Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So from what I can understand, they’re angry they can’t buy the shares of a bankrupted company because they’ve been put onto the tallest shelf to avoid children/idiots from wasting money on said shares.
Also apparently they’re going to stop existing in 9 days anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

HappyHippo posted:

I don't think it was ever shown that shorts were driving the price down, and not the fact that BBBY was a debt-ridden towel store in the age of internet shopping. "Apes" just assume that the only reason any stock goes down is shorts.

I like how it comes down to it all being some big conspiracy by the moneyed elites, but somehow they think that they can beat them at their own game by super publicly yelling about everything they're doing all the time.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Their minds are inscrutable. I don't think we can apply logic and reasoning to their actions any more.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"The dappGambl researchers conclude that while we may never see an NFT boom like the one in 2021-2022, the assets may evolve in a way to survive the wipeout. For example, they could be given a specific function, becoming a pass for special event access or a virtual item to be purchased and traded in video games."

Keep researching team, you'll get there eventually.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Yeah, maybe one day the lies that they said to give the thing some legitimacy while really everyone just sold ugly pictures of monkeys may come true. Some day~

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
dappGambl

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

it’s a core belief of meme stock apes, perhaps the core belief, that not only does short selling drive down the stock price of companies but that’s the actual purpose of short selling as a concept: a tool to attack and destroy beloved companies. that’s what it’s for, that’s its purpose.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

HappyHippo posted:

I don't think it was ever shown that shorts were driving the price down, and not the fact that BBBY was a debt-ridden towel store in the age of internet shopping. "Apes" just assume that the only reason any stock goes down is shorts.

Sure, and I'm not a swing trader so I don't know the details, but I assumed CTB was separate from the price. The apes were attempting to drive up CTB by gobbling up shares and keeping them off of the market, as far as I'm aware.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it’s a core belief of meme stock apes, perhaps the core belief, that not only does short selling drive down the stock price of companies but that’s the actual purpose of short selling as a concept: a tool to attack and destroy beloved companies. that’s what it’s for, that’s its purpose.
But everyone hated GameStop.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Sure, and I'm not a swing trader so I don't know the details, but I assumed CTB was separate from the price. The apes were attempting to drive up CTB by gobbling up shares and keeping them off of the market, as far as I'm aware.

I think their obsession with CTB was as a proxy measure of how much of the float they owned/DRSed (less stocks available = more cost to borrow). I don't know much about the mechanics of it, but apes being apes I just assume they're wrong about that and that the movement they were following religiously was just normal market fluctuations. Even if they were successfully driving it up I doubt hedge funds were particularly interested in shorting OTC penny stocks.

But back to your original post, the ape's "thesis" (conspiracy addled fever-dream) was that the "hedgies" have been naked shorting the stock through synthetic shares, and that the number of synthetic shares was enormously greater than the total number of real shares (which the apes were buying/DRSing), and so the only way out for the shorts was for the stock to get cancelled. All of this is likely not possible, and even if it were it definitely wasn't happening.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Where is Dan Olsen's finished movie?? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhsbvcxhgfd

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
probably waiting for the BBBY stock anullment for the final segment

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Where is Dan Olsen's finished movie?? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhsbvcxhgfd

he did a lot of re-editing to explain some stuff better. he's finalizing that video

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

every time i see bbby i read it as "Big Beautiful Battle of Yavin" and it makes me want to kay my ess

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I just read it as Best Buy, which really fucks me up every time and I have to remember it's not.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

ymgve posted:

probably waiting for the BBBY stock anullment for the final segment

It seems like the perfect hook for a second video. Dude is letting perfect be the enemy of both good and adsense revenue

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

Their minds are inscrutable. I don't think we can apply logic and reasoning to their actions any more.

You can apply logic very easily

They are in a cult no different from the gematria Qanon people, and they are simply using the cultic language of their community. Whether or not it makes any sense is irrelevant, because worrying about it making sense means you aren’t a true believer. Non true believers get shunned

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

The Lone Badger posted:

This guy's mistake was hiring actual artists and having them put actual work into it, causing him to miss the bus. The correct approach was to poo poo out a jpg with MS Paint the same afternoon as he came up with the idea.

