was growing up and is now like 65% Latino and just does full bilingual education for k12. You can’t really not lean into the cultural side of language learning in an environment like that if you want to do anything resembling a decent job.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Captain Hygiene posted:

I know, right? Coincidentally, another bizarre one that felt off in similar (but weirder) way:

AITA for telling a coworker she looks like Linda Blair?

Judged to have no assholes present. But personally, I'd be completely weirded out by OP's obsession with "not the possessed version, the beautiful young child actress version, totally normal!!!" :yikes:
"You look totally like Natalie Portman! No, not from Black Swan or V from Vendetta, you look just like her from The Professional!"

:yikes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
hey baby, you ever seen taxi driver? 'cuz

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Neito posted:

depends on the kid, but not necessarily. a child's emotional development does not always progress in a straight line, and different children get there at different times. I think that the answer here is probably somewhere in the middle (mom is being too harsh, dad is babying her too much), but it's really hard to figure this poo poo out when you're dealing with it first-hand, let alone trying to diagnose it from a post someone typed up. her wakeups and tantrums could be a response to getting spoiled by dad's bedtime routine... or it could be a symptom of some other problem. there's just not enough to go on here, kids are complicated and unique and there's rarely a neat and tidy fix to "i'm up at 3am dealing with a kid that violently refuses to go back to sleep, please god help me make this kid go to sleep"

(as an example, I have a six year old who is sleeping great now, but early this year she was sleeping poorly and having bizarre and excessive 2am meltdowns, along with some excessive daytime meltdowns. many sleepless nights, long conversations, and visits to professionals later, it turned out that she had ADHD. Her emotional dysregulation and disrupted sleeping were part of that, and understanding that my kid couldn't calm herself down was a key realization for me and my wife.)

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Its not that crazy, when learning english in school we also had "english" versions of names. Except for those who had no english equivalent, than its just normal name with english accent :D

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

hey baby, you ever seen taxi driver? 'cuz

I get that a lot. About the taxi, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Not gonna lie, the Dr. Who thing flew over my head, partly because I've never watched the show but mostly because Matt Lucas gives me visceral creeps. Has he been milkshake ducked yet?

Well, there are the multiple instances of blackface.