Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe jade's name really will be GloLoc Out The Mud just like that which was said by rarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Out the Mud" - very rude. We should respect the Mud's privacy and let them express their sexuality in time, on their own terms.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This is the same company that changed the names of people who had already worked for them for years under their independent or real names to Katana Chance, GUNTHER, Giovanni Vinci, and Alba Fyre. It's pretty standard procedure at this point because for all their posturing about "superstars" WWE only cares that you are another name on the WWE Roster and a representative of their Brand. Every time it felt like maybe things would change and the mentality would shift that door has been violently slammed shut. A potentially stupid name won't stop Jade from being a star, but bad booking might. But even Mercedes Mone survived awful booking and a smear campaign so who knows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, Mercedes Mone survived all of that because she's probably the best American-born women's wrestler in the world and Jade is....

.....not that!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so if this isn’t Jade’s new ring name, then why is someone being renamed to something so close to her name?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

maybe jade's name really will be GloLoc Out The Mud just like that which was said by rarity.

Nobody should doubt my scoops

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

I mean, Mercedes Mone survived all of that because she's probably the best American-born women's wrestler in the world

Hang on let me check Athena's birthplace.

Yeah, no

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Hang on let me check Athena's birthplace.

Yeah, no

It's close. Mercedes is better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
WWE gonna call her Cassidy and team her up with Butch

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MJeff posted:

Quick twitter search has some people saying Jaida Parker will likely be this person?

https://twitter.com/lexveraux/status/1705190809895678122

they should debut her as Fake Jade Cargill

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

are we talking alive or all time? because if its all time no doubt the best american born wrestler will be someone in the distant distant future, probably with some sort of cybernetic enhancements. i think the best is yet to come. and are we talking the country of america or the land that america now sits on, because cavewomen in the ancient past didnt exactly have easy lives. they had to fight to survive every day

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

are we talking alive or all time? because if its all time no doubt the best american born wrestler will be someone in the distant distant future, probably with some sort of cybernetic enhancements. i think the best is yet to come. and are we talking the country of america or the land that america now sits on, because cavewomen in the ancient past didnt exactly have easy lives. they had to fight to survive every day

I am so loving sick of this cybernetic enhancements talk. These kids need to stop doing their rocket-pack assisted flippy dos and learn to grab a hold with their mecha-claws.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jade gonna be renamed to Storm, standing by my belief

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
why do you guys think WWE is trying to taunt marvel/disney by naming the lady who does storm from xmen cosplay "storm" like just sit and think for one minute, if Johnny gargano did Spiderman cosplay in his off time you're not naming his rear end "spiderman"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i am

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

shiksa posted:

why do you guys think WWE is trying to taunt marvel/disney by naming the lady who does storm from xmen cosplay "storm" like just sit and think for one minute, if Johnny gargano did Spiderman cosplay in his off time you're not naming his rear end "spiderman"

Especially not when they already own the rights to "Arachnaman" :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Exactly. We respect tradition here. He'd be Arachnaman.

E: beaten like arachnaman's foes

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jade is going to be called Car Gill and she's going to be a car/fish hybrid, it's so loving easy to figure out

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Someone on F4W forums called her Diamond Trucklung and that's my pick.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

It’s not “you guys”, it is “just me”, and i am basing it on absolutely nothing but gut feelings because I do not think they will let her stay as Jade Cargill

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She will keep her name but spelled in a really dumb way that they can own the rights to.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jayde

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pearl Char-Grill, and her gimmick is selling hamburgers (this is a post for nc people only, please ignore if you are not from there)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Each time stuff like that is posted, I'm really hoping WWE has filed for a trademark on "All Sack" Drew Gulak. Alas.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

boxcarhobo posted:

Pearl Char-Grill, and her gimmick is selling hamburgers (this is a post for nc people only, please ignore if you are not from there)

Charisma Cook-Out. Jaded becomes "The Tray."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
She's going to have a complainer gimmick and they'll call her Cheerwhine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a cyborg goes to the ancient past to train an ancient cavewoman in the art of cyber-fighting. she is, the american cavewoman jade cargill

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I just kind of skim this thread on occasion, but has it been confirmed 100% that she actually went to WWE? It really seems like something they'd be shouting instead of keeping quiet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lucifunk posted:

I just kind of skim this thread on occasion, but has it been confirmed 100% that she actually went to WWE? It really seems like something they'd be shouting instead of keeping quiet.

She's at the Performance Center this week. Not officially signed yet (at least not announced as such) but her AEW deal is over and she's moved on, her hugging Kris last week was it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
yeah also gone from the aew roster page

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

That's too bad. Oh well, they only have a dozen or more women to fill her spot in AEW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Do they though

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jade is a Megastar and it's on AEW that they didn't have her on every talk show to make the most of her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Disney buy the Raw rights they could do a licensing deal like they did for Gangrel back in the day :shrug:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Tony's a fool for letting Jade walk instead of capitalizing on her obvious star potential

Jade's a fool for thinking she's going to be treated well in WWE just because Cody got the odd bit of a push here and there

Vinnie Mac stays winning, because that's what evil soulless people do

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gade Kargill

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I don't think much good can come from attempting to psychoanalyze why someone would change their workplace or what their goals are.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In order to sow disorder and confusion, Jade debuts in wwe as the unrelated new character "Brandy Roads"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how could tony have failed to realize that sending jade onto talk shows increased her loyalty rating by three percent each appearance and her fame rating by 5. if his paragon rating was high enough he could have gotten cm punk and hangman to back down and fly right, and he should ahve known to send cody into the vents, ensuring a 'perfect ending.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lucifunk posted:

That's too bad. Oh well, they only have a dozen or more women to fill her spot in AEW.

they all absolutely stink though