I remember about 2 years ago, the owners of the cell phone repair store franchise that I was working for were in the back room, monitoring some NFT collection with a script, and buying ones that were at whatever their rarity/cost ratio was set to. It was the standard ugly procgen NFT poo poo, the base image looked like an angry version of the Honey Nut Cheerios bee. They also compared it to buying actual valuable physical artwork, and I think they got offended when I explained it to my coworker as, “it’s like bitcoin, but with jpegs.”

They also had a Tesla, and not only did they once have to wait for hours on the side of the road after they got a flat (I guess there’s something proprietary about changing a tire?), but it later got sideswiped by a truck and they were driving it around with damage all over the passenger side because of the incredibly long delay on trying to get it repaired.

After they strung me along for months and gave me additional responsibilities with the promise of a raise, and it turned out to be $1/hour, there was some definite schadenfreude there. I have no idea what that NFT collection was called, but I have no doubt it’s in the crapper with the rest of them.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

TVs Ian posted:

They also had a Tesla, and not only did they once have to wait for hours on the side of the road after they got a flat (I guess there’s something proprietary about changing a tire?),

The batteries make the things weigh about a billion pounds, I wouldn't be surprised if you need a specialized jack to lift them off the road.

Gophermaster
Mar 5, 2005

Bring the Ruckas
They weigh less than most pickup trucks, so that's unlikely.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

In order to change a tire you need to send a Victorian street urchin up the exhaust pipe to undo the bolts.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Neito posted:

The batteries make the things weigh about a billion pounds, I wouldn't be surprised if you need a specialized jack to lift them off the road.

You need a low-profile jack and a special hockey puck thing that goes into the lift point on the underside (it's the same hockey puck Porsche uses). Low profile jacks aren't typically something you can use any old place: you need pretty smooth cement for them to roll properly.

Also you have to tighten the lug nuts at 129 ft-lb, which is a lot tighter than lighter cars. If you don't tighten the wheel properly, it could come off.

For these reasons, if you get a flat that you can't patch with slime long enough to make it to the tire shop, you need to call a flatbed tow truck.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I just got curious and looked, apparently they don’t include a jack and a donut, or even make one. So if you get a flat on the road, you wait for roadside assistance to show up.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
you won't care

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
everything i hear and read about teslas make them seem like the ulitmate techbro Cali car.

no water proofing because it fairly mild and dry in CA, theyre always near civilization so just call someone lol. also just pay someone lol and rent a different tesla.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

PhazonLink posted:

no water proofing because it fairly mild and dry in CA,

wait what? This is the first I've heard.

So what happens to them when it rains?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

they explode op

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cyrano4747 posted:

it rains inside the car as well

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hard to say!
Probably nothing

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've had two of them and they're fine in the rain :shrug:

Any news with BBBY?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh I was talking about how the trunk and front trunk both leak water into themseleves when they open when there's rain or a wintery slushy winter.

something that other cars dont do.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

oh I was talking about how the trunk and front trunk both leak water into themseleves when they open when there's rain or a wintery slushy winter.

something that other cars dont do.

Oh yeah that's annoying as hell.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh and the handleless doors and windows being weird in cold temps too? like actual cold. not just "oh god this 55F degrees is freezing

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

everything i hear and read about teslas make them seem like the ulitmate techbro Cali car.

no water proofing because it fairly mild and dry in CA, theyre always near civilization so just call someone lol. also just pay someone lol and rent a different tesla.

Iirc its not that no water proofing was an intentional design thing, its that they have lovely manufacturig that leads to panel gaps and leaking

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

cruft posted:

Any news with BBBY?

going to the moon in a lambo to get tendies

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Every now and then I think it’s all fake, just a hundred trolls winding us all up.

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/23805420.lexicon-accused-flyerer-impeding-freedom-speech/

Then one of the apes hits the news

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

cruft posted:

Any news with BBBY?

Monday it squeezes.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah, not to get too far into the weeds, but Teslas are really lovely, badly made cars.

To give this a veneer of on-topicness, back in the day, you could pay for Teslas with Bitcoin! But if you ever wanted a refund for any reason, such as "you couldn't open your car door in winter" or "something caught fire" or "the car is a badly made piece of poo poo," they would refund you in Bitcoin or USD at their discretion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Competition with SBF levels of criming stupidity, this politician got caught taking bribes in gold, and....

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1705227259659886704